Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Bloodnose posted:

These look too dark to see anything. I see you installed the same interior lighting mods I did. Weird thing is, you don't seem to mind.

He's a skeleton. That's exactly the right amount of dark he needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

massecurr posted:

Oh it is? I still have yet touch any of the DLC because I always get distracted and start playing something else before getting to them

Dude, you need to fix that problem right now.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

chitoryu12 posted:

Dude, you need to fix that problem right now.

Seriously. Old World Blues is probably one of my favorite add-on's of all time, JUST from the presentation alone.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

NOW IT'S HOLDING UP AN ARRAY OF FULLY-ERECT HAND PENISES

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
OWB is great since it is basically DickJokes.esm, and is hilarious.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

chitoryu12 posted:

NOW IT'S HOLDING UP AN ARRAY OF FULLY-ERECT HAND PENISES

COLD, UNFEELING, INTRUSIVE METALLIC PENISES.

HUSH LOBOTOMITE, ONLY DREAMS NOW.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Metallic penis jokes are why we invented modding.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Ever since I saw the lobotomite mask for the first time I've wanted to do a Scarecrow playthrough, except that instead of fear gas I'd use copious amounts of fire or plasma. It's almost the same thing, right?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

OH NO MAN posted:

Ever since I saw the lobotomite mask for the first time I've wanted to do a Scarecrow playthrough, except that instead of fear gas I'd use copious amounts of fire or plasma. It's almost the same thing, right?

We need to mod in gas sprayers and grenades that release a Frenzy gas.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Apparently, Dr. Mobius' glove frenzies enemies on every critical hit and has a really high crit multiplier as well.

Hmmmm... I think I know what I'm doing on my next playthrough. :getin:

edit: Dr. Jonathan Crane has come to Goodsprings to do SCIENCE.

I wanted to give him an old style western look kinda like in The New Batman Adventures, but unfortunately you can't wear any other headgear with the lobotomite mask. At least it was easy to make a half-decent approximation of the Cillian Murphy Scarecrow from Batman Begins.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 8, 2014

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There may be a way to wear headgear with it if you change which slot(s) the mask takes up. I know there's one for the Valence thing that changes it to the mask slot or an unused extra slot so you can wear hats or hats AND masks (respectively) with it while keeping your hair.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Yeah, I could probably screw around with GECK and try to change the slot. That said, playing as a mild-mannered prettyboy (as pretty as Gamebryo allows, anyway) scientist who throws on a creepy mask and fear frenzy gas glove when it's time to take someone out seems like a lot of fun and I think I might just keep doing that.

sweet dreams little powderganger :unsmigghh:

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
:frogsiren: HEY NERDS

So a billion years ago, I talked about doing a new Ammo remaster because Gtab has a big confusing name and would be awkward to work with further. So I made my own from the ground up.

This is version 1 point something: :pcgaming::frogsiren: GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT:frogsiren::pcgaming:

code:
Creation/Breakdown recipes for all Vanilla/DLC bullet ammos! (OTHER KIND COMING EVENTUALLY)
Massive Creation/Breakdown recipes for all Vanilla/DLC bullet ammos! UP TO 10,000 ROUNDS ALL A ONCE!
Breakdown cases and hulls to brass and plastic
Turn brass and hull plastic into cases and hulls!
Do so in massive amounts! 
USE GUNS IN BULLETS
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF
FACE TO BLOODSHED

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

SpookyLizard posted:

So a billion years ago, I talked about doing a new Ammo remaster because Gtab has a big confusing name and would be awkward to work with further. So I made my own from the ground up.

This is version 1 point something: :pcgaming::frogsiren: GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT:frogsiren::pcgaming:

code:
Creation/Breakdown recipes for all Vanilla/DLC bullet ammos! (OTHER KIND COMING EVENTUALLY)
Massive Creation/Breakdown recipes for all Vanilla/DLC bullet ammos! UP TO 10,000 ROUNDS ALL A ONCE!
USE GUNS IN BULLETS
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF
FACE TO BLOODSHED

Whoa cool.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

SpookyLizard posted:

code:
USE GUNS IN BULLETS
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF
FACE TO BLOODSHED

I don't understand what this means or does

help

edit: I guess you can somehow bust apart shell casings into metal then reforge them with this?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I believe that it lets you turn one kind of ammo to another kind of ammo. Also I think currently the limit on doing that is 100 which is plenty for a sane person. But this mod is for movers and possibly thinkers.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Mortimer posted:

I guess you can somehow bust apart shell casings into metal then reforge them with this?

