Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Alouicious posted:

Oh, the Devils favorite demon?

no, he's just The Demon Kane now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Cardboard Box posted:

no, he's just The Demon Kane now.

He called himself the devils favorite demon at Battleground!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Del Raminos posted:

They should hire stunt cameramen for Reigns to bowl over on the way

At a recent PPV, a cameraman actually got in the way, but Reigns was able to dodge him and grunted out a "Watch out" as he passed. It was pretty awesome.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The Demon* Kane.

*The Devil's favorite demon, actually!

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

Is Kane one of Scott Hall`s demons?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Del Raminos posted:

They should hire stunt cameramen for Reigns to bowl over on the way

I remember them doing this in I think it was a Taker cage match, a huge guy on the inside with a camcorder on his shoulder got in his way and ate a chokeslam (I think)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

omgomgomg posted:

Is Kane one of Scott Hall`s demons?

he's like a distant fifth in the hierarchy tho

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Kane represents Scott Halls fear of fake hair.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

DeathChicken posted:

Man, I remember when he first did that and everyone on here was like "Holy gently caress, Reigns just kung-fu kicked someone to death."

Oh I said it just like everyone else, but it is hard to break something like that out every match without inducing massive eyerolls. And like Renaissance Spam said it works better as a tag move.

edit

Really any location dependent move should not be done every match. Well, that is my JR rant of the week!

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

The real problem is that Reigns doesn't have much of a move set outside of his 4 moves of doom so he just busts them out every match and he's boring to watch in singles matches. When all he has to do is hot tag and run wild he's fine but he's getting pretty badly exposed right now.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

For some reason Reigns dropkick doesn't piss me off as much as Orton's second rope DDT. I think I just hate that move because Kofi demonstrated that the counter to it is "take your feet off the ropes."

Metalocalypse
Jul 29, 2006
CM Punk continues to be the happiest man alive, and is slowly going insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bglGKoFHBLs#t=190

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Punk is a nerd, I'm glad bigger nerd Batista threw him out.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Punk is a nerd, I'm glad bigger nerd Batista threw him out.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

"I'm dressed as an anime!"

Luneshot fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jul 26, 2014

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Luneshot posted:

Punk's dead to me.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Roman Reigns posted:

Punk's dead to me.

Punk died in '96 with Joe Dick.

matrocious
Feb 7, 2011

Shima Honnou posted:

The Demon* Kane.

Isn't he still and executive? Show some respect

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Good for Michael Hayes getting out there too.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
As much as I'd love to see Punk in another match I'm loving his retirement stuff. Dude is legit entertaining.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Best in the world.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

hmm i agree

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Shima Honnou posted:

If we can force Cena to wear a tank top and get a blonde flat top (Shouldn't be hard, just bring up Vanilla Ice), he's pretty much Guile already.

Guile and Ken's wives are sisters, so there you go.

Why, yes, I do know far too much about the Street Fighter backstory.

Going back to the Miz thing, Miz's career torpedoed based on really three things.

1) The Wrestlemania match. He got Jericho'd in that despite being the defending champ at the main event of the biggest show of the year, the feud was about the challenger vs. a non-participant and there was absolutely no way Miz could look good. It was only slightly better than Triple H/Jericho in that it actually led to matches that made money. Miz did his best going into it (ie. when he showed up dressed as the Rock as a fakeout), but nothing about the show did him any favors other than giving him a major "on paper" win to brag about.

2) The Passion of the Cena match. It's okay to get a decisive win to end a feud, but this went well over the line and took away all of Miz's remaining main event credibility. He was still over, though. Enough that Alex Riley was briefly getting good reactions for no reason other than opposing Miz (the Virgil Effect). Presumably, Miz could have worked his way back to where he was.

3) The weeks surrounding Survivor Series. Miz was able to save face by teaming up with R-Truth and playing off of him extremely well. Their "epiphany" promo still makes me laugh and they were doing some interesting stuff until they were tossed into the Cena/Rock tag match. Hell, that would have been fine in itself, but then days before the show, Cena was able to beat them up singlehandedly, making the match pointless. Then the next night, Cena tricked them into turning on each other for the sake of writing R-Truth off TV for a month. After that, it was over for Miz.

It didn't help that he never evolved his character in any way, especially when he turned face. Now he's actually evolved his character and it's working. Now Del Rio needs to do the same.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

What was the Passion of the Cena match? I forget.

But yeah, that Wrestlemania match was BAD. Not just for Miz but for everyone. The fact that they thought that whole thing was a good idea baffles me. They torpedoed the whole Wrestlemania main event for next year's.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 27, 2014

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Remember when Triple H charged them half a million bucks for interfering in a match

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

BigRed0427 posted:

Cena/Miz I Quit match

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

BigRed0427 posted:

Miz vs. Cena I Quit Match. Miz and Riley beat the poo poo out of Cena, handcuffed him, etc. Totally one-sided, ending with them playing a recorded message of Cena saying, "I quit." The ref figured it out and the match was restarted with Cena putting Miz in the STF and making him quit.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The problem with John Cena: He's an overdog they sell as an underdog.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Given the positive PR this brings, this has to protect Bryan's push if he can ever come back right?

Bryan's push is protected by the fact that he's hugely over with the crowd, insanely dedicated to his job, exceptionally good as a wrestler, was already getting plenty of mainstream coverage for the company even before this, sells lots of merchandise, lives a clean and positive lifestyle, and appears to be a genuinely good human being.

Metalocalypse posted:

CM Punk continues to be the happiest man alive, and is slowly going insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bglGKoFHBLs#t=190

"I'm an anime!" oh Punk :allears:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Shima Honnou posted:

The Demon* Kane.

The Devil's Favorite The Demon Kane

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan's push is protected by the fact that he's hugely over with the crowd, insanely dedicated to his job, exceptionally good as a wrestler, was already getting plenty of mainstream coverage for the company even before this, sells lots of merchandise, lives a clean and positive lifestyle, and appears to be a genuinely good human being.

Yeah, this. News like this helps, but it's not a reason.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Luneshot posted:

The Neon Genesis Evangelion, Yoshi Tatsu CM Punk!

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Jerusalem posted:

That's all well and good but he's still just a B+ player.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

Jerusalem posted:

But he's short.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Valeyard posted:

hmm i agree

stop posting valeyard

Jerusalem posted:

yeah Bryan's pretty much made at this point, he'll never be the tippy-top guy but I think he'll always be in the mix.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jul 27, 2014

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Daniel Bryan posted:

The problem with John Cena: He's an overdog they sell as an underdog.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Jeff Jarrett's new promotion sure is weird...

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Mods, please rename me Arglbargle Press, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Arglebargle Press really should be the actual name of that move

• Locked thread