Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Occ don't you dare toxx that it will be cancelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I'd like to interrupt this wonderful quasi-troll for what may be the greatest thing HBO Sports will ever put its name on.

Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com, posted:

HBO is assembling a star-studded cast for 7 Days In Hell, an original comedy movie toplined by Brooklyn Nine-Nine star Andy Samberg and Game of Thrones‘ Kit Harington. Written by Murray Miller (Girls) based on an original concept by him and Samberg, the sports mockumentary stars Samberg and Harington as fierce tennis rivals in an epic, seven-day match at 2004 Wimbledon.

[...]

Confirmed to co-star in the film so far are Fred Armisen, Lena Dunham, Will Forte, Karen Gillan, Howie Mandel, Soledad O’Brien (playing herself), Michael Sheen, Mary Steenburgen and June Squibb. Based on breakdowns I’ve seen, Samberg’s Aaron Williams is tennis’ superstar bad boy, while Brit Harington’s Charles Poole is channeling Andy Murray, a tennis prodigy and certified truck driver. Adding to their rivalry is Gillan’s supermodel Lily, Charles’ childhood friend who made a sex tape with Aaron. Steenburgen plays Charles’ psychotic and controlling mother, while Forte plays a tennis historian. Jake Szymanski (SNL) is directing.

This is based on an actual thing that happened at Wimbeldon in 2010, where John Isner and Nicholas Mahut played an 11-hour match over three days.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Can't say I see Kit Harrington doing a good job in that, or anything, but hey, Samberg.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

IRQ posted:

Can't say I see Kit Harrington doing a good job in that, or anything, but hey, Samberg.

You don't think Kit Harrington can play someone who's 6'3"?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
They should have kept up the parallels to the Isner/Mahut match, because watching Kit Harington act is about as boring as watching John Isner play tennis

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

hcreight posted:

Occ don't you dare toxx that it will be cancelled.
:toxx: If The Legend of Korra is cancelled I will do in-depth reviews of every episode of the 2013 sitcom Dads.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

God is real.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Life is amazing.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
And voices from the gather crowd shout "Jump! Jump!"

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Nickelodeon ordered four seasons of Korra before the show even started running, which was probably a really bad idea in retrospect.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is so much dumber than either of the Community toxxes, because there's already another season deep into production. So much could happen before that even makes it to air.

Also Dads seems way worse than Last Man Standing.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
What is the definition of the show being canceled in this case? I mean it's obviously not going to run forever, and the season after this one is already ordered and very deep into production.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Metropolis posted:

What is the definition of the show being canceled in this case? I mean it's obviously not going to run forever, and the season after this one is already ordered and very deep into production.

That's the issue. Does it have to get renewed for a fifth season (this won't happen, by the way)? It already got pulled from the schedule, what's left?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
You just had to go and tell everyone that Santa isn't real, didn't you?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Metropolis posted:

Probably being shuffled to an exclusive deal with either Amazon or Netflix instead of broadcast.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Based on the info the person had at the time of the toxx if there is no fifth season of Korra the toxx must be performed.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Deadpool posted:

Based on the info the person had at the time of the toxx if there is no fifth season of Korra the toxx must be performed.
Can I just get started now then? Since they had planned to end with Book 4 even if the ratings hadn't tanked?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Can I just get started now then? Since they had planned to end with Book 4 even if the ratings hadn't tanked?

Honestly I was kidding. I don't think you want to watch that show and I don't think anyone wants to read reviews of it. That's a really bad show.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Deadpool posted:

Honestly I was kidding. I don't think you want to watch that show and I don't think anyone wants to read reviews of it. That's a really bad show.
Oh okay cool.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

:toxx: If The Legend of Korra is cancelled I will do in-depth reviews of every episode of the 2013 sitcom Dads.

On one hand lol

On the other hand another shm op :smith:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Irish Joe posted:

Ginnifer Goodwin???

(if you say Jennifer Morrison I won't believe you)

There is no rational way to explain what I do and don't find attractive.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

On one hand lol

On the other hand another shm op :smith:
That reminds me, you got any plans for how you're gonna do the OP for Season 4 of Last Man Standing?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Sober posted:

I guess it's a problem for the nerd contingent then, because if you focus on too much on character in their space show (this I feel is almost universal for sci-fi but not fantasy) they will call it a "soap opera" which is laughably the dumbest thing I have heard from nerds in a long time.
To be fair that is a valid criticism of Defying Gravity which was all (very poor) interpersonal drama and the only sci-fi was that they were on a spaceship and had to return some alien baby thingy to Mars in the last 10 minutes of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8WaAyw_HYA

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com
Any Trailer Park Boys fans in the thread? At one point, I saw a clip of the three stars interviewing "themselves" - their characters - but I cannot find the clip online anywhere. Does anyone know what I'm referring to?

edit Found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m97HE5U91VM

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 25, 2014

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hey so in Star Trek do you think the Cardassians represent the Nazis or Israelis.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nazis duh but politically more fascist Italy imo

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Mu Zeta posted:

Hey so in Star Trek do you think the Cardassians represent the Nazis or Israelis.

Neither, they're representative of Armenians. Clearly you haven't watched the spinoff "Keeping Up with the Cardassians."

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mu Zeta posted:

They're Quarians, obviously.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

I thought the common "it's the JEWS!!!! :freep:" Trek race was the Ferengi?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

IRQ posted:

I thought the common "it's the JEWS!!!! :freep:" Trek race was the Ferengi?

Yeah, but whiny entitled liberals are really angry at Israel right now for some reason.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Irish Joe posted:

Yeah, but whiny entitled liberals are really angry at Israel right now for some reason.

Oh Irish Joe :3:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

When I think of the Bajorans I think of them using terrorist tactics like killing Cardassian civilians and children. But then again the Cardassians have kind of badass uniforms like the Nazis.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like Amazon is the latest to try and turn The Man in the High Castle into a TV show with Ridley Scott. It was previously shipped around to BBC and Syfy but neither of them bit the bullet.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

muscles like this? posted:

Looks like Amazon is the latest to try and turn The Man in the High Castle into a TV show with Ridley Scott. It was previously shipped around to BBC and Syfy but neither of them bit the bullet.
This has to be due to the success of Wolfenstein.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Who here is pumped for Epic Meal Empire

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Oh great we're giving the internet real TV shows now?

This is all your fault Hardwick.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The Bajorans are the Narn of DS9. Glad to help.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

hcreight posted:

Oh great we're giving the internet real TV shows now?

This is all your fault Hardwick.

Its on some "FYI" channel. I wouldn't exactly call that real.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Can't believe nobody bothered to make a Masters of Sex thread for season 2. Pretty good show if you can get past the Mary Sue main character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
....huh? Do you mean Virginia?

• Locked thread