Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Someone post that video of studio's flash/tele nasus penta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RolandIsNotOkay
Jun 7, 2014

Zaodai posted:

ARAMs has been doing a poo poo job of team making lately.

We just faced a team where all 5 members had a shield. It was exactly as bullshit as you would expect it to be. Orianna, Morgana, Janna, Diana, and Thresh(anna).

Kind of brutal in a game mode where sustain is at a premium.

You had me at threshana GG

Noosphere
Aug 31, 2008

[[[error]]] Damn not found.
I've just picked up Skarner, and while his damage and stickiness are nice with Lizard Elder into Iceborne, I feel a little bit squishy. Is it worthwhile going for a tankier build ? Like a Randuins after Lizard.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Noosphere posted:

I've just picked up Skarner, and while his damage and stickiness are nice with Lizard Elder into Iceborne, I feel a little bit squishy. Is it worthwhile going for a tankier build ? Like a Randuins after Lizard.

Yes. Skarner is a Fighter, so you generally stick to a single damage item (barring being insanely far ahead) and then build up a lot of tank stats.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Noosphere posted:

Iceborn is a fairly tanky item. If they have mostly AD threats it's probably a fine second purchase after SotEL.

You can probably build him like such:

Start:
Lizard Elder, then:

1) Enemy team has AP Threats I'm worried about?
Merc Treads > Locket or Spirit Visage or Banshee's Veil (in whatever order)

2) Enemy team has AD Threats I'm worried about?
Ninja Tabi > Iceborn or Frozen Heart or Randuin's

3) gently caress it, YOLO
Triforce > Second Triforce > Nineforce

Repeat after each completed item.

Also, Skarner generally wants Max CDR by endgame due to the nature of his ultimate. It's easy to get 5% runes, 5% masteries, 10% Elder Lizard, so you want to determine via item build how you want to get that other 20%. Iceborn + Locket, Iceborn + Spirit Visage, and Frozen Heart alone are all reasonable paths.

RolandIsNotOkay
Jun 7, 2014

Vermain posted:

Yes. Skarner is a Fighter, so you generally stick to a single damage item (barring being insanely far ahead) and then build up a lot of tank stats.

Isn't skarner going on sale tomorrow?

fnox
May 19, 2013

RolandIsNotOkay posted:

Isn't skarner going on sale tomorrow?

Who buys champions with RP?

Noosphere
Aug 31, 2008

[[[error]]] Damn not found.
Thanks for the answers guys :)

Even though my games with Skarner have been losses, I must say that he's quite fun. And his ult is so good at punishing cocky assassins.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Two straight weeks of flirting with finally being at a 50% win rate (like, usually within 1-2 games but never more than 4 away). Considering I was like -20 at one point this is a major win for me or the system is working as intended

-1 right now and in a fun game

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
http://link.email.riotgames.com/YesConnect/HtmlMessagePreview?a=3CF8Aetp7RqhHuENqmwtZg_k&msgVersion=web

News

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

"Thought you could ever stop playing? Guess again :unsmigghh:"

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Sounds loving terrible unless you just really want to go pro.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Challenger players should just get big Jack Bauer clocks on their client front pages now, the race is on bitches. :getin:

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
cool I probably won't be playing anymore by the time that comes out. you aren't wrapping me back in, riot games!!!!

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

TechnoRobot posted:

cool I probably won't be playing anymore by the time that comes out. you aren't wrapping me back in, riot games!!!!

I'm sorry to tell you this but if at any point you've been in Challenger they've already won :(

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

TechnoRobot posted:

Also you've permanently quit the game like six times you're not fooling me

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Poulpe posted:

I'm sorry to tell you this but if at any point you've been in Challenger they've already won :(

Riot owns my soul.

The email they sent me was only a receipt.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Trying to redeem myself for last nights making GBS threads the bed: http://www.hitbox.tv/andichu

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Trying to redeem myself for last nights making GBS threads the bed: http://www.hitbox.tv/andichu

I tune in and I see an all AD team and threats of a report for not leashing. I love Bronze league of legends :allears:

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Speaking of bronze league, does anybody know when the account boosters start coming out in full force? I'm in Silver 2 now and trying to push Gold 5 before the end of the season , but it's going to be made infinitely more difficult if there's a myriad of plat boosters in my games

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

oh poo poo.

oh poo poo.

ARCADE BLITZCRANK!?

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

I'd guess it'll start when they announce the deadline.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Poulpe posted:

Speaking of bronze league, does anybody know when the account boosters start coming out in full force? I'm in Silver 2 now and trying to push Gold 5 before the end of the season , but it's going to be made infinitely more difficult if there's a myriad of plat boosters in my games

When the end season rewards get announced is prime booster time.

