Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Darius
Nuyen: 18530 Karma: 5 TV Rating: 11 Armor: 18 Condition: 0/11P 4/11S Edge: 0/3

Assuming they don't make contact along the way in, Darius continues up into the filtration room and posts up by one of the entrances. Paying special attention for any traps and cameras. "Clear so far, y'all making progress on your way up?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
John Lee
¥: 7,148, TV Rating: 10
Edge: 6/7
Initiative: 7+1d6

<And BAM, there we go.> John links the AR hits to the rest of the truck. <drat fine shot, Roman, and excellent question. Put a new belt in that and lets take a look-> He pings the area as he speeds off again to the target building.

Sensor Scan: 1 hit [Limit 3]

pre:
Weapons:
Truck:
Ares Thunderstruck Gauss Rifle
-ACC 7(8)/DMG 15P/ –8 AP/ SA/ RC(1)/10(c)+ Energy/12F
--Smartlink

Stoner-Ares M107 HMG
-ACC 5(7)/DMG 12P/ -4 AP/ FA /RC 4(18)/100b/16F/
--Smartlink, Detachable Tripod

Ares Alpha
-ACC 5(7)/DMG 11P/–2 AP/ SA/BF/FA /RC 2(18)/42(c)/11F
-Smartlink
(Grenade Launcher)
-ACC 4(6)/DMG */ *AP/ SS / RC -/ 6(c)
-Smartlink

ARES REDLINE Laser Pistol
-ACC 9(11)/DMG 5P/ –10 AP/ SA / RC — 10(c)/External Source/14F 
----------
Drone:
----------
Personal:
Ares/Pancor Jackhammer 2
-Acc 4(5) / Damage 12P / AP -1 / SA/FA / 2 RC / 15c/28d / 14F /
--Gas-Vent 2 System, Internal Smartgun System, Imaging Scope with Low-Light Vision
3 Mags+6 Spare Rounds

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jul 15, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

As you move up the tunnel, you scan the entire facility. Though the connection is noisy, and the facility is a bit off, you manage to get a cohesive scan of the entire place, from electrical controls to the commlinks that Firewatch is using to communicate. There are 10 PANs in all, along with a number of electrical components, including doors, lights, and emergency shutdown systems. The facility's cameras are also clear as day, and you could try to use them to get a better eye on the scene. I've marked the PANs on the map.

Gonna move this along.

You collectively head up into the water main, and soon enough you're inside the water treatment facility with about a half-minute to spare. The main emerges in the bottom of a the last water treatment tank, long-since dried up. There's some silt and salt along the bottom of the floor, but the tank is otherwise bare, with high metal walls that stretch maybe fifty meters up. There's a ladder on the wall across the room, and a catwalk across the top of the tank with a door at the near end. The Firewatch troops that fled this way aren't to be seen, but their footprints make it clear they headed up the ladder recently. Thirty seconds from the primary assault, Dayton comms you all. {Synchronize. 30 Seconds until frontal assault. Secondary assault will initiate 10 seconds behind that. You all in position? Anything I can do to keep you oscar mike?}

You can see the other squads in your AR displays, almost like x-ray vision, and Nina lights up the PANs for you, too. It's still unclear where the hostages are, but one thing is clear: it's go time, so check your guns and get ready.

Current Map:

You pull up to the rear of the water treatment plant with about a minute to spare. You didn't see any more drones on the approach, but the sensors weren't always super-reliable with thermal imaging out in this heat. You pull up, maybe fifty meters around the back, and your squad starts to pile out and prepare for the secondary assault of the training exercise. What do you do? Move on foot, send your Subjectator with the squad, sit tight?

You get to Medical fast enough, spending about two hundred nuyen on the cab. The nurse on duty is the same one that saw you last night, and at this point she just rolls her eyes. "Back again, Mr. White? Just sit down over there, and we'll deal with be with you in a moment."

During your visit, she stitches up your battle wounds and deals with the bruising. When it's done, she looks you up and down. "Anything else while I have you here? Interested in more useless uppers? Because I've got strict orders that you aren't to receive anything capable of keeping you up all night, so that you won't miss tomorrow's events."

