Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
So what exactly does effect accuracy do? Does it increase the chance that your effect will proc, say if it says 50%, you get +20%, it's at 70% now? Or does it reduce the chance of enemy resisting it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I'm still having to reinstall the game every time I want to play, but I'm having enough fun that I don't mind.

I'm getting my rear end handed to me in the arena though. I don't even have any 4*s and everyone it matches me up with is way more levelled than me

Peken
Mar 6, 2006
Been playing this for a bit, in as Doarkee.

To answer a question from the previous page - exp earned in the regular zones is spread among your monsters only. Using example numbers, if you borrow a friend's monster, the 1200exp will be divided among your 3 monsters (400xp each), whereas if all 4 are from your team, then everyone gets 300xp even if you have max level monsters present (So borrow a friends' overpowered monsters to powerlevel some of yours through their early levels).

I have a similar connection issue as a previous poster where if I connect while on my work wifi the game itself loads fine, but the chat doesn't connect and then everything grinds to a very slow crawl. Almost as if the game server goes through one port (which is open) and the chatting goes through another (which is blocked). I'm curious if they added a setting to not auto-join chat if that would fix this issue?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Tsurupettan posted:

e2: Water howl's single target heal cleanses debuffs first and then heals so you can heal through those heal-disrupting debuffs.

Thanks for this, my Faerie is now permanently riding the bench, because that's a huge deal when you're tanking with an 8K hp monster.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Niton posted:

Thanks for this, my Faerie is now permanently riding the bench, because that's a huge deal when you're tanking with an 8K hp monster.

I found the Faeries to be more combat support than anything resembling a healer honestly. % based heals are absolutely bonkers when you have well runed monsters wrecking poo poo. In the desert area with Gryphons as basic monsters, I was screaming at the game because they'd just spam their speed up ability and get 2-3 turns for every 1 of mine. I eventually just snagged a friendly goon's high power fire monster and WRECKED it. It's really funny how certain levels are just really mean to you. Volcano 1 is another one of those, waiting on a few awakenings before I try that again (or at least finishing it before the 23rd for that sweet sweet bingo).

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Goon sirs, that are friends of mine. Just got 2 monsters where I want them for right now. Let me know which of these two you'd like me to put up as a leader to help you with dungeons.

If you aren't a friend of mine, add me.

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

Goon sirs, that are friends of mine. Just got 2 monsters where I want them for right now. Let me know which of these two you'd like me to put up as a leader to help you with dungeons.

If you aren't a friend of mine, add me.

I say the ninja, there aren't many good water attackers, and I see a lot more fire attackers in my friend list.

Also a question about arena revenge. Is it so that the other person will always get a revenge if you revenge yourself? I've had it a couple of times were me and a guy were hitting each other a few times. Is so, I hope more people will only put a singe monster as defense. Easy grinding then.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
What do the different colors on the stars for our summons mean? Is purple good? I got a Huga with a scroll, but he is only 3 stars.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Means they are awakened.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Sexual Aluminum posted:

What do the different colors on the stars for our summons mean? Is purple good? I got a Huga with a scroll, but he is only 3 stars.

Purple = Awakened and you just saved a bunch of time farming awakening materials for it. Do you know what Huga's base unit is? I got an awakened Faerie through a scroll and it was baller.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

FraudulentEconomics posted:

Purple = Awakened and you just saved a bunch of time farming awakening materials for it. Do you know what Huga's base unit is? I got an awakened Faerie through a scroll and it was baller.

I'm not sure. He looks like a fat Viking and has an axe? His abilities are attack three times in a row and has a passive ability of +10% crit and +25% crit damage. I guess load crit runes on him? He is blue if that matters.

Sexual Aluminum fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 21, 2014

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I'm not sure. He looks like a fat Viking and has an axe? His abilities are attack three times in a row and has a passive ability of +10% crit and +25% crit damage. I guess load crit runes on him? He is blue if that matters.

