Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Runefaust posted:

Remember when Gangplank was the only champion able to deny minions?

I miss those days.

I remember going solo top with him back before the meta even formed and nothing was better than 1v2 with his denial. For some reason almost nobody actually figured out the cunning counterplay of "just go with it and break his loving tower".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

How the hell do you even play Dominion?

You don't.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Bubble-T posted:

You don't.
You mean there are maps beside Summoner's Rift and Howling Abyss?

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

mango sentinel posted:

You mean there are maps beside Summoner's Rift and Howling Abyss?

Well, there used to be the Proving Grounds, but they axed that for Howling Abyss, sooo.. no. :(

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

dominion.jpg

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Methanar posted:

dominion.jpg

~whistle~

26 minute Dominion. :stare: Was it a good one at least?

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Note the 0 to 65 under win/loss.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Methanar posted:

dominion.jpg

This has to be the best jpg example of LoL misery ever posted in this thread

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I had a 0 to 2 dominion (loss) a few days ago :buddy:

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Can you explain that image for people who don't play Dominion (everyone except you)

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

AHH FUGH posted:

Can you explain that image for people who don't play Dominion (everyone except you)

The kill score, which is present for every scoreboard, says 0 to 65. I assume he's saying that Dominion is miserable to play or snowbally or something but idk because I've never played it.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

AHH FUGH posted:

His team had 0 kills, the enemy team has 65 kills in a 26 minute Dominion game. The other team pretty much just camped them for kills the entire time while trying to prolong the game as much as possible. Also, Dominion is unfun.

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

Edit: I'm dumb.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
No, the 0 and 65 are the health of the Dominion nexuses. The enemy team won with 65 health left in it, meaning a close game.

Team kill scores aren't recorded on the end of game screen on Dominion like they are on all the other maps.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I'm actually more interested in the Dominion list myself. How the hell do you even play Dominion? Is there a meta? What's the strategies behind this mode?

Pick a bottom laner who can apply a high amount of pressure and force more than 1 person to come deal with you. Pick 4 other characters who can teamfight together well, and ideally can swap out with bottom lane if things aren't going so well.

You need to be able to continually guess where the other team is going to send its people (no jungle wards), and out maneuver them. Hitting points they're not prepared to defend, keeping enough people in the right places to stop them from taking your points. Some people take this to mean that back-capping is king, but its actually pretty lovely. The team who is best able to attack, capture, and hold 3 points wins, and this will be Bottom + Mid + Top. If you're able to actually capture and hold the enemy's bottom or mid points for any extended period of time its a complete stomp.

Dominion is basically non-stop 4v4 teamfights with a SR solo-lane on steroids.

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Honestly I just wanted a seal picture
RE; GP chat

I love when the enemy picks GP it gives me an excuse to be an rear end in a top hat Pantheon in toplane. Oh you wanted to poke me with your gun, haha my passive blocks it, oh my spear hits almost as hard, yet you don't have my passive so sad.

In other news what is up with Kennen these days I haven't seen him since like mid Season 3?

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Angry Walrus posted:

No, the 0 and 65 are the health of the Dominion nexuses. The enemy team won with 65 health left in it, meaning a close game.

Team kill scores aren't recorded on the end of game screen on Dominion like they are on all the other maps.

Shows how much I play dominion then. That's not nearly as bad as it looks.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

If anyone gives a poo poo you can see the scoreboard here: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1487714112/32042962

We had a large lead early (~150+ points) then lost it as Draven picked up steam and was able to 1v1 anyone on our team, and continually threaten bottom point.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Why the gently caress does everyone use the word overtuned so much? Are people misusing it? What does it specifically mean? Does it mean too good at one specific thing? That's what it sounds like it means. Why is it on every page?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

flyingkiwi posted:

Why the gently caress does everyone use the word overtuned so much? Are people misusing it? What does it specifically mean? Does it mean too good at one specific role? That's what it sounds like it means. Why is it on every page?

It usually means that damage/ability/ratio numbers are too high, without necessarily implying there's an actual problem with how an ability actually functions or the overall kit.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Aerox posted:

It usually means that damage/ability/ratio numbers are too high, without necessarily implying there's an actual problem with how an ability actually functions or the overall kit.