Here's the dossier on Patterson. I'll type the others up as necessary. Who's Kamikazi?

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 16, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

John Lee
¥: 7,148, TV Rating: 10
Edge: 6/7
Initiative: 11+2d6

(Uh, I assume that's 50 meters)

"Hmmm." John squints, feeds weren't too clear, going to have to roll with what we got. <Roman, if you wanna lug that .50 for the rest of poo poo shin-dig, feel free to take it with you. My drone will be right behind y'all. Ladies and Gents, I suggest you stack up by the garage doors due south because the second the main assault hits this building's going to get a new rear end in a top hat.> John circles around to get enough distance to build up speed and as soon as Alpha 1 moves for the door the sound of the engine roars in from the west. He lays on the horn since you know, he isn't trying to actually kill them.

Crash through garage doors, and hopefully getting into the building proper. Subjegator heads in with Alpha 2.

Ram: 5 hits [Limit 5]
Didn't even scratch the paint. 0 Damage.

Truck is 18armor/18Body/5 handling/Speed (inc Rig)
Ram:
(SHORTRANGEONLY)
The acting vehicle attempts to collide with a target vehicle. Make an Opposed (Vehicle Skill) + Reaction
[Speed or Handling] Test. If the Ram is taking place in a Speed Environmentuse Speed as the limit, and use
Handling if the Ram is taking place in a Handling En-vironment. If the ramming vehicle achieves more hits,
the vehicles have collided. The target of the Ram takes damage equal to the Body of the ramming vehicle plus
any Net Hits achieved. The vehicle that did the Ram-ming takes damage equal to half its Body.

pre:
Weapons:
Truck:
Ares Thunderstruck Gauss Rifle
-ACC 7(8)/DMG 15P/ –8 AP/ SA/ RC(1)/10(c)+ Energy/12F
--Smartlink

Stoner-Ares M107 HMG
-ACC 5(7)/DMG 12P/ -4 AP/ FA /RC 4(18)/100b/16F/
--Smartlink, Detachable Tripod

Ares Alpha
-ACC 5(7)/DMG 11P/–2 AP/ SA/BF/FA /RC 2(18)/42(c)/11F
-Smartlink
(Grenade Launcher)
-ACC 4(6)/DMG */ *AP/ SS / RC -/ 6(c)
-Smartlink

----------
Drone:
----------
Personal:
Ares/Pancor Jackhammer 2
--Gas-Vent 2 System, Internal Smartgun System, Imaging Scope with Low-Light Vision
3 Mags+6 Spare Rounds

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jul 16, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

¥: 480 TV Rating: 12.5 Cards in the Deck: 50/52
Edge: 0/4
"Now why you gotta talk to me like that. The way things are going you'll probably be seeing me tommorow night too, why you gotta be mean to me about it. Its just me trying to stay in top shape for company business. I don't need useless uppers, I need a useful upper and its one I don't ask for lightly. Cause it scares the gently caress out of me to even think of using but I need the edge tonight, I need to run that edge tonight. Have you heard of Kamikaze?"

Whilst he waits on a response he looks up Patterson's picture on some social networking site since he can't pull out his dossiers right in front of the nurse. So pretty, but so dead. What a waste. I'm definitely keeping her shades though. Are some of the thoughts he thinks up about the gig he's about to get involved in. He sends a encrypted comm to http://conjur.es/patterson.pdf to see if he's up for another go. [How do you feel about NeoNET? This associate is one whose directly responsible for 2 Firewatch squads turning up KIA on a mission. You up for some payback?] And then he contacts Nina along the same lines. [Excellent, I'm at medical right now but I'll meet you wherever you'd like. Also I got another gig for you. I was going to ask you to provide matrix coverage but maybe you wanna meet the person I had in mind in person, if only for a moment. Have you heard of the name Alloy Charm?] His final comm for the night is to Miss J. Encrypted but tagged normal priority so it won't interrupt whatever she's involved with for the evening.