Blue Viking, he's a fairly common 3* monster. I don't think crit damage runes are worth it until you can shove your crit rates through the roof, so for now I'd do ATK and Crit runes for more general damage. I have a bounty hunter that does crit damage and crit chance runes, while he crits things FACES clean off (like 3k sometimes), his normal attacks are slightly lacking for me and I will eventually switch him over to just ATK runes.

Zotix posted:

Save up 1000 crystals, and buy the 2.1m mana pack. That is the most efficient use of crystals for summoning.

I can do a LOT of pointless poo poo with 2.1 million mana. I guess another question with this is how many of the shop slots do you have unlocked at any given time? I unlocked two or three, but should I unlock the whole bunch of em?

Edit: I'm finding that a LOT of monsters are really iffy for the most part, but a good portion of them work nicely while you're still trying to build up your teams.

A quick rundown of good things you can get earlyish:

Fire
Inugami (fire wolf, farmed from the Volcano) - Fatal + Blade/Energy, has the same skill bosses do that lets them do something else after they kill something, and it's basic attack has a chance to chain off of itself. It's crazy. Volcano is a bit far off, but this guy is AWESOME and farmable.
Harpu (summoned or bought) - Fatal + Energy, fire pseudo healer that buffs attack and heals AoE when awakened.
Hellhound (fire wolf thing, initial monster) - Swift + Blade/Energy, stupid quick attacker and has an incredible buff when awakened that raises attack and crit.
Elemental (summoned or bought) - Fatal + Energy/Blade, It's skill deals more damage based on how much HP the target has, which makes it a HILARIOUS tank-buster. Awakened has 50% more crit damage too.

Water
Low Elemental (Summoned, won, and bought) - Fatal + Energy/Blade, Before you say HEY THAT'S A 1* MONSTER, I know. I got mine awakened (which has a 15% hp bonus, not bad) at 2* and checked the recommendations on him. I have him at 3*s right now and he's a very VERY solid water monster. His skill is an almost certain defense debuff on whatever you hit, and his basic attack can lower the target's attack. Build him with Focus runes if you really want to make him a debuff monster. He's solid, plus if he comes to you pre-awakened, that's just even better.
Fairy (starter) - Fatal + Energy, Starter again is really great, especially when awakened for its sleep ability. Think of it as more of a support healer than anything else, single target heals are really just good for emergencies.
Howl (Ghost lookin thing, bought or summoned) Swift + Energy, Insane healer once awakened. Basic heal gives 20% to itself and a target, basic attack gives it 20% of its attack bar back, and awakened gives it an AoE DISPEL AND HEAL. IN THAT ORDER. THAT MEANS gently caress YOU NO HEALING DEBUFF.

Wind
Imp (Summoned or bought) - Swift + Blade, This guy is a sleeper like no other. You could do fatal runes with him as well, but he's naturally quick and why not just augment the poo poo out of it? His basic attack gives a speed boost on crit, his first skill has a higher crit chance, and his awakened skill is an AoE. He can hit hard and quick, just protect him somewhat.
Yeti (Summoned or bought) - Swift + Energy, Believe it or not, this is wind's AoE healer! YES. A yeti is the healer wind deserves. That's really all to write about him though.
Werebear (Summoned or bought) - Energyx3, Nominal tank due to his 30% self heal and defense buff, not to mention his attack deals more damage with more health you have (Max HP, not current). Awakened though, he gets a skill called Clean Shot that takes all the damage you just took that last turn, and then you deal it to something else. Bonus if you kill something with it (you probably will) you get another turn.

Mostly everything is useful thankfully, but others do the job a lot better than others. If you want MUST HAVES, Water Howl, Wind Imp, Fire Inugami, and Fire Hellhound are incredible.

