Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

I've always said that Douglas' understanding is both complete and compelling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

quote:

honestly Cena shouldn't even regret taking the DDT on the concrete and then pinning the Nexus. Cena is simply the top dog, and Barrett was very green at that time. Cena just can't fall to anyone to appease an immediate story angle. It's called protecting the business.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I didn't even make it past the first sentence of the new Sack, where he says the exact same thing three times.

quote:

Over the years, I’ve seen a lot of wrestling, watched a lot of wrestling, and have noticed a lot of old school wrestling on YouTube.

I've seen, watched, and noticed a lot of wrestling.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hey, now, 'noticed' is not the same thing! He just sees it in his recommendations, finds that it doesn't feature Bruno, and ignores it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNAMecca

quote:

I am really surprised by how well this new direction that TNA has taken is resonating with me. For those that actually know me, you know that I don't always like everything that TNA puts in front of me every single time that they have a show (contrary to popular belief). I am not a "fanboy". I don't think you guys consider yourselves to be "fanboys" either. I will tell you if I think something is wrong (in my opinion) or if I don't like something, but it's true that I am a fairly optimistic person. I form my own opinions and don't let the dirtsheets and "pundits" dictate how I should feel about TNA and it's product. Being independent of the popular mind-set that circulates the IWC: it's like deeply breathing in fresh mountain air that isn't trapped in a stale office building and recirculated over and over again until all of the bacteria and microscopic debris in said building make it nearly impossible to breath properly. I'm not putting myself on a pedestal, I'm simply expressing my metaphorical experience of what "not buying into the anti-TNA negativity" is like to me. That being said, I believe that the company is on the precipice of turning a MAJOR corner with their product. What an exciting time to be a TNA fan!.

You are seeing this company grow-up before your very eyes. Look at all the character development! EC3, Kenny King, Knux, Rockstar Spud, Willow, Samuel Shaw and others. They are all delivering a character-centric portion of the product that fans are investing in. Of course there is much more to TNA than just these men, but it's quite evident that these 6 characters in particular have really taken off (some since BFG, and some more recently). They are settling in to their niche nicely and that has, in turn, helped to elevate the entire company.

It's clear that TNA is willing to present things that other companies may shy away from. These adult-oriented themes are something that Bully Ray alluded to in recent interviews. It's a sound strategy and one that should produce results. Focusing on younger performers is long overdue, even if it costs them a little bit initially in ratings and attendance. It's clear that the WWE has completely cornered the market on the children-focused sports entertainment realm of the business. That's fine. They can have their John Cena and Scooby Doo and other cartoonish items. TNA is moving towards a product that adults can enjoy and not feel foolish about watching on a weekly basis. IMPACT needs to continue to utilize their TV-14 rating, push the envelope and keep focusing on engaging adults. These characters such as a Vegas party king, a horror movie villain, a psychotic alter-ego, etc. are best for business right now.

Those character-laden parts of the show combined with the potential revitalization of the more WRESTLING-driven parts of the show should make for a nice balance of both worlds. The Wolves, Tigre Uno and Sanada are key pieces in the tag team scene and/or X-Division ranks. Add in a rumored Young Bucks (Gen-Me) team, bring back Manik full-time, get contributions from ex-TNA guys like Petey Williams and Sonjay Dutt and then things are really looking up (hopefully Bad Influence can re-sign with TNA also). It's become an annual occurrence to see a concentrated focus on the X-Division leading up to Destination X. So the closer we get to June, the more likely we are to see more X-Division-type wrestlers appearing in TNA. I'm hoping that TNA will sign one or 2 of the participants from this annual X-travaganza to create more depth and security for that title going forward. Craig Hermit wrote a great piece on the Tag Team Division, so instead of repeating a lot of what he said (which I agreed with), simply read his POV as I enjoyed it thoroughly.

So what is missing? This refined identity of having compelling characters and a revitalizing of the X-Division & Tag Team Division is nice but not all-encompassing. The main event scene seems pretty much set with the real contenders for Magnus being Roode, Joe, Bully and perhaps a returning Angle (I'm hoping for Austin Aries to be included too). Yes, EY and Abyss are in a Heavyweight Title match on Thursday but their time in the World Title picture seems short-lived. What about the mid-card? You can't bring in guys who aren't currently main-eventers, but aren't necessarily tag team or X-Division players either, without dangling some kind of carrot in front of them. Knux, Bobby Lashley, Kenny King, EC3 and others need to have a secondary title to work towards. Ideally, they'd bring the TV Title back but it seems to remain a distant memory or after-thought. So do they just hang out until the BFG Series begins? That mid-card situation needs to be addressed and rectified. And yes, we are all aware that the Knockouts Division still needs some tweaking. I am confident that the women will get the division back where it needs to be. One thing I will advise fans in this regard is to not get so obsessed with one particular woman coming in that you lose focus of what is actually going on in the ring. TNA management will bring in who they feel is worth bringing in, and they already know who is out there. The constant campaigning for one particular woman is getting borderline annoying right now.