[You can handle this when you are done for the evening but I need you to get Franz Talhoffer and Nina Walker on the payroll. They are actively assisting my operations and should be compensated for so that they keep doing so and stay happy. I will also be wrapping up the Mongolian affair tonight. Let you know when its done. Have fun!

- T]

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 17, 2014

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Darius
Nuyen: 18530 Karma: 5 TV Rating: 11 Armor: 18 Condition: 0/11P 5/11S Edge: 0/3

Forgot to resist drain so here's that: Resist Drain - Attribute Boost: Agility #1: 11d6t5 5
Resist Drain - Adrenaline Boost #1: 11d6t5 2

Darius rushes to get into position by the door and nocks a stick-n-shock arrow. "Everyone ready to go? Figure we go in as secondary is breaching yeah?"

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 18, 2014

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 9480 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 11 Edge 5/5 Karma: 0

Matches looks up at the ladder and mutters a soft loving poo poo gently caress and slings his rifle for the climb.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

TV Ratings: 9.5

THE PRESENT

Nina ducks behind the wall, prepared to watch the rear of the group while working on trying to figure out what else she could do with each of those PANs she sees. "Keep in touch, I'm gonna need updates to do more than just keeping them lit up."

THE FUTURE

[Probably. Lemme double-check, see if I've got the right now. You get plenty of never-weres going by names like that.] Nina checks her deck, doing a quick search on the name and anything that comes with it, filtering for things actually made of alloys.

Quick Matrix Search: Matrix Search: 10d6t5 5

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

[This might narrow down your search. NeoNET decker, recruited out of college around the Massachusetts area, Alias's Christine, Alloy Charm, Dr. Charm. Real name Cammy Paterson. Pull up what you can find on her and I'll tell you the rest if you are still interested afterwards.]

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

THE FUTURE

[We'll meet up. Just wanna know what kind of jobs they do. Least I do to prep for this.]

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

You put your monstrous vehicle through the garage door, and Alpha 2 comes out ready to fight. The garage is empty, with a few old lifts and a lot of old tools and mostly empty space, and it's clear that the building wasn't meant to hold up to the sort of abuse your massive truck can deal. The door peels off of its hinges, and within seconds Alpha 2 is moving out of the truck and into the building. You send your Subjugator with them into the facility while Roman lugs the .50 with him.

Are you jumping into the Subjugator? Roll initiative.

Roll initiative.

The lot of you prepare for the assault, moving up the ladder and leaving Birch and Nina behind. Then there's a catastrophic crash somewhere else in the building, and immediately shouts start ringing out through the entire hallway. The shouts are followed by two or three bursts of gunfire (three, for those who are counting) from the front of the facility, and the assault is well under way. The AR-painted Firewatch PANs start to move and react to the situation, and you can see your fellow squads leading their respective charges. All you have to do is grab the hostages and make a smooth escape.

You actually have some trouble finding information: whoever Cammy is, she knows how to clean up after herself. The Alloy Charm is a name you do know, though: she was on several of the Matrix HVT lists that Ares circulated internally, and you know she's probably rocking a sick matrix setup with double security. She seldom did anything visible or loud, and she's got a reputation for being safe rather than sorry. After more digging, you turn up some old NeoNET stories about recruiting her from an academic appointment, where she published stacks of papers for the ACM on large-scale trapdoor encryption schemes meant to counteract the modern quantum decryption units in cyberdecks. But the paper trail ends after 2068: no more publications, no more conference talks, no more anything. She's still listed as active faculty, but that's probably a complete lie.

The nurse gives you a stern look. "Look, I got strict orders against facilitating self-destructive behavior in the Wars participants, so unsanctioned combat stimulants are completely out of the question. If you want drugs, go score them on the street."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Tony replies back rapid fire and ends with the biggest smile he can pull off. "Ok so how about the sanctioned ones." Meanwhile, while he's giving the nurse the best smile and view of his pearly whites of his life to try to win her over he's responding to Nina's text. [Their jobs kill people and gently caress the company. Usually both at once, I'll bring the dossier for you to read yourself so you see what I mean.]