FraudulentEconomics fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 21, 2014

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer
The wind werebear is even better. It's awakened skill deals damage as in (max hp - current hp=damage). So it's great to kill blue priest, or any tank.

e: In general 2 stars and even one stars are good because you can easily max out their skills. You get so much unknown scrolls. So don't neglect them, they're pretty good!

zeesik fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 21, 2014

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
For PvE, i'm actually having decent success with a Wind Elemental - his Solid Blades skill takes a turn to go off, but it makes his Lightning Claw skill have a near-100% crit rate, which leaves a powerful DoT effect on his target. Given that i've had absolutely zero luck in getting a decent wind attacker, messing around with him as been a godsend.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Niton posted:

For PvE, i'm actually having decent success with a Wind Elemental - his Solid Blades skill takes a turn to go off, but it makes his Lightning Claw skill have a near-100% crit rate, which leaves a powerful DoT effect on his target. Given that i've had absolutely zero luck in getting a decent wind attacker, messing around with him as been a godsend.

I like this guy too. If you can get a second, he gets really cool once his buff skill has been leveled up and you don't need to wait a turn after it runs out before you can cast it again.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I got an awakened Wind Pixie on a scroll, and it's kind of funny how my defense went from a succession of failures to success after success. She's easy to skill up and has a decent speed. I went ahead and improved it so she's almost guaranteed to go first to buff everybody.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 21, 2014

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
So.. I got really annoyed with my lack of decent non-Fire units. To rectify that, I decided to do a 3-pack of 3-5* summons.

Pull 1: 3* Fire Inferno. Not what I was looking for, but maybe he's okay?
Pull 2: 3* Water Fairy. Why.
Pull 3: 5* Fire Occult Girl! I mean, i'm happy because I pulled a 5* somehow, but I really wanted anything other than Fire DPS units, so overall it's a solid :confuoot::confuoot::confuoot::confuoot: out of 5.

Niton fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 22, 2014

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Lucky gently caress.

I just had a red inugami 1 shot my 10.5k vampire. Equal element. Game is broken as gently caress. My 1500 attack ninja has never done damage like that on even a weak element.

In fact I got a crit on him with my ninja, and only did like 5k.

Check out my new rune I just got before bed. Too bad it didn't have a prefix. Fatal or Quick would have been nice.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jul 22, 2014

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
I have a hauntingly severe lack of water DPS units. Fire is solid (if not glassy) and wind is nigh perfect right now. But I have almost ZERO water offense (in fact I can barely beat Volcano 2 if I run a third healer via friends or some massively overpowered fire unit like the two archangels I had on my list) and it's getting to me in the worst way possible. I'm coming up on 750 gems, do I get the scroll package or do I get the mana? I understand that mana works out to be better in the long run, but I'm getting a bit desperate.

And of course, as I type this, I get a water Inugami from a random battle. Guess that works to shore up my offense a bit.

Erinyes
Jun 1, 2007

the sound and the fury
So from the looks of everyone's boxes, everyone seems to have an entire roster of highly leveled/evolved monsters. I've been grinding away at normal dungeons, but I'm stuck at Talain Forest's boss (for example) and have to repeatedly grind the stage before until my team is able to take on the boss.

Is there some secret I'm missing to make this process easier or do I really just need to stick to the grind & continue to power-up using EXP fodder?

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Erinyes posted:

So from the looks of everyone's boxes, everyone seems to have an entire roster of highly leveled/evolved monsters. I've been grinding away at normal dungeons, but I'm stuck at Talain Forest's boss (for example) and have to repeatedly grind the stage before until my team is able to take on the boss.

Is there some secret I'm missing to make this process easier or do I really just need to stick to the grind & continue to power-up using EXP fodder?

Powering up really only helps if you do it super early on, and try to limit your powering up to same species or 1* monsters. You get a good amount of experience from bonus dungeons, hard difficulty (if you're capable of doing the first stage on hard, that's a NICE easy one), and just blasting through the game. I didn't hit a substantial hiccup until I got to the Volcano. Feel free to post your lineup and I'm sure we can help you build some teams and let you know what to keep and what to use as evolution fodder.

Runes help BIGTIME too, anything you use regularly will benefit massively from a full set of runes (again, ask and ye shall receive) at +3 because you get at minimum a little HP, more attack, and more defense. Get some lucky rolls on your runes in the 2/4/6 slots and you can get crazy poo poo like +speed or hp% or atk%. Usually unless a monster says something like "This skill is more powerful the higher the users defense is (like Golems)" you normally want to stray away from anything not those 3 things. Crit chance % and crit damage % are also solid, but those are more specific (and if you've played Diablo 3 any, you know the value of crit is actually that % times the crit damage % worth of attack).

