Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
thats fake

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

I really hope they focus on a completely new set of characters. But considering how crazy popular the P4 characters are in Japan i am not sure.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I doubt they'd shoot themselves in the foot like that. You'll probably go to Inaba for a class trip or something and that'll be the extent of it.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

It's a non-Japanese made fake. Character design is usually credited as character design, not "character designer".

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Maybe they will abstract out the dungeon's location even more! We went from "It's in the real world but in a secret anime time" to "it's in a parallel dimension" so now I think it needs to be a website.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strange Quark posted:

It's a non-Japanese made fake. Character design is usually credited as character design, not "character designer".

:qq: <---- me right now.

Are you sure it's fake? LIKE REALLY SURE???? :/

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

They'll probably show it TGS anyway, if they were ever going to unveil something about that game it would be there.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

I said come in! posted:

Persona 5 will probably still be at TGS, even if the image is fake. The game is coming out in Japan either late this year or early next year (depending on how generous Winter 2014 is), after all.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Its from an indonesian twitter account and they spelled persona incorrectly in the wrong alphabet

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

I said come in! posted:

Are you sure it's fake? LIKE REALLY SURE???? :/

The game comes out in five months max in Japan. Even if you don't hear anything from TGS (and you probably will), the information drought probably woudn't continue long past September.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strange Quark posted:

The game comes out in five months max in Japan. Even if you don't hear anything from TGS (and you probably will), the information drought probably woudn't continue long past September.

That's true too.

Been waiting forever for this game.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Alright so i reloaded an older save to try and slink max everyone, i am on October 25th, my Social Links are:

Maxed: Empress, Emperor, Hierophanmt, Chariot, Justice, Hermit, Death

Magician - 4
Priestess - 9
Lovers - 6
Fortune - 2
Strength - 8
Hanged - 5
Devil - 9
Moon - 7
Sun - 6
Jester - 6
Aeon - 4

I am guessing its really not possible to finish these in time is it?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

With Fortune at rank 2 and a bunch at 4 I really doubt it. You might wanna just hit NG+ and follow a guide.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Manatee Cannon posted:

With Fortune at rank 2 and a bunch at 4 I really doubt it. You might wanna just hit NG+ and follow a guide.
This. Unless you don't want to do New Game+.

I'd put my effort into getting the personality stats (Understanding, Knowledge, Courage, Expression, and Diligence) to their maximum levels, or as high as possible. They carry over into New Game+, and it's nice to never have to worry about them again. Unless that's already done. Maybe spend some time at the coffee shop if some of your Personas have good skills you can copy for later, since those carry over too.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Robot Hobo posted:

This. Unless you don't want to do New Game+.

I'd put my effort into getting the personality stats (Understanding, Knowledge, Courage, Expression, and Diligence) to their maximum levels, or as high as possible. They carry over into New Game+, and it's nice to never have to worry about them again. Unless that's already done. Maybe spend some time at the coffee shop if some of your Personas have good skills you can copy for later, since those carry over too.

I already am in NG+

My stats have been maxed since the last play through. I think in that case i am just going to harvest cards and follow a guide. I didn't realize that certain options have a huge impact on how much you can hang out with that person.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That's not quite it, if you answer "correctly" during s-link events you rank up faster. If you give the wrong answer you will have to spend more time with the person to rank up, though presumably you'll still reach 10 eventually if you're persistent.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

UberJumper posted:

I already am in NG+

My stats have been maxed since the last play through. I think in that case i am just going to harvest cards and follow a guide. I didn't realize that certain options have a huge impact on how much you can hang out with that person.

Some people really like hearing certain things.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

That's not quite it, if you answer "correctly" during s-link events you rank up faster. If you give the wrong answer you will have to spend more time with the person to rank up, though presumably you'll still reach 10 eventually if you're persistent.

Also often where its three options, two will give you points towards rank ups, but one will be substantially faster than the other.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

P4A Ultimax has been confirmed for a September 30 release in NA:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08/06/persona-4-arena-ultimax-gets-a-release-date-for-north-america/

Also, Margaret will be a DLC character:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08/06/margaret-dlc-coming-to-persona-4-arena-ultimax/

Uggghhh, I really do wish they would confirm a Western release of the Premium Newcomer Edition. I really want that and it would be immensely lovely if only Japan got it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BreakAtmo posted:

Uggghhh, I really do wish they would confirm a Western release of the Premium Newcomer Edition. I really want that and it would be immensely lovely if only Japan got it.

