Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

There is nothing more accurate than this.

Didn't that Dinner Impossible episode have everyone in kayfabe?

The preview clip did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

There is nothing more accurate than this.

Didn't that Dinner Impossible episode have everyone in kayfabe?

Santino elbowed a bowl of eggs. That was seriously the best part.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Also Miz was a giant jerk and insisted on some sort of ice cream/hard candy desert called the Skull Crushing Finale. The whole episode is really wonderful and I recommend it.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Gaz-L posted:

I think people are being confused by the wording in the news items and such.

There's gonna be 3 pricepoints.

6 month commitment, $9.99 per mth
No commitment, $19.99 per mth
6 month package, $60 up front. (or $59.93 or whatever.)

No man, it's gonna be $9.99. They said it on RAW. Nine Ninety Nine.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shima Honnou posted:

While true, the average person will look and see "$19.99" because not everyone is an internet smark who knows all the price points. Your average Joe (AKA, the people who haven't bought The Network, and also not your Samoa Joes) will see that price and think "What the gently caress is this poo poo, those lying fuckers."

This is how basically every single company in the world handles this type of thing though. They advertise the lowest possible price-point to get the customers in, the customer sees the more expensive price, query it, and get told,"Oh no you can have that lower price you just need to do <x>". In this case, <x> is "make a six month commitment".

Nobody is going to flip their poo poo over this unless getting the WWE Network is literally the first time they have ever bought anything from any company in their entire lives.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Almost nothing the announcers say sounds very genuine, and telling us to buy the Network instead of what's actually on it doesn't help. But I have to say, as blatant as the 9.99 thing was, at least it seemed like they were having fun with it instead of just "oh yeah, five minutes passed, Network, go for it." Just like those old DX merch promos.

In general though, WWE seems to not understand how to connect with the audience and even actively despises them. How many times has Trips opened the show with a "aw did someone not get what they wanted" promo, or a "gee, I'm gonna go complain about it on the internet with my friend Mark." Obviously with the 700,000 subscriber number announced on Thursday, they were taking a jab at everyone who hadn't bought it yet.

And on the subject of Restaurant Impossible, yeah, Santino was acting silly and incompetent and fought with The Miz, and Robert got pissed at them both.

Back on the subject of twitter, Orton's still dealing with that woman:

Basically he says she waited outside the gym to get a photo with him to taunt his girlfriend, not knowing who she was, and she's a stalker.

OmegaBR fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Aug 6, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

OmegaBR posted:

In general though, WWE seems to not understand how to connect with the audience and even actively despises them. How many times has Trips opened the show with a "aw did someone not get what they wanted" promo, or a "gee, I'm gonna go complain about it on the internet with my friend Mark." Obviously with the 700,000 subscriber number announced on Thursday, they were taking a jab at everyone who hadn't bought it yet.

On the other hand those promos are all hilarious and tend to make PSP love HHH even more, so idk if it's actually having the negative effect you think it does.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I had completely forgotten about the DX theme Christmas remix.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

OmegaBR posted:

How many times has Trips opened the show with a "aw did someone not get what they wanted" promo, or a "gee, I'm gonna go complain about it on the internet with my friend Mark."

Once and zero times respectively hth

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Mob posted:

Once and zero times respectively hth

Actually I thnik he's said both those lines recently.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 6, 2014

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

No, he said him and Mark would stop watching, which is not exactly those lines.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
I didn't cancel my network subscription but my friend Mark did.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Kinda hoping Paige trots this line out again the next time there's an obnoxious CM Punk chant.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

pressedbunny posted:

Kinda hoping Paige trots this line out again the next time there's an obnoxious CM Punk chant.

She needs to come out as CM Paige with "Cult of Personality" playing. Cut a promo about liking crazy chicks.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
With the Panda Pops panda crudely drawn on her shoulder in Berol felt tip.

(And there's the most obscure joke ever made in PSP history.)

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

pressedbunny posted:

With the Panda Pops panda crudely drawn on her shoulder in Berol felt tip.

(And there's the most obscure joke ever made in PSP history.)

