Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah remake looks awesome. I think its all about using prerendered backgrounds which frees up the rest of the systems power to be used on character models and effects. Maybe if everyone buys this new Remake then Capcom will finally do a remake of RE2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I don't remember if they made Claire do really stupid things in RE2, but the REmake made Jill do really stupid things to keep the plot from breaking up. Another remake should treat her better than Jill.

Raziel 0128
Feb 18, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

I don't remember if they made Claire do really stupid things in RE2, but the REmake made Jill do really stupid things to keep the plot from breaking up. Another remake should treat her better than Jill.

Jill's not the sharpest knife in the drawer in 3 either; blowing up a kitchen at point blank range, leaping out of a speeding tram instead of using the emergency break, jumping out of a third floor window and leaping off a tall bridge into a rocky water below in the middle of the night are all valid tactical options apparently. Not to mention hanging around Raccoon City despite forewarning for several weeks and deciding that outfit is the sensible choice for a zombie outbreak.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Raziel 0128 posted:

Jill's not the sharpest knife in the drawer in 3 either; blowing up a kitchen at point blank range, leaping out of a speeding tram instead of using the emergency break, jumping out of a third floor window and leaping off a tall bridge into a rocky water below in the middle of the night are all valid tactical options apparently. Not to mention hanging around Raccoon City despite forewarning for several weeks and deciding that outfit is the sensible choice for a zombie outbreak.

"I'M A MEMBER OF STARS."

blackguy32 posted:

Until you play it on a HDTV. I recently played the gamecube version on my wii, and yeah, it needed the upgrade badly.

Have you tried it on the Gamecube itself? It looks fine to me when I play it through Gamecube with a composite-HDMI converter.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

It's understated how good REmake really is. It's probably one of the greatest games I've ever played. Everything about it is quality. Plus... the Crimson Heads? Holy gently caress.

This a thousand times. In my opinion it's the best game in the series and I really hoped at the time that it was the direction they would take for futures games. Sadly the hype over RE4 killed any hopes of that happening.

Anyway, really glad they're re-releasing it, I envy those who didn't get to play it the first time around. :)

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
While looking for some good pics to use in a RPG I DM (character portraits, backgrounds and poo poo), I ended up finding some cool RE concept art that I uploaded to an imgur album so you won't even have to go to some icky NSFW site.

It's over here, enjoy

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Metal Gear Leon: Revengence is the most amazing bonus costume and I am legitimately upset we didn't get it.

Also Hunters are in Revelations.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 7, 2014

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I hope they shower us with all kinds of bonus outfits and weapons. REmake's was kind of lacking. The Samurai Edge was pretty rad, given, but it was no infinite magnum. I wonder if they're going to include Mercenaries as well. It can be like 4 and give us the Handcannon as a reward for getting good scores in it.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Those alternate costumes for Rebecca and Leon are way better than the poo poo we actually got for them in the games. Also you really should play Revelations.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I never knew about Dewey or Gelzer. :stare:

I need to know more.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Suddenly all the dialogue delivery in RE1 makes perfect sense!

They were ALL cyborgs!

Edit: Oh poo poo combat data! It's all coming together!

John Luebke
Jun 1, 2011

Mogomra posted:

I never knew about Dewey or Gelzer. :stare:

I need to know more.

Dewey was actually supposed to be a New Game+ character. I'm not exactly sure how that was supposed to work out, if he was supposed to be a playable character, that you could unlock or something else.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Neo Rasa posted:

"I'M A MEMBER OF STARS."

Have you tried it on the Gamecube itself? It looks fine to me when I play it through Gamecube with a composite-HDMI converter.

I doubt it would change anything. I played it with component cables and it's a jaggy mess. I mean it's not a HD game so it looks about as good as one would expect.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Elliotw2 posted:

Those alternate costumes for Rebecca and Leon are way better than the poo poo we actually got for them in the games. Also you really should play Revelations.

Becky's red Jill-style uniform is adorable, and I am incredibly furious that Dracula Leon didn't make it into a game.

edit: gently caress I'd buy that Dracula outfit as a 5 dollar DLC. 10 bucks if it makes Leon talk in a bad Lugosi impression.

Crowetron fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Aug 7, 2014

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Why did STARS have different color uniforms like they were a glorified SWAT sentai team anyway? Wesker was a weird guy.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I honestly don't want an RE2 remake. Spend the same resources and make a new game set in a new city with a new outbreak. I'm tired of Raccoon City over and over again.

There used to be rumors of an ORC sequel set in the Terragrigia outbreak that you see in a couple of flashback levels in Revelations. I'd be genuinely interested in that.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Nohman posted:

Why did STARS have different color uniforms like they were a glorified SWAT sentai team anyway? Wesker was a weird guy.

Each STARS member had to make their own uniforms at home before officially joining the team. It is a tradition that Leon carried on to the standard police force.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Nohman posted:

Well, he already called black and it's super embarrassing to show up something wearing the same ensemble as someone else.

Steinuh
Nov 17, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Metal Gear Leon: Revengence is the most amazing bonus costume and I am legitimately upset we didn't get it.

If this was an entire game by itself I'd buy it pretty fast.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Wanderer posted:

There used to be rumors of an ORC sequel set in the Terragrigia outbreak that you see in a couple of flashback levels in Revelations. I'd be genuinely interested in that.

