Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

NTT posted:

lmao I didn't want to surrender so my team kicked me, I get handed a 24 hour ban.

You are kind of an rear end in a top hat if one of your teammates leave and you don't surrender. They honestly should just add the "safe to leave" crap from DotA2 where comp games stop counting if there's an early leave and games can end early (slash go safe to leave) if people rage/etc

You're really not doing anyone favors by forcing them to continue to play with you. Especially when the "them" is your entire team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

down with slavery posted:

You are kind of an rear end in a top hat if one of your teammates leave and you don't surrender. They honestly should just add the "safe to leave" crap from DotA2 where comp games stop counting if there's an early leave and games can end early (slash go safe to leave) if people rage/etc

You're really not doing anyone favors by forcing them to continue to play with you. Especially when the "them" is your entire team.

What if you can win 4v5 and the 3 people on your team are just being whiny babies

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Minorkos posted:

What if you can win 4v5 and the 3 people on your team are just being whiny babies

Unfortunately, as I've learned quite well, an army of whiny babies can overcome a well reasoned argument. Not only that, you'll probably be called an rear end in a top hat after the fact.

Also,

NtotheTC posted:

"welcome to matchmaking. get some friends"

down with slavery fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 24, 2014

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Minorkos posted:

"welcome to matchmaking. get some friends"

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

No we're talking about it because someone is going "why is CS CPU-bound when every other game is GPU-bound" when that's just some bullshit they read off of a steam forums post and have literally no idea what they are talking about.

What I am is literally about to defend a PhD on CPU performance, but ad hominem away. Valve just implemented a feature that tells you their game is setting your CPU on fire, which wouldn't be necessary unless the CPU was being heavily taxed. Also, you seem to think "CPU bound" means "bad", when it's not a value judgment at all: even the theoretical best engine ever will be either CPU or GPU bound on a given system.

Finally, you seem too angry, so I'll stop commenting about this.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

NTT posted:

lmao I didn't want to surrender so my team kicked me, I get handed a 24 hour ban.

You must get kicked a lot.

Regarding surrender-chat. Screw that, I'm not surrendering. You have to sit here with me and lose. That's how it works.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Just got overwatch. I really don't know enough about how cheats work to select guilty on anything that isn't completely blatant. Any advice on what to look for? Out of 10 cases I looked at only one was blatant. 2 were highly suspect but not B.A.R.D. Both of them were very similar. They got 3 or 4 crazy headshots while moving at full speed and spraying. They'd be moving , get shot from behind and 180 while still moving and start spraying. A couple of body hits and then a HS. It looked super fishy but not enough for me to smash them with my hammer of justice.

Or is overwatch just to weed out the blatant ones or what?

bpower fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 24, 2014

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKDeiMD9a7w

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
The reason valve released a CS:GO patch adding a console command to see if your CPU being throttled improperly is clearly because people are experiencing GPU related performance issues when trying to play CS:GO.
:goonsay:

bpower posted:

Or is overwatch just to weed out the blatant ones or what?

Pretty much yeah. But really if you think someone is hacking then just vote that they are hacking it doesn't really matter.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
A lot of people have the "guilty unless proven otherwise" attitude in overwatch. Come on, don't be like them.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

astr0man posted:

But really if you think someone is hacking then just vote that they are hacking it doesn't really matter.

Because they'll weight by opinion lowly if I continually get it wrong, or just overwatch doesn't matter?

edit: /\/\/\ Yeah I want to do it well or I just wont bother.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

bpower posted:

Because they'll weight by opinion lowly if I continually get it wrong, or just overwatch doesn't matter?

No one knows.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I'm glad the requirements to get overwatch are so high.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

mcvey posted:

I was a CAL AC admin way back in the day. Seems like the same structure, but somehow a lot worse.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

mcvey posted:

I still haven't gotten it so they must be doing something right

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Uh, Overwatch doesn't actually ban anyone, right? It just uses crowd sourcing to filter out the ones which are obviously not cheating so that an actual anticheat team can look at it, right? So that the anticheat teams have less "omg, this person is hacking because he killed me" cheating cases.

If that's the case, and it does go to another AC team who decides whether to ban or not, then it makes sense to say guilty even if you just suspect it.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/overwatch/

It looks like a pretty good system. Other than making the requirements to get overwatch more strict Im not sure how they could improve it.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Is there a section anywhere on setting up colours/graphics settings to make it easier to spot people? I often end up in a "where the christ was he?" situation after dying because he was blending in almost perfectly with a wicker basket/in bloom or similar.