(I'll gonna use that charisma and TV Rating to make this thing happen. I just need a combat stimulant to make me move fast in combat. It doesn't have to be exactly jazz or kamikaze but it needs to be something to let me compete with augmented street samurai. My guy is still more of a razorboy turned assassin. Let me know the mods for the roll or you can roll it for me nbd.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Your TV ratings don't apply here, since she isn't a fan, but the Ares official nurse. You can roll Charisma at -5 DP (NPC is Suspicious, your desired result is Annoying, the Nurse technically outranks you, and your Severe Addiction). You can try to score on the streets if you'd like.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

QuantumNinja posted:

Your TV ratings don't apply here, since she isn't a fan, but the Ares official nurse. You can roll Charisma at -5 DP (NPC is Suspicious, your desired result is Annoying, the Nurse technically outranks you, and your Severe Addiction). You can try to score on the streets if you'd like.

How does a nurse outrank someone with blackops clearance and codes idgi. Also at those modifiers its an autofail so l0l just reply with the response she gives me and lets move this shitshow on.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Karl Bradford
Rating 9 / Nuyen 24683 / 13 Karma

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3616949&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post427111195

Initiative: 13+4d6 25

Sorry I've been quiet, there hasn't been anything for Karl to say/do lately.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Darius

Initiative #1: 13+4d6 35
I was hoping for something on the upper end of the range for a change, but wow.

First things first lets go through the door.

ViscerusIgnea
Mar 21, 2014
Franz Talhoffer
Assets: 4500¥
Rating: 9

Initiative: 12+2d6 16

RIGHT NOW
Franz huffs a packet of Jazz, and slams his visor shut. His arms wind up into combat mode, the plates locking together, and the internal machine pistols revving up. [Remember, ve are here for das hostages. Karl, Volf, you two are stronger zan me, you focus on getting das hostages out of ze line of fire. I'll run rearguard unt delaying actions. Any objections?]

Assuming everyone is okay with the plan, Franz guards the back, a clip of S&S in one arm, and Gel in the other.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches

Int: 9+1d6 10

Finally, some fuckin action. Matches readies his M202, a 100 round belt of Stick-n-Shock rounds loaded up.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

John Lee
¥: 7,148, TV Rating: 10, Edge: 6/7
Physic Init: 11+2d6
Matrix Init: 9+3d6=17

<A'ight, got y'alls back.> John focusses for a bit before slumping in his seat. He didn't like drones but they told him he had a rig, so now he did drones. He wasn't risking his brain for this though, and keeps his mental filter on as the subjectagor follows the team in. He keeps the spy drones hovering around over the truck in case someone tried to sneak up while he's comatose.

(Cold Simming it)

pre:

RCC:
Lone Star Remote Commander Device Rating:6, Dataprocessing 6, Firewall 5

Ares Subjectator
Handling 4+2, Speed 4+2, Bod 3, Armor 6, Pilot 2, Sensor 3+2
-ARES REDLINE Laser Pistol
--External Smartlink, 200
-Weapon Mount 2500
----------
Personal:
Ares/Pancor Jackhammer 2
3 Mags+6 Spare Rounds

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Let's do this thing!

Sgt. Dayton comes on over the comms. {Alpha-One and Alpha-Two have begun assault. Alpha-Three, I need you to move up and secure the hostages. Repeat, move up and secure the hostages. Report go-code delta on hostage extraction.}

Initiative
35 Darius
28 Ares Firewatch Squad #2
25 Karl
23 Ares Alpha 2
23 Ares Alpha 1
22 Ares Firewatch Squad Leader #1
21 Nina
22 Ares Firewatch Squad #1
20 Ares Firewatch Squad Leader #2
17 Road Rash
16 Franz
10 Matches

The jazz hits Franz on 16, bumping his init to 23. Jazz Init Bonus 2d6: 7 So you'll act at your slot this turn, but get pushed up afterwards.
Nina, I rolled your initiative, too. Hot Sim; roll 1d6 to subtract if you'd like 4d6+9: 214d6+9: 19

I went ahead and posted Darius up at the corner, and moved up Firewatch Squad #2. Arkangelus, lemmie know if you want to do anything else this pass. Otherwise, Karl is up. Feel free to post out of order, and I'll reconcile as possible and ask for clarification as necessary.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I don't see hostages on that graph? Are they on a different floor? If so, where are the stairs/elevators/etc.?

