Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Found this on imgur:

It was posted there because it was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Aside from the rear end-crack in the deer face, I don't see what you're getting at.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lord Frisk posted:

Aside from the rear end-crack in the deer face, I don't see what you're getting at.

The animals' faces and anatomy, the trees, the line work (and in many areas, lack of), take your pick.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer
The jay looks really nice but the deer's face looks more like an origami dog and the trees are a 4th grader's afterthought. Also the lack of darker shading to add depth to the pinecones, which is a nitpicky easy fix.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

I thought that was nice when I saw it on Imgur. Not perfect but still p nice, especially considering the poo poo normally shown in this thread.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

JoelJoel posted:

Whoa, is that a camel? A jellyfish? Maybe a buggalo? That strange beast could be anything.

Common Brushtail Possum?

Howmuch
Apr 29, 2008

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

It looks like fleas are feasting on just that one section of his leg.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm fine with that deer tattoo, but I did notice that one of the trees is looking down and just absolutely screaming over what he's seeing.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

This one is great imo

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I can still tell it's a cat.

caramelbread
Jul 29, 2011

The hashtag "girlswithtattoos" on instagram is a gold mine!

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

At first glance, the position of the hair curl makes it look like she's got one giant nipple

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DorkusMalorkus posted:

At first glance, the position of the hair curl makes it look like she's got one giant nipple

In timg form it looks like a goth fetus

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

This is a Swedish alt-comic artist's style. Can't remember her name, but she draws those cat creatures and it's really meaningful or something.

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

The notebook doodle looks way better than the tattoo.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

caramelbread posted:

Shut up, that is glorious. Perhaps not quite so much in execution, but glorious.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

strangemusic posted:

Shut up, that is glorious. Perhaps not quite so much in execution, but glorious.

That has to be ball-point pen. :smith:

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

I can't figure out what body part I'm looking at here. Thoughts?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Physique not intimidating enough? Get some tattoos.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

confused posted:

It's a cat dumbass

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

confused posted:

Pretty sure it's the inside of the left calf.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

OctoberBlues posted:

It's a cat dumbass

Is that connected to the dog fuckface?

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Say Nothing posted:

Physique not intimidating enough? Get some tattoos.

I'm pretty sure its a dog on his back, but the tribal within the dogs nose looks like a sad face and that's all I can see. And I guess he's too big where he can't reach the tag on his ~AUTHENTIC~ Dickies shorts?

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

caramelbread posted:

Tegaderm on a kitchen wizard piece :allears:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Cross posting from the awesome tattoo thread. I am posting here because i don't want to overlook something and you goons are pretty good about ripping poo poo up. I've mentioned this dude (Tony Insley) before and no one had feedback on him in the other thread. Looking through his portfolio, is there any reason I shouldn't go with this dude? Tattoo idea is a Patron Saint type picture with possible realistic portrait (still torn on that part).
http://www.devilleink.com/tony_insley.html

http://instagram.com/tony_insley

Jisae
Oct 1, 2004

What a bargain!

bulletsponge13 posted:

Cross posting from the awesome tattoo thread. I am posting here because i don't want to overlook something and you goons are pretty good about ripping poo poo up. I've mentioned this dude (Tony Insley) before and no one had feedback on him in the other thread. Looking through his portfolio, is there any reason I shouldn't go with this dude? Tattoo idea is a Patron Saint type picture with possible realistic portrait (still torn on that part).
http://www.devilleink.com/tony_insley.html

http://instagram.com/tony_insley

His Instagram account definitely has his most recent work. Now, speaking as an artist myself, his portfolio is all over the place, and his quality is hit or miss. You always judge an artist on their worst work, and through my scrutiny his worst work includes wobbly lines in his traditional work, and fudged anatomy and shading in his realistic work. I'm really nitpicking this guy, but if I were the one choosing whether or not this guy tattoos me, I'd say no.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Jisae posted:

His Instagram account definitely has his most recent work. Now, speaking as an artist myself, his portfolio is all over the place, and his quality is hit or miss. You always judge an artist on their worst work, and through my scrutiny his worst work includes wobbly lines in his traditional work, and fudged anatomy and shading in his realistic work. I'm really nitpicking this guy, but if I were the one choosing whether or not this guy tattoos me, I'd say no.

Thanks-I noticed on some of his traditional and simple stuff had some skewed lines but his portraits were pretty good. I really want to get another tattoo, but don't want to rush in like I have before (and ended with bad tattoos) and I know the dude through my work and he is generally a cool dude.
Related question- anyone know anyone who I should use in the Baltimore Area? I asked in the other thread and was told to ship down to DC, which I really don't want to do.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I like Chuck at Body FX Tattoos. The shop is in Elkridge though.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

bulletsponge13 posted:

Thanks-I noticed on some of his traditional and simple stuff had some skewed lines but his portraits were pretty good. I really want to get another tattoo, but don't want to rush in like I have before (and ended with bad tattoos) and I know the dude through my work and he is generally a cool dude.
Related question- anyone know anyone who I should use in the Baltimore Area? I asked in the other thread and was told to ship down to DC, which I really don't want to do.

I am extremely not into this one: http://instagram.com/p/lteVhoFgV8. I know some people to go to Tattoo Dynasty up in Joppa, and Rick there seems to be pretty solid. You also have the Baltimore Tattoo Museum and Saints and Sinners.

That said, I'm the one who said to go to DC, and you could get to Tattoo Paradise in Wheaton or Rockville for an extra 45-ish minutes. I just don't want you to rule out that area. Even if you're up in Harford or Cecil, this is going to be on you forever and an extra hour could be worth it in the long run.

Edit: ^^ This face, though...

defectivemonkey has a new favorite as of 18:31 on Jul 27, 2014

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

detectivemonkey posted:

Edit: ^^ This face, though...

One of her breasts is defying gravity.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

The "8 mile" really makes it.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

One of her breasts is defying gravity.

Braless, at that. She would be my dream woman if her lips and right eye weren't falling off her face.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

:gop:

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Well, at least it's not short-sighted. :downs:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

"I am a college student in my 3rd year of instruction.
Pizza sounds pretty good tonight.
It's 5:50 PM."

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

The capital "C" on credit made me think that it was going to have phrase worked into the tattoo using the first letter of each line. I was disappointed.

Kind like this:

Apparently it's called an acrostic.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

And some actual tattoos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

"I am a college student in my 3rd year of instruction.
Pizza sounds pretty good tonight.
It's 5:50 PM."

Close, but Junior ROTC is High School level.
Think about that.

Detectivemonkey, I will check them out. I haven't completely ruled out DC, I just hate that area.

• Locked thread