Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm filing BHB under too scummy to be scum on this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."
We're just over 3 hours from deadline. I don't think Zebu or f_v seem particularly Scummy, but I'm open to the possibility of lynching someone other than BHB.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
What about Capps?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Re-stating my original case on Capps:

I want to vote Capps. It feels like he keeps leading the lynches and I'm not confident I can trust him. This was his case on Jam and it's pretty bad.

mr.capps posted:

jam did just plop on a vote after some serious discussion and the guy is humorless so he wouldn't be going with a joke vote

D1 he voted Ard for not liking bunnies. He tried to push other people to vote Ard with him but the only reason he could come up with was that Ard was "slippery". No one else was interested so he moved the push to Jam.

Today this is his only comment before voting Ard

mr.capps posted:

yeah arc is probably scum but i still feel like day one was orchestrated
i'll vote arc
##vote arc

And this comment comes right after he tries to get people to continue focusing on everyone who voted him. None of his opinions or focus seem sincere to me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am the most sincere person in mafia.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
FV is always trying to get me lynch it seems.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mr.capps posted:

FV is always trying to get me lynch it seems.

Only when I think you're scum.

##vote capps

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I will agree ##vote capps

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Barehanded Brother (4): Asiina, Ardulac, greatZebu, Poque
mr.capps (2): fiery_valkyrie, Opopanax
greatZebu (2): CCKeane, Tremendous Taste
Ardulac (1): Barehanded Brother
fiery_valkyrie (0): Poque, Poque

Not Voting (1): mr.capps

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 15th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 2 minutes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm dying.

I died. This is the spooky ghost of CCKeane haunting all of you today. OooOOOooo I say, OoooOOOooo vote alongside me!!!

But yeah I guess BHB might not be terrible now, since he had a 180 on Skint and whatnot.

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

Poque posted:

You can't save yourself as scum by claiming cop if Asiina is telling the truth here. In order for Ardy to be scum, Asiina needs to be scum as well. I don't see it.

Would you spell this out a little more for me? I don't really follow what you're saying here, and the rest of your analysis makes sense to me so I want to get the whole picture.

BHB's single-minded focus on Ardulac has me doubting. I feel like most scum would be a little more flexible. capps has been laying awfully low and playing very noncommittally since day 1. On the other hand if we switch to capps at the last minute and he's town then we will have made the same mistake 3 days running. I'll be back before the deadline and will try to find some time to look at capps more carefully.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Keane, i'll vote alongside you if you protect me from the evil FV

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Though I will probably switch to BHB later since the person you are voting probably won't die, since the deadline is like in two hours.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I haven't been really hanging low, I just kinda forgot what is going on this game.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##vote BHB
ha i lied i will switch to zebu in five minutes

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
classic trickster capps

sighhhhh

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Opopanax posted:

I'm filing BHB under too scummy to be scum on this one

same

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
everytime someone is this insistent that everyone should vote me they are probably town because scum die if they end up voting me sooner or later, but bhb stayed on me even when it got dangerous

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i lied i will switch to zebu now, not 3 minutes from now
##vote greatZebu

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

You're a good man, Mr. Capps.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am distracted because i am trying to write about a kick rear end orphan

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CCKeane posted:

You're a good man, Mr. Capps.

i try

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

greatZebu posted:

Would you spell this out a little more for me? I don't really follow what you're saying here, and the rest of your analysis makes sense to me so I want to get the whole picture.

BHB's single-minded focus on Ardulac has me doubting. I feel like most scum would be a little more flexible. capps has been laying awfully low and playing very noncommittally since day 1. On the other hand if we switch to capps at the last minute and he's town then we will have made the same mistake 3 days running. I'll be back before the deadline and will try to find some time to look at capps more carefully.

Asiina claimed miller, which returns "scum" or "badguy" or whatever if investigated by a cop. So unless the mod's just being a dick, a miller will almost certainly come with a cop to make the cop less powerful. So Ardy couldn't really be saving himself by falsely claiming cop, since if there's a miller, somebody is actually going to be the cop and it's the easiest thing to counterclaim. The only possibility is that Asiina, as scum, just decided to claim miller for some reason out the gate so that she and Ardy (or presumably a third scum) could pull a cop/miller town/town combo. But this is insanely risky as scum since you run the risk of there already being a cop, which is a reasonable possibility (probably >50% chance).

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Re-stating my original case on Capps:

I want to vote Capps. It feels like he keeps leading the lynches and I'm not confident I can trust him. This was his case on Jam and it's pretty bad.

D1 he voted Ard for not liking bunnies. He tried to push other people to vote Ard with him but the only reason he could come up with was that Ard was "slippery". No one else was interested so he moved the push to Jam.

Today this is his only comment before voting Ard

And this comment comes right after he tries to get people to continue focusing on everyone who voted him. None of his opinions or focus seem sincere to me.

I hate that you're mad at Capps about leading lynches but are trying to move the lynch in another direction when there's a supremely obvious candidate otherwise.

"i'm not confident i can trust him" is odd. Why would you ever feel confident about trusting anybody

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Some people are jealous of my ability to lead and the fact that I am a hero.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
(thanks submit button)

...confident about trusting anybody without a confirmation of a claim or sure-thing night action results?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mr.capps posted:

Some people are jealous of my ability to lead and the fact that I am a hero.

don't mistake what I posted as me leaning town on you. you are a bundle of chaos but that means literally nothing for you.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
everytime i post people hear this theme in their head:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KW7oM772Yg

some are inspired

others are jealous

because they know i am here to protect you all

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
now i need to go write this orphan thing

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Poque posted:

don't mistake what I posted as me leaning town on you. you are a bundle of chaos but that means literally nothing for you.

someone should do a dnd alignment chart of mafia players and put me at chaotic good

ok now i won't be distracted from the thing i am trying to write

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

Poque posted:

So unless the mod's just being a dick, a miller will almost certainly come with a cop

Thanks, this is the bit I was missing.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

mr.capps posted:

someone should do a dnd alignment chart of mafia players and put me at chaotic good

ok now i won't be distracted from the thing i am trying to write

I'll make a chart of players and put you at "Poopy Butt" alignment.

GreatZebu you seem like a pretty cool dude and I like playing with you but I do think you're scum, I'm sorry.

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

Seriously? I'd like to think that if I was scum I could have avoided hammering innocent townies on 2 out of 2 days so far.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

CCKeane posted:

I'll make a chart of players and put you at "Poopy Butt" alignment.

GreatZebu you seem like a pretty cool dude and I like playing with you but I do think you're scum, I'm sorry.

what about zebu? i read your history but it looks like you thought he was bussing at first. do you still think this after Ardy's cop claim?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah, you know what, that's not a bad point, Poque.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Uggggghhh I'm going to have to go BHB aren't I.

BHB are you around I am very upset right now I need your gentle hand.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##vote bhb

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
don't feel bad, since it's bhb.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=