Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

She also got fired/killed on the show because reportedly she refused to sleep with a producer. Which you think would cause a bigger stink on the show or something.

I heard it was because she wanted her character to do more stuff besides being lady ADA #381 and was pissed when they told her no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Fooz posted:

Man what's going on in here?

I've tried a few times to get through leftovers 1x01, it's not easy.

Not that I think it's bad, but it sure is not exciting.

Nah it's bad, it's ok to say that.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Fooz posted:

Man what's going on in here?

I've tried a few times to get through leftovers 1x01, it's not easy.

Not that I think it's bad, but it sure is not exciting.

I love the show, enough that it kills me to see people talk poo poo about it, but it really is a tough show to love. I think it's one of those "You have to be tuned to a certain frequency" deals.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
gently caress it, I'll create The Strain thread. I'll get it up later today.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

DivisionPost posted:

I love the show, enough that it kills me to see people talk poo poo about it, but it really is a tough show to love. I think it's one of those "You have to be tuned to a certain frequency" deals.

Everything I hear about The Leftovers makes it sound like the dullest, most paint-by-numbers melodrama on television. Its saddens me to think that there's a generation of writers inspired by shows like Mad Men and Breaking Bad to produce ponderously boring poo poo as if glacial pacing and tedious interpersonal drama is what made those shows good.

edit: gently caress it, I'm just going to say it. Last night's episode of 24 was the most gripping and entertaining episode of television I've seen since the BB finale, and it was pure pulp. Audiences like pulp. Correction, they loving LOVE pulp. Every popular show, even the ponderous ones, are brimming with pulp. The Sopranos started as pulp. Breaking Bad was stuffed with it. For God's sake, writers, your shows need pulp to be watchable because pure masturbatory writing exercises (looking in your direction, Lindelof) aren't entertaining to anyone but yourselves.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 15, 2014

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

IRQ posted:

Nah it's bad, it's ok to say that.

I dont like the leftovers because I am impatient, but its not bad.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Do you idiots need constant explosions and sword fights to be entertained? Jesus

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Also throw in boobs please.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You guys should really be watching Banshee then.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The Strain thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3650932

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Do you idiots need constant explosions and sword fights to be entertained? Jesus

Theres three kinds of tviv goons: 24 livewatchers, Lost livewatchers, and Dexter hatewatchers. 24 is back on so those folks are happy but the rest wander around hateposting like ronin

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
actually there are hundreds of types of tviv poster idiot.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Nobody hates The Leftovers. They just hate Damon Lindelof.. The show itself is just sorta bland but it's on a premium network so people will talk about it. 5 years from now nobody will remember it like Nip/Tuck.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

scary ghost dog posted:

actually there are hundreds of types of tviv poster idiot.

I think the word you're looking for is "individuals."

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

I think the word you're looking for is "individuals."

There's an invisible comma after poster

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

Nobody hates The Leftovers. They just hate Damon Lindelof.. The show itself is just sorta bland but it's on a premium network so people will talk about it. 5 years from now nobody will remember it like Nip/Tuck.
No, I hate it.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Slamhound posted:

No, I hate it.

Literally nobody cares

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Slamhound posted:

No, I hate it.

U must be a Dexter hatewatcher.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

U must be a Dexter hatewatcher.

Why, yes!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Shut up about Leftovers. Go to that thread if you want to do the stupid "It's good/bad because I say so, so you shut up" bullshit.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

zoux posted:

Who's yer favorite L&O ADA? Mine's Liz Rohm.

Mine's the one on SVU that started out as a rapist.

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Is "yes" the wrong answer...? :ohdear:

raditts fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 15, 2014

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
So SNL fired two more guys: John Milhiser and Noel Wells.

When they fired the other guy whose name I don't remember, I remembered that he was the bland guy. I don't even remember who Milhisner is, so that says all there is to say about him.

Noel Wells I remember thinking was ok, but SNL actually has an extremely strong female cast right now, so maybe she was a casualty of not living up to their standards?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

She also got fired/killed on the show because reportedly she refused to sleep with a producer. Which you think would cause a bigger stink on the show or something.

I remember reading a Michael Ausiello column that claimed they wanted someone sexier in the role.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Mu Zeta posted:

5 years from now nobody will remember it like Nip/Tuck.

Nip/Tuck was terrific :colbert:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nip/Tuck was horrible and I'll never forget it. Nip/Tuck scarred me.

And yet I still gave Glee 2+ years of viewing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I heard it was because she wanted her character to do more stuff besides being lady ADA #381 and was pissed when they told her no.

That is a pretty dumb request to make in season 15.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

OldSenileGuy posted:

When they fired the other guy whose name I don't remember, I remembered that he was the bland guy. I don't even remember who Milhisner is, so that says all there is to say about him.

Noel Wells I remember thinking was ok, but SNL actually has an extremely strong female cast right now, so maybe she was a casualty of not living up to their standards?

The thing I read was that they were all first years, apparently their being harsher culling people who don't excel right out of the gate.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
The new Hulu series The Hotwives of Orlando is worth checking out. It's a collection of a UCB regulars, and while the first episode had me worried they weren't going to do enough to differentiate themselves from the actual reality shows, they get attacked by ghosts in the third episode.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The thing I read was that they were all first years, apparently their being harsher culling people who don't excel right out of the gate.

It's nothing new, and not entirely surprising considering how huge the cast had become. Some people have done well after being cut from SNL.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Yes to the explosions, no to the swordfights.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I want sword fights and no explosions.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Explosions and sword fights being popular really explains why Revolution is TVIV's favorite show.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Canceled show :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'll settle for exploding swords.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

OldSenileGuy posted:

Just a reminder of how boring / unusable Brooks Wheelan was, one of the only sketches I remembers him in was a panel thing where he had to play himself and the joke was "I'm Brooks Wheelan, from SNL . . . no I'm actually on SNL." THAT was the extent of his usability.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Wait seriously?
Like, was this the one who said "It's because I'm gay, right" completely out of left field for no reason whatsoever?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

There's no Drunk History thread, is there? Johnny Knoxville is playing Johnny Cash on tonight's episode hahaha

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Postal Parcel posted:

Wait seriously?
Like, was this the one who said "It's because I'm gay, right" completely out of left field for no reason whatsoever?

No, this was the one who was murdered and stuffed into a car trunk by home invaders. Like I said, this was the rumor floating around at the time as to why she was fired.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Didn't another get killed by a cartel? drat, being a sexy ADA in the Law & Order world is hazardous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Didn't another get killed by a cartel? drat, being a sexy ADA in the Law & Order world is hazardous.

One of the SVU ones got fake killed by a cartel. Another regular one got killed in a car accident when McCoy and Briscoe got super drunk.

• Locked thread