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I believe that it lets you turn one kind of ammo to another kind of ammo. Also I think currently the limit on doing that is 100 which is plenty for a sane person. But this mod is for movers and possibly thinkers.

Yes, if it follows how the modified Gtabs ammo mod functioned. Ammo can be broken down to lead/powder/cases, cases can be further broken down into brass. Brass can be made into new cases. The crafting system only allows for a recipe to function 100 at a time, but there is no limit on how many objects are created or consumed; this means you can copy an existing recipe and multiply the number of items used/spit out by a hundred for bulk crafting.

For example, lets say you have been saving up gecko meat for the entire game, and now have thousands of pieces of gecko meat sitting somewhere waiting to be crafted into gecko steaks. Normally, you could only cook 100 gecko meats into gecko steaks at a time, so you would have to repeat the recipe multiple times to process it all. With a bulk recipe, you perform the bulk action first (100 gecko meats become 100 gecko steaks, up to a hundred times in a single action) with the bulk recipe. Once you have less than the minimum required materials for the bulk recipe, you can use the old normal one to finish out whatever is left.

Obviously the above example isn't likely, but when you can collect any ammo you come across, break it down, and form it into ammo for the weapons you actually use, you could quickly find yourself spending crazy amounts of time sitting at the reloading bench. If you have enough material to make 200+ rounds, the bulk recipe saves a lot of time.

edit:

Mortimer posted:

Isn't that a little cheap? I'm somehow melting down and reforging the brass, so anything I find can now be turned into whatever rare ammo I want?
I thought the only balance the anti-material rifle had was its rare ammunition.
It can be, but the breakdown recipe doesn't have to give you 1 for 1 of what the creation recipe consumes. Creating X amount of ammo then breaking it down again wouldn't give you what you started with. If I wanted to convert surplus to normal ammo, breaking down 100 rounds of surplus might only provide enough material for 50 rounds of the normal stuff, or less. .50MG ammo can also be somewhat controlled by requiring a very high guns/repair skill to craft, in addition to the handloader perk which the old Gtab mod required for crafting/breaking down anything but vanilla ammo.

Hobo on Fire fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 8, 2014

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Isn't that a little cheap? I'm somehow melting down and reforging the brass, so anything I find can now be turned into whatever rare ammo I want?
I thought the only balance the anti-material rifle had was its rare ammunition.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

OH NO MAN posted:

edit: Dr. Jonathan Crane has come to Goodsprings to do SCIENCE.

I wanted to give him an old style western look kinda like in The New Batman Adventures, but unfortunately you can't wear any other headgear with the lobotomite mask. At least it was easy to make a half-decent approximation of the Cillian Murphy Scarecrow from Batman Begins.

This rules keep going :munch:

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Thanks Hobo, you're good people.

Yeah. You lose anywhere from 10-25% of your materials when you break ammos down. it was present in the original and has been applied to this stuff as well. The Brass/Plastic recipes don't, they're current 1:1 in the vague notion that you're flat out melting down the brass. Also because I'm lazy and didn't feel like reducing things at the time.

Upcoming releases will be include additional, calibers, additional variants, and then those things being placed into leveled lists. Once that's sorted, I'll make a compatibility patch for Weapons of the New Millenia, and make all of the guns in that use logical/normal things.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Just remember for whatever guns you change the caliber on for WNM, you may have to rebalance it as they were balanced with that caliber in mind ~~~

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Naky posted:

Just remember for whatever guns you change the caliber on for WNM, you may have to rebalance it as they were balanced with that caliber in mind ~~~

We'll worry about that for Version 2.0 or 1.2 or version whatever, I'm not exacting with my version numbers.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

"why isn't ak using .308 its the same diameter"

"WHY ISN'T THE VSS USING GENUINE 9x39mmR IT DOES NOT FIRE A .357 MAGNUM CARTRIDGE DESPITE TERMINAL BALLISTIC FORCE SIMILARITY (actually .357 magnum is better in most cases)"

gently caress it, really.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Actually, since you're here Naky; I don't know who exactly has been doing the sounds for Millenia's weapon releases, but I noticed that some of the weapon-fire sfx don't have mono wav files for the 'Shoot 3D' sounds. This means that if an NPC fires one of those weapons, it doesn't matter if they're over the next hill, it will sound like they're firing that gun off right next to your head.

I'm only using some of the individual weapons rather than WNM itself so I don't know how many of them have this problem, but I did notice it for the USP and the Ithaca M37.

