Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

While Brad Jones was on the Skype call too, though at least that was an accident. LK thought that Brad would never want to be on his stream after that and then like a year later he brings it up to Brad and Brad was like "wait that happened? I don't give a poo poo"

Plus, after the freaky poo poo Brad has seen (and enjoyed), seeing a co-worker whip out his dick and start jerking it on the internet probably wasn't going to phase him much anyway. :v:

E: Oh Jesus, what a lovely way to start a new page...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

nine-gear crow posted:

E: Oh Jesus, what a lovely way to start a new page...

You should only give a crap about how you start a new page on threads that get hundreds of posts a day, cause those are the ones where even the most patient people will skip to the newest page. In this thread, people can catch up with the discussion rather than diving right in, so don't worry about it.

Why you felt this particular discussion warranted carrying over to the next page, though...

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

PiedPiper posted:

Wasn't there also some sort of Magfest-related incident involving LordKat and an intoxicated girl? I think Diamanda Hagan wrote about that one.

I vaguely remember this. Does anyone have more? I don't mean to be a dirt-digging gossiper, but I totally am.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

mind the walrus posted:

I vaguely remember this. Does anyone have more? I don't mean to be a dirt-digging gossiper, but I totally am.

http://diamandahagan.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/magfest-incident/

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Thank you very much Leelee. That is some good dirt.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I just noticed that Channel Awesome now has a Youtube page and that Doug interviewed Todd for his show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swLxiHOXSeo

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

I just noticed that Channel Awesome now has a Youtube page and that Doug interviewed Todd for his show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swLxiHOXSeo

Wait what, another one? :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/user/LeagueOfSuperCritics

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
So, I was at SGC 2014 this weekend, and although you probably don't care I'll tell you about it anyway, because "internet celebrities." v:geno:v

First of all, I don't really give a crap about ScrewAttack itself (or even really understand what it is) even though it's their con. I have zero involvement in its userbase. "G1"? WTF is that? Seriously, I don't even know. Stuttering Craig himself seems to be cool , as I observed him talking to people. I'd heard tall tales before that he's a chode or something, but I saw none of that. Actually, there was zero such drama as what appears in this thread, even though some big company bought ScrewAttack recently. If there was dirt, it was in the ground and out of sight. ProJared was fired from ScrewAttack in the past? Well he was at the con like nothing happened.

That's what I'll really never forget about this event: It seems as if ALL of the online personality folks I saw are really professional and gentlemanly. :golfclap: I can't think of any exceptions. They also look and sound exactly as you'd expect. I don't know why that surprises me, but it does. Actually I'm still kinda chuffed that some producers post right here; the shine never really wears off :3:

It's amazing how Angry Joe really is Angry Joe-- at least at cons. Uniform and all, like a drat superhero. I observed him from a distance a few times and he was gentlemanly and exuberant towards everyone he met. How can you honestly not like this guy? There are so many pictures. This is what he did during the con: a panel, and then endless posing, for 3 days.

JonTron is super popular and gets mildly mobbed. People recognize him everywhere he goes. Here's a picture I took:

The next day he powerwalked past me in a hallway, looking preoccupied, and I then heard some girl behind me go "JonTron! :keke: " Yet he's also nice to everyone. I like his videos but I never expected him to get so big and I didn't even know he was getting famous until this thread started talking about him all the time. It must be weird to be a huge star in one place, and then just some scruffy chubby guy everywhere else. :v:

But he's not as big as James Rolfe and Mike Matei. As you'd expect, everyone is nuts for AVGN, and the autographs line was 2 hours long. Some poor tween at their Q&A panel was so nervous he could barely speak! Relax kid, to "normal" people they're just a couple of nobody nerds. But yes, to us they're rock stars, so here's a picture I got after Pat the NES Punk's panel:

Meanwhile, Pat (my favorite :swoon: ), Brentalfloss, ProJared, and some others had own vendor tables just sitting there selling like normal guys. Pat (Contri) told me that he recently quit his day job to do Pat the NES Punk full time. I really hope that works out. :ohdear: He was very kind to me and I wish him well.

