Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

EroticBlacksmith posted:

I'm not sure how many people have noticed, but if you hover over a node it'll have a ticker displaying names of people playing in that node. Since you only ever really need 1 or 2 people it's a lot nicer than that old number system which only listed how many groups were playing.

That shows the people in the system, not in the particular node. So it's pretty useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Devlan Mud posted:

That shows the people in the system, not in the particular node. So it's pretty useless.

Ah, that is dumb and useless then.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I thought those were still the names of people who bought the founders pack like 2 years ago.

Either way the game has always suffered from not just letting you matchmake with ANY game that fits a simple filter list. It's kinda old hat at this point, it should've been added back when the game was first "released" just for basic quality of life sake.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

EroticBlacksmith posted:

I'm not sure how many people have noticed, but if you hover over a node it'll have a ticker displaying names of people playing in that node. Since you only ever really need 1 or 2 people it's a lot nicer than that old number system which only listed how many groups were playing.

Devlan Mud posted:

It's not either of those things, actually. People who purchased founder's packages at the grandmaster ($250) level got their names attached to mission nodes.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Really, given that the game is based on grinding, I should be able to type in a search filter like "Neural Sensors," and a matchmaking tab showing unfilled and joinable squads meeting those criteria should be displayed. UI14 has me spending more time painfully spinning stupid little lovely planets and less time actually playing the game.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Sputnik posted:

Really, given that the game is based on grinding, I should be able to type in a search filter like "Neural Sensors," and a matchmaking tab showing unfilled and joinable squads meeting those criteria should be displayed. UI14 has me spending more time painfully spinning stupid little lovely planets and less time actually playing the game.

If they had done what they did except the nav menu pulls up the pre-14 star chart instead of this spinning bullshit just that alone would make it 10x better.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
What they need is the old starchart - the paths between locations and planets were more immediately obvious, as were the complete/available/locked status of locations.
Minus the solar system orbit view - Any pretense of realism was abandoned when they locked relative planet positions instead of having independent orbits.
Plus Supreme Commander strategic zoom. Fine map movement? Pan around normally. Need to look at opposite end of solar system? Zoom out, move mouse, zoom in. Fast.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah after taking a break and playing other games with matchmaking, Warframe's lack of a search for groups function feels really terrible. You should be able to search for xp groups, boss kill groups, materials farming groups and so on. poo poo next time they have a stream I'm going to spam the crap out of them and tell the devs they need to implement a search function, it's really stupid that they don't have that.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Update 15

Added matchmaking for specific parameters.

Hotfix 15.0.1

Fixed bug where typing neural sensor with two spaces inbetween would make your Kubrow die.

Fixed bug where looking for EXP groups would put you into nanospore farming groups.

Fixed G3 spawning on the Prologue.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
The interface would break in the same way the clan one does when you try to join anyone through that.

Passburger
May 4, 2013
HOTBRAKE 14.0.11

(https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/278042-hotfix-14011/)

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Azran posted:

Fixed bug where typing neural sensor with two spaces inbetween would make your Kubrow die.
You joke but we're talking about developers that JUST had team health restores that literally killed your teammates.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

pvp nerfs ahoy
code:
Reduced the duration of Valkyr's Hysteria in Dark Sector conflicts.
Reduced the duration of Vauban's Vortex in Dark Sector conflicts.
Vauban's Bastille no longer affects downed players in Dark Sector conflicts.
Reduced the damage reduction on Rhino's Iron Skin ability in Dark Sector conflicts.
Reduced the amount of damage dealt by the bleeding proc associated with Ash's Shuriken ability in Dark Sector conflicts.
Reduced the damage multipliers across multiple weapons in an effort to provide a more balanced playing field across all weapons. Details of these weapons involved:
Boltor damage multiplier reduced from 2.0 to .75
Acrid damage multiplier from 1 to .25
Damage multipliers for the Amprex, Brakk, Drakgoon, Karak, Hind, Marelok, Mutalist Quanta, Tysis, AkLato, Burston Prime, Lato, Braton, Tetra, Tigris all normalized (no more arbitrary multipliers).
Reduced the amount of damage of Ash's Bladestorm in Dark Sector conflicts.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I notice they haven't touched Dread or Antimatter Drop.

Cool, I can still one-shot cores.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Azran posted:

Yeah, dogs are a good idea with terrible implementation. They are a credit sink, they can die permanently and don't even Vacuum poo poo.

Dogs cannot be removed from your inventory. Ever. If you want all 4 dog types you have to spend a shitload of plat on more stasis slots and pray to RNGesus.

Coldbird posted:

Gremlins were okay when they were introduced, but not amazing. Like most full auto secondaries, you run out of ammo a lot against anything tough, and the raw DPS advantage doesn't make up for it vs. other, more accessible lowbie guns like Vastos.

If you get into the clan you can also build a Marelok, which is pretty much a hand cannon.

Gremlins were initially fantastic due to being full auto and ignoring armor. Then, with damage 2.0, they became poo poo. They don't have burst dps, they don't have sustained dps, they are just poo poo.

I miss them.

edit: pvp nerfs

Eventually they have got to realize that they're not going to be able to balance this in a way that's actually fun.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 30, 2014

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Oh. People told me they could die permanently if they did not get their space vaccines regularly and hit 0%

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Yeah that's what I assumed but it turns out that's not the case. It's just a plat farm for DE.

Warkak
Dec 21, 2010

Cheesefoot-
Don't kink shame
Somebody looked around and said they found some lines indicating that you could starve your dog by not giving them their Dew injections but I *doubt anybody wants to carry out the science.

