Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Opopanax posted:

We have me, Ard and FV here. Scum will want to RB me tonight, then kill one of the three. But if two of us survive we will gain info. FV will either catch or clear someone, or Ard will. If FV is scum we'll know soon enough and should still have time to deal with it later. I don't want to kill FV today

Fair point.

GZ, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I guess. I'd still feel a lot better going for the 3P though. Capps you'd better not stab us in the back or I will put you on my eternal grudge list.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Capps if you wrong us Opop and I will team and perform a whacky team attack.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

CCKeane posted:

Fair point.

GZ, then?

If Capps is telling the truth (which I don't believe, but you seem to) then he will leave the game tonight, so we will only have 4 players left tomorrow and scum win.

I think Capps is scum, but even if you don't, I can't see how we can win by letting him live.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

If Capps is telling the truth (which I don't believe, but you seem to) then he will leave the game tonight, so we will only have 4 players left tomorrow and scum win.

I think Capps is scum, but even if you don't, I can't see how we can win by letting him live.

Well we can kill scum.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the fact fv thinks scum will win no matter what despite, you know the possibility of killing scum, should tell you hey fv is probably scum

but i guess we are switching to gz

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh and the fact that i could be telling the truth but i have no idea how many points i have

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i mean honestly i only probably have one point i think

do you guys think keane was visited much n1 by others, im not sure

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

mr.capps posted:

oh and the fact that i could be telling the truth but i have no idea how many points i have

We know you have 2.

You visited Keane N1 and Opop says he did too
You visited Ard N3 and we know the scum roleblocker did too.

You can't have 3 or you would be gone already (or, you know, you're scum)

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mr.capps posted:

This info is apparently important to your win con but you aren't even paying attention when people confirm it in thread. Probably because you made it up so you don't really care.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

fiery_valkyrie posted:

We know you have 2.

You visited Keane N1 and Opop says he did too
You visited Ard N3 and we know the scum roleblocker did too.

oh i didn't saw that opop said that

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You can't have 3 or you would be gone already (or, you know, you're scum)

this was entirely pointless and added nothing here, you are pushing a nonexistent advantage

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Capps I want a gentleman's agreement here that if you are scum you will give up your scum buddy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CCKeane posted:

Capps I want a gentleman's agreement here that if you are scum you will give up your scum buddy.

im 3rd party but i accept this deal
*internet handshake*

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

*internet handshake*

I accept these terms as the Divine Ruler of Mafia.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Witness!

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This info is apparently important to your win con but you aren't even paying attention when people confirm it in thread. Probably because you made it up so you don't really care.
Agreed. I think he also seemed abnormally accepting of losing when he originally revealed his role, which makes more sense if he was Scum trying to play it cool. I would have expected an actual 3rd Party to begin bargaining immediately and aggressively.

CCKeane posted:

I'm curious how exactly he will pay up on this deal.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Obviously you are not a gentleman, Ardulac, or else you would understand immediately.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

CCKeane posted:

Obviously you are not a gentleman, Ardulac, or else you would understand immediately.
I've played all but one of the Layton games, I think that qualifies me :colbert:.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ardulac posted:

I've played all but one of the Layton games, I think that qualifies me :colbert:.

Qualifies you to wear a silly hat, perhaps.

But you are NO GENTLEMAN.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

fiery_valkyrie (2): mr.capps, greatZebu, mr.capps, mr.capps
mr.capps (2): Opopanax, fiery_valkyrie
greatZebu (0): mr.capps, CCKeane, CCKeane, mr.capps

Not Voting (3): Ardulac, CCKeane, Tremendous Taste

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 19th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 17 hours, 19 minutes.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I've been thinking about the N3 claimed actions, and this is where I am at

Capps visited Ard
FV tracked TT
Ard was roleblocked
Opop doc'd himself
Keane did nothing
Zebu did nothing
TT did nothing

We have an unaccounted for kill and an unaccounted for roleblock.

I believe Ard, Opop, TT (and myself obviously). Given my N1 result I'm ruling out a Capps/Keane scum team.

Therefore I think the scum team is Capps/Zebu or Keane/Zebu. So it makes the most sense for me today to vote Zebu.

##vote greatZebu

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I think the game is solvable at this point.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Let's no vote.

Capps can visit Opop during the night, and get his final ticket out of here.
Opop can protect Ard.
FV can track Great Zebu.
Ard can investigate FV.