The things I have just outlined are my thoughts and speculation on the emerging identity of TNA. However, an obviously more defined identity will soon be provided by the TNA Executive Vice President, Mr. John Gaburick, next Thursday before IMPACT airs. In unprecedented fashion, the man that we understand is basically calling the shots for the current product is going to field questions from the fans. It's amazing how transparent TNA is when it comes to interacting with their audience. Whether it's signing autographs, taking pictures with fans or talking to show-goers at LIVE events, PPV weekends and IMPACT tapings OR something else like this extensive Q & A session with upper management, TNA knocks it out of the park. Dixie Carter has also done these Q & A sessions with her previous #AskDixie Twitter events (which is something that the competition attempts to mimic and fails doing so). By the time the Big John Q & A video is over, I'm sure we will have a better idea about how Big feels about the company he works for and where things really stand with TNA going forward. Also, I suspect he will squash some of the bogus rumors that the dirtsheets have put out in recent weeks and months. TNA is not running and hiding from their critics and nay-sayers. Instead, they are taking them head-on and informing us all on the actual facts. That's something I can absolutely respect after wading though a pool of negativity (most of the IWC) that has become very tiresome and discouraging. So please, Big John, wrap up TNA's identity in a nice lil' package and put a bow on top for us.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

flashy_mcflash posted:

I've seen, watched, and noticed a lot of wrestling.

I keep hearing this in Scott Steiner's voice.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The rabidness with which TNA fans defend "their" product is astonishing. I can't imagine what sort of person thinks that that garbage is worth the vitriol and bile they spew out.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
To interrupt TNA idiots with a WCW idiot: this is a comment from Cagematch.net by "Wolfpac4Life":

"Instead of rating this whole episode of NITRO with it's angles and matches, I'd like to comment this ''Fingerpoke of Doom''-incident. Some people describe it as a ''beginning of end for WCW'', but to me, it was one of the most brilliant, PPV-caliber angles of all-time. Fans first believed that they were going to get Nash vs. Goldberg, and then Nash vs. Hogan, but instead they got a formation of the new elite nWo and one of the greatest beatdowns ever, and starpower was off the charts. Some people claim that ratings hit the downward spiral after this one, but few days later, Thunder drew a 4. 3 Nielsen rating, which was 2nd HIGHEST rating Thunder ever drew during it's history. And also NITRO next week drew 5. 0, and average rating for NITRO in December 98 was 4. 24, but after FPOD, average rating was 4. 75, so that means average rating increased 0. 51, and ratings kept stayng in average rating of 4. 0-5. 0 until April 99 when nWo angle was dropped quietly. People too keep complaining that this incident devalued WCW World title. I dispute that argument, as nWo never respected traditions or titles (as seen by spraypainted belts), so FPOD really matched with nWo ethics. And if WCW World Heavyweight title was so devalued, then why Flair vs. Hogan for title in Superbrawl 1999 drew 3nd HIGHEST buyrate of 1. 15?"

It was the nWo that put asses in seats, brother.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Rodney the Piper posted:

It was the nWo that put asses in seats, brother.

Real talk, the nWo was the only reason I ever started watching WCW.

But then again I marked for the FPoD.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Only thing I have against the Finger Poke is that DX already did it.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

coconono posted:

Only thing I have against the Finger Poke is that DX already did it.

But when DX did it, it was for a secondary title that Shawn Michaels had spent months treating like a joke.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
With Daniel Bryan's amazing victory at WM30 and a plethora of talent in NXT such as Neville, Zayn and KENTA you just might be wondering about the best way to inorporate these guys into the main event scene of WWE, especially since they don't fit into the prototypical Big Guy mold.

Well Joe Babinsack has the the answer we've all been looking for: a new mid-card belt!

quote:

There’s an interesting accumulation of talent in the WWE these days, notably with the signing of Kenta Kobayashi and Prince Devitt; two world class, lighter weight guys joining an NXT already loaded with top US indie talent.

The WWE’s development promotion is championed by a guy nicknamed “The Man that Gravity Forgot” when he was known internationally as PAC, now Adrian Neville. Other worldwide and top United States indie talents in NXT include Sami Zayn (El Generico), Solomon Crowe (Sami Callihan), and Corey Graves (Sterling James Keenan).