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
That is because the hostages don't have active PANs for Nina to track. They are there somewhere, but fog of war and all that.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Karl Bradford

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3616949&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post427111195

Free Action: Run (up to doorway near Darius)
Simple Action: Ready Weapon (Flash Pak)
Simple Action: Throw Weapon (Flash Pak)

Karl actually doesn't have a throwing weapons skill, so default is Agi-1 (5). Target is the group of 3 people directly in front of our doorway. I hope Darius has some flare comp because I sure do.
Throwing Flash Pak: 5d6t5 2

quote:

Anyone
looking in the direction of a flash-pak receives a –4 dice
pool penalty on attack tests due to the strobing (flare
compensation goggles, glasses, etc. reduce this modifier
to –2, while flare compensation in cybereyes or as
a retinal modification reduces this modifier to –1). The
flash-pak has 10 charges; when activated it uses one
charge per Combat Turn. When plugged in, it recharges
one charge every 10 seconds.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Darius

Re: Flash Compensation, I keep forgetting to ask if I can use my goggles with the full helmet. During creation I didn't even question it, then afterwards I started to second guess it. I've been erring on the side of no, but here's me checking. Also can you partially delay actions? IE take one simple and delay the second?

Darius gets to the corner and amps up while keeping his bow ready.
Attribute Boost: Agility #2: 7d6t5 3

Also I forgot to include wound modifier in init, should be 34. I'll try to remember on the rest of the rolls but I'm probably going to forget again. (I remembered on the att boost at least)

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

THE PRESENT

Nina looks at some of the nearer PANs, looking for something to latch onto in an attempt to cause some trouble for those holding the hostages.

Trying to plan for the future. Verifying that I need to get marks to figure out everything the PAN in particular is attached to, right?

THE FUTURE

[Yeah, I'll be there. You could afford Alloy Charm? She's probably spendy given all the real world, legal experience she's got. Or at least, that she says she's got. Do I gotta pick some place where there aren't people to kill?]

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

I moved Darius up to where I thought was appropriate.

@Arkangelus: let's iron out gear sometime not in the middle of combat, because technically helmets have capacities and you can install hardware in them, but it's a can of worms. As for partially postponing actions, I'm not inclined to let you do that because it'll get messy. That said, something like "I move up to the door and then attack the first person who comes into my sight" is fine with me.

@Bigass Moth: You take -2DP to actions while running, which means 0 hits truncating. The FlashPak scatters, but not far at all.
FlashPak Scatter 2d6: 9
FlashPak Scatter Distance 1d6: 1

Wolf and Karl move up, into what looks like a laboratory for the water treatment facility, likely for quality control. Then Karl tosses a flash pack into the next room, which looks to be full of cubicles and decrepit office supplies. The FlashPak bounces, landing near the intended target, and erupts in light, filling the room up with flashes and revealing the hostages.

Squad Alpha 2 moves into the facility's pump room, and Alpha 1 preps charges on the main lobby's front doors.

One of the Firewatch troopers, the squad leader by insignia, opens up with his rifle at Karl in exchange.

Firing at Karl (Full Auto, Simple) 16d6h5: 4
Potential Damage: 13S(e) / -5 AP, you take -5 DP to defend, and soak whatever is left.

@thelazyblank: This gets into how to house rule Running Silent, and I'm inclined to do it like this: your hits on Matrix Perception reveal every PAN whose master's DR is less than or equal to your hits in the area. These troopers, unfortunately, are rocking some high-grade gear. If you grab marks on one, though, you instantly get the list of things connected, and that plus the Free Action rule should mean that Complex HotF + Free Action Eject Clip will work out.

