Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

InfinEight posted:

Saw this earlier and it looks pretty sweet. Might have to pick it up if I get the chance.

I went to Legoland California last Wednesday; it was pretty fun, but not as much as it would have been if I were a kid or had children of my own. The miniland stuff and Lego Movie Experience were the best parts, and even though it's a ripoff at $10 per 1/4 pound, I picked up some dark azure 1x2s. I also got to draft 9 X-jets at my LUG meeting on Saturday, and I took advantage of the Toys R Us sale to get the other two sets.

When I was in Legoland California, they didn't even have PAB cups; they had plastic bags. And I think it was only $7 or $8 per quarter pound. Still a ripoff, of course.

Shouldn't you have a 5th Sentinel head from your draft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Pyroclastic posted:

Wow, he just gave you something like that? He had no idea what he had. Market Street alone is worth over $500 now.

Well, by "give" I mean give me to build and display. I don't think he's that enthusiastic about sorting out the pieces himself to sell anyways. He knows it's worth a couple hundred, but probably not that much. I'll have to let him find that out on his own or he might not let me display if for long.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Pyroclastic posted:

When I was in Legoland California, they didn't even have PAB cups; they had plastic bags. And I think it was only $7 or $8 per quarter pound. Still a ripoff, of course.

Shouldn't you have a 5th Sentinel head from your draft?

They still have the bags, but I transferred the bricks to a PAB cup just to show how much more expensive it is-- $20 for half a pound doesn't even fill a $16 cup. At first I wasn't going to buy anything due to the price, but the dark azure stood out since I haven't seen it on a PAB wall yet.

I originally picked the Sentinel chests and someone else grabbed the heads, and with 9 sets it's impossible to get an equal set of pairs so we traded 4. I also traded 20 of the purple 1x2 curved bricks for 10 of the 2x2 in dark blue, so that's why there's a small amount of those.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Wowbagger2004 posted:

There's a pretty cool story on BBC today about LEGO washing up on a beach in England.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-28367198

drat, that rules. As a kid I used to have dreams that I'd found some huge stash of free Lego and I'd wake up totally bummed out.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Sloppy posted:

drat, that rules. As a kid I used to have dreams that I'd found some huge stash of free Lego and I'd wake up totally bummed out.

holy crap, I thought I was the only one that got those dreams.

I had one as an adult once. It was a confusing experience.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Sloppy posted:

:sigh::respek::sigh:

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)
It's sad because it's probably terrible for wildlife, but on the other hand the fact that it's all pirate stuff, lifejackets, octopi, and diver accessories is pretty funny.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

tactical_grace posted:

It's sad because it's probably terrible for wildlife, but on the other hand the fact that it's all pirate stuff, lifejackets, octopi, and diver accessories is pretty funny.

The rock raiders never had a chance.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Press release and design video for Tumbler.

http://toysnbricks.com/lego-76023-the-tumbler%e2%80%8f-ucs-official-press-release/

$200!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Movie-ish Joker looks boss, shame there's no Batpod though.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
That guy looks pretty excited, I hope that's a reflection of how good it is.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Ooh VIP early access for August 18! Guess I'll hold off on buying the other couple summer Star Wars sets to save up for this.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

August is going to be expensive, Exo Suit and Tumbler!

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

mattfl posted:

August is going to be expensive, Exo Suit and Tumbler!

and the Volvo front loader. :( :D

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

With the wheels at the far corners, how would they normally make the chassis of something like the Tumbler so it doesn't crack in half when you push down on the middle? Sistered / paired technic beams?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

smackfu posted:

With the wheels at the far corners, how would they normally make the chassis of something like the Tumbler so it doesn't crack in half when you push down on the middle? Sistered / paired technic beams?

Technic panels it seems.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't want the Tumbler, but I'd sure love to have a box full of those tires they used on it. Hopefully they get used on other sets in the future.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Dang I forgot about the Exo Suit, too.

smackfu posted:

Yeah if you watch the designer video he takes off the front panels to show the technic beams and credits whoever it was that had the idea.

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005
I should've held out on the Lego Star Wars sets and bought them on Amazon. :doh: Release date of Aug 1, 2014:

LEGO Star Wars 75054 AT-AT

LEGO Star Wars 75049 Snowspeeder

LEGO Star Wars 75052 Mos Eisley Cantina

LEGO Star Wars 75053 The Ghost

Here's to helping you guys save a few bucks.

FallenSystm
Feb 9, 2005

"Full of Fish?"
So I've been meaning to bring up this image:

Has anyone deciphered the meaning behind this yet? Obviously we are seeing Smaug, and it probably has something to do with the 4 sets that are coming out late this year. The Hobbit and LOTR sets are some of my favorites and I can't see any hidden easter eggs within the image.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

So this crazy guy who owns a local toy store is offering to sell me an assembled but otherwise complete Technic Crane truck (8258) from his personal collection for $80 :psyduck: Apparently it just reminds him of the terrible experience it was building it. I guess some people just don't like Technic (he refuses to sell any Technic models in the store).

The only thing holding me back is shelf space.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Pretty sure that is a code to an unlockable in the Lego Hobbit game.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I bought a 27-gallon sterilite tub at Walmart yesterday to consolidate several smaller tubs I've been dumping stuff into.

I filled it to 80% almost immediately. And it's sitting next to a full 16.5 gallon tub, which is sitting on top of a full 27 gallon tub, which is next to a 70% full 27-gallon tub that just has 'misc' parts. Nearly 100 gallons of unsorted Lego. :stonklol:

Think I could hire a bunch of guys at Home Depot for a week and just have them sort for me?

