Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

raditts posted:

I think she's okay with life in general. I want her to come and cook and giggle for me.

Too bad she's engaged. But I would totally ask her out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Scott's in! :woop:

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Kind of a crapshoot between Melanie and Jason, but I'm betting Mel.

EDIT: Well I lost that bet.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

The worst twist

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

liltimshady posted:

Scott's in! :woop:

#2 gonna be Melanie.
edit: Or not! Guess they weren't setting a guy vs. girl finale after all.

Sticky Keys Man
Oct 24, 2007
Just my package...
Sausagefest finale

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Jason is the other. :tviv:

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Huh, I figured Mel/Rochelle when black jacket time came around. Ah well.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Oh, so Miss "I put loving raw flour in mashed potatoes" gets to keep her jacket, gently caress you.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

If Jason wins I am forsaking Gordon Ramsey forever :toxx:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Kinda makes for a anticlimactic finale because I think we'd all bet our life savings that Jason is not winning this.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Well, at least I was half right in calling the finale. This show is total bullshit if Scott doesn't win, but even as it is I don't really give that much of a poo poo about this finale now.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Actually pretty surprised about Jason making the final, but they're playing up the fact that he's consistent, despite being a loudmouth meathead goofball. Which I guess is true and fair enough.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
I actually hope that Scott wins. He's been through a whole lot of crap being nominated just because.

raditts posted:

Oh, so Miss "I put loving raw flour in mashed potatoes" gets to keep her jacket, gently caress you.

Third place gets to keep their jacket.

loving Raging Egotistical Thunder oval office E.... got to keep hers in The Worst Season Ever.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

raditts posted:

My attention drifted after the second commercial break so I tuned out. That's really the greatest flaw of HK: by the time you get to the last two or three episodes, it's either a foregone conclusion or the people remaining aren't the slightest bit interesting - typically both.

liltimshady posted:

I actually hope that Scott wins. He's been through a whole lot of crap being nominated just because.

loving Raging Egotistical Thunder oval office E.... got to keep hers in The Worst Season Ever.

Elise made that season the most entertaining one to livewatch. The hatred she inspired was palpable, yet most goons would bang her in a heartbeat given the chance. That's just a dichotomy one doesn't see very often.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 18, 2014

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

liltimshady posted:

Melanie didn't deserve to be third place, either.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Let's be honest, if you survive to black jackets or right before, it means you weren't totally incompetent. How you perform in those few short weeks determines your place in the final, and a huge chunk of that is how you perform on the line.

I might even go so far as to say that the competition at this point is essentially surviving until black jackets (simply by not being the obvious weakest in any given service,) then not being the worst until the pass episode, and then doing the absolute best you can at running it. Just survive until you get to run the pass, run it well, and you're set.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

OmegaBR posted:

Let's be honest, if you survive to black jackets or right before, it means you weren't totally incompetent. How you perform in those few short weeks determines your place in the final, and a huge chunk of that is how you perform on the line.

I might even go so far as to say that the competition at this point is essentially surviving until black jackets (simply by not being the obvious weakest in any given service,) then not being the worst until the pass episode, and then doing the absolute best you can at running it. Just survive until you get to run the pass, run it well, and you're set.

If the first part is the case, explain Gabe. He should've been gone long before he was kicked out.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

liltimshady posted:

If the first part is the case, explain Gabe. He should've been gone long before he was kicked out.

I'd argue he wasn't the worst until the service was kicked out in, when he became completely incompetent with his math and his general confusion.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Who was the guy that threw monkey wrenches into a service by saying things like "16+1" instead of "17?" He even stuck with it when Ramsay corrected him. That was just bizarre.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

Ghostpilot posted:

Who was the guy that threw monkey wrenches into a service by saying things like "16+1" instead of "17?" He even stuck with it when Ramsay corrected him. That was just bizarre.

The Amazingly Insufferable Royce.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

If Rochelle didn't get to keep her black jacket, there was no way Melanie should have been allowed to.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Well I totally beefed the finale call. It's got to be Scott, which is pretty hilarious tbh

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Nice to see Michael Voltaggio. That's one more Top Chef alumni cameo for HK.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Ghostpilot posted:

Elise made that season the most entertaining one to livewatch. The hatred she inspired was palpable, yet most goons would bang her in a heartbeat given the chance. That's just a dichotomy one doesn't see very often.

She was an utterly terrible person but she was also gorgeous, it's not that difficult to figure out.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

raditts posted:

She was an utterly terrible person but she was also gorgeous, it's not that difficult to figure out.

Didn't she also have her own name tattooed on her chest or shoulder?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

subroc posted:

Nice to see Michael Voltaggio. That's one more Top Chef alumni cameo for HK.

I was more excited about this than anything else in the episode.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Oh hey, Bev and Chris are coming back for the HK final. That means that two people from the top 12 don't show up. My money's on Joy and Gabriel.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Holy poo poo, I'm actually gonna spoiler this from the preview but (major winner spoiler) Jason wins?? I slowed it down when they showed the countdown and it seems like we see his door opening for a micro-second :psypop:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Twee as gently caress posted:

Holy poo poo, I'm actually gonna spoiler this from the preview but (major winner spoiler) Jason wins?? I slowed it down when they showed the countdown and it seems like we see his door opening for a micro-second :psypop:

Every season people think they saw one of the doors opening in the preview but it usually doesn't mean anything. The extreme close-ups of the door knob makes it really hard to figure out which door it is, and easy for an editor to fool you.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And both handles turn so that doesn't help. Here's hoping its a double win again!

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
One seemed to turn way more than the other, and start moving but yeah it could just be editing trying to mess with us.

Either way I wish I could go back in time to the season where Jason left after his panic attack or whatever and tell the thread that in a few years he'd be in this season's finale

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Zero Star posted:

Oh hey, Bev and Chris are coming back for the HK final. That means that two people from the top 12 don't show up. My money's on Joy and Gabriel.

Joy obviously won't be there. Gabriel's destructively incompetent so he'll show up for sure.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Joy obviously won't be there. Gabriel's destructively incompetent so he'll show up for sure.
I imagine that Gabriel and Ralph being on the same team would lead to some fireworks

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Didn't see a 2 man finale.

Rochelle marry me and not whatever jerks you are actually engaged to.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Well, flipping around the channels just now, and found what Chef Scott has been up to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J8zl0QAR2I

Smiling looks so painful for him.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

belt posted:

Didn't see a 2 man finale.

Rochelle marry me and not whatever jerks you are actually engaged to.

Nuh uh she's marrying me.

I am prepared to duel to the death sir.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I really kinda wanted Rochelle to win this. I am disappoint.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Well, flipping around the channels just now, and found what Chef Scott has been up to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J8zl0QAR2I

Smiling looks so painful for him.
No kidding. That's the smile that a crocodile gives to a chicken, right before snapping it up in one bite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Looks like Hotel Hell is starting tonight at 9, Masterchef on at 8?