Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

I really think he should get the Nobel Peace Prize. In a fair world he would get it.

Who is she talking about?

Netanyahu

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6cDvtsRSQk

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Given the probabilities involved, the second one is more reasonable :colbert:

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) confronted due to his opposition to DACA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI8rCleTbSo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Action_for_Childhood_Arrivals#Republican_response

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I love Rand Paul in the background

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Little Blackfly posted:

Netanyahu

Well, she's technically right. In a fair world Netanyahu wouldn't have been brought up in a manner to suggest that Palestinians aren't subhuman filth and he'd fight to ensure that they were treated with just as much respect as his own people.

Sadly we're not IN that loving fair world and Netanyahu thinks all Palestinians need to just die and stop taking up all that fine Jewish real estate. :argh:

Russian Soldier takes a selfie, unfortunately his Geo tags were on. Revealing that he is in fact, in Ukraine and Putin is a lying sack of poo poo. To the absolute surprise of nobody.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

E-Tank posted:

Well, she's technically right. In a fair world Netanyahu wouldn't have been brought up in a manner to suggest that Palestinians aren't subhuman filth and he'd fight to ensure that they were treated with just as much respect as his own people.

Sadly we're not IN that loving fair world and Netanyahu thinks all Palestinians need to just die and stop taking up all that fine Jewish real estate. :argh:

Russian Soldier takes a selfie, unfortunately his Geo tags were on. Revealing that he is in fact, in Ukraine and Putin is a lying sack of poo poo. To the absolute surprise of nobody.

This is the second time this has happened

This is Russian artillery shelling positions in the Ukraine posted on Facebook by a Russian soldier.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:ironicat:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Iggy Pop. The uniformed man is his fellow Stooge Ron Asheton, who had a bit of a Nazism fixation.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Iggy Pop is often seen working with genocidal regimes.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Also he tried to rape a kid

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

Rand alPaul posted:

Sorry we can't afford decent healthcare. Need that money for expensive warplanes that don't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z32bNoFKWto

(this version sucks -- the original Pete Seeger one was way better)

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Little Blackfly posted:

Netanyahu

The Noble Peace Prize has been joke for a long time now. Here are my favorites chronologically ending with my favorite:

2012 - For over six decades contributed to the advancement of peace and reconciliation, democracy and human rights in Europe.
2009 - For his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples.
2001 - For their work for a better organized and more peaceful world.
1994 - For their efforts to create peace in the Middle East.
1973 - For the 1973 Paris agreement intended to bring about a cease-fire in the Vietnam war and a withdrawal of the American forces

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

MizPiz posted:

The Noble Peace Prize has been joke for a long time now.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

What's the joke? :saddowns:

E: Ohhhhhhhh. My brain just corrected the typo automatically. Didn't notice it at all.

Political Whores fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 6, 2014

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Little Blackfly posted:

:ughh:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Little Blackfly posted:

MizPiz posted:

The Noble Peace Prize
They're noble gases, as opposed to Alfred Nobel

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Autistic nerds itt.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Paper With Lines posted:

(this version sucks -- the original Pete Seeger one was way better)
Here you go.

Content: It's an interactive chart so I can't do much with a picture, but unemployment exceeds job openings in every industry. Next time somebody tells you that "oh, they/you can just find a better job elsewhere", you can show them just how full of poo poo they are.

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

Mount Polley Mine tailings water 'very close' to drinking quality, company says
Imperial Metals president Brian Kynoch says he would drink water from tailings pond that leaked into rivers

"The company said the tailings are not acid-generating and the water is alkaline with a pH of roughly 8.5, but it could not confirm the exact quantity and composition of the discharged wastewater."

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Throwdini posted:

Mount Polley Mine tailings water 'very close' to drinking quality, company says
Imperial Metals president Brian Kynoch says he would drink water from tailings pond that leaked into rivers

"The company said the tailings are not acid-generating and the water is alkaline with a pH of roughly 8.5, but it could not confirm the exact quantity and composition of the discharged wastewater."

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

darthbob88 posted:

Here you go.

Content: It's an interactive chart so I can't do much with a picture, but unemployment exceeds job openings in every industry. Next time somebody tells you that "oh, they/you can just find a better job elsewhere", you can show them just how full of poo poo they are.

"Well, you should have gone to College/Learned a Trade/Joined the Military. Every one knows that STEM majors/Trade Jobs/the Armed Forces are recession proof. You're just making excuses!"

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

The Chino Mine near Santa Rita, New Mexico. It was once the largest open pit mine in the world, though it lost that title to Chuquicamata in Chile. It was also once the site of the mine worker's towns of Santa Rita and Turnerville before they were consumed by the mine and the workers were moved to new towns. Santa Rita in particular has a long history, founded by the Spanish and later in Mexican and American control. The town was also besieged by the Chihenne Apache Chief, Dasoda-hae (Mangas Coloradas). But none of this history mattered when it came to copper and it's been part of the mine since the 1950s.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

MizPiz posted:

The Noble Peace Prize has been joke for a long time now. Here are my favorites chronologically ending with my favorite:

1973 - For the 1973 Paris agreement intended to bring about a cease-fire in the Vietnam war and a withdrawal of the American forces

"Political satire became obsolete when Henry Kissinger was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize."
-Tom Lehrer on why he stopped making new music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frAEmhqdLFs

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sonko pictured here with Shebesh's wife.

And I like to think here as well.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Aug 6, 2014

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
January 2012

May 2012

May 2012

September 2012

October 2012

March 2013

August 2013

October 2013

December 2013

March 2014

April 2014

Today

gently caress off Boris.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Iraqi Yazidis: 'If we move they will kill us'

ISIS, ISIL or whatever are basically rounding them up and letting them starve to death. Too bad Israel is busy killing Palestinians, I know some people nearby who really could use a violent death.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Barry is back with another series of awkward pictures

More https://www.flickr.com/photos/statephotos/

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

The amount of 'So much for your minimum wage rise :smug: ' in the comments is amazing.

• Locked thread