As long as they could put in more enemies than hunters I'd be down.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Any modern outbreak scenario set in the RE:REV universe would kick rear end, especially if you played as a FBC or BSAA rookie or some poo poo. The anti-bioterrorism organizations are really cool unique thing that RE games have set up and they really haven't taken advantage of how much potential they set up (and might never take advantage of it) which really sucks.

also: reminder: Chris owns

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
In honor of the HD REmake, here's an DEmake:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eC1hduFbio

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Well, he already called black and it's super embarrassing to show up something wearing the same ensemble as someone else.
There are other things that can go wrong.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

WitchFetish posted:

While looking for some good pics to use in a RPG I DM (character portraits, backgrounds and poo poo), I ended up finding some cool RE concept art that I uploaded to an imgur album so you won't even have to go to some icky NSFW site.

It's over here, enjoy

Merchant backpack :kimchi:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So some production company is trying to pitch a detective drama based on Resident Evil.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'm not really sure how dramatic RE can be when the bad guys plaster their logo all over everything.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I could see a horror-based crime show set in the early RE universe working very well, but either the entire first season takes place over the course of an hour or they're already doing their own thing.

I know the series's continuity is crazed, but there's a lot of room in there for a show to take place. I want to say that in the games' timeline, Raccoon City became Umbrella central around 1983, and promptly turned most of the downtown area into a honeycomb of secret passages and sewer access. Combine that with how hilariously sociopathic their entire loving workforce is and you'd have the ingredients for a pretty good setting: the one good cop in the city stumbles into the middle of it all and has to figure out how he's going to stay alive, let alone actually do his job.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
They could do something with the BSAA and FBC, since they're basically detectives that solve Zombie crimes in Revelations/RE5/6. They could do something with Jessica's role in the ending, or Ada too.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Momomo posted:

I'm not really sure how dramatic RE can be when the bad guys plaster their logo all over everything.

Disgusting. Another murder in a gas station, some guy cut down in the prime of his life, shot dead like some filthy animal.

I bent over to check his ID, only to find a folder tucked into his shirt. It talked about how he was sure his boss, the head of the Easy Bake Oven company, were going to kill him for selling company secrets for a mutagen they had made with the Umbrella Corporation to turn wiener dogs into water breathing slug things.

Not thirty feet away, in an alley, I found another body gunned down by machine gun fire. On him was another file, telling about how guilty he felt that he had killed that guy for selling corporate secrets, and that he was worried that he himself was going to be hunted down to tie up loose ends. The file ended with something about how much it hurts to have your stomach filled with lead by some guy named Hunk from the Umbrella special forces.

Not a single scrap of useful evidence between the two bodies. The trail had gone cold. It started raining, like all the angels of heaven decided to take a piss at the same time. I could relate.

i'm so sorry for the lovely fanfiction

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Flytrap posted:

i'm so sorry for the lovely fanfiction
Don't be.

Seriously though there a whole lot of stuff they could do around the BSAA, it's sad to see that much potential wasted.

They could make a X-Com like in which you build up a base while yet another Umbrella offshoot group of assholes tries to take over the world. Train new guys, develop new weapons, capture BOWs to develop better ways to fight them, while getting your team of badasses parachuted all over the world to stop the 25 simultaneous outbreaks. Of course, your scientists would innevitably end up betraying you once they think they can get away with it.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Only if the movie outright tells the viewers that waist-high obstacles are impassable and you have no choice but to venture into a maze of some sort to get around a car.

WitchFetish posted:

Don't be.

Seriously though there a whole lot of stuff they could do around the BSAA, it's sad to see that much potential wasted.

They could make a X-Com like in which you build up a base while yet another Umbrella offshoot group of assholes tries to take over the world. Train new guys, develop new weapons, capture BOWs to develop better ways to fight them, while getting your team of badasses parachuted all over the world to stop the 25 simultaneous outbreaks. Of course, your scientists would innevitably end up betraying you once they think they can get away with it.

Name your people after series legends (Jake, Chris etc) and get overpowered units!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Momomo posted:

It'll be like House where they always think it's Umbrella, but it never actually is.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It'll be HCF!

Remember those guys?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
It'll actually have nothing to do with evil pharmaceutical companies or bio-weapons. It'll just be Barry Burton as a private investigator for hire solving crimes and mysteries.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

poptart_fairy posted:

It'll be like House where they always think it's Umbrella, but it never actually is.
I don't even want to imagine what the T-Virus version of lupus looks like.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It'll actually have nothing to do with evil pharmaceutical companies or bio-weapons. It'll just be Barry Burton as a private investigator for hire solving crimes and mysteries.
I am totally down for this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

I don't even want to imagine what the T-Virus version of lupus looks like.

T-Lupus turns you into a werewolf.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I'd be all for a Resident Evil version of Training Day with Leon as the rookie and Wesker as Denzel.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
A hardboiled detective investigates a series of mysteriously frequent helicopter crashes centered around a mid-western American city.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

:v:

...I'll show myself out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Have mystery mutilations, murders and the like, leading to various people (e.g. they usually get their killer by the end of the episode, Law and Order style). In the lead up to the end of Season 1 have someone who usually comes up with crazy theories start putting together that all the various people are Umbrella employees, and have the final episode of Season 1 end with the latest killer-o-the-week being a proto-zombie and end on a cliffhanger.

Season 2 becomes more like Fringe or Supernatural in the lead up to the Arklay Mansion incident.