This accumulation reminds me of the mid-00’s when Juventud Guerrerra joined a roster that included Brian Kendrick, Paul London, Super Crazy, Funaki and Kid Cash. There was also some guy named Jamie Noble, Nunzio and a lot of others that constituted the cruiserweight division. Low Ki was around at times, and while Psicosis blows up the theme of this piece, he’s a name to include. At the time, Rey Mysterio was clearly positioned for the “main” roster.

By 2007, the WWE Cruiserweight Title went away, which in many ways was too bad, but considering the WWE, and their often inexplicable hold on logic, it was probably for the best. The promotion has long had a “big man” focus. Over the years, that’s pretty much been held as “best for business”, but times have changed.

Those who follow my opining know that bringing up the concept of weight classes and separating out highly talented guys from being mere jobbers has been a cyclical argument. That time for the argument comes around again, but not just because of the high profile signings and accumulation of talent or because the argument for MMA/boxing/wrestling logic in weight classification always makes sense or because separating out rosters based on cable TV station/name has really failed.

Above all, the concept of having a lighter weight classification is a strong one, no matter what it is called.

It could be called middleweight (with a nod to Anderson Silva) or welterweight (with a nod to Georges St. Pierre) or cruiserweight (which would only be an unlikely nod to a failed WCW). But I’m not in the WWE’s creative department, and not paid to come up with ideas, so I won’t go crazy there.

I do want to tread into the ocean of fantasy booking, suggesting the lynchpin of a re-launch of a lighter division in professional wrestling is a guy that has defied all odds and earned a spot at the top of the WWE ladder through his sheer talent and determination. Even if I’ll get the hate mail, I won’t be dissuaded by throwing out the best name to headline this division: Daniel Bryan.

All things considered and all sub-plots worked, the WWE Universe has a place for Bryan, still on the shelf, injured, and with a not-so-obvious timetable to return. What’s interesting is that The Authority, in the names of HHH and Stephanie, are positioned in a bit of a corner with their treatment the former WWE Champion. Realistically, no one (including those two) really cares how they are portrayed, and I’ll be the last one to suggest babyfacing those two, but the creative impetus is there to make the most out of Bryan’s health situation.

There should be recognition that Bryan bumping for guys 50 pounds bigger (if not more) than him is not a good, long-term situation, as well as recognition that Bryan reached the pinnacle of the sport through his own efforts, despite having all odds against him.

From a sports logic perspective, isn’t it about time that the WWE notices that pitting monsters against smaller guys just causes bad dynamics? Especially considering that Sin Cara didn’t exactly pan out (yeah, there was a personality/culture/attitude issue. Attitude…. Imagine that), and especially considering the high profile signing in Japan.

And, from a worked/shoot perspective – one that acknowledges the long term health of the roster – wouldn’t it be interesting to have Dr. Maroon or others appear to tell The Authority that the cause of Bryan’s injuries was that he was battling much larger athletes?

That leads to an interesting positioning of The Authority as always looking out for the best interests of Bryan despite the heelishness of the approach, even if they do it on multiple layers of psychology and reality. I can hope that professional wrestling is as nuanced as I believe it is, and as nuanced as the WWE pretends it is, even when it isn’t.

Wrapping up a storyline around Bryan also puts legitimacy on whatever this division is called, because mainstream fans know that Bryan is the real deal. But in terms of drama and serialized entertainment, it creates opposition and emotion at a level where storytelling ensues. It is a mixture of good guy and villain, babyface and heel, when you have the corporate interest and the personal interests of Bryan clearly at odds with legit medical input as to say that “what’s best for business” is separating guys like Bryan from Kane, John Cena and others.

Also consider the debuts of the aforementioned NXT talents. Neville isn’t jobbed out, KENTA (by any given name) is a key title challenger, and there are a number of guys who can fill out that division.

Meanwhile, one key concern is the speaking role of Kenta Kobayashi. The other concern is that he is presented as a babyface, especially for the Japanese market, and that it's positioned properly. As I’ve learned from a guy who knows more about building a babyface reputation than anyone else in the world, that’s a hard thing to do. As I’ve learned from modern pro wrestling mentality, the best approach is to make someone a heel, and turn them at the right time.

The right time should be pretty obvious to those in the know. What better way to position him in the new division than to have some manager type, already well-established on the heel side, already well-familiar with international talent, already set as a force in the WWE Universe?

