Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So many stoppages it's like an NFL game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Woot free box tickets to the game at anz tonight :krad:

I am so glad you didn't pay to watch that half.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
How the gently caress did the Dogs get shut out? They should have at least two tries.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It should be 6 - 6 honestly.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bowmore posted:

Top 5: Moylan, Seggyaro, Mansour, Elijah, Whare

Good?

Yeah I'll go with that. Bryce Cartwright could be special too.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I also like the Docker/Plum bruise brothers combo

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

MiniSune posted:

I am so glad you didn't pay to watch that half.

You're right. The free beer is the only good thing happening here.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Nice to see Taylor and Peachey having a laugh there.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

poo poo kick number gently caress knows what gets rewarded with a try.

E: Or is he offside? I think he is.

E2: Oh that's right, the video ref hates the Dogs.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Thirty seconds after swapping to Manly/Brisbane, I already want Gould and Hadley to shut the gently caress up.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

Thirty seconds after swapping to Manly/Brisbane, I already want Gould and Hadley to shut the gently caress up.

No matter what game you watch, you lose.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Can't believe:

a) the Panthers managed to win that considering they did absolutely nothing all game

and

b) the Dogs got that close considering they were horrific all night and did nothing right.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Both games turned out to be poo poo.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Smorgasbord posted:

Both games turned out to be poo poo.

Yeah but the commentary made up for it in the Brisbane/Manly game. Rae made a brilliant solo effort and banged on for 5 minutes about who was going to Cairns and how his best mate Ray didn't like to fly. Throw in calling Alex Glenn Alex Chan and confusing Ben Barba with Daniel Vidot and it's one of the best calls of the year.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Listened to the abc and got the panthers and doggies game. Good on the psnthers but what the gently caress with the doggies mentality and lack of passion.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Those Manly jerseys are yet another reason to nuke the north coast.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Even Wolverine knows yellow spandex is a bad idea

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

Even Wolverine knows yellow spandex is a bad idea

The only thing worse than the jersey was the king shitlord of manly growing hugh jackman mutton chops

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Sharks v Eels is a clusterfuck right from the whistle.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

The super hero jerseys are getting worse. There should be a rule against having different colours on the front and back.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Titans' defence varies from paper-thin to just nonexistent.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Pretty sure that call was wrong, since Thurston tried to ground it, touched it, then had another go and grounded it. How did they not spot that?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I know we typically all ignore each other's fantasy related posts but holy poo poo I am having an insane week in the draft competition with a 13 man side.

Segeyaro 115
Fifita 106
Luke
Cartwright 66
Cordner
Mannering
Cronk
Thurston 88
Mansour 85
Henry
Hurrell
Gagai
Hayne (C) 210

Thurston still scoring but I'm on 670 from 6 (or 7 if you include captain for an average close to 100 per player).

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I hated his dad with a burning passion, but Paul Carter is quite fun to watch.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Titans' ball control is on par with their line strength.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

How is that a penalty? The tackle hit him before he kicked the ball.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Loving hearing the commentators harping on about Marshall's poor kicking and decision-making leading to the opponents scoring since he's not our problem anymore.

iajanus fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Aug 2, 2014

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Not sure what the link is between The Hulk and purple shorts.

Early try for the Warriors again, hopefully we don't button off after 20mins again.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Nice to see Tomkins having fun out there.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Days since Ricky Stuart's last consecutive win as coach: 1863 :stare:

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Thought that was obstruction, but worth it for the inevitable Stuart meltdown.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

Thought that was obstruction, but worth it for the inevitable Stuart meltdown.

My thoughts exactly.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Did anyone else hear booing from the crowd at half time?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Speaking of Ricky Stuart meltdowns, what would you say was the best one to date? The 2008 World Cup "it's a conspiracy!" meltdown is probably one of the better ones.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Smorgasbord posted:

Not sure what the link is between The Hulk and purple shorts.

Early try for the Warriors again, hopefully we don't button off after 20mins again.

The Hulk wears purple shorts

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

Speaking of Ricky Stuart meltdowns, what would you say was the best one to date? The 2008 World Cup "it's a conspiracy!" meltdown is probably one of the better ones.

Yes, when you factor in he hosed up with the greatest team ever and called the ref a cheating oval office the morning after.

The yes/no/maybe meeting will always have a special place into heart though.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

Yes, when you factor in he hosed up with the greatest team ever and called the ref a cheating oval office the morning after.

The yes/no/maybe meeting will always have a special place into heart though.

Especially since it turns out neither he nor Parramatta ownership understand that you still have to keep paying those players and they still count on the salary cap.

Fensom & Hurrell injured, Burgess pulled out today as well - all 3 on my fantasy team and I have 1 transfer left :negative:

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Jono C posted:

Did anyone else hear booing from the crowd at half time?

You could hear it from the southern side of the ground. I think there's only 7000 people here(on an absolutely beautiful day) to its pretty quiet.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

They were saying Boo-uart, Ricky Boouart

edit: need a 53 point win to get ahead of the Cowboys, but I smell a couple of late tries to Croker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Croker looks the most likely, in that he's the only one not looking absolutely dire. Official crowd 7094 by the way.

• Locked thread