Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

ManoliIsFat posted:

I really tried to like My Brother, My Brother and Me because my wife loves it, but it just feels so un-professional to me: it just sounds like some guys riffing in a basement.

That's essentially what it is.

I guess if I had to boil down what I like about MBMBAM, I'd say that it was how they all are genuinely tickled by all the dumb stuff they find and riff on. Same reason why I really like Stop Podcasting Yourself, Comedy Bang Bang, U Talkin U2 2 Me, and Never Not Funny; even if podcasts weren't the hot new thing that can advance your career, these guys would all be doing them anyway because it is fun as heck to joke around with friends.

Not coincidentally most of these started before podcasts were the hot new thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Authorman posted:

Even if podcasts weren't the hot new thing that can advance your career, these guys would all be doing them anyway because it is fun as heck to joke around with friends.

Not coincidentally most of these started before podcasts were the hot new thing.

That's also a solid description and categorisation of Uhh Yeah Dude, my personal all-time favourite podcast (and also clearly objectively the best)

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Sinbad has been CRUSHING it (bro) on podcasts lately. He got Pete to calm down on You Made It Weird and was really hilarious on Never Not Funny and Hollywood Handbook. The Sklars said he's probably going to be a guest on their show soon.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I tried listening to this ep with Sinbad with a more critical outlook to try and understand the recent posts about not really vibing with HH and after having listened to this ep I can conclusively decide that EHH! WRONG!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah I'm behind on NNF right now but he was amazing today on Hollywood Handbook

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

I don't know why, but I expected him to not really "get" it, but man, he played right along with everything and pretty much killed it.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah I'm behind on NNF right now but he was amazing today on Hollywood Handbook

He was even better on NNF. I want him and Jimmy to do a podcast together.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

isnt that right posted:

I don't know why, but I expected him to not really "get" it, but man, he played right along with everything and pretty much killed it.

I felt the same way(haven't listened to it yet, just based on y'alls comments I guess he exceeded expectations), I think it's because he's from a very different comedic climate. Even with a legend like Dave Thomas I was sort of concerned he wouldn't get it and their schtick would be awkward bouncing off him.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Would honestly probably be okay with Sinbad (and his daughter and dog) as permanent guests on HH. That was amazing.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Would honestly probably be okay with Sinbad (and his daughter and dog) as permanent guests on HH. That was amazing.

I listened to that HH after not listening for a while and it Sinbad was amazing. Those guys could not keep up with him though.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I'm also unironically looking forward to the next Cards Against Humanity ad on Hollywood Handbook.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The whole thing about the origin of the stop sign was easily the high point of the episode for me.

8 sides, 8 chakras, 8 ways of life.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Paul's taping a Dead Authors with Lennon Parham as Flannery O'Connor next week. Can't wait for this to come back.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

Illinois Smith posted:

Paul's taping a Dead Authors with Lennon Parham as Flannery O'Connor next week. Can't wait for this to come back.

And, apparently, with Matt Gourley as Ian Fleming on September 5.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Finally got around to listening to the Sinbad ep. Holy poo poo.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
When I4H goes to the Del Close Marathon you can really get a sense between the top-tier and the second rate improvisers. If the scene's not flowing so well, it's because Seth Morris just walked off the stage.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

jyrka posted:

Finally got around to listening to the Sinbad ep. Holy poo poo.

It was perfection. But I don't know when I heard this (years ago), but I think Sinbad really does believe he was abducted.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Best part about Sinbad is that he brought his daughter to every single podcast recording. So there's a part of me that hopes he really thinks Earwolf is some major company with the ability to get her a recording contract.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Best part about Sinbad is that he brought his daughter to every single podcast recording. So there's a part of me that hopes he really thinks Earwolf is some major company with the ability to get her a recording contract.

There was a point listening to HH where I was convinced she was Scarlet Johansson. She sounds a lot like her.

Edit: Whoops, I meant "Scarlett, My Close Friend"

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Even she was better than Hayes and Sean...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

eh, wrong?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Solid lineup at the JFL I4H show just now: Horatio Sanz, Zach Woods, Chris Gethard, and John Gemberling.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Piquai Souban posted:

Solid lineup at the JFL I4H show just now: Horatio Sanz, Zach Woods, Chris Gethard, and John Gemberling.

WANT THIS

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

When I4H goes to the Del Close Marathon you can really get a sense between the top-tier and the second rate improvisers. If the scene's not flowing so well, it's because Seth Morris just walked off the stage.

I agree, but it's not like it suddenly goes from great to crap. The less well known improvisers are still really good and they had some great scenes.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Jeff please cancel hollywood handook and also jake fogelnest. Jeff please

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dark Weasel posted:

Jeff please cancel hollywood handbook and also jake fogelnest. Jeff please
I had to edit the quote since I've never heard the Jake's podcast. Plus he's man enough to post here.
There rest still stands. Jeff please.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Just going to leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvQoFRFd13g

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Holy poo poo.

But seriously, guys, vote on the fuckin' T-shirts. (The Marquee is pretty much the one true option here, though the Blue Turtle is nice as well.) The iPod cord design makes me wonder: Was the joke just holding the cord and not extending it? I always imagined it as they would hold it out briefly, then drop it. The reactions always made me laugh but I don't think they never really explained what was actually happening.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Btw Mott Skokerman on Late Night with Seth Meyers tonight for some reason!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Brock Samson posted:

Btw Mott Skokerman on Late Night with Seth Meyers tonight for some reason!

No better time to book someone than when their show is in a 3 month hiatus, right?

He's also in the 3rd spot, behind Maggie Gyllenhall and Lee Pace :smith:

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

He's also in the 3rd spot, behind Maggie Gyllenhall and Lee Pace :smith:
May have to do with those people being remarkably more famous.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jul 30, 2014

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

Holy poo poo.

But seriously, guys, vote on the fuckin' T-shirts. (The Marquee is pretty much the one true option here, though the Blue Turtle is nice as well.) The iPod cord design makes me wonder: Was the joke just holding the cord and not extending it? I always imagined it as they would hold it out briefly, then drop it. The reactions always made me laugh but I don't think they never really explained what was actually happening.

The joke was extending the cord but not enough so it was just out of reach

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ManoliIsFat posted:

May have to do with those people being remarkably more famous.

Well, yeah. I was more lamenting the fact that the 3rd spot is always the one that risks being bumped/reduced to a 2 minute "Alright, who are you and what's your plug" appearance.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JethroMcB posted:

Holy poo poo.

Where the gently caress are the college girls

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

Well, yeah. I was more lamenting the fact that the 3rd spot is always the one that risks being bumped/reduced to a 2 minute "Alright, who are you and what's your plug" appearance.
Oh, word. http://splitsider.com/2014/07/scott-aukerman-and-seth-meyers-talk-comedy-bang-bang-and-between-two-ferns/ he's pretty charming on this. I know he was so super nervous, but get came off well (if slightly "on").

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
So according to Twitter, PFT recorded an episode of I4H today.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
About time! He said in an interview that group improv intimidates him but we all know it's going to rock.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Finally my favorite podcast guest on my favorite podcast.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

For those of you in LA, Who Charted and Hollywood Handbook are doing a live recording in August.

http://store.earwolf.com/products/who-charted-hollywood-handbook-live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

loving sweet