Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nvining
May 30, 2011

tunnels through walls with its odd, rubbery nasal appliance

1stGear posted:

What kind of reports are you primarily interested in right now, nvining? Just bug reports or stuff like overall design criticisms?

Everything and anything, really, but the best place for all of this is our forums. Something Awful is best served by posting Wacky Fishman Death Stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

nvining posted:

Everything and anything, really, but the best place for all of this is our forums. Something Awful is best served by posting Wacky Fishman Death Stories.

So is the NDA officially banished to the land of wind and ghosts?

nvining
May 30, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

So is the NDA officially banished to the land of wind and ghosts?

See the commentary in the Seekrit Testing Forum. You can basically talk about the game now! But don't talk about WHAT CAME BEFORE.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

nvining posted:

A bunch of people taking stuff to a stockpile politely stood in a queue while a fishman pummeled them to death. The soldier who eventually shot the fishman to death celebrated by eating an entire raw dodo over the pile of bodies.

Working As Intended.

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
Mine won't even start, from either Steam or directly from the folder. No error message or anything.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

nvining posted:

See the commentary in the Seekrit Testing Forum. You can basically talk about the game now! But don't talk about WHAT CAME BEFORE.

Cool cool. Also I've been slacking on the Queen's Testing Responsibilities, apologies to Her Royal Majesty.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

nvining posted:

But don't talk about WHAT CAME BEFORE.
What came before? :ohdear: Are you hiding something?! Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it! What unspeakable horrors could be worth such silence!

Aaanyways, I'm eagerly awaiting opinions on just how things are currently. I'm really on the fence of diving in now or waiting until the official Steam EA. $30 is just high enough to give me pause plus I worry it'd be something where I'd play a bunch early on, get burned out and possibly never play it again despite being unfinished.

nvining
May 30, 2011

meatbag posted:

Mine won't even start, from either Steam or directly from the folder. No error message or anything.

That's... odd. What's your CPU and video card, and do you have the latest drivers posted? Also, did the game generate anything in your Documents\Gaslamp Games\Clockwork Empires folder - and, if so, can you mail it to us at contact@gaslampgames.com? Thanks!

(Filed in bugtracker as OC-1603.)

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Bug forum is here, btw: https://community.gaslampgames.com/forums/bugs.39/

We should also have a form you can fill out to report bugs if you don't want to register, but it's not up yet.

meatbag posted:

Are you on Mac or Linux? people got those builds somehow even though they were turned off. We don't have stable builds for those yet.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
OC-1117
If someone dies while gossiping, the other gossiper may end up waiting forever to continue the conversation with the dead person.

:allears:

Any chance of the dead lingering in any way?

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry

nvining posted:

That's... odd. What's your CPU and video card, and do you have the latest drivers posted? Also, did the game generate anything in your Documents\Gaslamp Games\Clockwork Empires folder - and, if so, can you mail it to us at contact@gaslampgames.com? Thanks!

(Filed in bugtracker as OC-1603.)

Daynab posted:

Bug forum is here, btw: https://community.gaslampgames.com/forums/bugs.39/

We should also have a form you can fill out to report bugs if you don't want to register, but it's not up yet.

Are you on Mac or Linux? people got those builds somehow even though they were turned off. We don't have stable builds for those yet.

GTX 560 Ti
Intel i5 2,67 GHZ

Drivers up to date, nothing generated. I'll watch the bug forums from now on.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Eonwe posted:

OC-1117
If someone dies while gossiping, the other gossiper may end up waiting forever to continue the conversation with the dead person.

It's funny how many bugs in this game sound ominous and in tune with the setting. I can't post the actual old ones due to NDA, but we got stuff along the lines of "OH GOD NO ONE HAS A FACE" or "CORPSES' BODIES DISAPPEAR BUT THE HEAD IS STILL THERE AND IT'S EXPRESSING SADNESS"

Anyone first starting out should check out the quickstart guide to avoiding starvation that dbaumgart just posted: https://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/clockwork-empires-alpha-quickstart-starvation-avoidance-guide.8474/

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 18, 2014

nvining
May 30, 2011

meatbag posted:

GTX 560 Ti
Intel i5 2,67 GHZ

Drivers up to date, nothing generated. I'll watch the bug forums from now on.

That should be fine. The only thing I can think of is that maybe your download was corrupted somehow, thanks to some kind of Steam excitement?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Has Mastercog been updated to the new version? I want to play Fishperson Enclave.

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry

nvining posted:

That should be fine. The only thing I can think of is that maybe your download was corrupted somehow, thanks to some kind of Steam excitement?

Tried re-downloading three times, no dice.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

A poor colonist that starved to death fell over near others and was immediately butchered for food :geno:

nvining
May 30, 2011

meatbag posted:

Tried re-downloading three times, no dice.

Stranger and stranger. What operating system? Do you have the latest service patches? Do you have any strange permissions set up, so that it can't write things, or instantly crashes? (Or any sort of weird soundcard?)

EDIT: okay, two folks on our forums have the same problem.

nvining fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 18, 2014

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
Does the mechanical distributor do anything?

nvining
May 30, 2011

Smoremaster posted:

Does the mechanical distributor do anything?

No, it just looks pretty. Eventually it will send Dynamics to the Power Saw, so that the Power Saw will actually work, but this isn't in yet.

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry

nvining posted:

Stranger and stranger. What operating system? Do you have the latest service patches? Do you have any strange permissions set up, so that it can't write things, or instantly crashes? (Or any sort of weird soundcard?)