Sure, this could be some new figure, some throwback to the wonderful years of managers. It could also involve an “entourage” of handlers, translators and trainers. But why not go completely crazy and suggest Paul Heyman as the mischief maker, who quickly moves in and signs Kobayashi, Fergal Devitt and others so he can dominate this new division?

In the end, I’m not so sure what the WWE will do, but I’m sure it will all be WWE-riffic in a sports entertainment sort of way, but I do think my suggestion is better than the alternative.

OctoberCountry fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jul 24, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

TL posted:

But when DX did it, it was for a secondary title that Shawn Michaels had spent months treating like a joke.

It may have been a joke belt, but he would die before he would lose that title to Davey Boy Smith!!! haha

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

OctoberCountry posted:

With Daniel Bryan's amazing victory at WM30 and a plethora of talent in NXT such as Neville, Zayn and KENTA you just might be wondering about the best way to inorporate these guys into the main event scene of WWE, especially since they don't fit into the prototypical Big Guy mold.

Well Joe Babinsack has the the answer we've all been looking for: a new mid-card belt!

His article assumes WWE would be able to book both the heavyweight division and the lightweight division equally. Spoiler: They wouldn't. The heavyweight division would be where the "real stars" are, while the lightweights have a good little spot near the bottom of the card. Even if they wanted to book it right, I don't think they'd be able to. It doesn't fit their MO.

Hell, one of the best parts about WWE right now is its lack of division. Makes match-ups that much more exciting, and doesn't pigeon-hole guys as much.

Good god, Babinsack sucks.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't mean this to be sensationalist at all - I literally believe that Joe Babinsack is, in some form, retarded.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

jesus, ive heard a lot of lovely "bring back the cruiserweights" ideas but only this chuckle gently caress would fantasy book a burial as big as "you got injured playin with the big boys so here is a division for midgets like you"

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

WITH A NOD TO ANDERSON SILVA

WITH A NOD TO GEORGES ST. PIERRE

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
lol this guy thinks that having smaller guys fight bigger opponents is a bad idea. Uhhhhh it's only been in storytelling since the BIBLE but yeah, lets not have them cross paths anymore.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't mean this to be sensationalist at all - I literally believe that Joe Babinsack is, in some form, retarded.

I don't think it would be sensationalist to suggest that Sack is retarded in every possible form.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

lol this guy thinks that having smaller guys fight bigger opponents is a bad idea. Uhhhhh it's only been in storytelling since the BIBLE but yeah, lets not have them cross paths anymore.

Those were shoots not stories.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

If David could kill Goliath with nothing more than a slingshot, then god drat it Bryan can kill Lesnar with a running knee to the face.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

quote:

From a sports logic perspective, isn’t it about time that the WWE notices that pitting monsters against smaller guys just causes bad dynamics?

Vader vs Sting/Mutoh/Inoki/HBK/pretty much everyone = bad dynamics, everybody.

(Actually Vader vs HBK kind of was a bad dynamic but for different reasons)

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jul 24, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The 'Sack is a wrestling scholar who studied under the king of babyfaces (his personal friend Bruno Sammartino) please show him the respect his authority deserves

also please send him some DVDs for free so that he can give them a positive review

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MassRafTer posted:

Look'it this mark, thinks the bible wasn't a work from bell to bell.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Even ignoring how stupid his opinions are, Babinsack's writing reads like an alien trying and failing to emulate human language.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Endorph posted:

Even ignoring how stupid his opinions are, Babinsack's writing reads like an alien trying and failing to emulate human language.
Oh, like Troll 2 then?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Perigryn posted:

Oh, like Troll 2 then?
Do you mean the plot of Troll 2 or the dialogue of Troll 2?

Either way: yes.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I loving knew that was a Babinsack article just from the headline and knew I didn't have time to read it and be pissed off at every aspect of lovely writing. God drat, Dave and Bryan have enough news content & reprints of media appearances, why the gently caress do they need to keep loving around with Babinsack's articles?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Salty Bullet Club marks are what sustain me.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The really dumb thing about adding a Cruiserweight division nowadays is that there would be lighter wrestlers who don't wrestle a light heavyweight style, and there are also a ton of guys who work really well together despite size differences so it would rob us of all those matchups. I have to say the X-Division idea was one of the few things TNA ever did right - I know they've changed it over the years, but for a time rather than a weight class it was just a different style, and promoted heavily, so the roster could shift in and out of the division at will.

BigT
Oct 22, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

The really dumb thing about adding a Cruiserweight division nowadays is that there would be lighter wrestlers who don't wrestle a light heavyweight style, and there are also a ton of guys who work really well together despite size differences so it would rob us of all those matchups. I have to say the X-Division idea was one of the few things TNA ever did right - I know they've changed it over the years, but for a time rather than a weight class it was just a different style, and promoted heavily, so the roster could shift in and out of the division at will.