FraudulentEconomics fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jul 22, 2014

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
The Volcano is ridiculous. I've been through the first 4 areas on Hell but Volcano 6 still fucks me every time.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I'm a weirdo and I love the concept of some of the 'ultra weak' creatures being surprisingly strong or valuable when invested in.

Also I can't beat Volcano 5 Normal, those loving goat things or whatever hit like trucks. :negative:

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Tsurupettan posted:

I'm a weirdo and I love the concept of some of the 'ultra weak' creatures being surprisingly strong or valuable when invested in.

Also I can't beat Volcano 5 Normal, those loving goat things or whatever hit like trucks. :negative:

I'm stuck on 3 personally. Too much loving AoE and I've yet to skill up my awakened Howl's AoE heal yet (which will PROBABLY make it doable). I'm 10 wins away from finishing my bingo sheet though (and hopefully I'll get a fire Inugami during that as well) and I still have the 100 energy leftover from the previous bingo. Maybe I'll get lucky with that scroll they're giving out for a full sheet and I'll get some 5* or whatever. Probably won't happen, but hey! You never know.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I'm stuck on 3 personally. Too much loving AoE and I've yet to skill up my awakened Howl's AoE heal yet (which will PROBABLY make it doable). I'm 10 wins away from finishing my bingo sheet though (and hopefully I'll get a fire Inugami during that as well) and I still have the 100 energy leftover from the previous bingo. Maybe I'll get lucky with that scroll they're giving out for a full sheet and I'll get some 5* or whatever. Probably won't happen, but hey! You never know.

Water Howl was the difference between me autoplay farming stage 2 and needing to carefully play through it with a friend leader. That poo poo is really good. I evolved mine to 4* because of how good it is.

Realistically I think anything I consider 'decent to good' for my monsters are going to end up 4*s. It's really easy to evolve them to 4*, it's hard to evolve past that due to availability in trash to use for evoing.

e: Aside from the gameplay systems I am really happy with how generous this game is with the IAP currency (I feel like I get around 30 a day at least?), and the energy system. If I want to grind, because of the energy drops in dungeons, I can get like 25-30 runs out of 50 energy rather than 16. If not I'll just rapidly dump it all in the daily dungeon/magic dungeon.

e2: I can't wait to get out of the phase where I am actively buying monsters from the shop to skill up mine. Pixies, fairies, warbears, etc. Gotta buy that poo poo! :v: Where are you guys making your money? I'm just selling the runes I get from farming the Volcano. Only 9 more fairies to max skill mine! 60% freeze basic attack and 4 turn sleep is gonna be sick as gently caress.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 22, 2014

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Man, I keep getting crushed by the Hydeni ruins, level 4. I've got everyone runed up, and I leveled the runes. Can anyone give me any suggestions on teams? Which guys should I focus on?

My guys are:

4 Star level 20 Awoken Blue Elucia (Starter Healer thing)
3 Star level 19 Blue Warbear
3 Star level 18 Fire Serpent
3 Star level 14 Fire Golem
3 Star level 12 Wind Imp (Thread says he is good, but dies really really fast)
3 Star level 11 Wind Bearman (I like his provoke ability)
3 Star level 10 Water Inugami
3 Star level 6 Water Epikion Priest (I hear she is good, but so far my elucia kicks her rear end. I probably should try to grind and awaken / level her more)
3 Star level 5 Awoken Blue Huga (Viking guy)
3 Star level 4 Fire hellhound
3 Star level 1 Mystic Witch (got a fire and a wind one. Fire one has a cool heal, wind one is meh)
3 Star level 1 Fire Martial Cat
2 Star level 15 Wind Yeti
2 Star Level 8 Wind Warbear

Should I grind somewhere more? So far I have been using these unknown scrolls and giving stars to my summons that seem decent.

Also, how am I supposed to get some of these awakening materials? I can clear up to level 3 of some of the dungeons, but then I get stomped afterward.

