Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
http://www.bundlestars.com/store/demonicon-the-dark-eye/

You can have the best eastern european incestuous dragon age 2-style rpg known to man for only six bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

corn in the bible posted:

http://www.bundlestars.com/store/demonicon-the-dark-eye/

You can have the best eastern european incestuous dragon age 2-style rpg known to man for only six bucks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_tB7iszY90

That fucken game.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

its revealed later that they're not actually related by blood

instead, they're both unrelated satanic rosemary's babies who got adopted by the same guy later on

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

its revealed later that they're not actually related by blood

instead, they're both unrelated satanic rosemary's babies who got adopted by the same guy later on
Is it a Baldur's Gate fanfic?

And is it at all playable between the long talks?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

THE EYES

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

This might be one of the ugliest games I've ever seen.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

SelenicMartian posted:

Is it a Baldur's Gate fanfic?

And is it at all playable between the long talks?

it's playable, if you like action rpgs. you don't get a party or anything, it's just one dude against the world

one (mandatory) quest involves a brothel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39wqqEnL8Fk

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

it's playable, if you like action rpgs. you don't get a party or anything, it's just one dude against the world

one (mandatory) quest involves a brothel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39wqqEnL8Fk

So it's basically a less competent The Witcher?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Yodzilla posted:

This might be one of the ugliest games I've ever seen.

Yeah, no kidding. I cringed looking at the video. Especially at that loving scene where the guy with glasses stared me down right through the screen while blinking constantly looking like this: :stare: for at least 15 seconds. Sweet Jesus :lol:

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure how much to read into this, but playfire has rewards for Transistor this week. Could this be the long awaited prophecy of finally seeing Transistor on GMG?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Jerusalem posted:

It was a nightmare getting everything running but now it seems like everything works as it should. Though for some reason Episodes From Liberty City installs as a completely separate install despite using most of the same files as GTAIV, so I'll have to install 15gb all over again if I want to play it again.

It's because they're standalone expansions so you have to duplicate all of the stuff over again.

I remember Valve had a thing where if you installed a Source Engine game it would not download the redundant Source parts so I wonder if you could do the same thing with third party games.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Haven't there been Playfire rewards for games you can't buy on GMG before? Dunno why it matters whether the game is sold there when you'd likely just be getting a Steam key anyway.

Saint Isz
Aug 6, 2001

Ninkobei posted:

I'm not sure how much to read into this, but playfire has rewards for Transistor this week. Could this be the long awaited prophecy of finally seeing Transistor on GMG?

This is the second time Transistor has had rewards on Playfire though so I wouldn't hold your breath. It has been a regular thing for them to give rewards for stuff on sale at Steam.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Speaking of Bundle Stars: http://www.bundlestars.com/store/shadowrun-online/
Yeah no... It's the Jagged Alliance Online dev team as far as I can tell. Being a sane person I ignored the Jagged Alliance part in the title and it still played like a tablet lite-strategy game.
But this time they want money upfront! :v:

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Groupees' Build a Be Mine bundle.

Select from:

Lili: Child of Geos
100% Orange Juice
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiß
Little Big Adventure (steam key coming in future)
99 Spirits
99 Spirits: Cage of Night
BloodRayne (GOG key)
Isomer (early access)
The Book of Legends

min. 2 games

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

quote:

If you’ve enjoyed Zelda, Broken Age, or Psychonauts come on an adventure with Lili!
Why?

Among the anime art the Fall Weiss description is pure :poland:
Isn't that the wargame in which one Polish interceptor literally operates better than any other nation's entire interceptor squadrons?

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Manatee Cannon posted:

Haven't there been Playfire rewards for games you can't buy on GMG before? Dunno why it matters whether the game is sold there when you'd likely just be getting a Steam key anyway.

Yeah, I think they also had rewards for Dynasty Warriors 8 at launch and it's still not on GMG. I have $20 in credit waiting, GMG.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Indiegala bundle this week:

$1.79 first 24 hours

Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams
Omegalodon
Helldorado
Robot Rescue Revolution
Diamond Dan
Guise of the Wolf
Koala Kids (greenlight)

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Lili looks great, so if anyone wants to split the bundle let me know. It's really the only thing I am interested in.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Dark Scavenger is half off this week. It's good, buy it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Quest For Glory II posted:

Indiegala bundle this week:

$1.79 first 24 hours

Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams
Omegalodon
Helldorado
Robot Rescue Revolution
Diamond Dan
Guise of the Wolf
Koala Kids (greenlight)

Giana Sisters is supposed to be good, right?

