Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I hope when Batista comes back he just acts like Drax, and no one questions it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

JT Smiley posted:

I hope when Batista comes back he IS Drax, and no one questions it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cesaro is the most upsetting burial in WWE in a very long time.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

I hope when Batista comes back he just acts like Drax, and no one questions it.

Totally bringing in a "Hire Drax" sign next time I go to a live show.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Perigryn posted:

WWE just put up this tribute to Table-san
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xA7cDA6akM

I'm still laughing at the Sabu one.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

DeathChicken posted:

I'm still laughing at the Sabu one.

My favorite one is the Road Dogg one since he goes back to the apron and tries a butt stomp.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
It doesn't help Cesaro that he's only used his most over move once in what seems like months. And even then that was against Cena this week on Raw.

Smackdown doesn't count cause no one watches it

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
It's also really weird that they seemed to have gone all in with the "King of Swing" moniker at exactly the same time he stopped doing it. Remember how we heard Triple H had a lot of power during Mania weekend? That makes me think this whole weird Cesaro situation might be part of a power struggle between Vince and Triple H.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I give you more truthbombs from Kevin Nash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uZ-HUAuw4k

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The last time Cesaro was depushed was because he was "Boring and had a funny accent", which stinks of Kevin Dunn.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!
Edit: ^^^ Yup.

Daniel Bryan posted:

It's also really weird that they seemed to have gone all in with the "King of Swing" moniker at exactly the same time he stopped doing it. Remember how we heard Triple H had a lot of power during Mania weekend? That makes me think this whole weird Cesaro situation might be part of a power struggle between Kevin Dunn and Triple H.

This seems more accurate.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Is there a video game thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-5sGrtNFzg

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Though it'd probably be harder to get kids hyped for Sting in 2014, I always preferred when Sting didn't talk.

It's not like he's bad at it or anything. It was always just way cooler to me as a kid and sold me on the idea that he was an Undertaker-like mystical entity.

I'm probably biased though because the first time I saw Sting was Starrcade 97

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Looks like Mr. Borden worked his way out of t-shirt shape.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Did you know the WWE is mentioned in prophecy? Pastor Ray Brubaker knows.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

If Sami Zayn is one the roster than that probably means he's getting called up soon right? Either that or they're really going to push NXT hard.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
It's almost astounding how badly the Heyman/Cesaro pairing went. At least Curtis Axel got a title run out of his pairing.

D Lambent
Jul 28, 2014
I'm leaning further and further towards getting WWE Network. I work 2nd shift (3 PM to 11:30 PM) and never get a chance to see any of the shows as they happen and I just do not feel like trying to find a stream when I get home. It would be so much easier to just be able to pull it right up.

May just wait until Monday Night Wars are added, but I'm 65-35 right now on getting it this month.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Dimebags Brain posted:

If Sami Zayn is one the roster than that probably means he's getting called up soon right? Either that or they're really going to push NXT hard.
The way the games' rosters are locked into place so far ahead of time, it's more likely they're just including NXT as it currently is. They already did most of the NXT move sets last year and put in the arena, so it makes sense for them to include it properly this time around.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Dimebags Brain posted:

He has an action figure in the works. They serious about him.

WWE Network is rolling out Worldwide which means NXT is rolling out Worldwide to places international where it isn't airing already.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

They're serious about him until randomly one day for no reason they're not and he gets jobbed down to main event, then back to NXT and then released.

In WWE anymore you really can't be disappointed about your horse not finishing the race because they're in the business of breaking legs before any of them can hit their stride. It's bizarre.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

D Lambent posted:

I'm leaning further and further towards getting WWE Network. I work 2nd shift (3 PM to 11:30 PM) and never get a chance to see any of the shows as they happen and I just do not feel like trying to find a stream when I get home. It would be so much easier to just be able to pull it right up.

May just wait until Monday Night Wars are added, but I'm 65-35 right now on getting it this month.

Are you aware that they don't put up Raw and Smackdown until a month after they air?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Perigryn posted:

He does not have the time or effort to maintain possession of anything other than his rage.

We need a Drax emoticon even if it's a recolor of :kratos:

Drax is pretty much Kratos, only green and with the writer constantly taking the piss out of him.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Whover Sting starts shouting, I just hear "...the SHOCKMASTER!" regardless of what he's actually saying.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

First of all, Draxtista owned. GotG owned.