Updated Win7, no special soundcard, tried running it as admin, nothing.

I'll stop cluttering the thread and just wait for the next patch :)

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
How do you farm for cabbages? I was promised cabbages. Also blood, but that was from Those Who Are Beyond Our Understanding, not you.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Sky Shadowing posted:

How do you farm for cabbages? I was promised cabbages. Also blood, but that was from Those Who Are Beyond Our Understanding, not you.

zone farm, click on farm, select cabbages

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Just paid for this and got to the humble page to get my key, only for it to just say that it had been redeemed and will be available to download when ready. I've already raised a ticket with humble, just wondering if it's the same for anyone else.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Overminty posted:

Just paid for this and got to the humble page to get my key, only for it to just say that it had been redeemed and will be available to download when ready. I've already raised a ticket with humble, just wondering if it's the same for anyone else.
Unless I'm misunderstanding your post that's how it works now (HB no longer gives keys) the game is sent directly to your linked Steam account.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I'm so annoyed that I don't have internet or money right now, since I'm unemployed I could have the grandest cabbage farm to use to grow fish people food...

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 18, 2014

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Darkhold posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding your post that's how it works now (HB no longer gives keys) the game is sent directly to your linked Steam account.

Fair enough, it's been a while since I've used hb. I have restarted steam since then and not seen anything downloading though. I'll give it another shot.

e: Well I'm an idiot, nvm :downs:

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Eonwe posted:

OC-1117

OC-1596
Dead people can be promoted.

They stand back up and can have workers assigned to their new workcrew but they don't move or respond to anything.

Also there is no corpse disposal other than cannibalism so they do linger in that sense...

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Played for around an hour, this mining gather icon at the bottom of the screen stayed with me for the entire game and in the same spot regardless of camera movement.

I also had 2 workshops trying to make planks but I had zero wood. I don't know if I was just doing things wrong, but when looking at the Jobs section it seemed to be flashing the planks order at the bottom and for some reason all other gather jobs wouldn't go until I canceled the planks orders. Things started rolling again after that.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Carver posted:

Played for around an hour, this mining gather icon at the bottom of the screen stayed with me for the entire game and in the same spot regardless of camera movement.

I also had 2 workshops trying to make planks but I had zero wood. I don't know if I was just doing things wrong, but when looking at the Jobs section it seemed to be flashing the planks order at the bottom and for some reason all other gather jobs wouldn't go until I canceled the planks orders. Things started rolling again after that.
An Overseer would need to take control of the carpentry workshop to produce planks. You'll also want to click on the workshop and bring up the work orders menu to tell them to make planks. A short-term solution is manually clicking on logs to make them into planks, and currently exists to avoid chicken and egg problems.

The floating icons of doom is a known issue, thought it got ironed out but with all the fires lately it's hard to recall.

e: I took the time to actually read your post and you'll want people to cut down trees. Click on the trees to get that job pushed, it'll select trees nearby for cutting so you don't need to do it tree-by-tree.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

The bug reporting form for those who don't want to register to our forums is here, btw:
http://portal.clockworkempires.com/#support

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hello Sailor posted:

Has Mastercog been updated to the new version? I want to play Fishperson Enclave.

:golfclap:

I'm a little sad that I don't have the money to get in on this currently, but that only means I'll be getting it in a more polished form later.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Hey nvining, I found inspiration for your first DLC/Sequel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Door_to_Hell

It's a massive hole in the ground that has actually been on fire for at least a couple decades.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Oh dear I have no idea what I'm doing so far, also all of my colonists are eating each other because no one wants to work in The Tasteful Kitchen.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Overwined posted:

It's a massive hole in the ground that has actually been on fire for at least a couple decades.

Sounds like the Centralia fires

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

Overwined posted:

This reminds me of Centralia, Pennsylvania, though instead of the gaping maw to hell it's underground and barely noticeable, which is pretty spooky. There's been an underground mine fire there since 1962, and people lived in the town until the late 1970s when a kid almost died by falling into a pit over 100 feet deep that opened under his feet. Now the town has been mostly demolished and the roads leading to it have been blocked off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia,_Pennsylvania

edit: gently caress, beaten

nvining
May 30, 2011

meatbag posted:

Updated Win7, no special soundcard, tried running it as admin, nothing.

I'll stop cluttering the thread and just wait for the next patch :)

I think we're tracking it down. Do you use your computer in a language other than English?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"In 1979, locals became aware of the scale of the problem when a gas-station owner and then mayor, John Coddington, inserted a dipstick into one of his underground tanks to check the fuel level. When he withdrew it, it seemed hot, so he lowered a thermometer down on a string and was shocked to discover that the temperature of the gasoline in the tank was 172 °F (77.8 °C)."

I'm pretty sure that "terrified" would be a better word for that situation :stonklol:

epmode
Feb 11, 2008

Nvining, do you have any intention of addressing UI scaling for high resolution screens? Perhaps a double-sized UI or a UI scale slider? The icon sizes are pretty good but the font is not easy to read at 2560x1600.

Regardless of any future changes, the current UI scale is actually a big improvement over Dungeons of Dredmor (where I had to drop to 1280x800 or it was basically unplayable) so thank you for that!

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Shot a person, promoted her after the fact, she got up and started eating another body. I think everything is in order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nvining
May 30, 2011

omeg posted:

Shot a person, promoted her after the fact, she got up and started eating another body. I think everything is in order.

... :toot:?

Doing a blog post in a bit with a State of the Empire. Glad everybody's been having a good time so far.

• Locked thread