Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Soulcleaver posted:

I was hoping Saitama would knock out stupid jerk loli and anyone else who mouthed off to him for saving the world. Shows what I know about his personality.

I'm not entirely sure she'd survive it if he did. Actually, that's not true; I'm pretty sure she'd be paste if he tried anything along those lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
God i love this too much. ...at this point can I jump to read ONE's version or are there still chapters that aren't translated at this point?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

God i love this too much. ...at this point can I jump to read ONE's version or are there still chapters that aren't translated at this point?

ONE's version is pretty much all translated up to the latest chapter.

I say "pretty much" cause they skipped the earlier chapters that were already translated via the redraw, I think there was a plan to translate those later but I haven't gone to check.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

TOO SHORT. TOO SHORT.

Also I'm curious whether or not Saitama would somehow have some kind of resistance to lolichick's telekinesis or something, I dunno.

How do you punch telekinesis?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

SatansBestBuddy posted:

ONE's version is pretty much all translated up to the latest chapter.

I say "pretty much" cause they skipped the earlier chapters that were already translated via the redraw, I think there was a plan to translate those later but I haven't gone to check.

Ah alright, that's what I figured, was just worried that the skipped chapters wouldn't cover some that were translated by the redraw. Welp, so long pretty version.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

khy posted:

Once.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

khy posted:

TOO SHORT. TOO SHORT.

Also I'm curious whether or not Saitama would somehow have some kind of resistance to lolichick's telekinesis or something, I dunno.

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
It is a great series. The cast of interesting support characters really make Saitama's unbeatable straight man routine work.

There are probably plenty of ways to neutralize or at least gently caress with him even if we've now seen that he can't be physically hurt. What could he do if Tatsumaki just lifted him off the ground? I suppose his lungs might be strong enough to just exhale himself back to a surface.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Mordecai posted:

It is a great series. The cast of interesting support characters really make Saitama's unbeatable straight man routine work.

There are probably plenty of ways to neutralize or at least gently caress with him even if we've now seen that he can't be physically hurt. What could he do if Tatsumaki just lifted him off the ground? I suppose his lungs might be strong enough to just exhale himself back to a surface.

Something like this, I imagine:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Mordecai posted:

The best part of Onepunch-Man is that Saitama is literally as strong as the plot requires and nobody even turns a hair. Dude jumped from the loving Moon to Earth. It's like Silver Age comics except with a bald dude who gets pissed if he misses sales.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

khy posted:

How often do new chapters get released? Is it a weekly thing or just 'whenever'?

ONE releases new chapters slower than Miura does Berserk

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

khy posted:

How often do new chapters get released? Is it a weekly thing or just 'whenever'?

Generally he aims to put out new content every two weeks but sometimes this could be a redraw. He also does things like just expanding chapters instead of each release being a new one and the logic can be weird at times. I honestly thought this short little chapter would have been put into chapter 48 but nope, it's 49, because.

ONE is "whenever" since it's his side project he just does for fun.

Next arc, like every new arc, is going to be great. I love the section we're heading into right now.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Popo posted:

Generally he aims to put out new content every two weeks but sometimes this could be a redraw. He also does things like just expanding chapters instead of each release being a new one and the logic can be weird at times. I honestly thought this short little chapter would have been put into chapter 48 but nope, it's 49, because.

ONE is "whenever" since it's his side project he just does for fun.

Next arc, like every new arc, is going to be great. I love the section we're heading into right now.

The next few chapters are my favorite in the entire series, I cannot wait to see Murata make them beautiful.

Soulcleaver posted:

I was hoping Saitama would knock out stupid jerk loli and anyone else who mouthed off to him for saving the world. Shows what I know about his personality.

Saitama really isn't very vindictive and doesn't care about the credit at all, though. He's already been treated like crap by the Tank Top heroes and the NEET kid after the Sea King fight, and his response both times was "I don't really care WHAT you think of me, I'm just going to keep being a hero." The only reason he even acted differently this time was because it was someone just throwing insults at him over and over, and the only thing you can do about that is ask your sidekick to come up with a good insult for you because you're bad at it.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

gnome7 posted:

Saitama really isn't very vindictive and doesn't care about the credit at all, though. He's already been treated like crap by the Tank Top heroes and the NEET kid after the Sea King fight, and his response both times was "I don't really care WHAT you think of me, I'm just going to keep being a hero." The only reason he even acted differently this time was because it was someone just throwing insults at him over and over, and the only thing you can do about that is ask your sidekick to come up with a good insult for you because you're bad at it.

Exactly. The point of OPM is that Saitama doesn't have a nemesis to fight, he's doesn't have anyone he needs to protect and he doesn't care about glory in any real sense. All he wants is to be a good hero, which is why his big challenge is getting up to S rank the legit way when he could wipe the floor with entire lineup of heroes from E to S class.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Genos acting cool and getting one-shotted gives me life.

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.

