Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Heh check out these casuals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Alright the 'heh good job Caring more than I do, loser' poo poo got old the first time it was said by some middle school pubstar. We're better than this, goons.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Necc0 posted:

Alright the 'heh good job Caring more than I do, loser' poo poo got old the first time it was said by some middle school pubstar. We're better than this, goons.

What's the best sensitivity for posting in this thread?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Necc0 posted:

Wanna 1v1 me, bro?

Pomp and Circumcized fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jul 28, 2014

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
What's your sub.io rank, scrub?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
My GP score is like 0.5 I think.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

You guys posting like cal-o I'm posting like cal-im.

I miss cal.

e: For the uninitiated thats when e-sports were played by cyberatheletes.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 28, 2014

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Necc0 posted:

Step off brah

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

ZypherIM posted:

dozens if not hundreds of hours

:shobon:

Most of the regular posters in this thread have numbers in the thousands. Even more so when you add in time across source and 1.6

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

astr0man posted:

Most of the regular posters in this thread have numbers in the thousands.

We're not talking about your dota2 hours, astro.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I covet skins like a motherfucker. Can't help it. If I unboxed a fancy knife I'd busrt into tears.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

astr0man posted:

:shobon:

Most of the regular posters in this thread have numbers in the thousands. Even more so when you add in time across source and 1.6

And we're still trash. CS is a motherfucker.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Over 2000 hours and I'm still only a loving DMG.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Ever since The Great Correction it's been my goal to climb back to DMG. Now that I'm there I'm happy. It's as easy as that. Eagle would be nice but eh. :effort:

Texibus
May 18, 2008
I just like having a gun beside my name but I'm also a filthy casual.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
The secret to mist was to buy shotguns and p90s. Do these changes change that? The way it was laid out also made it so you could be like a gorilla in the jungle and beast on people with movement alone. I've never lost a match on mist and I've played 3 out of my ~26 wins at single eagle rank. I had a 40 kill ct half vs 3 nerds with the rank right below global elite. My only complaint for old mist would just be that it's extremely difficult to find the bomb once it's dropped, and the layers make sounds difficult to distinguish the location of but that is mostly due to GO's sound engine being poo poo compared to previous entries in the series. It's otherwise a fun pug map, although I doubt it'd ever be adopted by the competitive community because it's pretty much shotgun city and plays nothing like any of the real maps. It's well thought out and caters to GO besides the sound/bomb location issue, it doesn't make me hate the game like insertion or half of the ported maps where I'm stuck thinking "this map & game are poo poo" or "I really wish this was 1.6". You could be an action awper from CT side, that one angle on the catwalks is fun as hell to awp from. Also tower was a death trap for CTs so I don't really get why it was removed. I guess it was too casual or something.

That map was probably the most fun I had playing GO. Honorable second mention goes to cache, which is also a good GO map that I enjoy playing that only makes me think I suck at the game.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 28, 2014

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
I haven't played GO for a few months now and when I come back my rank is gone. I was Master Guardian II, but I played only one game yesterday and it ranked me to Master Guardian Elite. I guess what my question is once the ranking system 'removes' your rank does it place you with players at the skill level you were playing at but only calculate what rank you'll get based on that new, singulat game or was I already close to ranking up anyway and it just calculated based on history as usual and my rank was just invisible for no real reason?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Skeleton King posted:

I haven't played GO for a few months now and when I come back my rank is gone. I was Master Guardian II, but I played only one game yesterday and it ranked me to Master Guardian Elite. I guess what my question is once the ranking system 'removes' your rank does it place you with players at the skill level you were playing at but only calculate what rank you'll get based on that new, singulat game or was I already close to ranking up anyway and it just calculated based on history as usual and my rank was just invisible for no real reason?

You were already close anyways. My personal theory for why they 'expire' your rank is due to some people dropping out of MM completely when they play on private servers (goonmen) or join something like ESEA. When you do that there's a chance you'll be significantly better so may as well hide your rank for a little bit just to avoid frustrating other players as your old rank is no longer accurate.

deck
Jul 13, 2006

Khorne posted:

I love Mist

Running around with a MAG-7 or Sawed Off is guaranteed fun on mist, as long as you stay off the catwalk snipe lines. Apparently spending 2 minutes learning the map layout offline is too much work for 95% of the playerbase, so have fun wrecking everyone.

