Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

Why are goats evil again? They seem pretty chill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcRG_HkkoPA
Satan is real
working in spirit
you can see him and hear him
in this world every day

a medical mystery posted:

its actually 696 u lie-spreading heathens

It's actually 616. 666 is just a really persistent mistranslation. Probably because it sounds a lot cooler than 616.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 1, 2014

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

naem posted:

jesus said a thing once, unwashed peasants and barely literate texan conmen dont get nuance

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

unwashed peasants and barely literate texan conmen

This seems like more words than necessary to describe one group of people

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

This seems like more words than necessary to describe one group of people

only one of the two groups has ever touched a bible

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

FreudianSlippers posted:

It's actually 616. 666 is just a really persistence mistranslated. Probably because it sounds a lot cooler than 616.

it is 666 in most manuscripts but 616 in a few. most scholars think it is a numerical reference to a roman emperor (nero), and that may be true, but i have a personal theory that 666 is also an intentional reference to Solomon (!) who received 666 talents of gold a year in taxes (1 kings 10:14) and lived an extremely lavish lifestyle with many wives and consorts. this is the only other place in the bible this distinctive number is mentioned, and solomon, though he built the first temple and is commonly praised and regarded as very wise, is condemned by god in the bible in 1 kings 11:1-13, and blamed for the split of the kingdom. he committed THE chief sin: infidelity to god, idolatry, such as following the idols of Astarte and Milcom, and even building worship sites to Chemosh and Molech!

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Kyrie eleison posted:

it is 666 in most manuscripts but 616 in a few. most scholars think it is a numerical reference to a roman emperor (nero), and that may be true, but i have a personal theory that 666 is also an intentional reference to Solomon (!) who received 666 talents of gold a year in taxes (1 kings 10:14) and lived an extremely lavish lifestyle with many wives and consorts. this is the only other place in the bible this distinctive number is mentioned, and solomon, though he built the first temple and is commonly praised and regarded as very wise, is condemned by god in the bible in 1 kings 11:1-13, and blamed for the split of the kingdom. he committed THE chief sin: infidelity to god, idolatry, such as following the idols of Astarte and Milcom, and even building worship sites to Chemosh and Molech!

given how much jews and early christians loved their numerology, i can totally imagine the writer(s) realizing that 666 can refer to two assholes and fistpumping ever so slightly in the name of the lord

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

satanic splash-back posted:

this is not an rss feed go die

ZombieJesus posted:

O hai satan

"O hai" should remain bannable.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

naem posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_Sheep_and_the_Goats

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kyrie eleison posted:

Do you ever wish you had the courage to finally load up that gun and pull the trigger to finally meet the unceasing darkness that you know deep down in your heart is your only true reward for a life wasted in worship of a god that either doesn't exist or at best simply doesn't care about you?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

the bibble is not real its just some stuff they didn't have bing.com back then so dont wory about it

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Do you ever wish you had the courage to finally load up that gun and pull the trigger to finally meet the unceasing darkness that you know deep down in your heart is your only true reward for a life wasted in worship of a god that either doesn't exist or at best simply doesn't care about you?

you suck, and are real bad, at making posts

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dwight Evans posted:

you suck, and are real bad, at making posts

And?

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Who What Now posted:

while it's a little sad reading this sort of thing from you, it's not really because of what you say but rather my sympathy for you having to live with such an evil heart. it must be difficult, and i'll pray for you to find happiness. it's friday, have some fun!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kyrie eleison posted:

while it's a little sad reading this sort of thing from you, it's not really because of what you say but rather my sympathy for you having to live with such an evil heart. it must be difficult, and i'll pray for you to find happiness. it's friday, have some fun!

It's not evil to proclaim the truth. There is nothing beyond this mortal coil, nothing beyond this unthinking and uncaring universe. You will die and cease to be, as will I and every other person that is, has been, and will be. And one day the last human will draw his final breath choking upon the soot and detritus of human civilization. Then many billions of years later the sun will engulf the earth in stelar-nuclear fire as our star burns away the last vestiges of its fuel before it too dies. All of humanity will have lived for nought and nought will be left to remember us by. All we be made equal by being made meaningless.

Also you're dumb and I'd laugh if you killed yourself.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Kyrie eleison posted:

how do you manage to constantly make such bad and boring posts? and they're always about religion

you should broaden your gimmick

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Who What Now posted:

It's not evil to proclaim the truth. There is nothing beyond this mortal coil, nothing beyond this unthinking and uncaring universe. You will die and cease to be, as will I and every other person that is, has been, and will be. And one day the last human will draw his final breath choking upon the soot and detritus of human civilization. Then many billions of years later the sun will engulf the earth in stelar-nuclear fire as our star burns away the last vestiges of its fuel before it too dies. All of humanity will have lived for nought and nought will be left to remember us by. All we be made equal by being made meaningless.

It's evil to try to drag someone else down into your misery. And honestly, none of this is novel, it's cliche grimdark stuff that couldn't depress a kitten. I wish you only the best. Namaste.

Taffer posted:

how do you manage to constantly make such bad and boring posts? and they're always about religion

you should broaden your gimmick

i'm sorry, i'll post about something else so we can stop talking about boring religion in a thread about religion, what's your favorite anime?