My name is Streblo in game if anyone wants to add me.

Sexual Aluminum fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 22, 2014

Erinyes
Jun 1, 2007

the sound and the fury

Powering up really only helps if you do it super early on, and try to limit your powering up to same species or 1* monsters. You get a good amount of experience from bonus dungeons, hard difficulty (if you're capable of doing the first stage on hard, that's a NICE easy one), and just blasting through the game. I didn't hit a substantial hiccup until I got to the Volcano. Feel free to post your lineup and I'm sure we can help you build some teams and let you know what to keep and what to use as evolution fodder.

Runes help BIGTIME too, anything you use regularly will benefit massively from a full set of runes (again, ask and ye shall receive) at +3 because you get at minimum a little HP, more attack, and more defense. Get some lucky rolls on your runes in the 2/4/6 slots and you can get crazy poo poo like +speed or hp% or atk%. Usually unless a monster says something like "This skill is more powerful the higher the users defense is (like Golems)" you normally want to stray away from anything not those 3 things. Crit chance % and crit damage % are also solid, but those are more specific (and if you've played Diablo 3 any, you know the value of crit is actually that % times the crit damage % worth of attack).

Thanks for the help! Below is my monster box - I've kept pretty much all 2-3 star monsters I've found and used 1 stars for fodder, but I'm not sure where this box leaves me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Erinyes fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 22, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Hit 20, got the free scroll, pulled an awakened 4* High Ice Elemental (Ellena). I was waffling on leveling my existing one as a water damage dealer, so this is nice. I'm hoping Ice Prison hits like a loving truck in addition to the guaranteed 2 turn freeze. This plus Fairy? Crowd control, gently caress yeah. Might finally replace my Water Serpent.

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007
Someone went through the game files and ripped all the images.

http://imgur.com/a/qFjFD

Some interesting stuff
-Possibly another currency, Gold
-Another event type called Explore
-Several new cool looking monsters

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Drevoak posted:

Someone went through the game files and ripped all the images.

http://imgur.com/a/qFjFD

Some interesting stuff
-Possibly another currency, Gold
-Another event type called Explore
-Several new cool looking monsters

I'm not sure how I feel about the monsters. It seems like there are a ton of critters out there that will be very rare, due to how the scrolls and stones summoning works.

This game kinda hurts my need to catch them all.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I found a rainbow angelmon, but the description isn't very clear. What exactly are they used for?

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.
So, newer player looking for some tips. I know the starting fairy and hellhound are pretty good, so I'm currently focusing on them. Do I have anything else worth focusing on in my lineup? I'm actually really liking the water imp, and I personally feel that my water team is pretty good. Fire is... okayish. Unfortunately, wind is really lacking at the moment.

Anyways, here is my lineup.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Mr Snips posted:

I found a rainbow angelmon, but the description isn't very clear. What exactly are they used for?

The rainbow angelmon's are already max level, which means you can immediately evolve it, and then use it to help evolve something in the next tier.

Let's say you are trying to get more 3*s so you can evolve a 3* maxed monster to 4*. Typically, you'd need to level up a 2* to max level and then evolve it. Rainbow Angelmon is basically handing you a max 2*.

As far as I know, the only point to Rainbow Angelmon is to help with evolving.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
drat, some of you guys have insane summons. That fire reaper someone has is nuts

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Out of curiosity: would there be interest in a second goon guild? The first is capped at a super low 30 and I have enough where I could make one right now if there was enough interest.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Free'd up a few spots on my friends list. Name is Krypi.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Figured out my own question from earlier. If you use the same element monsters to power up, there will by 1.5x exp. IE use fire monsters to power up fire monster.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Using the same type does the same thing. Like and imp to an imp.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Dear God in Heaven, the game knows exactly what kind of essence I need...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Playing as QuasiQuack. I don't have access to google docs at work so it's hard to send out friend requests when I have to use my cell phone to browse the list, but feel free to add me.

I'm having some trouble with the boss of the mountain zone. Should I just grind out some better runes when I get stuck?

• Locked thread