Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Especially the line "Based on latest financial disclosure Games Workshop Group plc has Probability Of Bankruptcy of 71%. "

71% Probability of Bankruptcy. When? Within the next year? The next 10 years? Ever?

Within 2 years. They do kind of say that if you click the link. Although it seems like the language is still pretty loose, because their definition of what the 71% means seems to be "financial distress" and you need to go up to 90% Probability of Bankruptcy to have a "good chance" of lowercase-b bankruptcy.

Basically I'm not trusting that site very far, they seem like they're trying to sell you something and if you actually break down what they're saying it seems like all they're willing to come out and say is 'GW is looking a bit wobbly.' No poo poo, Sherlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The sad thing about the corporate world (and this thread, fun as it is) is that corporate death spirals can last a really long time. Lots of businesses that have lost touch with their consumers and misunderstood their value proposition can keep going past the point of losing money on a yearly basis. I doubt GW's going to pull out of this but I also really doubt that a company with room to downscale and their sheer number of assets could collapse in the next two years.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
See, e.g., Sears.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Bottom line- within the next 2 years we can price hikes while GW cuts things like Frogeworld, Mini Rulebooks, and Employee Coffee

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

:frog:world?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
So... no Frogdogs? :ohdear:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
You're telling me I've been buying from a recaster this whole time :mad:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

BULBASAUR posted:

Bottom line- within the next 2 years we can price hikes while GW cuts things like Frogeworld, Mini Rulebooks, and Employee Coffee

We never got Employee Coffee in Australia :(

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

JerryLee posted:

Within 2 years. They do kind of say that if you click the link. Although it seems like the language is still pretty loose, because their definition of what the 71% means seems to be "financial distress" and you need to go up to 90% Probability of Bankruptcy to have a "good chance" of lowercase-b bankruptcy.

Basically I'm not trusting that site very far, they seem like they're trying to sell you something and if you actually break down what they're saying it seems like all they're willing to come out and say is 'GW is looking a bit wobbly.' No poo poo, Sherlock.

The probability is if nothing changes over that time frame. Normally companies will see something going wrong and, you know, do something differently. Obviously, having a 71% chance of bankruptcy is a good thing to GW so we can expect them to tow the line.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
Yeah, I mean I have no idea if Macroaxis (the site that had the "71% bankruptcy chance" thing) is credible or full of poo poo or what. Though I will say that they appear to be some kind of portfolio management firm or something? So not sure what they would be "selling" to someone by saying that GW has a high probability of going bankrupt, because I can't see where it would benefit them from telling people "don't buy GW stock" (though granted I also don't have a real idea of how these things work so I could be completely wrong in that regard).

Anyhow I wouldn't doubt GW has a chance of going bankrupt within 2 years because they seem to have reached the tipping point to where charging more for their products to sell them to less people is going to start not being profitable any more. Also I have my doubts as to how quickly Kirby's management culture influence can be excised (though it's certainly not impossible that it may happen) in order for them to turn things around. Time will tell.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

They had some kind of profile linked in Barron's which is a legit financial paper. Them saying that GW can fail is basically the same as telling their readers that the risk is not worth investing in. Something as simple as GW changing management throws that number out the window, though, as it assumes that absolutely nothing changes and they stay on their current trends.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

WAR FOOT posted:

We never got Employee Coffee in Australia :(

We don't get employee coffee in Britain either.

TEA, man, tea.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Yeah, I mean I have no idea if Macroaxis (the site that had the "71% bankruptcy chance" thing) is credible or full of poo poo or what.

Economics tip number one in a series of 2: All predictions in economics are lies.
tip 2 is don't believe any tips you hear about economics.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

The glue trap works perfectly!

thespaceinvader posted:

We don't get employee coffee in Britain either.

TEA, man, tea.

This is the most interesting thing happening in the thread at the moment.

I've never been to anywhere in Britain, but is tea to you guys like coffee for us Americas where most people drink coffee here, but there is also a really large amount of people who prefer tea instead. Or does tea vastly dominate over coffee?

In my experience in the states, it's usually about a 3/4 coffee to 1/4 tea drinker ratio.

Oh and I hope GW doesn't go out of business, or something. I like playing their games.

Edit: Allow me to revise my speculation. It's more like 5/6 coffee to 1/6 tea over here.

Dump_Stat fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 4, 2014

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Dump_Stat posted:

This is the most interesting thing happening in the thread at the moment.

I've never been to anywhere in Britain, but is tea to you guys like coffee for us Americas where most people drink coffee here, but there is also a really large amount of people who prefer tea instead. Or does tea vastly dominate over coffee?

In my experience in the states, it's usually about a 3/4 coffee to 1/4 tea drinker ratio.

Oh and I hope GW doesn't go out of business, or something. I like playing their games.

Edit: Allow me to revise my speculation. It's more like 5/6 coffee to 1/6 tea over here.

I lived in the UK for a couple of years and people do drink a lot of tea over there, to be sure. I dunno how it is these days, but it was rare to be offered "a coffee" when visiting pals during my time there. Whereas most everyone you'd visit would ask if you'd like a nice cup of tea. :)

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I lived in the UK for a couple of years and people do drink a lot of tea over there, to be sure. I dunno how it is these days, but it was rare to be offered "a coffee" when visiting pals during my time there. Whereas most everyone you'd visit would ask if you'd like a nice cup of tea. :)

Now, is there a Starbucks equivalent, but for tea? That would be neat to check out.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Dump_Stat posted:

Now, is there a Starbucks equivalent, but for tea? That would be neat to check out.