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Pyroclastic posted:

I bought a 27-gallon sterilite tub at Walmart yesterday to consolidate several smaller tubs I've been dumping stuff into.

I filled it to 80% almost immediately. And it's sitting next to a full 16.5 gallon tub, which is sitting on top of a full 27 gallon tub, which is next to a 70% full 27-gallon tub that just has 'misc' parts. Nearly 100 gallons of unsorted Lego. :stonklol:

Think I could hire a bunch of guys at Home Depot for a week and just have them sort for me?

Get one of those big kiddie pools and dump them all in. It's basically like Scrooge's Money bin, you'll prolly die from the pain swimming in it, but oh man what a ride.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I did all my sorting watching NHL games, gives my hands something to do when I'm vegging on the couch.

Was a long process but I'm done now and building is way more fun.

Biggest problem I have is trying to decide what the next stage will be.. am currently using ziploc bags and random plastic bins we had around the house. I think I know what I want but near as I can tell it doesn't exist.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
My son wanted a mech, so I repurposed Bad Cop's Pursuit. He'll see it in the morning when he goes downstairs.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

uwaeve posted:

My son wanted a mech, so I repurposed Bad Cop's Pursuit. He'll see it in the morning when he goes downstairs.

This owns and you own. Now I kind of want that set to recreate this.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

FallenSystm posted:

So I've been meaning to bring up this image:

Has anyone deciphered the meaning behind this yet? Obviously we are seeing Smaug, and it probably has something to do with the 4 sets that are coming out late this year. The Hobbit and LOTR sets are some of my favorites and I can't see any hidden easter eggs within the image.

It looks exactly like a cheat/unlock code from a Lego game, must be to unlock something in the Hobbit game.

Edit: beaten

Double edit: It unlocks Narzug.

beato fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jul 23, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You gave the police bot a robo cock. :ohdear:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Getting quite excited about that Exo-Suit now, so I went for a rummage to dig out all my old space minifigures. I had quite a few more than I thought. And then I started digging out all the minifigures and accessories I could find. Gonna be dusty for a while but I think it was worth it.

Also old Lego turns some interesting colours. Not just the white bits, but all sorts.

SynthOrange posted:

Seems like a good method of subduing criminals to me. :v:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

SynthOrange posted:

A mechanism which retracts the robocock when you twist Bad Cop's head back to Good Cop.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

SynthOrange posted:

Obviously if you have the means when mech shopping you're going to upgrade to the top-of-the-line ROtating Beryllium Oxide Coil-Over Cannon (Kinetic)*. :colbert:

* I needed weight low and forward for stability (without enough pairs of hinges to make good arms or whatever) and my son isn't yet ruined by the internet so I'm not worried about the interpretation.

It's already in pieces :laffo:

He did say "Are you kidding me?!!" to my wife when he saw it, so op success I guess. :3:

sybir
Sep 10, 2004
Uhhh, what?

Electrophotonic posted:

So this crazy guy who owns a local toy store is offering to sell me an assembled but otherwise complete Technic Crane truck (8258) from his personal collection for $80 :psyduck: Apparently it just reminds him of the terrible experience it was building it. I guess some people just don't like Technic (he refuses to sell any Technic models in the store).

The only thing holding me back is shelf space.

I'd give you $100 plus shipping for it.......

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Two nights ago I finally let my son watch A New Hope.

On lunch today I hit the Natick LEGO Store, The Container Store, and a WalMart (to grab the Millennium Falcon that was out of stock at the LEGO Store). Total haul was (all Micro) one X-Wing, one Millennium Falcon, and two TIE Interceptors.

Tonight we build and re-enact the trench run :derp:

Red_Chief
Nov 2, 2007

Mitsune posted:

I should've held out on the Lego Star Wars sets and bought them on Amazon. :doh: Release date of Aug 1, 2014:

LEGO Star Wars 75054 AT-AT

LEGO Star Wars 75049 Snowspeeder

LEGO Star Wars 75052 Mos Eisley Cantina

LEGO Star Wars 75053 The Ghost

Here's to helping you guys save a few bucks.

I saw the new AT-AT on display and was a little under-whelmed by it. But I have a motorized AT-AT on my top shelf so that may explain it.

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

Red_Chief posted:

I saw the new AT-AT on display and was a little under-whelmed by it. But I have a motorized AT-AT on my top shelf so that may explain it.

I hear you. I missed out on that one long ago and I made sure to not miss it again. The only other regret I have is not picking up the Lego Rebel Blockade Runner 10019. Here's hoping for a re-release.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Too bad I can't afford this on eBay:(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It is extremely uncool of them to make that a Comic-Con exclusive.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

It is extremely uncool of them to make that a Comic-Con exclusive.

Right? I hate it when companies pull this sorta bullshit. Comic Con tickets are already very hard to get, and even if you do get there, there is no guarantee that you will be able to pick one up either. Maybe someone will post instructions online and I can just buy the parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

obi_ant posted:

Right? I hate it when companies pull this sorta bullshit. Comic Con tickets are already very hard to get, and even if you do get there, there is no guarantee that you will be able to pick one up either. Maybe someone will post instructions online and I can just buy the parts.

Not to mention it's completely unfair to people who don't even live in the US. I hope this set comes over to the UK as a promotion or something. Releasing stuff in the US only is horseshit.