Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Schizotek posted:

Gotta ask for an invite again to the ps4 clan. Had some pubbie invite queued. Also is there an IRC?

PSN ID?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
"Schizo-tek".

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Am I just really lucky or does everyone get a full Hydroid set in 3 vay hek runs?

Also, any ps4 goons willing to trade their rifle/pistol equivalent for toxic barrage? I now have 4 toxic barrage and none of the others...

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

As someone who just pops into the thread once in a while to check up on Warframe and hasn't touched it since they changed the melee system up slightly, is adding a frame called Mirage which uses traps and trickery accomplishing something that wasn't already covered by Loki and Nyx?

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Cowcaster posted:

As someone who just pops into the thread once in a while to check up on Warframe and hasn't touched it since they changed the melee system up slightly, is adding a frame called Mirage which uses traps and trickery accomplishing something that wasn't already covered by Loki and Nyx?
That's supposedly just one skill and the others, again supposedly, are light based stuff.

Also PS4 goons, I still have a ton of Prime weapon/frame parts add me as a friend on PSN(BarkingSquirrel1) and hit me up.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Retro42 posted:

Am I just really lucky or does everyone get a full Hydroid set in 3 vay hek runs?

Really lucky. It took me 24 runs.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
It suddenly occurs to me that a light frame should also be a laser frame, with a power consisting of a giant fuckoff wallpenetrating beam that can be slowly aimed around.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

Answer unclear. Ask again later.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Do we have PvP pubbie-rolling team buildouts ready to go yet? I've got a formaed Nova and should have formaed my Vauban by now. Looks like Trinity, Nova, Nyx, Ember will be a wrecking crew and subbing in an Ash or Loki for recon in certain scenarios.

Fish Noise posted:

It suddenly occurs to me that a light frame should also be a laser frame, with a power consisting of a giant fuckoff wallpenetrating beam that can be slowly aimed around.
A channelled death beam would be a unique power in the game. Unfortunately, the Dragonball Z roleplaying possibilities would be endless. God help us all if they let Warframes have hairstyles.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Give us a Warframe that has this as it's ultimate and I'll play forever.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Pierson posted:

Give us a Warframe that has this as it's ultimate and I'll play forever.

No this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZWzf3h50LU&t=70s

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012
Update 14 Features Primer:

DE Adam posted:

Update 14 is just around the corner and with it comes...well, you know the deal by now. New ship, new UI, Kubrow, and the brand new quest system leaves a lot for players to jump into. We understand that dramatic changes can be a little disorienting at first, which is why we’ve broken down some of U14’s features into this far more simple primer. A few tips to make cruising the solar system in your brand new spaceship just a little bit smoother. Just watch out for any asteroids Tenno, the paint is still fresh.

For Existing Players:

Any players that have an existing Warframe account that is Mastery Rank 1 or greater will be presented with two options after logging in: Play the Prologue or Skip Prologue. Both options will allow players to enter the new features of Update 14, however for those who want to take part in the new player experience can do so without needing to start a brand new account. Any newly created account or players with an account that has Mastery Rank 0 will not be given the option to skip the Prologue.

The Prologue will treat players as though they’re brand new to Warframe, with a few exceptions. You’ll still have all of your current weapons, mods, ranks and Warframes available to your account immediately, however the Liset will not come equipped with any working modules. This means you will not have access to the Foundry, Market, Genetic Lab, Region Chat, or Genetic Foundry until you’ve unlocked them in game via the starting quests. Whatever you log in with is what you get.

There is no way to reverse the Prologue option once selected, so unless you are absolutely sure you would like to ‘earn’ each of these features back this story mode may not be the right choice for you.

If you simply want to jump into the game with all progression unlocked normally then Skip Prologue is the way to go. Although we may include the ability to revisit the starting quest in the future, currently if you skip the Prologue you will not be able to play the Prologue quest line.

Quick Access:

Walking around the ship from terminal to terminal is pretty self explanatory, but if you’re the kind of player that gets tired of aesthetic walking then simply hit the Escape key to open up the shortcut menu. From here you can access all of the usual features without needing to have your character literally in front of the required terminal.

You can also reach the quick access menu by selecting the icon in the top left hand corner of the screen when any menu is opened (ie: Codex, Solar Chart). The ‘+’ symbol next to your name functions as a shortcut to inviting friends to a party.

The Star Chart:

Planets now have all of their missions displayed in a ring around that players can navigate using the mouse or directional pad to individual select each mission. Any mission that has an alert, is part of an event, has optional Nightmare Mode or is owned by a particular clan will have an appropriate icon on that mission to make navigation a little easier.

Additionally, any planet that currently has an alert taking place will have an appropriate icon over it in the Star Chart, so reaching these more desirable limited-time missions will be quick and easy.

Void Keys and Derelict missions will only be revealed to players if they have the appropriate key, and additional missions will not open up unless the party leader has the prerequisite key to unlock the mission. In short, you won’t see any missions available that you don’t have a key for.

Party UI:

Adding players to a party, joining a party, and seeing what weapons everyone has equipped is now handled in the top left hand corner of the screen. It’s here that you’ll also be able to confirm entering a mission after you’ve selected the one you want, and all votes to ‘ready up’ for a mission will be displayed here as well.

Where Some New Features Are Located:

As you explore the Liset there are a few new features to the game that you’ll likely discover while playing, all of which are meant to make your time playing Warframe a little easier. Here’s just a short list of things to keep an eye out for whether you’re brand new to Warframe or a seasoned vet:

Alerts now appear over the Star Chart terminal in the Liset, above each planet within the Star Chart itself, and notification of alerts will be prompted in the bottom right hand corner of your screen as they become active.
The End of Mission screen has seen some visual adjustments that will be easy to spot, but you can also check your progress mid mission too! Simply hitting Escape followed by View Mission Progress will open up a display on what you’ve earned in the mission so far, as well as details on experience gained and mods acquired.
Keeping an eye out on any special icons above each planet will give you a good idea as to where alerts, invasions, events, and even quests take place.