If scum block Opop and kill Ard, Capps will leave and we will be left with Myself, FV, TT, Opop, GreatZebu, two of which will be scum, and making, at the least, FV's logic incorrect.
If scum block and kill Opop, Ard can investigate FV who does seem to have a tracking ability, and we can go from there.
If scum kill FV in any variant, we know her alignment and can use her investigations accordingly.
If scum block Ard and kill Opop, we're left with the same situation as the first case, except with Ard replacing Opop.
If scum block FV and kill Opop, we can use Ard's investigation of FV and go from there.

If scum kill some scrub like myself, well good job scum now the build is FV,TT, Opop, GreatZebu, Ard and you're hosed.

hosed I SAY.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Actually Capps, if you can visit Ard that might be better.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ta-da! Divine Ruler of Mafia!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Oh, and obviously, if Capps gets blocked then we have both Ard's and FV's investigations to go off of, so no trying something sneaky there, scum, we'll still get you.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

CCKeane posted:

Let's no vote.

Capps can visit Opop during the night, and get his final ticket out of here.
Opop can protect Ard.
FV can track Great Zebu.
Ard can investigate FV.

If scum block Opop and kill Ard, Capps will leave and we will be left with Myself, FV, TT, Opop, GreatZebu, two of which will be scum, and making, at the least, FV's logic incorrect.
If scum block and kill Opop, Ard can investigate FV who does seem to have a tracking ability, and we can go from there.
If scum kill FV in any variant, we know her alignment and can use her investigations accordingly.
If scum block Ard and kill Opop, we're left with the same situation as the first case, except with Ard replacing Opop.
If scum block FV and kill Opop, we can use Ard's investigation of FV and go from there.

If scum kill some scrub like myself, well good job scum now the build is FV,TT, Opop, GreatZebu, Ard and you're hosed.

hosed I SAY.

CCKeane posted:

Oh, and obviously, if Capps gets blocked then we have both Ard's and FV's investigations to go off of, so no trying something sneaky there, scum, we'll still get you.
The worst case I'm seeing right now is Scum block Capps and kill f_v. That's bad enough that I'm not willing to go along with the plan intentionally. If for some reason we're unable to agree on a lynch, then it's a passable backup plan since the only real out Scum have won't exist if f_v happens to be among them so it is better than lynching f_v if nothing else.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Why would scum kill Capps? It would be totally counter productive to them

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Who suggested that they would?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I meant block.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Opopanax posted:

I meant block.
To leave him as a lynch target since he would also still be in the game if he was lying about his role.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

To be more clear, tomorrow will by MYLO if we no lynch. If they leave Capps alive and we no lynch again, then they kill someone else and get him to leave the game and we lose. So we would have 2 people that I pretty much consider cleared (myself and Opop) and 4 possible lynch targets. If we choose wrong the first time we lose. If we choose right, then we pretty much win since you can protect me and I can check one of the other two, so they either kill you to create WIFOM or let me solve the game with my results.

Here's the biggest problem with Keane's plan though: it gets us NOTHING compared to just lynching Capps. They aren't going to kill him, so he'll either leave the game as planned or create some sort of complex situation. Alternatively, we just lynch Capps today and follow the rest of the plan with Scum having that option removed and no other change.

Also, I think Capps is lying. ##Vote Capps

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I tried so hard, but that is the part

in the end, that doesn't even matter

matter

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Oh, and just out of curiosity, could everyone who is around please confirm their presence and give their flavor name. Thanks.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I already did it...35 posts ago

Opopanax posted:

Confirmed

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

mr.capps posted:

no but seriously don't kill me i think i only have to give out one more of these condoms and if fv just publicly announces who she is tracking then i'll exit the game
2 days later...

mr.capps posted:

What is this?

Also, it seems odd in the first post that Capps specifies f_v announcing her target instead of Opop or I. It makes a lot of sense though if you think of him as Scum who was planning to have his team block Opop and kill me. Of course he wants to know where f_v is going then.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

fiery_valkyrie (2): mr.capps, greatZebu, mr.capps, mr.capps
mr.capps (2): Opopanax, fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie, Ardulac
greatZebu (1): mr.capps, CCKeane, CCKeane, mr.capps, fiery_valkyrie

Not Voting (2): CCKeane, Tremendous Taste

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 19th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 42 minutes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ardulac posted:

2 days later...

What is this?

uhh reasoning

like i hope i have 2 points but logically i probably actually only have one

like this is pretty straight forward

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

I am Shane Oman, Vanilla Town. I agree that killing capps is strictly better than killing no one (for town, anyway). I wouldn't consider killing anyone other than capps or fv because if we kill town and capps isn't lying, we just lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Counter point: Capps is a cool dude and I don't want to screw him over. :

• Locked thread