Most obscure, but quite possibly my favourite

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Angular Landbury posted:

I didn't cancel my network subscription but my friend Mark did.
Mark is smart

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
This is totally going to end well. Yes sir. (Coconono's reply left in)

https://twitter.com/pyroballyhoo/status/497002304109694976

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Coco needs to go on with questions furnished by psp, right?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Red is Dead posted:

Nope, just let coco shine, we'll find out all the butt-related and dick size info well need

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Ryback rules
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gf9JiSM7RMM

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Red is Dead posted:

Coco works best with no script

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

The greatest AMA in our sport.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I don't think Russo and Batista ever shared a company, so clearly someone hsould ask how big Jeff Jarrett's dick is.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I don't think Russo and Batista ever shared a company, so clearly someone hsould ask how big Jeff Jarrett's dick is.

He was in WWE for a minute in mid 2002 so there's still a chance.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Was this actually directed at Coco or just a general "Boo to you smarks" thing?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Manwithastick posted:

Was this actually directed at Coco or just a general "Boo to you smarks" thing?

The latter, and I think it was more directed to industry people (wrestlers, etc) than smarks. I doubt he wants to debate random goons on his podcast.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

The latter, and I think it was more directed to industry people (wrestlers, etc) than smarks. I doubt he wants to debate random goons on his podcast.

Asking VinRu to walk me through booking a women's segment would be a ratings bonanza. Establishing what his favorite finger smells are would be icing.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

coconono posted:

Asking VinRu to walk me through booking a women's segment would be a ratings bonanza. Establishing what his favorite finger smells are would be icing.

If you actually were able to get on his cast, I would actually listen to it

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

I wonder if he has a favourite anime or if he'd just answer 'Thundercats'?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

On the other hand those promos are all hilarious and tend to make PSP love HHH even more, so idk if it's actually having the negative effect you think it does.

Personally I think they get old pretty quick, mostly because they're in response to a lackluster reaction to something they did, and then followed by a pretty lackluster RAW to boot. I just think they would be better served actually fixing that reaction and generating excitement for the audience, rather than trying to take shots at them. And the whole 9.99 thing is cute and all, but it's really no more effective than repeating that they have a network in the first place. Will it really get anybody to buy the Network compared to, say, bringing up classic moments that you might have forgotten about?

Mob posted:

No, he said him and Mark would stop watching, which is not exactly those lines.

Actually he said that he would go on the internet and "tweet his displeasure," maybe send an Instagram or Vine, threaten to riot, and if that didn't work, that then maybe he and his friend Mark would stop watching. But let's not pretend you don't get the point.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

did KISS have an anime? That'd be his favorite.

E: content
https://twitter.com/pyroballyhoo/status/497119151077724160

Vince "BASTARD" Russo posted:

My wife's gonna yell at me if she sees me looking at these Lana pictures for a second straight day.

coconono fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 6, 2014

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

DarkstarIV posted:

Have Big Dave dominate this jabroni

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

coconono posted:

did KISS have an anime? That'd be his favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D8J_sywY00

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Vince Russo posted:

LOOK rear end in a top hat, I'M A WHITE AMERICAN GUY, SO I WANNA SEE WHITE AMERICANS IN MY CARTOONS. I DON'T GIVE A poo poo ABOUT NO JAPANIMATION, I DON'T GIVE A poo poo ABOUT NO MEXICOMATION, AND THAT poo poo JUST DON'T DRAW IN THE STATES, YOU HEAR ME, BRO?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

He'd be right, it's drawn in Japan. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Great White Hope posted:

He'd be right, it's drawn in Japan. :v:
And sometimes Korea and China.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

OmegaBR posted:

But let's not pretend you don't get the point.

The point is you literally were trying to imply he's done it a bunch of times and you got corrected.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

You're allowed to just admit you're wrong or wanted to exaggerate things because you have a hard-on for dat mean ol' Triple H

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Nah a hard-on would be posting about it twice in a row. Hey, I didn't mean to imply it's happened dozens of times or anything, and I'll admit I think Triple H is totally full of himself and always has been to some degree, despite his new responsibilities. But it's happened more than once recently, and the real point is, they're not adverse to doing these promos where they talk all about themselves and take jabs at the audience. The same audience they want to use social media in the first place to tweet hashtags all night and check out the App and buy/promote the Network, etc.

And I get that Triple H is a heel, and I'm not so jaded that I can't crack a smirk when he shoots a reference to us internet guys, but let's not pretend they aren't airing their grievances over the air either. Considering they're on track to break WCW 2000's record for most money lost by a wrestling company in a year, I just think there are better uses of their flagship show's screentime. Like, actually getting us excited for the rest of the program and why we should stick around (announcing matches and Roman Reigns coming out to confront them is a prime example.) That's all I'm saying.