Initiative
34 Darius
25 Karl
23 Ares Alpha 2
23 Ares Alpha 1
21 Nina
17 Road Rash
16 Franz
10 Matches

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Yeah, that's why I've been assuming no, seems weird to stack the two. Figuring it out not now makes sense though, you're right. As for the delayed action yeah that's what I was going for. Can Darius be facing that door behind us with potential dudes behind it?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

QuantumNinja posted:

One of the Firewatch troopers, the squad leader by insignia, opens up with his rifle at Karl in exchange.

Firing at Karl (Full Auto, Simple) 16d6h5: 4
Potential Damage: 13S(e) / -5 AP, you take -5 DP to defend, and soak whatever is left.
Karl Bradford

Reaction 8 + Intuition 5 + Combat Sense 3 + Partial Cover 2 (doorway) - 5AP = 13 dice
Defense roll vs. 4 successes -5AP: 13d6t5 7

Karl evades any damage as usual. Mr. Slick is just too slippery.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

THE PRESENT

"Alright, guys, if this works, you should hear less bullets." Nina starts tapping away on her deck, looking for a way through the noise, trying to get in on one of the PANs of the

Time for the big info dump:
-Sleaze 6, Attack 5, Firewall 5, Data Processing 3
Programs: Exploit, Armor, Agent 5
Complex Action: Hack on the Fly (The one nearest the door in the room with the flash paks)
Agent, Complex Action: Hack on the Fly (The one further back)
Free Action(s): Pop clips free, if able.
Nina's Perception (6 + 8 + 2 - 2 (public host, IIRC?) ):Hack On The Fly (Nina): 14d6t5 6
Agent's Perception (5 + 5 - 2): Hack On The Fly (Agent): 8d6t5 0 Whoops.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
That's more hits than they can reasonable hope to roll. Whose clip?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

QuantumNinja posted:

That's more hits than they can reasonable hope to roll. Whose clip?

The one in the front of the group with the flashpaks, the one labelled LT (I think?).

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

The PAN includes an Ares Predator, an Ares Alpha, three concussion grenades, an Ares iComm, and and some slaved cyberwares: cybereyes and wired reflexes.

The clip pops free of the Firewatch soldier who just fired upon Karl. He looks at it in surprise and barks orders to the rest of the first Firewatch squad. The two in the room with their leader start moving the hostages away from the door, and one of them takes more shots at Karl.

Attacking 16d6h5: 7

The other two members of Firesquad 1 kick open the door above Darius and Karl, posting up in partial cover behind the door and opening up on them with suppressing fire.
Suppressing Fire 16d6h5: 3

The fire cones are indicated on the map as orange overlays.
Anyone in the suppressive fire zone or immediately adjacent to it takes a dice pool penalty to all actions equal to the shooter’s hits.
Any character who is in the suppressed area must make a Reaction + Edge Test with a threshold equal to the hits scored by the suppressing attacker.
If the test fails, the character is hit, suffering damage equal to weapons base DV modified by ammunition ( 9S(e) / -5 AP ).
If multiple suppressive fire actions occur covering the same area, only the highest dice pool penalty counts against targets in or near the suppressed area, but targets must make a Reaction + Edge test against all overlapping zones, taking damage from the ones missed. Reaction + Edge Tests in this situation are subject to the diminishing pool effect of being shot by multiple attackers in a single Action Phase. After each roll apply a –1 die penalty to the defender’s dice pool.

Initiative
35 Darius
25 Karl
23 Ares Alpha 2
23 Ares Alpha 1
21 Nina

17 Road Rash
16 Franz
10 Matches

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Darius

Shot on man #1: 15d6t5 9
The one on the left side of the door I guess. Accuracy is 7 though I'm assuming we need to truncate for cover or something anyway.

Dodge suppressing fire #1: 17d6t5 6
Dodge suppressing fire #2: 16d6t5 5
Used Full-Defense interrupt. Aaaand I just realized I slipped back into regular defense roll math. Truncate 2 dice from each (difference between intuition and edge) and untruncate 1 for forgetting to add in combat sense if that applies here. Oops. Either way unless I made other mistakes they both stay successes I think.

Darius lets loose a charged arrow as the Firewatch soldiers open the door and begin their assault. Immediately he is a flurry of movement as he attempts to avoid the rapidly approaching wall of lead.