Japan probably also hasn't had the crazy Atlus sales where you could buy the game for $15. A quick search on Amazon.jp shows the game still selling for ~$60 on sale. The first edition is probably the best anyone is getting in the west. Maybe in the European regions (if someone chooses to make a localized release with region free being a thing) they might include it.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Holy crap, a fusion just hosed up in the best way possible. I've just recently beaten Shadow Mitsuo, and I was just fiddling around with some lower-level Personas after a bit of sauna grinding (now Yu's at Lv48). I tried creating a regular Lv27 Unicorn with Zionga and some other stuff, and instead I got this:

It's been a good Persona day overall: earlier I was fighting the Void Quest miniboss, I killed it and nearly killed the Almighty Hand it summoned, and then the Almighty Hand tried to God Hand Chie. She Countered it and killed him. It was beautiful.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Here's some new Ultimax screenshots with Margaret:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08/09/see-more-of-margaret-in-new-persona-4-arena-ultimax-screenshots/

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Is Margaret's persona Yoshitsune? That's rad.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

She has several personas. Not sure what the persona in the first picture is, but you can see Cu Chulainn in the last one.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Yoshitsune? Well THAT'S hardly fair :colbert:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

She also summons Lucifer/Helel for her Instant Kill.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/06/persona-4-arena-ultimaxs-margaret-summon-lucifer-instant-kill/

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Oh, also, sweet English trailers.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/08/14/video-persona-4-arena-ultimax-gets-english-trailers-for-yu-yosuke-and-yukiko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f192-cY8Euk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb7gpYz1Ji8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwnGVB44_dc

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

More English Trailers, for the 2 versions of the new villain, as well as Shadow Labrys:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/p...campaign=buffer

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

English trailer for the first 2 DLC characters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqaQsA3t0Aw

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Hey, looks like you end up in some reproduction of Tartarus at some point. And Yu's Shadow taking on the form it had in the animé is pretty cool I guess.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
Started playing Golden in very hard and cleared Kanji's dungeon yesterday. It sure is challenging, but in kind of a cheap way: In the beginning, you die to the bad luck and cheap shots of the regular enemies and you have to start grinding again and again, which got to be a less of an issue after you gain some levels and remember to stick with the weaker enemies for long enough. You always need a bunch of Goho-M's to go and save just to be sure. The half exp-rule just doubles the length of the process and makes you more vulnerable to those cheap shots a longer time, which, again, is an artificial challenge. It also takes time away from social links and fishing, because you gotta grind more.

So it's a bit meh, but I'll stick to it. The fact that hard let's you check-point to the beginning on an floor is just convenient and erasing it doesn't make it harder, it just puts the responsibility of saving to you, which isn't hard, you just have to remember to do it.

Golden is a near perfect game (for me, at least) and if I had one complaint, it would probably be this. Also Marie's dungeon is a bit bleh but it isn't hard so I can live with it.

ManOfTheYear fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Aug 24, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The difficulty adjustments in Persona are dumb and mostly pointless, there's no reason not to just play on normal or whatever.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

On your second playthrough you can set the damage to Hard levels, but still skip all the grinding & reloading nonsense.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

So, am I terrible and immature for giggling at there being an item called Wind Breaker?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Hey, does anyone know about the apparent PGP/P1-GP Mode in Ultimax? It seems that it's going to be a cut-down, streamlined version of the original P4A's Story Mode - essentially, the 'canon' of 'what really happened' in P4A as far as Ultimax is concerned. Meanwhile, the Story Mode DLC sold separately and included in Japan's Premium Newcomer Package will be the complete and unaltered P4A Story Mode. Is this entirely correct?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHPrkBEjXJc

Japanese trailer showing off the Shadow Characters. And yes, we do get Shadow Koromaru.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHPrkBEjXJc

Japanese trailer showing off the Shadow Characters. And yes, we do get Shadow Koromaru.

You do know there's a separate thread for Persona 4 Arena 2 right?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I did not, at all. I assumed this was being treated as the de-facto general 'Persona' thread. Thanks.

edit: Actually, there's an issue with that thread - unmarked Arena spoilers. I've never played the original since it took nearly a year to be released in PAL territories, and the region-locking meant a rather high price. Then Ultimax was announced, so I decided to wait. I won't bother posting the Ultimax stuff here anymore though - unless there are more people here in my situation?

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I'm avoiding the Ultimax thread too, because I haven't played P3 or Arena. I appreciate I am probably in a tiny minority though. Having said that, Golden was just on sale on the UK PSN store, so there may be one or two new players heading towards this thread. Who knows.

• Locked thread