Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Oh cool Gary took over for Giovanni? I never knew that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

its pretty hosed up and bullshit that after red leaves the pokemon league gary gets kicked back to lovely gym leader status instead of getting his champion title back

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Soral posted:

its pretty hosed up and bullshit that after red leaves the pokemon league gary gets kicked back to lovely gym leader status instead of getting his champion title back

Being a gym leader seems like it's a sweet loving deal though, you get lots of dosh and you get a warehouse that you can turn into some bizarre castle or whatever you want.

Soral
May 30, 2009

maybe but its a clear power play on lance's part since he becomes the champ in spite of being owned by gary and red, a guy who has owned gary many times

Soral
May 30, 2009

post your pokemon league politics & conspiracies in this thread

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

reds father was a ditto

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Prof. Oak invented the whole pokemon organization before they were even fully researched so he could use 10 year olds as slaves rather than risking a grad student intern to go fill the pokedex.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
being a gym leader sounds like a sweeter deal. you get to hang out in a city and almost nobody will ever make it to you and you can go like "yeah i'm the 8th gym leader" and everyone will buy you pokemon beer

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

being a gym leader sounds like a sweeter deal. you get to hang out in a city and almost nobody will ever make it to you and you can go like "yeah i'm the 8th gym leader" and everyone will buy you pokemon beer

What if your straight edge.

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope

Wormskull posted:

What if your straight edge.

nobody is straight edge in the pokemon universe

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Soral posted:

there are a ton of pokemen that i worked on levelling up that im not using just now. in particular i got wormskull up to level 47 but gloom's move pool is kinda weak tbh

I am Maro-whack.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I better not of been made a Vileplume or Bellossom in this one.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
a few of the gym leaders actively don't want to fight i think, just hang out and ride the glory

surge makes you dig through garbage cans, sabrina did that dick move teleport maze, giovanni locked his door and went on a business vacation, and koga and blaine have done effective techniques to completely remove their gyms from my memory

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

a few of the gym leaders actively don't want to fight i think, just hang out and ride the glory

surge makes you dig through garbage cans, sabrina did that dick move teleport maze, giovanni locked his door and went on a business vacation, and koga and blaine have done effective techniques to completely remove their gyms from my memory

Koga lives near the epic rear end Safari.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And Blaine's on that really annoying island, IIRC... So that's how they did it I guess.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

rip me, i will live on in the hall of fame

No Such Thing posted:

I like the pokemon that comes into being after dangerous moon radiation hits a pile of sewage
drifloon carries kids that grab onto its arms straight to hell. metal as gently caress

Soral
May 30, 2009

Wormskull posted:

You are a very powerful gloom, which is to say youre kind of weak but still a gloom

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Don't be so Gloom-y wormskull :haw:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You're a real scent-sation on Soral's team

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
quit stinking up the thread with bad jokes

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i have synesthesia

your joke literally smells like dog poo poo

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
this is what gloom probably smells like tho

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

The Protagonist posted:

Holy poo poo, what IS that eldritch horror :stonk:

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Fenrir posted:

it's a Pokémon, try to keep up

RumbleInTheBumble
Jul 1, 2009

The Protagonist posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafflesia_arnoldii

"It has a very strong and horrible odor of decaying flesh" :gonk:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I evolved awesome!

Is Porygons evolution any good?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

RumbleInTheBumble posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafflesia_arnoldii

"It has a very strong and horrible odor of decaying flesh" :gonk:

huh, same

Soral
May 30, 2009

Widestancer posted:

I evolved awesome!

i sure hope so!!

Soral
May 30, 2009

Fenrir posted:

its the big dumb flower you get in your animal crossing town if you dont pick up the weeds

gloom and vileplume are those things, also

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Soral posted:

i sure hope so!!

It's a pretty good pokemon, and it has an ability that raises your special attack or regular attack depending on which of your opponents defense levels are lower.

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

Porygon Trail

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Gloom is my spirit animal because I drool a lot and smell beastly dead.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

rename imp zone this

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Widestancer posted:

I evolved awesome!

it's pretty good but it gets even better the next time it evolves, its special attack goes through the roof and becomes a lot faster.

soral what ability does that porygon2 have? if it has trace then it'll change to adaptability when it evolves, which'll make its tri attacks and hyper beams do insane damage

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Grapplejack posted:

It's a pretty good pokemon, and it has an ability that raises your special attack or regular attack depending on which of your opponents defense levels are lower.

porygon 2 is more well-rounded while porygon z is more offensive

Soral
May 30, 2009

sharrrk posted:

it's pretty good but it gets even better the next time it evolves, its special attack goes through the roof and becomes a lot faster.

soral what ability does that porygon2 have? if it has trace then it'll change to adaptability when it evolves, which'll make its tri attacks and hyper beams do insane damage

it does have trace, but keep in mind that i may or may not ever get the dubious disc because the randomizer

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oh right, forgot about that. i just sort of figured the randomizer let all trade evolutions evolve by level, but i guess it would still need the item. well nm then

Soral
May 30, 2009

trade evolutions that involve an item are triggered by levelling once with the item being held, regular trade evolutions are set to evolve at level 36/37

Soral
May 30, 2009

i have yet to find a tm with flash in it. this poo poo loving sucks

uhhhh......

:glomp:

grabbed the radio upgrade from lavender then doubled back to vermillion to get to pewter through the diglett cave, where i can finally get these fossils extracted

snipped like an hour and a half of training more pokemon up to be usable

brock was using electric types in this game

ok, whatever. ive been putting off dealing with how broken misty and her gym is right now, so i went about fixing it

used an action replay code to give me all the badges, then held start + select while walking into her gym to make it appear in the beaten state. however misty will not fight us if we have her badge, even if shes technically not fought yet, so i use another action replay code to do this

from this point on i can not save for risk of loving up the quest flags royally, so the game turns into a game of juggling the two action replay codes while i speed run the next 3 gyms

:ironicat:

misty had a ton of powerful bug types. this guy and scizor and yanmega. it was the first time id felt threatened by a bug type trainer

so now i gotta run all the way to pallet and surf down to seafoam to get the volcano badge, then back up to viridian for the final badge

all he could do was harden

surfed past ever trainer except for the two required fights and beelined for this rear end in a top hat

snip

completely uneventful. he went down like a total bitch and it was just a plain old boring fight. he had electric types like brock

gary still #1

widestancer has her own rival like doctor goat

smacked down with ease :hellyeah:

:smug:

that's the last badge in this entire broken-rear end game!

one last thing left to do in this game before i can stop playing this bloated, shambling corpse of a pokemon game. next time, this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Isn't this the one where you interrupt misty trying to nail some chick or whatever

• Locked thread