Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

:psypop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The best part is how racially diverse the cast seem to be, because 1960's America was so into that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Another Amazon pilot season approaches on August 28th. Watch and vote.

quote:

The new shows include:

The Cosmopolitans - Directed by Whit Stillman of Metropolitan, The Last Days Of Disco, and every Lena Dunham interview fame, The Cosmopolitans follows the adventures of five American expats living, loving, and probably eating delicious pastries in Paris. Adam Brody and Chloe Sevigny lead the cast.

Hand Of God - World War Z director Marc Forster makes his television debut with Hand Of God, starring Ron Perlman as Judge Pernell Harris. After a brutal rape devastates his family, Harris goes on a good old-fashioned drive-in style revenge spree driven by visions he believes are sent by his favorite call girl’s handicapped son.

Hysteria - Hysteria stars Mena Suvari as a neurologist who returns to her hometown of Austin, Texas to investigate a group of teenage girls whose mysterious mass seizures appear to be spread by technology. Hysteria was written by Shaun Cassidy (yes, that Shaun Cassidy) and directed by British director Otto Bathurst.

Red Oaks - Directed by David Gordon Green and produced by Steven Soderbergh, Red Oaks explores the “go-go” world of 1985 as seen through the eyes of geeky collegiate tennis instructor David (Craig Roberts, Submarine) and a colorful group of wage slaves and wealthy patrons at the Red Oaks Country Club in suburban New Jersey.

Really - Broken Lizard ringleader Jay Chandrasekhar writes, directs and stars in this Chicago-set comedy about a dude (Chandrasekhar) whose best friend’s secret nearly ruins his marriage as well as his friend group. Sarah Chalke and Selma Blair lead the supporting cast.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Huh, I forgot Mena Suvari existed.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

They all sound bloody awful.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Red Oaks sounds okay, but only because I like the actor and Director. I couldn't give a poo poo about any of the others. Really, Amazon can gently caress off out of the original content business and I wouldn't bat an eye.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

GreenNight posted:

Another Amazon pilot season approaches on August 28th. Watch and vote.

None of these sound good but "driven by visions he believes are sent by his favorite call girl’s handicapped son" got a laugh from me.

I'll probably check out The Cosmopolitans when I'm in the mood to be annoyed by something.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

GreenNight posted:

Hand Of God - World War Z director Marc Forster makes his television debut with Hand Of God, starring Ron Perlman as Judge Pernell Harris. After a brutal rape devastates his family, Harris goes on a good old-fashioned drive-in style revenge spree driven by visions he believes are sent by his favorite call girl’s handicapped son.

I'm sorry WHAT? :stare:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Down for Hand of God, down for Red Oaks, down for Really. The other two are "whatevers."

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Hand of God would maybe make a good bad movie, but a show? Ehhh.

The rest seem either uninteresting or actively offputting.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I forgot Broken Lizard still existed.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Aaaah manhattan is great. I bet nobody is watching it though. :(

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

IRQ posted:

Hand of God would maybe make a good bad movie...

And that's enough for me. The prospect of Ron Perlman on a crazy-rear end vengeance ride alone buys it an hour, and if I get bored after that, I'll drop it. It's just TV (at least until it isn't).

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

After their last movie nobody could blame you.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fooz posted:

Aaaah manhattan is great. I bet nobody is watching it though. :(

There's a thread! And yes, it's quite excellent.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I stayed in a hotel last night, and ended up channel surfing to HBO, where I watched an episode of The Leftovers. Does...does it make anymore sense in context? :psyduck:
Scott Glenn was good, though.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

That's a pretty hilarious design since the center section is the Saturn 5 without them jettisoning any of the stages. Unless they had a refueling platform in orbit to load it up with fuel that's just useless mass (assuming it wasn't Skylabbed).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

raditts posted:

They barely do, but Chandrasekhar does a lot of directing work.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Party Plane Jones posted:

That's a pretty hilarious design since the center section is the Saturn 5 without them jettisoning any of the stages. Unless they had a refueling platform in orbit to load it up with fuel that's just useless mass (assuming it wasn't Skylabbed).

And that's just the beginning. Past even the big first stage, it looks like it even still has the escape tower on it even though it couldn't possibly serve any purpose. Then if you stop to think that >80% of the length of the Saturn V was just engines and propellant to hurl 45 tonnes of the comparatively tiny CSM/LM to the moon. That superstructure looks much heavier than Apollo hardware (as it would need to be), but that means >90% of that thing is just fuel, but that amount of fuel won't take them anywhere, and where the gently caress do the people and all of their food go, and why would you ever want to burn an F1 engine in space, and why would you stage the central rocket and nothing else, and how are they keeping the cryogenic fuel from boiling off, and why is that Saturn V even in there to begin with, and none of this makes even a damned bit of sense.

Would be far more realistic to just put the frakking Galactica there instead, since that's clearly what they wanted to do with all that superstructure.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Robin Williams is dead :(

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Deadpool posted:

Robin Williams is dead :(

Wow, really? That's rear end.

And for his last big project to be starring opposite Buffy. That poor, poor man.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hoax.

e: or maybe not, jeez

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Suspected suicide :(

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/robin-williams-dies-suspected-suicide-724724

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

gently caress this poo poo, Robin Williams fuckin ruled

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

At first I was convinced it was a hoax too because google wasn't showing anything but apparently the news was released literally minutes ago. It looks like it's true.

:(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah it took me a couple of minutes to find anything but as I was looking it started spreading everywhere.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I just woke up from a nap and that was the first thing I saw on my phone. I was hoping it wasn't real :(

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
What Dreams May Come is going to be loving depressing now. :smith:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Go watch World's Greatest Dad on Netflix. He was great in that movie.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Depressing as gently caress. I guess it's oddly appropriate it's gonna rain loving hard tonight where I'm at. Mother nature weeps.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Toxxupation posted:

gently caress this poo poo, Robin Williams fuckin ruled

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow, I'm way more rocked by Robin Williams' death than I thought I would be. But then remembered Hook, Jumanji, Flubber... dude ruled mediocre kids films when I was growing up.

I only watched a couple of episodes of The Crazy Ones, but I enjoyed him in it. Kinda feels fitting that he went back to TV before he passed.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

No doubt the cancellation of his show didn't help his depression. :(

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The news around me claimed Williams died from "suicide from asphyxiation". As horrible as this is, I'm hoping that it's just that and not the other thing. :ohdear:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
His episode of Louie, where him and Louis C.K. deal with the funeral of a person they both hated yet attended out of obligation, is gonna be such a gut punch now.

MrAristocrates posted:

Go watch World's Greatest Dad on Netflix. He was great in that movie.

World's Greatest Dad is incredible.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Young Freud posted:

The news around me claimed Williams died from "suicide from asphyxiation". As horrible as this is, I'm hoping that it's just that and not the other thing. :ohdear:

Really? I'd rather go out because of the other thing... at least you'd die doing what you self-love.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

...of SCIENCE! posted:

His episode of Louie, where him and Louis C.K. deal with the funeral of a person they both hated yet attended out of obligation, is gonna be such a gut punch now.

Oh man...:smith:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mrs. Doubtfire was a brilliant film of my youth.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
Robin Williams was so awesome. He could be both incredibly zany and very relateable at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Meanwhile, if it's the other thing, World's Greatest Dad is gonna be a gut-punch.

EDIT: This really sucks. gently caress depression.

• Locked thread