Witters
Jan 14, 2008

If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done.
Sometimes you just have crappy days in solo queue.

My first game was with a 4-man premade. I end up playing support. Of course, I'm left with interpreting what these 4 are trying to do at each time with no communication, pings or chat, on their part. And, of course, I'm to blame for the "teams" eventual failure to win. They don't want to surrender when we're down 3 dragons, 15 kills, and 9 towers, either. I wish if you get stuck with a 4 man premade you at least get guaranteed top pick or something, because the solo person is guaranteed bitch for the ride almost always.

Second game we have a Teemo player who last picks top, even though we had our first pick select Jayce. Because he called, in draft mode, "top." We explain to him about the difference between call order and pick order in the different modes. We end up with no ADC and get painfully demolished by a 15/0 Corki.

Third game eventually turns around in our favor after I help another Teemo support player make some ganks in bottom lane.

Fourth game we have an unranked player with about Bronze skills play Janna for their Diamond 4 Vayne duo buddy. The rest of the players are high silver to low gold. I'm barely Silver in my ADC skills. I can't even trade properly with Caitlyn against this Vayne. Vayne ends up getting a few quadra kills throughout the game.

Poulpe posted:

Yeah, near the end of the season. I made the mistake of waiting until this period to start ranked last time. I did get to gold, though. Sometimes it can work in your favor if these boosters are on your team. I had maybe one or two on my team and on the opposite team last season. It's not as common as you'd think, but it can happen.

VVVVVVVV Vi has 5 fingers on her gloves, Blitz has 4!

Witters fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 11, 2014

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

Monathin posted:

oh poo poo.

oh poo poo.

ARCADE BLITZCRANK!?

Looks like Vi Gloves to me.

e: Apparently the filename is "frontpagecard_fb-veigar_<language>.png"
So... Final Boss Veigar?

Poulpe fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 11, 2014

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Poulpe posted:

Vi's got "five" reasons for you to shut up, this only has four.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I hope it's neither Vi nor Blitzcrank, I want a full Arcade-skin decent team comp. Hecarim and Sona already have jungle and support covered.

edit - Veigar works, now we just need a top laner

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Poulpe posted:

So... Final Boss Veigar?

Veigar doesn't match up with Morello's hints though.

-4th letter of a spell in their kit is A
-Skin-starved (Veigar is anything but)

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Omnikin posted:

I hope it's neither Vi nor Blitzcrank, I want a full Arcade-skin decent team comp. Hecarim and Sona already have jungle and support covered.

Not seeing any problems here.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

Monathin posted:

I'm not sure this is necessarily the Ultimate skin though, is it? I guess it could be.

Witters
Jan 14, 2008

If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done.

Omnikin posted:

Top laner Jarvan IV Arcade Skin. His ult makes a giant Mario-style pipe rise from the ground and surround everyone. Seems like Jarvan 4 would also be very combo-wombo-ey with Sona and MF.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Poulpe posted:

So... Final Boss Veigar?

Sign me the gently caress up. Only possible downside to it being Veigar is that I'd have to stop using the Superb Villain skin.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In a cave somewhere, Skarner looks at the model of himself he has cobbled together from scraps of metal dug out of the trash, touches it softly, and sheds a single crystalline tear, dreaming of something he knows will never be.

Waffle! posted:

Sign me the gently caress up. Only possible downside to it being Veigar is that I'd have to stop using the Superb Villain skin.

Bad Santa Veigar or get the gently caress out. Game master Veigar could be neat, though.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

Check out Arcade MF's trophy :allears:
Looks familiar doesn't it?

(courtesy of http://www.reignofgaming.net/)

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Veiger with a giant Power Glove or something on would indeed be fantastic. I am in full support of this, especially if it gets him silly effects for his spells as well.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Monathin posted:

Skarner, Elise and Vel'koz would all qualify since none have anything but their release skins.

Vel'koz in particular seems like something the boss in SR4 should either befriend or fight and would make a great arcade skin.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Poulpe posted:

Check out Arcade MF's trophy :allears:
Looks familiar doesn't it?

(courtesy of http://www.reignofgaming.net/)

It's so bad!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Actually thinking on it this is probably a Legendary. Still hoping for Blitzcrank but it's probably Veigar.

I just generally cannot care for Veigar in any capacity which is why I'm disappointed he's getting yet another skin.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I like how they prop up lovely champions with crippling design errors (in veigars case his early game is so bad that most mids can autoattack him out of lane without problems up until like level 7) by releasing the best skins for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Veigar is the only champ I own 2 normal skins for and if this is a Legendary skin it will end up being 3.

• Locked thread