Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vimeo Of The Day: A GoPro duct-taped to a car wheel going slow at first and then up to 45mph.
https://vimeo.com/101358524

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Vimeo Of The Day: A GoPro duct-taped to a car wheel going slow at first and then up to 45mph.
https://vimeo.com/101358524

GoPro: Beyond the Infinite.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
What in the gently caress is this human garbage festival:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxa0iVgGmtU&t=59s

e: Thank god, I realized it is satire after continuing. And now I can't stop laughing, but am also ashamed of not realizing this sooner.

Rooney McNibnug fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 28, 2014

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

CloseFriend posted:

Remember not to listen to anything until you hear :doink:. Anything before that is inadmissible.

Normally yes, but it is sometimes admissible if the Judge replies "I'll allow it."

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Rooney McNibnug posted:

What in the gently caress is this human garbage festival:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxa0iVgGmtU&t=59s

Harry Shearer doing a mediocre Christopher Guest riff.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Oh man, History Of White People In America is funny as all get out. Martin Mull was a hilarious motherfucker.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Timby posted:

I turn 30 on Thursday. :suicide:

Be strong. :respek:

I turned 30 in March and I'm still depressed about it. Finding gray hair is the loving worst.

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado

Castor Poe posted:

I turned 30 in March and I'm still depressed about it. Finding gray hair is the loving worst.

my wife incessantly mocks me whenever she finds gray hairs on me.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

morestuff posted:

Harry Shearer doing a mediocre Christopher Guest riff.

The gently caress?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Timby posted:

I turn 30 on Thursday. :suicide:

Just end it all now, nobody ever achieved anything past the age of 28.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Castor Poe posted:

I've had facial hair since I was ... 20 or so, and I've been coloring it due to some hair that is white as snow since I was 22.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
That's dumb don't color it. Who cares. Geez man

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Castor Poe posted:

I've had very obvious gray hairs popping up ever since I was 25.

But I'm also the only male in my immediate family who hasn't gone bald by the age of 25. So I'm gonna go ahead and call that one a win.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I turned 27 on the 27th and got married but am woefully underemployed (I have a Master's) and getting into increasingly worse debt to stay alive.

That's basically a wash, I suppose.

And despite my debt I bought The Mummy (Brendan Fraser version) because I had 7 bucks in my wallet and it was 7 bucks and I thought, "yeah."

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Castor Poe posted:

ive had greys since high school

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Beyond sane knolls posted:

The gently caress?

Just meant Harry Shearer directing something in the mockumentary style. I understand those are all collaborative, and Shearer is a part of that, but Guest usually gets mastermind credit.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Timby posted:

I've had facial hair since I was ... 20 or so, and I've been coloring it due to some hair that is white as snow since I was 22.

With your ancient years you should have by now realised that other people only care about that stuff as far as you care about it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Timby posted:

Salt and pepper beards look dope. I mean, do what makes you feel good, but you COULD be looking like this:

(I'm assuming the dyed beard is the only thing keeping you from lookin' like Affleck)

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

i frost the tips of my beard it keeps me young

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I've been going grey since my late 20s (technically since high school, but late 20s was where they really started to come out). I figure in three or four years I'll be completely grey, and I'm cool with it. I'm almost certainly never going bald, so I figure it gives me an extra twenty years of the silver fox look.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
slice of life: I have been locked in this house for a day and a half, there's ghetto bars on the doors and windows so i physically cannot leave without the key. gently caress this gay earth.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

SALT CURES HAM posted:

slice of life: I have been locked in this house for a day and a half, there's ghetto bars on the doors and windows so i physically cannot leave without the key. gently caress this gay earth.

This is pretty good satire

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Call a locksmith.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

John Slattery from Mad Men is the best example of a silver fox that I know. He rocks the hell out of it.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Jesus dude, what part of New Orleans are you in? The ghetto?

(I realize this applies to probably 50% of New Orleans.)

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I am being 100% serious

e: anyone know a cheap locksmith in New Orleans? I don't have much cash on me

e2: Treme area, so yeah, the ghetto

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Timby posted:

Who the heck didn't start growing a beard when they were like 14?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

You're in prison, aren't you?

Paul Newman and Steve Martin were grey silver foxes as well.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
No play for Mr. Grey.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

How do you get locked...inside of a house?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Literally The Worst posted:

Who the heck didn't start growing a beard when they were like 14?

People who won't be balding in their 30's.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Fat Lou posted:

The bars on the front door won't open without a key, the owner of the key hosed off yesterday and isn't answering their phone or texts.

e: taking bets on the likelihood that this will end with grizzled 40-year-old me being dumped out on the street, eating a live octopus, and beating a bunch of dudes up with a hammer

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Fat Lou posted:

The Big House.

Alternatively, are you absolutely sure you're not on the outside of the house, trying to get in, and got confused?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

People who won't be balding in their 30's.

:smith:

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

SALT CURES HAM posted:

The bars on the front door won't open without a key, the owner of the key hosed off yesterday and isn't answering their phone or texts.

It is not your house right? Well, completely gently caress it up. Or call the cops.

Edit: Please take a picture of how you are locked in. I just have never seen a house that you could use as a prison.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Also this is directly related to what I was embarassingly drunkposting about so yeah my "vacation" has sucked a dick so far

e:

the lock does nothing without a key

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 28, 2014

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I started getting gray hairs when I was 19. Luckily it seems to be settling into a Reed Richards kind of thing that works for me. It works quite well.

Sad thought about gray hairs that is literally too sad for my comic (yes, I have made at least one comic I didn't post because I thought "JESUS CHRIST, DUDE"): On my birthday this year I noticed the first of my ex's gray hairs. I never told her about it because seeing it was my little moment for myself. I laid there and thought "I saw the first and I will be right here for each and every one that turns gray for the rest of our lives."

MEMORIES! :D

I'm going on a first date tonight and I'm sure it's going to go well.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

No play for Mr. Grey.

Your beard is weird

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I had a mustache in the 7th grade and have noticeable grey hairs at 32. Sometimes I grow a mountain man wilderness beard. Rugged masculinity combined with distinguished look. Oh yes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SALT CURES HAM posted:

e: taking bets on the likelihood that this will end with grizzled 40-year-old me being dumped out on the street, eating a live octopus, and beating a bunch of dudes up with a hammer
The re-remake?

SALT CURES HAM posted:

I am being 100% serious

e: anyone know a cheap locksmith in New Orleans? I don't have much cash on me

e2: Treme area, so yeah, the ghetto
Unfortunately the only locksmith I know in the area is Pop-A-Lock who Triple-A has sent out for me when I've gotten locked out of my car a couple times, but if you don't have Triple-A they're kind of expensive I think and I'm not sure they do houses.

My girlfriend lives in Treme. She's in a relatively nice upstairs apartment with wood floors and a sunroom and poo poo. But there are some real poo poo houses in that area :smith: I'm sorry dude.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Also this is directly related to what I was embarassingly drunkposting about so yeah my "vacation" has sucked a dick so far

e:

the lock does nothing without a key
You're in a crackhouse, aren't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Your beard is weird

Reeeejected.

• Locked thread