Haven't heard of any of the others.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

It's the game where Your Mother is an inventory item, and you can use it to bribe people, right?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

PantsBandit posted:

It's good for a while but towards the end of the game it devolves into almost Kaizo levels of bullshit platforming and I never beat it. I hear the sequel, Rise of the Owlverlord is a lot better about it but I haven't started it yet.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 4, 2014

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

SelenicMartian posted:

It's the game where Your Mother is an inventory item, and you can use it to bribe people, right?

I don't think I got that follower. But I did get the Dentist's Drill, which deals more damage to enemies if their sprite has its mouth open.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

PantsBandit posted:

I thought it was really boring rote platformer

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

grancheater posted:

Yeah, I think they also had rewards for Dynasty Warriors 8 at launch and it's still not on GMG. I have $20 in credit waiting, GMG.

I just signed up for Playfire so still figuring out how it works. I can't get credit for achievements that I got before they were rewards, correct? Like there are currently rewards for Sine Mora but I already have them, there's no way to reset them in Steam or anything like that right?

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Killer is Dead on sale on Steam today. I played that one on the Wii with the lightsaber motion controls and enjoyed it, will I like this?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Not necessarily. I think this is one of those games that have Suda51's name on the box but weren't actually headed up by him. There's an LP in the sub forum of it going right now you could check out to see if it does anything for you.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Manatee Cannon posted:

Not necessarily. I think this is one of those games that have Suda51's name on the box but weren't actually headed up by him. There's an LP in the sub forum of it going right now you could check out to see if it does anything for you.

He's just asking about the controls. He's already played the game.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Drifter posted:

He's just asking about the controls. He's already played the game.

No, he's saying he played No More Heroes and wants to know if Killer is Dead is as good. The answer is no, KiD is a bad game.

BillyBlanks
Oct 5, 2000
Silent Storm Gold is on sale for $2.49

Frankly anyone who doesn't buy this is a fool.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Rookersh posted:

No, he's saying he played No More Heroes and wants to know if Killer is Dead is as good. The answer is no, KiD is a bad game.

Is it just me or do they really like putting Suda's name on it when he has no involvement whatsoever. I mean I can understand when movies do it like from the DIRECTOR of the Dark Knight because it is actually Nolan directing.

Here, it feels more of a marketing ploy. (which is what they were going for probably :v: )

Also yeah a bit bummed KID is actually crap.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Hogo Fogo posted:

Groupees' Build a Be Mine bundle.

Select from:

Lili: Child of Geos
100% Orange Juice
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiß
Little Big Adventure (steam key coming in future)
99 Spirits
99 Spirits: Cage of Night
BloodRayne (GOG key)
Isomer (early access)
The Book of Legends

min. 2 games

how much are these bundles? i don't see a price anywhere

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

Rookersh posted:

That's what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
KiD is just more cargo cult Suda.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I missed the Firefall chat, but what the gently caress is up with the NPCs in that game? Each one has an in-game model, a portrait, and a voiceover, and none of them match. There's a bartender I had to talk to at one point that looked like some goofy white guy with weird hair. When his portrait came up he was a super cut anime dude. And then his VO started and it was basically Michael Clarke Duncan.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Davincie posted:

how much are these bundles? i don't see a price anywhere

You choose - minimum is $1.50 I believe.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

Ragequit posted:

Lili looks great, so if anyone wants to split the bundle let me know. It's really the only thing I am interested in.

I'm interested in 99 Spirits. Not seeing anything else though. I already have 100% Orange Juice, which is pretty fun for a rigged board game.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ragequit posted:

You choose - minimum is $1.50 I believe.

depends what you pick. some are .50 and some are 1.00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

It's good. It's no Rayman Origins/Legends but it's good. It is mostly an... environment? platformer where most of the challenge comes from navigating hazards rather than defeating the relatively few and easy enemies there are, beyond bosses. I did think the levels went on for too long and the checkpoints were too spread out, though I think they added more checkpoints in after I finished it.

I haven't heard of any of the rest except Guise of the Wolf which is one of the lesser-known infamously bad games that got put on Steam, though it was before Greenlight so it didn't get the same attention.

• Locked thread