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Who What Now posted:

and yet time is infinite and the universe may go through these cycles many times

yet there was still a "you" consisting of the matter of the universe that experienced consciousness for a bit. thermodynamic laws say that matter is not ever destroyed within a system; "your" matter will continue on eternally. maybe it will give rise to future consciousness. edit: not to say that suggests there is any inherent meaning behind anything that occurs, but the phenomenon of consciousness is interesting if you believe in any form of materialism.

ashgromnies fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 2, 2014

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Kyrie eleison posted:

i'm sorry, i'll post about something else so we can stop talking about boring religion in a thread about religion, what's your favorite anime?

anime is even worse

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Kyrie eleison posted:

It's evil to try to drag someone else down into your misery. And honestly, none of this is novel, it's cliche grimdark stuff that couldn't depress a kitten. I wish you only the best. Namaste.

of course it isn't novel. it was taken for granted before the first con man met the first fool, i.e. when religion was invented.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

of course it isn't novel. it was taken for granted before the first con man met the first fool, i.e. when religion was invented.

then it's bo~ring. and that is not how religion originated, the vast unknown has been completely intuitive and apparent to all members of the human race from the beginning. although certain evil jaded sociopathic (satanic) people have used it manipulatively and cynically, all one needs is a spiritual side to authentically experience the divine good, which all civilizations have had at their core.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
These guys seem all right. I can at least appreciate a religion based around trolling.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

naem posted:

Christians hate chill things.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Kyrie eleison posted:

then it's bo~ring. and that is not how religion originated, the vast unknown has been completely intuitive and apparent to all members of the human race from the beginning. although certain evil jaded sociopathic (satanic) people have used it manipulatively and cynically, all one needs is a spiritual side to authentically experience the divine good, which all civilizations have had at their core.

also you're going to have to say a few hail marys to negate the effect of speaking the heathen curse word "Namaste"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kyrie eleison posted:

All you need to look at to know that Christianity is a massive scam is the outrageous opulence of the Vatican City.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Kyrie eleison posted:

This is a pretty interesting interpretation and I like learning about textual criticism and biblical history even if I am atheist personally and have a fair bit of a beef with most organized religion.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Who What Now posted:

All you need to look at to know that Christianity is a massive scam is the outrageous opulence of the Vatican City.

All of that beautiful commissioned architecture and art for everyone to enjoy, what a tragic outcome for humanity

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kyrie eleison posted:

All of that beautiful commissioned architecture and art for everyone to enjoy, what a tragic outcome for humanity

I'm sure all the people dead from AIDS because Catholic mission workers convinced them not to use condoms really appreciate it.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Uh well I believe that everyone owes me 1000 dollars and a bj. So, let's get to it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Nathilus posted:

Uh well I believe that everyone owes me 1000 dollars and a bj. So, let's get to it.

I gave at the office.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Kyrie eleison posted:

look at this post by an idiot who has never been

'commissioned', yeah they commissioned it right out of public galleries and private collections at sword/gunpoint or threatened dying old men with eternal hellfire unless they donated it

yeah its for everyone to enjoy, just fly to italy, make an appointment way in advance and give them a bunch of money for admission, and go through security more rigorous than most airports. don't mind the armed guards all over the place that will bodily throw out old women for even hinting at taking their cameras out, what is art appreciation without P90s pointed at your face. all the statues have their dicks lopped off, because dicks are immoral. in fact, the whole loving country is full of statues with their dicks lopped off because the church thinks nudity is a sin. the place is so loving full of their ill-gotten gains that you have priceless works haphazardly tossed about the place with no curation at all when there are galleries all over the planet who would literally kill for just a handful of pieces that they don't even bother to display. they are among the worst collections in the world for sharing art with the general public. there are dictators and ceos, people personally responsible for the deaths of thousands, who are more liberal and generous their art collections.

yeah its for everyone, except the priceless erotic frescoes by motherfucking Raphael in the pope's quarters, that is impossible for any normal to see and even if you do has been horrifically mutilated and censored. and all the other works that are just for the upper eschalons of an organisation that oversees a system that protects child molesters from being punished

loving know what the gently caress you talk about before you post you loving idiot

naem
May 29, 2011

Every religious organization has its issues including atheists

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

naem posted:

Every religious organization has its issues including atheists

I was unaware that atheism was a religion.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

you mnight have noticed that christians and jews use shepherds a lot in their symbolism, but never goatherds, this is because of a major rift in the herdsmens' guild of bablon in ~550 BC during the babylonian captivity during which the babylonian goatherds left the guild to form their own separate goatherd guild and refused to pay their dues leaving just the jew wool racket in the herding guild which then became the de facto shepherd guild of babylon (later judea)

jews still keep an accounting of the overdue dues, tax and interest which the shepherds guild still feels are owed by the goatherds and this is a major cause of present-day hostility toward arabs by the jews. goats long ago came to symbolize this hostility and it was inherited along with the torah by christianity

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 2, 2014

naem
May 29, 2011

Who What Now posted:

I was unaware that atheism was a religion.

They preach at people all day and try to convert, p close

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I tried to be nice and honest and Kyrie eleison ignored me :<.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Namaste, Bitches :twisted:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

naem posted:

They preach at people all day and try to convert, p close

Not to mention the more vocal members of the two have a weird fascination with hating women.

MizPiz fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Aug 2, 2014

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

ZombieJesus posted:

hey guys I put a ton of effort into the new op for you I hope it pleaeses your need for longwinded bullshit on internet comedy forums, now can we get back to hailing satan and laughing at jesus

Still sending you a hate PM like the OP says to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
PM sent. I hope you feel bad.

• Locked thread