I honestly don't recall as I don't think I ever looked for one, really. The last time I was there was 2003 and I just went to an actual Starbucks in London. v:shobon:v

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Dump_Stat posted:

In Germany they still have Starbucks but they only serve espresso-based drinks. When I went over to the 200th Oktoberbest, I ended up missing regular-rear end coffee more than anything.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

In Germany they still have Starbucks but they only serve espresso-based drinks. When I went over to the 200th Oktoberbest, I ended up missing regular-rear end coffee more than anything.

Is drip coffee not a thing over there? Don't get me wrong, I love a good espresso, but every once in a while you want a mellow cup of light roast to kick back and relax with.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Dump_Stat posted:

Is drip coffee not a thing over there? Don't get me wrong, I love a good espresso, but every once in a while you want a mellow cup of light roast to kick back and relax with.

The closest thing I could get to American coffee was, well, an Americano :v:.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

The closest thing I could get to American coffee was, well, an Americano :v:.

Can we have a GW Deathpool / Tea and Coffee thread, so when we tire from warring about things like box art, we can relax and discuss some of the simpler pleasures in life?

Ok, I'll stop derailing :) :11tea:

Dump_Stat fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 4, 2014

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Coffeehammer, like beerhammer but for recovering alcoholics. Or just coffee addicts.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

JerryLee posted:

Coffeehammer, like beerhammer but for recovering alcoholics. Or just coffee addicts.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only café au lait. :v:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I tend to have a tea while playing warmachine. Sometimes my buddies have one too.

But tea is also the closest thing I have to an addiction so I dunno if that means anything.

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
Down in Australia my meta is divided between the slightly older guys who'll generally drink some variety of coffee while gaming, and the younger set who'll drink horrific energy drink things like they're doing out of fashion.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
You guys are insane. Tea? Coffee? The answer is beer, or vodka (in full on alcoholism flask form)

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

BULBASAUR posted:

You guys are insane. Tea? Coffee? The answer is beer, or vodka (in full on alcoholism flask form)

Some of us play in public spaces :v:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

i prefer chai tea when i'm smashing barbies :shrug:

edit: at home i'll take a nice ipa and incorporate my hookah into the terrain though for maximum goon

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Dump_Stat posted:

Ok, I'll stop derailing :) :11tea:

Don't think anyone cares dude.

I will usually drink a rum based drink or wine while laying 40k, you know to make it actually entertaining.

Coffee > tea in the morning. Some times a nice cuppa makes a nice change though.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Tea tea tea. Tea at home, coffee at work. Occasionally I'll have a bit of a polar shift and they'll swap around but for the most part it's tea when gaming.

Tea. Aww yis.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
My vice in life, besides spae barbies, is tea. 420k tea every day

S.J. posted:

Some of us play in public spaces :v:

BULBASAUR used full-on-alcoholism pocket flask! It's very effective!

e: Don't do this around children

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

i came into my FLGS drunk once and i don't recommend it, its like hiding your high from your parents in high school

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

i came into my FLGS drunk once and i don't recommend it, its like hiding your high from your parents in high school

Oh come on. The best way to go to the FLGS is blitzed, provided you aren't driving. It's the best way to play Magic. Especially when you annoy the try hards by obviously not giving a gently caress one way or the other. Better to win while blitzed but.. optional.

I don't even drink hardly ever and I know this to kick rear end. Normally though it's those Blue Monster Zero drinks or some form of coffee for gaming. The odd soda is nice too. Sadly I am running out off my favorite tea bag tea even though I bought a couple boxes a few years back. Eggnoggin is/was some tasty stuff for the price.

Sadly nobody wants to go to the sports bar right next door to the nerd shop. I'd love to get a drink after the gaming sometimes.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

It used to own gaming at the GW in Den Haag because there was 4 bars within about 20 meters, one of them being a gay bar. :kimchi:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

How do you have any money, spend all your money, at the gay bar, gay bar, gay bar if you go to a GW store first? :haw:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

How do you have any money, spend all your money, at the gay bar, gay bar, gay bar if you go to a GW store first? :haw:

Well, at least starting a nuclear war is easy if someone remembered to bring Deathstrikes

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010

Captain Rufus posted:

Sadly nobody wants to go to the sports bar right next door to the nerd shop. I'd love to get a drink after the gaming sometimes.

We have a hipster cafe that's open late on gaming nights just around the corner from our local nerd shop. It's fun having a cafe full of trendies and 4 guys discussing the validity of Fists of Halak vs a Warder brick.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

The staff from my old local GW could often be found at our 'go to' pub in town on a Friday night, still wearing their GW clobber, I'd occasionally go sit with them whilst waiting for my mates to turn up (being the one guy who always got somewhere on time and/or earlier than planned for)

I don't drink much these days (if at all) v:shobon:v

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
GW stock is climbing again today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

GW stock is climbing again today.

Well, why don't you just tear my heart out and stomp on it. :mad:

• Locked thread