For a fun time, read the poo poo-talk streaming from the comments about this map on the workshop:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=236706599

"I lost on this map multiple times in a row, because I didn't bother to learn it, so it is objectively a bad map. Also, the tactical intricacies I've developed from playing Dust2 for 15 years aren't instantly apparent on this map I've never seen before, so it is bad."

"This map is so CT-sided you are a loving idiot."

"This map is so T-sided you should not make maps fgt."

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Necc0 posted:

You were already close anyways. My personal theory for why they 'expire' your rank is due to some people dropping out of MM completely when they play on private servers (goonmen) or join something like ESEA. When you do that there's a chance you'll be significantly better so may as well hide your rank for a little bit just to avoid frustrating other players as your old rank is no longer accurate.

I stopped MM for a few months, came back, won my placement match and was placed 1 rank lower. Explain.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

I stopped MM for a few months, came back, won my placement match and was placed 1 rank lower. Explain.

It ranked you up by accident before and was just hoping you wouldn't notice.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

When your rank disappears it's still there, it will still consider you whatever you were before. It only shows up again once you win another game.

As for ranking up on that one game, you could have earned it legit or it might be one of those "played against hacker" corrections.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Man, watching NaVi and LC on D2 was pretty good. Too bad about the DDoS. That 180 headshot by rainz in upper tuns was absolutely out of this world.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Gentlemen, can anyone tell me what's the simplest way to extract the audio files used by CS:GO, preferably as .wavs or .mp3s?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Deagle team is a grand idea. I will be joining and hopefully winning.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I finally went ahead and got an alt account and I played a couple of matches on it last night just to see how I did against a bunch of silvers. First game I stomped all over them and second game I top fragged, but we still lost. I still think I'm trash but it was so nice to AWP ace the opposing team in the second game because of the crazy amount of shittalk they spewed forth (a big reason why I hate gamers). However, I mainly created it for the DeagLeague, which I am quite excited for and my Vibes are off the charts.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Gentlemen, can anyone tell me what's the simplest way to extract the audio files used by CS:GO, preferably as .wavs or .mp3s?

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/GCFScape

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Many thanks.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Deagle team is a grand idea.

Knife team was better.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

augustob posted:

Ask anyone in the group, they can all invite people!

How? Add as friend first?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

bpower posted:

How? Add as friend first?

They don't even have to be your steam friend. Assuming you are in chat you can just right click the person who needs an invite and "Invite to group >> CS:GOONS"

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
Oh yeah, last time I was looking at this thread people here were on a grand quest to drop themselves to silver 1 and see what horrors lurked. did they make it and what happened if they did

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

bpower posted:

Are entry conditions purely vibe-based or do you need to be pretty good?

Anyone can join, but you're expected to try once you're in. Deag League plays to win. With deags.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

We did. The players were bad.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

astr0man posted:

They don't even have to be your steam friend. Assuming you are in chat you can just right click the person who needs an invite and "Invite to group >> CS:GOONS"

I am the dude who needs an invite, so I just hang out in chat till a member shows up?

augustob posted:

Anyone can join, but you're expected to try once you're in. Deag League plays to win. With deags.

For sure.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Just join the chat and say "I need an invite" and someone will send you one eventually. I've never seen the chat room completely empty.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Skeleton King posted:

Oh yeah, last time I was looking at this thread people here were on a grand quest to drop themselves to silver 1 and see what horrors lurked. did they make it and what happened if they did

Yeah, I did. The last 2 ranks took a long time to get, I just couldn't throw hard enough to lose games at the really low ranks.

I brought that account up to DMG from there, and now i'm on my way back down again (silver v)

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

At the lower ranks, the line between throwing hard enough to lose but not hard enough to get kicked becomes thinner and thinner. In the end, you'll need a few dedicated smurfs to lose those last few ranks.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Just hook up a 2nd computer with another csgo alt and queue with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Is it weird that I literally don't give a poo poo about my rank?

• Locked thread