Anyway, it's pretty easy to fix in (say) Audacity; just open the stereo wav file you've got, use Tracks -> Stereo Track to Mono, then export it as a ~44100Hz, 16-bit wav file and you've got your 'Shoot 3D' sound file.

I also just noticed this problem with all the weapons in the AKs and AR15s mod, actually (and fixed it on my end). I guess I should let Heffy know too.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Antistar01 posted:

Actually, since you're here Naky; I don't know who exactly has been doing the sounds for Millenia's weapon releases, but I noticed that some of the weapon-fire sfx don't have mono wav files for the 'Shoot 3D' sounds. This means that if an NPC fires one of those weapons, it doesn't matter if they're over the next hill, it will sound like they're firing that gun off right next to your head.

I'm only using some of the individual weapons rather than WNM itself so I don't know how many of them have this problem, but I did notice it for the USP and the Ithaca M37.

Anyway, it's pretty easy to fix in (say) Audacity; just open the stereo wav file you've got, use Tracks -> Stereo Track to Mono, then export it as a ~44100Hz, 16-bit wav file and you've got your 'Shoot 3D' sound file.

I also just noticed this problem with all the weapons in the AKs and AR15s mod, actually (and fixed it on my end). I guess I should let Heffy know too.

All of the sounds were fixed for Weapons of the New Millenia (and a lot of the individual releases) a very long time ago. We just don't go back and update the individual releases because seriously, gently caress managing 50 different popular mods at once.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Naky posted:

All of the sounds were fixed for Weapons of the New Millenia (and a lot of the individual releases) a very long time ago. We just don't go back and update the individual releases because seriously, gently caress managing 50 different popular mods at once.

That's good then. :) Well, maybe not so good for the individual ones that aren't fixed, but understandable if there's a lot of them.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
49 of Millenia's, several from MTindle, a couple for Rafael de Jongh, one for Edgestylez, and 2 for me, heh. So yeah, lots! :P

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet
So I saw this a few pages back but I can't remember, which mod lets you be an exact double of Doc Mitchell? I'm talking stealing his skin, voice and all. Otherwise I don't think it'll be sexy enough!

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012
There any decent Punisher mods out there? The ones on the Nexus seem a bit awful, although the skull on the Punisher hideout mod is hilarious.
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35778/

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

BigDes posted:

There any decent Punisher mods out there? The ones on the Nexus seem a bit awful, although the skull on the Punisher hideout mod is hilarious.
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35778/

:monocle: Some of the posts on the mod's comment section:

quote:

VERY bad skull

quote:

the skull on the shirt looks silly

quote:

I like the new outfit but the skull needs bit of work

quote:

the paint work of the skull needs some improvement

The skull:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The spoopiest of too spoopy.

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012
Gonna use that armor and roleplay as a bad Cosplayer out for revenge after being left for dead in Goodsprings

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

That skull is amazing!
:laffo:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I'm playing through The Inheritance right now, and it's advisable to turn off IWS during the whole questline. Infinitely spawning enemies and 1-3 additional enemies per spawn isn't making this very fun. It's getting to the point where it's easier and more efficient to just turn on tgm and throw grenades at my feet.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Yeah, I thought for sure something had bugged out in that feral ghoul bunker mission until the boss spawned in. Didn't help that I was doing an 'only what I find' run in regards to meds and stuff so I didn't have many antirads. :downs:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Simsmagic posted:

I'm playing through The Inheritance right now, and it's advisable to turn off IWS during the whole questline. Infinitely spawning enemies and 1-3 additional enemies per spawn isn't making this very fun. It's getting to the point where it's easier and more efficient to just turn on tgm and throw grenades at my feet.

Do you have Active Spawns on? I had this issue where if I was near the REPCONN HQ with active spawns on, dozens upon dozens of ghouls would spawn every time I reloaded.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Does the version of Lombard Station in the OP still have that issue where some of your shotgun shells disappear every time you stock your ammo shelves?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

moot the hopple posted:

Does the version of Lombard Station in the OP still have that issue where some of your shotgun shells disappear every time you stock your ammo shelves?

Possibly. I have the patched version on my computer. I'll post it when I get home, if nobody does in the meantime.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

I'm getting to the end of my current playthrough, but I keep crashing to the desktop whenever I try to get into Lombard Station. I've had no problems with it until now and I have no idea what the problem could be. Anybody have any ideas?

And yes, I have NVAC.

Just had this happen again on a second playthrough, so I'm just going to go ahead and say that Lombard Station is a buggy piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

This looks pretty cool:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/56676/

Configurable, hotkeyed camera settings for you screenshot fiends.