Avulsion posted:

Something like this, I imagine:

I did think of lethal spit, but not clothes. Well played, comic author.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Short chapter but it was great.

Saitama didn't like being called a badly. Otherwise he probably wouldn't give a poo poo what the loli says. Geno getting one shot'd was hilarious though.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
I'm still wondering exactly how bad you have to do on a written test if "God himself resides" in your body to be classified as C class. He broke every record by a huge margin, and I'm pretty sure he saved the Billionaire's daughter to get the Hero Association started in the first place.

Did they ask him the days of the week and he wrote, "Sunday, Monday, Sale-day, Wednesday..."? I guess it's a hero test. "What is the best way to defeat a Demon Level threat?" "Punch it once." "What is the best way to defeat a Dragon Level threat?" "Punch it seriously." "What is the best way to defeat a God Level threat?" "Punch it twice."

jwang
Mar 31, 2013

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Did they ask him the days of the week and he wrote, "Sunday, Monday, Sale-day, Wednesday..."? I guess it's a hero test. "What is the best way to defeat a Demon Level threat?" "Punch it once." "What is the best way to defeat a Dragon Level threat?" "Punch it seriously." "What is the best way to defeat a God Level threat?" "Punch it like you really mean it."

ftfy

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I'm still wondering exactly how bad you have to do on a written test if "God himself resides" in your body to be classified as C class. He broke every record by a huge margin, and I'm pretty sure he saved the Billionaire's daughter to get the Hero Association started in the first place.

Did they ask him the days of the week and he wrote, "Sunday, Monday, Sale-day, Wednesday..."? I guess it's a hero test. "What is the best way to defeat a Demon Level threat?" "Punch it once." "What is the best way to defeat a Dragon Level threat?" "Punch it seriously." "What is the best way to defeat a God Level threat?" "Punch it twice."

Pretty much, he just got everything wrong. He got in based solely on the fact that he's the most physically capable person.

He probably blew the written part because it had something to do with the correct money-making approach to the Hero Association, and Saitama is the kind of guy who doesn't care about credit and glory. He just wants to fight evil, because Heroes fight evil, and he's a Hero.

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 9, 2014

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Hes an idiot

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah, that. We're just speculating on the details of his idiocy :v:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

It was kind of nice for One to include the fact that the Hero Association Beefed up their HQ and emergency systems to react to situations more quickly. Okay, they're generally moneygrubbing jackasses but that doesn't mean that they can't learn from mistakes.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Discuss teamwork with regards to being a hero
Unnecessary.

Discuss strategy with regards to being a hero
Unnecessary.

What special techniques and abilities do you possess?
Serious punch. Normal punch combo.

After saving the day what words of wisdom would you impart on society?
Don't know.

Essay question: Why do you want to be a hero? (1000 words max)
It's a hobby.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Shindragon posted:

Short chapter but it was great.

Saitama didn't like being called a badly. Otherwise he probably wouldn't give a poo poo what the loli says. Geno getting one shot'd was hilarious though.

Please don't use that term, it's as obnoxious as it is creeptacular.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Yeah, calling some a "badly" is ableist.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahah I didn't even notice my typo. Regardless I'll refrain from using that other term in the future.

I mean you notice when she calls him bald he starts to get pissed off. I think this isn't the first time being called bald made him angry.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Say any drat thing you want.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
are you really getting all het up because somebody asked somebody else not to use an incredibly loaded word?

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
What the gently caress is a badly?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It's how the test was set up. Written test gives you half and Physical gives you half. You could be the best essay writer ever but if you have noodle arms you'll also be C class.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Davinci posted:

What the gently caress is a badly?

seriously

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

EDIT: Nevermind, not worth getting into. Really looking forward to the next arc if so many people agree that it's even better than this one. Boros was a pretty great villain, and I want to see more of Handsome Mask and the other S-rank Heroes.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
ONE's version is still incomplete, right? Does he have any plans for when Murata inevitably catches up with him?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Soulcleaver posted:

ONE's version is still incomplete, right? Does he have any plans for when Murata inevitably catches up with him?

Murata will go back to the beginning and redraw Onepunch-Man again from the start, even better.

e: Actually, no, Murata will singlehandedly animate the Onepunch-Man anime, with ONE providing the voice of Saitama.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 10, 2014

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Make every fight be just glorious panels of gif animations. :allears:

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Huh. I had no ideat here was a different writer besides Murata. I thought he was just remaking an old work.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Murata will go back to the beginning and redraw Onepunch-Man again from the start, even better.

e: Actually, no, Murata will singlehandedly animate the Onepunch-Man anime, with ONE providing the voice of Saitama.

No, Murata will do a redraw of Mob Psycho 100. :colbert:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Genocyber posted:

No, Murata will do a redraw of Mob Psycho 100. :colbert:

In the event of Murata catching up, if this isn't what he does I will cry. I will loving cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The problem with Murata drawing Mob Psycho 100 is that Reigen will actually look cool instead of being a humongous nerd who thinks he looks cool.