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jul 29, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Take your shot. You get it before the suppression fire starts. They aren't using Enhanced Suppression.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
dam i am a fat slow loving ork

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
Edit:

BELL
Rolling for Bell's init er... 1d6+7: 10

Oh wow, I came back at the worst time.

AmyL fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 2, 2014

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

QuantumNinja posted:

The clip pops free of the Firewatch soldier who just fired upon Karl. He looks at it in surprise and barks orders to the rest of the first Firewatch squad. The two in the room with their leader start moving the hostages away from the door, and one of them takes more shots at Karl.

Attacking 16d6h5: 7

The other two members of Firesquad 1 kick open the door above Darius and Karl, posting up in partial cover behind the door and opening up on them with suppressing fire.

The fire cones are indicated on the map as orange overlays.
Anyone in the suppressive fire zone or immediately adjacent to it takes a dice pool penalty to all actions equal to the shooter’s hits.
Any character who is in the suppressed area must make a Reaction + Edge Test with a threshold equal to the hits scored by the suppressing attacker.
If the test fails, the character is hit, suffering damage equal to weapons base DV modified by ammunition ( 9S(e) / -5 AP ).
If multiple suppressive fire actions occur covering the same area, only the highest dice pool penalty counts against targets in or near the suppressed area, but targets must make a Reaction + Edge test against all overlapping zones, taking damage from the ones missed. Reaction + Edge Tests in this situation are subject to the diminishing pool effect of being shot by multiple attackers in a single Action Phase. After each roll apply a –1 die penalty to the defender’s dice pool.

Initiative
35 Darius
25 Karl
23 Ares Alpha 2
23 Ares Alpha 1
21 Nina

17 Road Rash
16 Franz
10 Matches

Defense vs. full auto:
Reaction 8 + Intuition 5 + Combat Sense 3 + Partial Cover 2 (doorway) - 5AP = 13 dice
Defense roll vs. 7 successes -5AP: 13d6t5 4
Edge - reroll failures (I am just doing a new roll with 9 dice)
Defense roll vs. 7 successes -5AP (edge reroll 9 dice): 9d6t5 6

Edge is now 2/3

Rolls vs. Suppressive Fire
Reaction 8 + Edge 2 + Combat Sense 3 - 3 hits = 10 dice
Defense vs. Suppressive Fire 3 hits #1: 10d6t5 5
Defense vs. Suppressive Fire 3 hits #2: 10d6t5 5

Can't touch this.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Still waiting on posts from Ronwayne, bunnielab, and ViscerusIgnea.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

John Lee
¥: 7,148, TV Rating: 10, Edge: 6/7
Physic Init: 11+2d6
Matrix Init: 9+3d6=17

<Get ready to go folks> John moves the drone ahead and shoots out the lock in front of Alpha 2 with the drone's laser weapon.

4hits with the laser on the lock, since its stationary. Security doors are Structure 8, Armor 12. Laser is -11ap with damage 5. with net hits that's 8 damage vs 8 structure

pre:

RCC:
Lone Star Remote Commander Device Rating:6, Dataprocessing 6, Firewall 5

Ares Subjectator
Handling 4+2, Speed 4+2, Bod 3, Armor 6, Pilot 2, Sensor 3+2
-ARES REDLINE Laser Pistol
--External Smartlink, 200
-Weapon Mount 2500
----------
Personal:
Ares/Pancor Jackhammer 2
3 Mags+6 Spare Rounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches

Finaly, some loving action.

Hearing the spray of gunfire heading in Karl and Darius' direction, Matches does the sensible thing. Dropping the M202 onto it's sling, he swings the riot shield around and grabs it with his left hand, his right pulling the Antioch from it's thigh holster.

Lumbering through the door, he raises his shield and yells Hey you dumb motherfuckers, why don't try loving aiming once and a fuckin while? at the Firewatch team on the balcony.

Gonna draw some fire to take the heat off the murder monkies. Next round going to answer the "What does 4687.5j of energy do to a dude's head" question."

• Locked thread