Why did this need a buzzword?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

flyingkiwi posted:

Probably because the vast majority of champions Riot releases suffer from this problem when they launch and it's happened so many times that it's easy to have a term for it.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

flyingkiwi posted:

Having a handy term that's accurate for the specific scenario, oh noooooooooo

Every time Riot comes up with a new one I wish they made ten more to piss off the people who freak out about the very idea of such a quick term to use existing, rather than just overuse to the point they're not meaningful anymore.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Angry Walrus posted:

Every time Riot comes up with a new one I wish they made ten more to piss off the people who freak out about the very idea of such a quick term to use existing, rather than just overuse to the point they're not meaningful anymore.

Isn't overtuned the same thing as overpowered?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

BigLeafyTree posted:

Like someone just said, overtuned has the implication that the ability is overpowered because the numbers are poorly tuned, not because the ability is fundamentally bad or broken.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

How do I stop a Blitz from stealing my blue? :(

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

BigLeafyTree posted:

It's more specific. As stated, it means the abilities and concepts are fine mechanically, but its numbers (on abilities or stats) are too high, more or less. The character just needs to be tweaked to be fixed, rather than overhauled or have aspects of its abilities (besides, again, the numbers) changed or removed entirely.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
those words are stupid because people misuse them and it makes a conversation lovely without being a bad enough practice to call them out. oh you used overfun wrong "well who cares" i dunno but now we're talking about etc

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Angry Walrus posted:

i don't even think riot coined overtuned as a buzzword to be honest but hey gives people more reason to get irrationally pissed off

Robzor McFabulous
Jan 31, 2011

frajaq posted:

Convince a team-mate to stand behind it so he steals them instead.

Slightly more serious answer - Drag the big guy out of position first, so Blitz can't just blind-snag it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

frajaq posted:

His new ult should be summoning a pirate ship that sails forward and then explodes, stunning and damaging people in AoE. Riot hire me

mango sentinel posted:

His ult should summon a galleon out of nowhere that travels doing damage and then crashes and stuns everyone nearby.

But why is the rum gone?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

frajaq posted:

Camp in the bush he would camp in until 1:45. He will come, I guarantee it.

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

Robzor McFabulous posted:

Convince a team-mate to stand behind it so he steals them instead.

This is my favorite thing to do in low elo games where the Blitz doesn't have the sense to bring a friend. I stand behind blue and get intentionally hooked to block the golem steal, throw an ability and a couple of autos on him, and by the time his hook comes back up, my ADC has flashed the wall/run around the outside and we can usually get a kill out of it.

My other favorite thing to do when Blitz doesn't have the sense to ward in the buff's spawn is to attack one of the small minions and draw it behind the big golem so that he hooks the small one instead. It's a bit of a trick to get it right but when it works, it's fantastic.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

If anyone wants to see the Mr. Oink style AP Sejuani mid at challenger elo, Prolly's trying it out now: http://www.twitch.tv/pr0lly

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Wizpig seems to have major mana issues

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Servaetes posted:

i don't even think riot coined overtuned as a buzzword to be honest but hey gives people more reason to get irrationally pissed off

I think people hate whatever buzzwordy-sounding thing accompanied the reasoning for nerfing their favorite champ

As a former Rumble player, what riot buzzword not actually coined by riot should I irrationally hate

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
"invisible power"

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

A Stupid Baby posted:

I think people hate whatever buzzwordy-sounding thing accompanied the reasoning for nerfing their favorite champ

As a former Rumble player, what riot buzzword not actually coined by riot should I irrationally hate

Two and a half months ago it'd be "Purple Side"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Verviticus posted:

"invisible power"
Hopefully that will lead to them getting rid of every single character that has a passive/toggle ability in the game. Like why would you even have Cho'Gath's toggled off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

Hopefully that will lead to them getting rid of every single character that has a passive/toggle ability in the game. Like why would you even have Cho'Gath's toggled off?

towers, because you dont want to push?

• Locked thread