How can you help?:

As you can probably see, the sheer scope of this Update has us excited, but we also consider Update 14 to be our most ambitious changes yet. We are calling on all Tenno to help us make this Update go smoothly by following the issue and feedback reporting threads we put up. We will have as many team members as possible standing by to help identify issues and fix up any unforeseen problems.

Pensive fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 18, 2014

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Are the Genetics Lab/Genetics Foundry things the stuff that was previously found in a clan dojo? Are they making that stuff available without joining a clan in update 14?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

Are the Genetics Lab/Genetics Foundry things the stuff that was previously found in a clan dojo? Are they making that stuff available without joining a clan in update 14?

Think that's Kubro gene splicing for maximum space puppy mill action

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Pensive posted:

Update 14 Features Primer:

That sounds like a pretty big change. I don't know about you guys, but I intend to go through the story mode - I'd like to see how well it's handled. The new UI sounds pretty good, but without seeing it in action, who knows?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Third time lucky.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

That sounds like a pretty big change. I don't know about you guys, but I intend to go through the story mode - I'd like to see how well it's handled. The new UI sounds pretty good, but without seeing it in action, who knows?

No gently caress that

"If you simply want to jump into the game with all progression unlocked normally then Skip Prologue is the way to go. You can still revisit the story missions in game however you’ll need to select them individually instead of being walked through step-by-step."

That way I can, you know, still use my foundry, but I can go check out the missions.

Bet the new UI is slower and more annoying than the current one because artists :v:

Supposedly you just tap esc and its all there, but if its tap escape, hit menu, hit specific station, it's already flatly worse than the current ui which has all the options instantly accessible via mouse.

edit: Holy poo poo, this used to be a thing!?

victrix fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 17, 2014

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Mods 1.0 was an incredible system that had almost Dragonball Z levels of power creep.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
So, was today just a release of what is suppose to be in 14 or I may have misunderstood plain English in the forums post but, it read like it was releasing today?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Pierson posted:

Mods 1.0 was an incredible system that had almost Dragonball Z levels of power creep.
Mods multiplying over each other was hilarious since you could slot multiple of the same mod. RIP having thousands of shield points.

victrix posted:

The best part is like 3/4ths of that tree would be locked out (as in you couldn't even get them even if you had the points) if you didn't have a potato in there. I've mentioned this in the thread before but you used to have to potato your frame to even get access to your ultimate ability.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Vendictus Prime posted:

So, was today just a release of what is suppose to be in 14 or I may have misunderstood plain English in the forums post but, it read like it was releasing today?

They've done this before, where "patch day" actually means the servers go down at around 09:00P then come back up after midnight.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Coldbird posted:

They've done this before, where "patch day" actually means the servers go down at around 09:00P then come back up after midnight.

Well, at least I'm also off tomorrow, just in case.

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012
An important change to the information I posted earlier:

quote:

If you simply want to jump into the game with all progression unlocked normally then Skip Prologue is the way to go. Although we may include the ability to revisit the starting quest in the future, currently if you skip the Prologue you will not be able to play the Prologue quest line.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

victrix posted:

Three words: One Shot Volt

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Shooting through 30 meters of wall/cover/enemies from a 600 round magazine,... those where the days.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Not pictured: 30000 shield capacity because the mods stacked multiplicatively. Also not pictured: bosses and normal enemies tearing through that much in about 3 seconds.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
834% multishot were the days, I tells ya.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Has there been any new information on the PW acquisition rumors or facts?? Would it be a good idea to not sink any real money into the game at the moment and see what happens with PW?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Fish Noise posted:

Three words: One Shot Volt

Best thing ever really. All maps were the corpus space ship tileset, and Volts ult would cause every light to explode in a radius that covered half the map and one shot everything but the boss.

Warkak
Dec 21, 2010

Cheesefoot-
Don't kink shame
Seems like they can't speak about any details so speculation is the best you'll get. Best case scenario I would guess is that its a means for them to release this in Asia with the usual F2P trappings they have over there.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I HAVE MODIFIED THE LOKI PENIS.

PRAY I DO NOT ALTER IT FURTHER.

Warkak
Dec 21, 2010

Cheesefoot-
Don't kink shame
This is just confirming the expected: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/261813-update-14-coming-thursday-pc/page-59#entry3062036

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

DelphiAegis posted:

I HAVE MODIFIED THE LOKI PENIS.

PRAY I DO NOT ALTER IT FURTHER.

If anyone wants to check how well-integrated Delphi made the taint, you're on your own.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
That's not phallic in the slightest.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Forum thread views died, but tomorrow is when it's happening (I have no idea if it's against etiquette to use image macros in threads anymore).

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
swing and a miss.

i'll catch this after some sleep.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Denzine posted:

swing and a miss.

i'll catch this after some sleep.
Honestly anyone who expected it prior to midnight was fooling themselves.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

12:45 AM PST and no update, but we do have the highlight video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdENZUz-ejg

Goon-highlight version: We have a disco ball power. :pcgaming:

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Sighence posted:

12:45 AM PST and no update, but we do have the highlight video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdENZUz-ejg

Goon-highlight version: We have a disco ball power. :pcgaming:
Your kubrow will drag butt! Sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Ya know it just occurred to me, on the PS4 at least, we haven't gotten the Gift From the Lotus potatos in a long time. I only noticed this when I finally ran out of catalysts.

I can't wait til we get 14 on the PS4. Then I can finally raise an actual puppy so I can stop calling a robot Mr. Bigglesworth.