Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
neil deagrasse tyson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
Matchmaking algorithms hard at work

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=293229289

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

augustob posted:

Streamer the Deag League beat last night:

http://www.twitch.tv/callmehhawke/b/552015114

Deagin' starts at 52:45. The guys with japanese (?) characters in their names had just played us the previous match, that's why one of them asks the other if they should abandon or not.

There are absolutely no vibes on that team.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D_5gaZ-jqc

It's probably an indication of how bad I am with the Deagle that I only drop 30 on Silvers.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
When's the latest you can kick someone in a classic 5v5? When your team's won 10+ rounds or 20+ rounds total have been played? Something like that?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

bpower posted:

I was really happy with the way I played here, from a couple of days ago just before I ranked up to Nova 2. we had a bot from early on, and myself and another dude kinda carried it, just barely though.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-ybvan-RCHv9-C6DJT-BQi64-wquLA

Is it normal for your movement to look (even more) awful in a demo?

edit:Wooster

Gonna start viewing in five mins maybe:

http://www.twitch.tv/neccowafers

edit: actually let's make it 8 PM EST just so people have more warning

Necc0 fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jul 30, 2014

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
drat it. Just got it into bed. Getting up now.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Damnit, my deagle account (I cant believe I have an alt now ugh) can't even accept the trade from my main for a cool deagle skin :( 7 days my rear end, valve.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Necc0 posted:

Gonna start viewing in five mins maybe:

http://www.twitch.tv/neccowafers

edit: actually let's make it 8 PM EST just so people have more warning

should we be hearing your voice, cos all we hear are game sounds?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

bpower posted:

should we be hearing your voice, cos all we hear are game sounds?

WELP.

You want to try again right now or tomorrow?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Necc0 posted:

WELP.

right now please.

edit: your were drawing arrows and stuff on the map, i want to know what you were saying

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Worst stream NA.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Necc0 posted:

WELP.

Dude that was great. Thanks very much. Learned a lot, the stuff about just being aware of your buddies situation and trying to help or take advantage of cross fire was very useful.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Nova 2s and below click this here link: http://www.twitch.tv/neccowafers/c/4777065 :ocelot:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

bpower posted:

Dude that was great. Thanks very much. Learned a lot, the stuff about just being aware of your buddies situation and trying to help or take advantage of cross fire was very useful.

Can't wait for him to get to my demo and just throw his hands in the air at how utterly incompetent I am.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Xenaero posted:

Damnit, my deagle account (I cant believe I have an alt now ugh) can't even accept the trade from my main for a cool deagle skin :( 7 days my rear end, valve.

Did you trade astr0man 2 keys for it, cause if not I'll take him up on that offer, deag league looks like hilarious fun.

Also I suck with the deag and would like to get better. Is there a junior deag league for those of us that suck and know it?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Logan 5 posted:

Did you trade astr0man 2 keys for it, cause if not I'll take him up on that offer, deag league looks like hilarious fun.

Also I suck with the deag and would like to get better. Is there a junior deag league for those of us that suck and know it?

He did sorry

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

astr0man posted:

He did sorry

I figured, no worries man. Tbh I should probably just use my main since I don't care that much about rank or whatever, but I guess like the idea of having a separate one dedicated to shenanigans.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Necc0 posted:

Nova 2s and below click this here link: http://www.twitch.tv/neccowafers/c/4777065 :ocelot:

Thanks for doing this, it was fun to listen to someone breakdown film and I picked up some good tips.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Necc0 posted:

I would totes watch more of these. Maybe I'll send you my demo sometime

Edit: If there's any chance of you mirroring these on YouTube? That would be easy easier for me to sub to. No problem if that's a big ask though

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Just hopping in this game from playing 1.6 ages ago. Is there some general consensus as to what SMG to use? Not really having any success with anything except the p90, at which point I feel I might as well buy a famas/galil.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Your observations are right on the money. I would recommend the Mac-10 or the UMP as other interesting SMGs to buy after round 2, but really if you're not buying a bizon round 2 you're buying the wrong smg. Also there's no reason to buy an smg after the enemy buys armor, which is every round, except for the P90. Unless you buy Cent's round 2 ak

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I remember when the mp5 was the SMG of choice. I loved that thing.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

lewtt posted:

Just hopping in this game from playing 1.6 ages ago. Is there some general consensus as to what SMG to use? Not really having any success with anything except the p90, at which point I feel I might as well buy a famas/galil.

Yep, pretty much.

I miss the mp5. And the TMP actually, I loved that thing.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

NTT posted:

Your observations are right on the money. I would recommend the Mac-10 or the UMP as other interesting SMGs to buy after round 2, but really if you're not buying a bizon round 2 you're buying the wrong smg. Also there's no reason to buy an smg after the enemy buys armor, which is every round, except for the P90. Unless you buy Cent's round 2 ak

To add to this; I recommend never buying round 2 AK or p90 because if you die and give it to the other team you can be in trouble. The bizon works so well round 2 because it doesn't work on your team's armor.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Vahakyla posted:

My best game of CS. Easy. We were all on mumble and queued together as five.

When those ranks popped up I laughed out loud. Those guys were playing like Nova 2's not MG2's.

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

When those ranks popped up I laughed out loud. Those guys were playing like Nova 2's not MG2's.

i was proud of the team

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Necco I liked your stream. Your voice is sexy. Please bind demo pause/resume and maybe play speed to make life easier for you.

I'll find a demo of me playing for you to tell me how bad I am

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

So playing in matchmaking right now and all of a sudden our team's ping all jumped up by 150. Literally just our team. What gives?

Also, thanks matchmaking I guess.

e: I guess I'm just curious if this is a known bug or did we get ddos'd? If it's the latter, is cheating really that common?

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 30, 2014

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
I've never heard of a team getting DDoS'd in MM. I don't think that's a thing.
Can't explain why your whole team lagged out though. Was that for the entire game?

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
Smurf trip report: got ranked Silver 2. So this account is good for either Deagle shenanigans or deranking to Silver 1.

Think I'll hold off using it for a few days though. I think I've surpassed the point where Deagle practice is making me better and reached the point where playing with Silvers is making me worse.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Mimetic posted:

Smurf trip report: got ranked Silver 2. So this account is good for either Deagle shenanigans or deranking to Silver 1.

How many matches did you have to lose?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

ErKeL posted:

I've never heard of a team getting DDoS'd in MM. I don't think that's a thing.
Can't explain why your whole team lagged out though. Was that for the entire game?

It happened as a round was starting shortly after we switched sides.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
:lol: no one is ddosing your silver level MM game

it's probably just a random ping spike due to bad routing to a bad MM server

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths

Necc0 posted:

Great job and commentary, I've learned some useful poo poo for sure. I'll probably upload a demo later on if you're still doing these/ finished with the other entries.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
do you all have Time Warner? I was just in a MM game where half of the other team had sudden serious issues with their connection and had to surrender because of it.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Logan 5 posted:

do you all have Time Warner? I was just in a MM game where half of the other team had sudden serious issues with their connection and had to surrender because of it.

Nope. Probably random.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

That's some nice commentary, Necc0. I might upload a Goon MM later.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Logan 5 posted:

I have Time Warner and I noticed over the past couple of nights (save for tonight *knock on wood*) my internet has been going down intermittently, which is really annoying. So I have no idea what the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

Xenaero posted:

How many matches did you have to lose?

I wasn't really keeping track, but I figure I probably lost 5 or 6 and won 10. My initial two games were losses against silvers though, which I think may have heavily influenced my ranking. (edit: because after that no matter how many I won in a row I was still seeing silvers)

• Locked thread