I would legit be for this whole sale. It was one of the best moves WCW every did and I loved it. It made the mid cards interesting and gave you a break between the intro story line segments and the main event matches.

Right now on WWE you pretty much just watch to see Daniel Bryan, the authority, John Cena or the Shield do something in between watching matches of the same 10 wrestlers hoping one of them will get enough of a pop to shake up the main event, but generally just get Randy Orton or another ho-hum safety bet.

The tag team division had a lot of potential and during the Attitude Era was basically your cruiser-weight division in terms of diversity but now they have what...2 tag teams worth watching?
I also enjoyed the Hardcore division because it added variety though I know that wouldn't be possible in today's PG environment. That said the Cruiser weight added enough of a change to be interesting.

Having a division of a bunch of technical/high flying flippy wrestlers who don't need a feud but tell a story during matches? Hell yes. Not every wrestler has to act like a Bill Goldberg or Rock to be successful, just have a great cast that feed off each other and make the 2 hours in between fun to watch. I use to mark harder for Dean Malenko vs Chris Jericho than i did for Hogan, Goldberg or Sting a lot of the time.

At the end of the day, Wrestling is pretty similar to the cirrus, you go to see the acrobats and high risk stunts they do at the end, but they don't just give you that for 3 hours (you'd get bored), in between the main attractions you get Seals on rolling balls, and clowns throwing pies into each others faces. Same concept.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I think a Cruiserweight division as something to flesh out the undercard would be fine, just as it was in WCW. What makes the article wrong-headed is the idea that you'd segregate all the lower weight wrestlers into it and try and make it seem as important as the heavyweights, which A) is never happening in WWE because both Vince and HHH love big muscly guys and B) they're not really structured in such a way that they can have more than one top-of-the-card scene. Actual combat sports can make it seem like that primarily because not everyone is fighting all the goddamn time, so sometimes it's one belt up for a big fight and sometimes it's another.

[C) "Muscly" is an actual word. Huh.]

Of course WWE's heavy size bias means that even an undercard cruiserweights division would be hard for them to pay attention to. Like, if I had absolute power over the WWE card I'd try to move away from the old tradition of just focusing on big guys tossing each other around, but realistically that's not going to change much soon.

(Plus if you think it's bad now, try watching the 1998 Royal Rumble. That was peak "everyone looks like everyone else" saturation.)

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

Endorph posted:

Whenever I read Babinsack's writing I'm reminded of Mark Twain's takedown of James Fenimore Cooper, where he says that a writer should "use the right word, not its second cousin," and "say what he is proposing to say, not merely come near it."

Babinsack will write a sentence like this:

quote:

By 2007, the WWE Cruiserweight Title went away, which in many ways was too bad, but considering the WWE, and their often inexplicable hold on logic, it was probably for the best.

Even ignoring his poor grammar, he doesn't mean what he says here: it's not the WWE's hold that's inexplicable, it's their logic. At least, I think that's what he's trying to say?

Then he'll have a sentence like this:

quote:

But in terms of drama and serialized entertainment, it creates opposition and emotion at a level where storytelling ensues.

Where he uses the wrong word about four times in an attempt to sound intelligent. He really is a precious gift.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TNA Mecca in crisis:
http://www.tnamecca.com/2014/07/official-tna-tv-deal-discussion.html#disqus_thread

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Even by TNA fan standards it takes a special kind of neurosis to dismiss the inevitable response to the literal deathknell of the company as "typical anti-TNA haters"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Even by TNA fan standards it takes a special kind of neurosis to dismiss the inevitable response to the literal deathknell of the company as "typical anti-TNA haters"

They want to stay in their safe-space and not be exposed to people laughing at the fact that a man accidentally emailing the wrong Mike on his address book may have resulted in the death of their precious favorite wrestling company.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

They want to stay in their safe-space and not be exposed to people laughing at the fact that a man accidentally emailing the wrong Mike on his address book may have resulted in the death of their precious favorite wrestling company.

Please give me details on this.

Luke72w
Oct 28, 2011

Unlovable

Good news, guys! TNA was cancelled, boom period incoming!

Their optimism is inspiring :allears:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

TheJoker138 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3JY9Je5iHc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

Vince Russo CC'd Mike Johnson of PWI on an email instead of Mike Tenay and that's how the story broke he was "secretly" working for them. Spike said they wouldn't renew their TV deal a couple days later