*Not really, somebody out there wants to roleplay Vick I bet

Warkak fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 30, 2014

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm inadvertently going to be testing that since I don't have a credits to afford the stupid DNA stabilizer, check back in two days and I'll tell you what happens to my stupid spacedog. Good thing I already got my dna imprint off his useless rear end.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Denzine posted:

Gremlins were initially fantastic due to being full auto and ignoring armor.
I still remember running out of ammo all the loving time, maybe I just didn't have the mods to make them good at the time

They still have a pretty great aesthetic/sound/animation combo, though, better than most of the actual full-auto primaries except maybe Sobek.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

What's a good area to start out at? Earth seems to have the lowest level missions but I just seem to be getting rolled a lot if I can even get a full team.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Pubs have been even more terrible then usual lately, try to get a group of all-goons if you can.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Akboltos actually had 5 less damage than the Gremlins back then, so the Gremlins were actually more ammo efficient. Then Akboltos got an extra 20 damage and well who cares about Gremlins now.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Berke Negri posted:

What's a good area to start out at? Earth seems to have the lowest level missions but I just seem to be getting rolled a lot if I can even get a full team.

Mercury -> Venus -> Earth is the progression for newbies.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
It looks like the connection issues are still around. Lost all xp/rewards after getting a black screen after a mission, and took 3 retries to log in.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

They seem to be getting hit by a DDoS again.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Are people doing a DDoS when their rails might flip because loving lol if that's the case.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Tracula posted:

Are people doing a DDoS when their rails might flip because loving lol if that's the case.

homo homini lupus

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

All means of warfare are suitable. Too bad it's literally for a loving internet video game, if such is the case.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It would honestly be the funniest goddamn thing if that were true, just because of the pointlessness of it all. There's absolutely zero reason to hold a rail, so if some idiot actually paid to point someone's botnet (I highly doubt they'd have their own) at DE so they could hold on to an utterly pointless piece of video game real estate for a few more days I'd probably die laughing.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Helter Skelter posted:

It would honestly be the funniest goddamn thing if that were true, just because of the pointlessness of it all. There's absolutely zero reason to hold a rail, so if some idiot actually paid to point someone's botnet (I highly doubt they'd have their own) at DE so they could hold on to an utterly pointless piece of video game real estate for a few more days I'd probably die laughing.

It's not impossible. If it were the case that a giga-nerd who was in control of a botnet was responsible, I'd honestly find it even more laughable.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I admit I am a loving idiot but what benefits does owning a rail even give?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Tracula posted:

You get a percentage of the credits/resources from people who run missions on it. Only most of them are setting it to around 10-15% at most, and some are even at 0%, so it can't possibly be paying enough to make up for what they're paying out as battlepay.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
I found out last night that mods are shared between frames, so I will not need 1 each of the rare mods for each frame, like flow, streamlined, etc, correct? This is a good thing since I finally got a streamlined last night after about 30 hours played and I am still waiting for some of the better rare mods and also and energy siphon. Are there is exceptions to the mods being shared among all my frames in inventory? What about weapons mods, are they also treated the same?

Paume
Jun 8, 2008

:commissar:
So I'm a little confused with how the new starchart works. Last I played it was all interconnected nodes with greyed out areas where you have yet to unlock. I had unlocked about 80% of the map back then, and now when I look at the map I don't know where the next unlock missions are? Are they a specific colour or symbol? Also what are dark sector missions?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Vendictus Prime posted:

I found out last night that mods are shared between frames, so I will not need 1 each of the rare mods for each frame, like flow, streamlined, etc, correct? This is a good thing since I finally got a streamlined last night after about 30 hours played and I am still waiting for some of the better rare mods and also and energy siphon. Are there is exceptions to the mods being shared among all my frames in inventory? What about weapons mods, are they also treated the same?
The only time you'll ever have a problem with equipping mods is with your Sentinel's weapon, since they use Rifle/Shotgun mods.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Vendictus Prime posted:

They all work the same. The basic rule is that you can slot the same mod as many times as you want, but you can only actually use it on a single equipped item. The main time this matters is if your sentinel is using the same weapon type you may be carrying, in which case you would need duplicate mods.

This is another reason for the popularity of Carrier, which comes with a shotgun, otherwise the least utilized weapon type.

Early on it didn't actually work like this and you had to manually transfer all your mods any time you wanted to change gear or frames. Was pretty much completely non-excellent.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Tracula posted:

In practical terms, none. While you can set a tax on credits/resources, there's not really anything to spend your profits on except dojo decorations and rail upkeep (I'm told damage needs to be repaired between conflicts). You can't redistribute the taxed income to your members since it's all locked up in the clan/alliance vault, and battle pay during conflicts only pays out to people outside the clan/alliance.

Vendictus Prime posted:

Weapon mods are treated mostly the same. The one exception is that if you're using a sentinel, the weapon for the active sentinel cannot share mods with any weapons you currently have equipped. This isn't really a big deal, though, as you have a couple options for easily avoiding this that don't involve duplicate mod sets:

1. Use a Kubrow instead. Dogs don't use guns.
2. Have your sentinel use a weapon type that you're not (ie, use the Carrier's shotgun if you're using a rifle, etc.).
3. Remove all mods from your sentinel's weapon and unequip the sentinel's attack precept. Sentinels tend to not die nearly as much when they're not attracting attention to themselves by shooting at stuff, and their utility (in the form of things like shield restoration or Carrier's Vacuum), tends to outweigh their offensive capability by a country mile anyway.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Pierson posted:

The only time you'll ever have a problem with equipping mods is with your Sentinel's weapon, since they use Rifle/Shotgun mods.

I am pretty sure I experienced this with "Serration" already. I was using the auto install ( I know now not to now, thanks for the advice on that one) and Serration was on my carriers weapon and I had to move it to my primary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Correct, can't have the same mod equipped twice on an active frame/weapon.