Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

WickedHate posted:

Earth has always had fire and humans haven't exactly evolved a defense against it.

We also haven't evolved telepathy and shape-shifting. I haven't, at least. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

prefect posted:

We also haven't evolved telepathy and shape-shifting. I haven't, at least. :smith:

You haven't? Haha, I remember reading about you!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Calaveron posted:

Wasn't it also a thing that fire made martians want to get mad rutty?

http://youtu.be/WsrylO_by2k?t=58s ?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Miurata updated the latest chapter of One Punch Man with more pages. In Japanese, but you don't need words to see the bad rear end.

http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/47/

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Say Nothing posted:

Miurata updated the latest chapter of One Punch Man with more pages. In Japanese, but you don't need words to see the bad rear end.

http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/47/

English Version

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
That entire fight is incredible, but this would be my standout panel. I love a fight that's visible from space.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
So I've just read One Punch Man from front to back. How the gently caress have I not heard of it until this thread?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tracula posted:

So I've just read One Punch Man from front to back. How the gently caress have I not heard of it until this thread?

I think you're supposed to read it the other way :/

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

zoux posted:

I think you're supposed to read it the other way :/

Oh no don't start this up again

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Earth 2 #25: Hawkgirl just saved Flash from Beguiler (an evil New God from Apokolips who had Flash captive and was torturing him) but eventually gets caught by Beguiler's army...

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
One Punch Man is actively one of the most entertaining things I think I have ever read, The art is stunning and the comedy is just bluntly, perfectly, Hilarious. Read "One Punch Man"! Most pages are worthy of some mention in any panel/image thread so just everyone read that poo poo.

Edit- ^^^^^ Well I've always enjoyed the Speed Force.

TGG fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 17, 2014

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Earth 2 #25: Hawkgirl just saved Flash from Beguiler (an evil New God from Apokolips who had Flash captive and was torturing him) but eventually gets caught by Beguiler's army...

Just doesn't have the same ring to it as Imperius Rex.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TwoPair posted:

You know this was coming.
The Ultimates #12, Quicksilver vs. Hurricane.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Ms. Marvel 6.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Matlock posted:

Ms. Marvel 6.

At first I thought the Hulk-Hands were an art error, but since they shrink back down again I guess it's a mutant power?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Matlock posted:

Ms. Marvel 6.

She's a stretchy shapeshifter. Read Ms Marvel, it's great!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kramjacks posted:

At first I thought the Hulk-Hands were an art error, but since they shrink back down again I guess it's a mutant power?

Technically it's an inhuman power, she's a shape-shifter with odd limitations.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The most shocking thing about Ms. Marvel #6 is how loving good the art is for a fill-in artist.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That's a fill-in? Wow. Impressive stuff.

That page is a lot better than the whole "doge meme" panel. I don't care that she's a dorky teenager it's not fun to read.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

The Ms. Marvel fill-in is by Jake Wyatt. He's had pages from his upcoming (this year maybe?) comic Necropolis floating around which has made an appearance either in this thread or the previous.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Superstring posted:

The Ms. Marvel fill-in is by Jake Wyatt. He's had pages from his upcoming (this year maybe?) comic Necropolis floating around which has made an appearance either in this thread or the previous.

Oh snap, it's that guy? Those Necropolis pages (?) were great, and I had since forgotten all about it.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Matlock posted:

Ms. Marvel 6.

The face in that last panel make me want this artist on full-time over Alphona. It's just too perfect.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Superstring posted:

I didn't know it was the Necropolis guy! Ms. Marvel keeps getting better and better.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

redbackground posted:

Oh snap, it's that guy? Those Necropolis pages (?) were great, and I had since forgotten all about it.

Yep, check out his blog for more kickin-rad art and maybe eventually news for when Necropolis will up in a more completed form.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Jake Wyatt did one issue from last years X-Men/Spider-Man crossover (Indestructible Hulk Special), it was good too!

Marvel is killing it with fill-in artists: Panosian on Thor, Wimberly on She-Hulk, Milonogiannis on Ultimates etc

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

That page is a lot better than the whole "doge meme" panel. I don't care that she's a dorky teenager it's not fun to read.

Whatever dude. Have fun missing out on a great book cause you can't handle a meme.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

mind the walrus posted:

It's literally one panel, and Ms. Marvel is an amazing book.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

OldTennisCourt posted:

It's literally one panel, and Ms. Marvel is an amazing book.

Yeah but its a really dumb panel that people are way to over defensive about.

Hell he doesn't even say he won't read it because of it. But people got to be big ol babies.

Senor Candle posted:

Whatever dude. Have fun missing out on a great book cause you can't handle a meme.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Thanks CharlestheHammer, you pretty much made my point for me.

Superstring posted:

Ooh, pretty.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Given that this thread is basically the poo poo I look for in comics, and I absolutely loved the Thor, God of Thunder series -- Could anybody provide me with some suggestions? I've been thinking about picking up Marvel Unlimited and just going on a nonstop spree for a month reading a shitload of comics. I tend to really like x-men and avengers stuff, and I've read very few comics overall. I really liked the look of the Hickman Avengers stuff that was posted a few pages back.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Burginator posted:

Given that this thread is basically the poo poo I look for in comics, and I absolutely loved the Thor, God of Thunder series -- Could anybody provide me with some suggestions? I've been thinking about picking up Marvel Unlimited and just going on a nonstop spree for a month reading a shitload of comics. I tend to really like x-men and avengers stuff, and I've read very few comics overall. I really liked the look of the Hickman Avengers stuff that was posted a few pages back.

Walt Simonson's run on Thor is pretty bad rear end, in fact part of it is on the very first page of this thread.

Hickman's Fantastic Four and FF are pretty awesome too.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

fatherboxx posted:

Jake Wyatt did one issue from last years X-Men/Spider-Man crossover (Indestructible Hulk Special), it was good too!

He's also illustrating the Gerard Way issue of Edge of Spider-Verse later this year.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

redbackground posted:

I adore that costume, you should crosspost it in the Costume thread. I think it's the big red bow that ties it together.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.

Today I basically read all of One Punch Man instead of working all day. No regrets.

Ugenesis
May 1, 2003

choobs posted:

Today I basically read all of One Punch Man instead of working all day. No regrets.

Yeah I did the same thing. Amazing!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Burginator posted:

That's funny, I read Thor GoT because of all the panels posted in this thread. If you haven't read comics and are getting Unlimited, Planet Hulk is covered in badass moments. Annihilation has a lot of great stuff too.

e: also Whedon's Astonishing X-men. I know these aren't really deep cuts but for someone new to comics it's accessible with great art and writing (and it's my favorite comics run of all time)

People poo poo on Whedon's "strong female characters" as being superficial but Kitty in AXM is loving fantastic.

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jul 18, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I think it's from earlier in this thread or the good/bad art one but does anyone have the gifs from One Punch Man of the fight scenes that are so drawn so sequentially well that they basically animate?

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Tracula posted:

I think it's from earlier in this thread or the good/bad art one but does anyone have the gifs from One Punch Man of the fight scenes that are so drawn so sequentially well that they basically animate?

lmgtfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.

Tracula posted:

http://i.imgur.com/hTi9wq2.gif
http://i.imgur.com/7iGpkI0.gif
http://media.giphy.com/media/pnICfsTBudeda/giphy.gif
http://31.media.tumblr.com/8ad9bc10d81c3f9412179c0ba9160a5f/tumblr_n1wxnnM9FL1rhvp4vo1_400.gif

Those are some. I wish the last one was slower and bigger...