VVV Thanks! Ugly as sin but I can see people now

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 24, 2014

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

NtotheTC posted:

Is there a section anywhere on setting up colours/graphics settings to make it easier to spot people? I often end up in a "where the christ was he?" situation after dying because he was blending in almost perfectly with a wicker basket/in bloom or similar.

All graphics settings on low except for shadows, Digital vibrance(or the AMD equivalent shrug) at 100%.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

mcvey posted:

Digital vibrance(or the AMD equivalent shrug)

display colour-> saturation.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

bpower posted:

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/overwatch/

It looks like a pretty good system. Other than making the requirements to get overwatch more strict Im not sure how they could improve it.

Yeah, given that there's no shitstorm about false positives but there's plenty people describing bans, I reckon it's been pretty successful.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
Pretty sure CS:GO is soundcard bound.

I got a new f4tal1ty nosc0pe soundblaster pro edition and my fps went from 5 to a hundred thousand.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
You're probably lagging because you don't have a superawesome gamer's only mouse and keyboard, complete with csgo decals.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Go BEEFY or Go Home :smug: :pcgaming:

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I think down with slavery is right because his posts are really long and angry

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

AugmentedVision posted:

I think down with slavery is right because his posts are really long and angry

you should probably not read them hth

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!

mcvey posted:

All graphics settings on low except for shadows, Digital vibrance(or the AMD equivalent shrug) at 100%.

do you manually change this every time you launch csgo? This looks weird

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Mesothelioma posted:

You can set per-app settings in catalyst/whatever nvidia are doing.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Mesothelioma posted:

Yeah pretty much.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

set your graphics to EGA mode if you're getting low FPS

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

kaschei posted:

You can set per-app settings in catalyst/whatever nvidia are doing.

You can't do that for saturation (or digital vibrance, as nvidia calls it). There are a few external utilities to automate it though.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

Mesothelioma posted:

If it makes you feel any better increasing the saturation of your monitor is about as likely to improve your skills as is playing on a 128 tick server or pooping two times a day instead of three.

edit. Also be sure to put electrical tape over any opening in your playing area that might allow ambient light in so you're maximizing the contrast ratio

down with slavery fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 24, 2014

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Sure does make the game look more colorful, which is a plus.

We could all use SweetFX and get VAC nuked. Then we don't have to worry about the game anymore!

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Mesothelioma posted:

VibranceGUI
Automating NVIDIAs Digitial Vibrance Control for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive http://vibrance.pushre.de/

Xenaero posted:

Sure does make the game look more colorful, which is a plus.

We could all use SweetFX and get VAC nuked. Then we don't have to worry about the game anymore!

I used it for a few months last year, I'm pretty sure it won't lead to a VAC ban.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

I used it for a few months last year, I'm pretty sure it won't lead to a VAC ban.
No idea about VAC, but ESEA has banned people for using SweetFX.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

If it makes you feel any better increasing the saturation of your monitor is about as likely to improve your skills as is playing on a 128 tick server or pooping two times a day instead of three.

edit. Also be sure to put electrical tape over any opening in your playing area that might allow ambient light in so you're maximizing the contrast ratio

It will improve your results (I assume you mean results rather than skills) if your colours are washed out by default. I sometimes forget to apply my settings before the game and I'll notice my reactions are a bit slow, like it takes an extra few milliseconds for my brain to go "there's a dude, get him". Or as someone said earlier I just simply won't see a guy crouched behind those baskets on d2 A.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I refuse to believe that anyone here is improving their play with this.

If we have two world champions in CS, they might feel the need to ooze that last drop of diffence with these.

Other than that, I'd hit the MM with all the time you are screwing around with settings.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Vahakyla posted:

If we have two world champions in CS, they might feel the need to ooze that last drop of diffence with these.

Other than that, I'd hit the MM with all the time you are screwing around with settings.
It's also a psychological/placebo effect which can't be understated. "I think I will do better with this" therefore I will do better with this. If digital vibrance, a 400 dollar headset, or the specific way you sit in your chair so your Cheetos don't fall out of your lap makes you play better, then who the gently caress cares.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Here is my terrible double knife kill from tonight.

http://www.gfycat.com/DenseCelebratedAnteater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Vahakyla posted:

Better visibility doesn't help now?? especially in a game as washed out as CSGO? I've seen lots of pros use it on stream and it takes no time to set up.
Screwing with settings = 1 second to pull up a menu and change a slider. So demanding.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 25, 2014

• Locked thread