Secondly, I'm going to my first wwe event tomorrow for my brother's birthday. :toot: It's a house show and based on what people said here it's going to be fun. How long do those last normally? Tried to get time off for Monday but was rejected so I hope it isn't too long. I'm sticking around regardless, just wondering how much sleep i'll be getting.

D Lambent
Jul 28, 2014

Sono posted:

Are you aware that they don't put up Raw and Smackdown until a month after they air?

I was not. That's fuckin' awful. Not nearly as interested now.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

First of all, Draxtista owned. GotG owned.

Secondly, I'm going to my first wwe event tomorrow for my brother's birthday. :toot: It's a house show and based on what people said here it's going to be fun. How long do those last normally? Tried to get time off for Monday but was rejected so I hope it isn't too long. I'm sticking around regardless, just wondering how much sleep i'll be getting.

I've been to two. One was about 2.5 hours, the other about 2.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER
Not a really huge scoop, but I thought some folks on here might find it interesting.

Friend of mine "got a call" from WWE and is packing her bags. Not sure if it's an evaluation/testing or if she got a contract, but she's a graduate from Lance Storm's school, so this might be another indicator that they're trying to beef up the Diva's division with non-models.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Everyone please support Batista and go see GotG because it's movie of the summer.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

NickRoweFillea posted:

Everyone please support Batista and go see GotG because it's movie of the summer.

Mods please change my name to "THIS GREEN WHORE".

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I want Batista's new entrance music to be Come & Get Your Love by Redbone.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

GotG is fantastic and Batista is the second best character in it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
By the way even as Taker mark #1 who was there live in person when Taker got beat (I initially thought Taker kicked out, which was why Heyman was shocked when in reality it because Brock had WON), I have since come around to the fact that having Brock break the streak was perfect and I hope Lesnar continues wrecking poo poo. Why? Because Brock's a part-timer, and remains a part-timer. If some full time guy had broken The Streak, he'd need to lose too often. Giving it to Brock solidified Brock forever as an insta-win button and someone worth making GBS threads pants over.

I'm not saying Brock should never lose the titles but he should win them (and I believe he's going to, and lose them to Reigns at Mania, at which point much of PSP will probably get Real Mad but as it stands now I will mark out and laugh) and then Brock can leave for a while again to feud with Bryan or a returning Punk or something equally needing a huge fight feel.

I will be legitimately shocked if Cena wins at Summerslam. If Cena had lost at ER '12, I'd feel the opposite but I honestly think they'll have Brock win to generate excitement and set up a Cena/Brock rubber match down the line.

I guess the tl;dr is Brock owns and I hope he wins the titles and eventually loses them and everything Brock-related will continue to be a huge moment which is cool. :)

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I will be legitimately shocked if Cena wins at Summerslam.

I expect Brock to win, but I hope they have Rollins cash in the MitB to beat him for the title. Then Brock can disappear again for six months and meanwhile we'll have someone who provides more than a couple days of entertainment a year holding the belt.

That said, this is the one match where I hope Cena actually wins.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DFu4ever posted:

I expect Brock to win, but I hope they have Rollins cash in the MitB to beat him for the title. Then Brock can disappear again for six months and meanwhile we'll have someone who provides more than a couple days of entertainment a year holding the belt.

If Seth Rollins cashes in on Brock Lesnar and leaves with the title I'll piss off until WM31 etc :toxx: lol

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

DFu4ever posted:

I expect Brock to win, but I hope they have Rollins cash in the MitB

I forgot that this was an option and now I kind of want WWE to recreate that moment when Edge cashed in on John Cena for the first time... only this time it's Brock and he completely eats Rollins alive despite being through a match. Wouldn't even leave Rollins in any worse position, it's Brock after all.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DFu4ever posted:

So Rollins actually stands a chance on his cash-in?

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Grendels Dad posted:

I forgot that this was an option and now I kind of want WWE to recreate that moment when Edge cashed in on John Cena for the first time... only this time it's Brock and he completely eats Rollins alive despite being through a match. Wouldn't even leave Rollins in any worse position, it's Brock after all.

This would leave Rollins in a terrible position.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I will be legitimately shocked if Cena wins at Summerslam.

John Cena will come out at Summerslam in a glitter-covered Stormtrooper helmet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

This would leave Rollins in a terrible position.

It probably would, on the other hand what other options are there? Keep cockteasing Ambrose/rollins for another five months? That will certainly not leave anybody unsatisfied!

• Locked thread