Check out his stuff if you haven't: http://www.youtube.com/user/PatTheNESpunk

Ema Nymton fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 15, 2014

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I was at ConnectiCon this weekend and it was fun. Todd, Lindsey, Nella, Elisa, Doug and Rob were the guests. Doug and Rob's QnA was a lot of fun. I think the two of them are very funny off the cuff. Best moments were Doug and Rob trying to answer questions while eating doughnuts and Lindsey sneaking up to the mic and telling Doug to get a new NChick because she sucked. The whole crowd went :aaa: and didn't realize it was her.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 15, 2014

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

BigRed0427 posted:

I was at ConnectiCon this weekend and it was fun. Todd, Lindsey, Nella, Elisa, Doug and Rob were the guests. Doug and Rob's QnA was a lot of fun. I think the two of them are very funny off the cuff. Best moments were Doug and Rob trying to answer questions while answering questions and Lindsey sneaking up to the mic and telling Doug to get a new NChick. The whole crowd went :aaa: and didn't realize it was her.

Haha, I'd like to see a video of that moment.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Back to Animorphs for me, this time with #39 The Hidden, which many fans consider one of the worst in the series. My opinion on it is a bit more complicated.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I don't think this has been posted yet? New Between the Lines: http://chezapocalypse.com/episodes/between-the-lines-spider-man/

I enjoyed this. Using Spider-Man as a springboard to discuss the various folkloric depictions of spiders was smart, and very educational. Good animation as well.

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

That channel is actually owned by Blip as a way of promoting themselves and the talent. Somebody from TGWTG (I think Lindsay Ellis) once mentioned signing a contract for it.

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!
http://redlettermedia.com/pre-rec-titan-fall/

I'm really enjoying these video's/reviews. it's a way better offshoot than what they previously tried with Gamestation.

"and now you've been shot in the faaaaaaaace" :allears:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Kind of surprised to see another one of those NC/Linkara/Spoony reviews pop up on TGWTG

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

FlamingLiberal posted:

Kind of surprised to see another one of those NC/Linkara/Spoony reviews pop up on TGWTG

Doug seems to have buried the hatchet, Spoony had another cameo in one of the Nic Cage reviews--and those three combining to review Alone in the Dark was definitely a highlight of the initial Critic episodes.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Doug seems to have buried the hatchet, Spoony had another cameo in one of the Nic Cage reviews--and those three combining to review Alone in the Dark was definitely a highlight of the initial Critic episodes.

I seem to remember a commentary by Doug somewhere where he basically implied that there wasn't a hatchet to bury - at least not with him, and Linkara never stopped working spoony references in.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The scene with Linkara as Madsen getting hurt in a bunch of ways without reacting was probably my favorite moment of the review.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Christ, I just started watching OL's Baywatching episodes and I can't breathe. How was this ever a show? I'm so happy.

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009

Ema Nymton posted:

So, I was at SGC 2014 this weekend, and although you probably don't care I'll tell you about it anyway, because "internet celebrities." v:geno:v

First of all, I don't really give a crap about ScrewAttack itself (or even really understand what it is) even though it's their con. I have zero involvement in its userbase. "G1"? WTF is that? Seriously, I don't even know.

If you have zero interest in the site or the folks involved in it, what brought you to SGC? Specific people involved you're a fan of, like Pat the NES Punk? I tend to only go to cons if I know there's enough there, be it the people, activities, or both, that warrant spending the whole day there.

As for Pat....does he look like he's always wearing eye shadow in person? In his videos he has perpetual raccoon eyes, to the point I wonder if it's makeup.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Ema Nymton posted:

Question: was the Fanservice Fiesta guy there?

If you need help, he would have been the dorky looking guy surrounded by anime titties.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

HopperUK posted:

Christ, I just started watching OL's Baywatching episodes and I can't breathe. How was this ever a show? I'm so happy.

Same here. I just finished, and really, it's Lupa's best. Though given how few fucks they seemed to give even in the first season, I'm eager to see what's next.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I'm eager to find out the context for the chimp, the greenscreen skydiving, and Little Richard. For some reason, those shots in the opening feel like the most 90's things ever. They're like something that should have happened on Family Matters or Full House.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

dijon du jour posted:

If you need help, he would have been the dorky looking guy surrounded by anime titties.
Didn't Blip kill his channel? Not sure if he had to actually get help yet or not.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

FlamingLiberal posted:

Didn't Blip kill his channel? Not sure if he had to actually get help yet or not.

Was it him or MovieBob that was pretty much crying on cam talking about the death of their channel?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Tracula posted:

Was it him or MovieBob that was pretty much crying on cam talking about the death of their channel?

Pretty sure it was him. Bob still has The Escapist.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

cubs2084 posted:

If you have zero interest in the site or the folks involved in it, what brought you to SGC? Specific people involved you're a fan of, like Pat the NES Punk? I tend to only go to cons if I know there's enough there, be it the people, activities, or both, that warrant spending the whole day there.

As for Pat....does he look like he's always wearing eye shadow in person? In his videos he has perpetual raccoon eyes, to the point I wonder if it's makeup.

It was the guests. Pat tweeted about SGC, so I looked at the guest list and figured it would be worth my time. And it totally was. :allears: SGC also has arcades and consoles on free play all the time, a vendor room (games and weaboo stuff). Lots of fun, and Dallas is a good city to visit.

And people joke that Pat wears eyeliner, but he doesn't. He just has long eyelashes, dark hair, and a tan, so it looks like he wears it. He's born with it. :bigtran:

dijon du jour posted:

Hmm, if it's this guy, he does look familiar... so many neckbeards look exactly like him. So I don't know. But there were some kids there too (I was surprised how many), and there wasn't a lot of explicit behavior beyond swearing.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Tracula posted:

Oh my god he did. :allears:

Dry your tears little otaku man. Little do you know how soon your dream of being on Screwattack will finally be fulfilled. (How did he get on Screwattack anyway? Did that site switch to a Youtube model where just anyone can create an account and upload videos when I wasn't looking?)

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

HopperUK posted:

Thanks man! It gets much, much better, hope you enjoy!

Keromaru5 posted:

I'm eager to find out the context for the chimp, the greenscreen skydiving, and Little Richard. For some reason, those shots in the opening feel like the most 90's things ever. They're like something that should have happened on Family Matters or Full House.

The Little Richard one is legit my favorite episode, so hilarious. Random music videos, street urchins, Richard Branson promoting Virgin Cola, the works.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Miss Wallace posted:

The Little Richard one is legit my favorite episode, so hilarious. Random music videos, street urchins, Richard Branson promoting Virgin Cola, the works.

That sounds magical :syoon:

Does 90s-era Branson have the trademark facial hair?

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Miss Wallace posted:

It was truly serendipity that this was the first episode you ever watched, and all because they cast Neil Dickson in the most forgettable role of the episode.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Oh wow. :syoon:, indeed.

At this point, I don't think I'd be surprised if there turned out to be an episode hocking Surge, or crossing over with Forever Knight.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

OrangeKing posted:

It was truly serendipity that this was the first episode you ever watched, and all because they cast Neil Dickson in the most forgettable role of the episode.

He did do that awesome out of sync clapping with the crowd though!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Miss Wallace posted:

Thanks man! It gets much, much better, hope you enjoy!
My only fear is that doing the recaps one episode at a time will have you burn out before we get to the really weird stuff.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
For my next trick, a look at a bizarre golden age comic about some lame gender-hybrid villain - Crimebuster meets He-She

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

Infamous Sphere posted:

For my next trick, a look at a bizarre golden age comic about some lame gender-hybrid villain - Crimebuster meets He-She

So He-She killed his-her wife, bricked her up in a wall, and was given away by a cat? That sounds oddly familiar.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
That...sounds like a much better story than Crimebuster meets He-She. At least the killer in that story was actually given a personality and motivation other than just "I'm evil and I'm a lame version of Belle Gunness.' It's a little bit like female characters whose being female is their sole character trait - but in this, being female and male (and evil) is He-She's sole character trait.

Boy, what a surprise - a Poe story has better writing than a comic with a painfully annoying audience surrogate kid detective in it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dear lord. I don't even need to watch the video. That thumbnail just says it all right there.

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009
Since no one actually linked to it... Nostalgia Critic, Linkara, Spoony, and Cinema Snob (passively) combine to review the glorious mess that is Bloodrayne

I like the NC character, especially since his post retirement, but man his cross overs are fun. Especially with multiple people to play off of. I especially liked the way they addressed the whole Spoony leaving the site mess. By poking fun at it, they told the audience "Hey, we're over it, you do the same". Brad's continuing insane little story within the video cracked me up more than anything. "I have a thirst for blood! Why is no one taking me seriously?!"

cubs2084 fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jul 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

cubs2084 posted:

Since no one actually linked to it... Nostalgia Critic, Linkara, Spoony, and Cinema Snob (passively) combine to review the glorious mess that is Bloodrayne

I like the NC character, especially since his post retirement, but man his cross overs are fun. Especially with multiple people to play off of. I especially liked the way they addressed the whole Spoony leaving the site mess. By poking fun at it, they told the audience "Hey, we're over it, you do the same". Brad's continuing insane little story within the video cracked me up more than anything. "I have a thirst for blood! Why is no one taking me seriously?!"
That link is wrong.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/44033-bloodrayne

• Locked thread