Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

Who else is rustling your jimmies?
PMom and Punt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

bowmore posted:

PMom and Punt

I don't think anyone has made a case on Punt yet, that is new. Why Punt? (It's possible I'm wrong, but I'll know soon, I'm on page 10 doing my reread of the thread)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm getting bad vibes

Like he knows more than he should, arrogance in posting

I will case later, I have the flu and it's hurting me

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'd probably vote Punt over PMom, but I think PMon is THE WAY TO GO.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

I'd probably vote Punt over PMom, but I think PMon is THE WAY TO GO.
isn't that contradictory

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

bowmore posted:

isn't that contradictory

Ugh Punt over Met.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Met's argument is essentially "I'm not going to play mafia because playing mafia is boring."

##vote Met

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

CommaToes posted:

Met's argument is essentially "I'm not going to play mafia because playing mafia is boring."

##vote Met

Based off of your pattern of posting, and your joking with Merk, I have decided that you are likely scum. Also, your hammering of Merk was scummy as gently caress.

##vote CommaToes

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

CommaToes posted:

##vote Met

Which is a solid reason to lynch a townie. :downs:

##vote CommaToes

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

DGK2000 posted:

Based off of your pattern of posting, and your joking with Merk, I have decided that you are likely scum. Also, your hammering of Merk was scummy as gently caress.

##vote CommaToes

:hfive: Welcome back Merk hunting buddy. You haven't said much this game, but your votes so far have been 100% accurate(in part because you've made only one before now).

Do you have any reads on anyone else right now? You said Met is SK early on, do you still believe that?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

King Burgundy posted:

:hfive: Welcome back Merk hunting buddy. You haven't said much this game, but your votes so far have been 100% accurate(in part because you've made only one before now).

Do you have any reads on anyone else right now? You said Met is SK early on, do you still believe that?

With his further posting, I think he's just useless. That doesn't mean he isn't anti-town, I just don't see anything that could be really speculated on. I feel one of PMom and Keane are scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

DGK2000 posted:

With his further posting, I think he's just useless. That doesn't mean he isn't anti-town, I just don't see anything that could be really speculated on. I feel one of PMom and Keane are scum.

Well good news, DGK, PMom is scum!

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Also, I'm very much reading the thread. I'm attempting to stay objective, and also I've been following since the beginning so I'm kinda just used to not posting in it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

DGK2000 posted:

Also, I'm very much reading the thread. I'm attempting to stay objective, and also I've been following since the beginning so I'm kinda just used to not posting in it.

I'll read you

a bedtime story of your choosing if you vote pmom

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

CCKeane posted:

I'll read you

a bedtime story of your choosing if you vote pmom

Oooh could you read "Go the gently caress to sleep"?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

DGK2000 posted:

Oooh could you read "Go the gently caress to sleep"?

Yes.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Met posted:

##vote CommaToes

So did you use your vig?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Fair enough. I didn't vote Met because I think he's scum, I just think he's arrogant, irritating and not useful to town in any way.

I apologize, as that's not the point of this game.

##unvote

As for my posting with merk yesterday, all I can do is admit that I was entirely fooled. I didn't see him being scum until KB laid it out.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Met posted:

##vote CommaToes

I know this makes me anti-town in my own way, but I *DO* think it is a solid reason to accidentally lynch a townie. If we don't have strong reads on people, I gravitate towards voting out the useless, the lurkers, etc to get them out of the way and leave only people in the game who actually can be read.

You weren't making any cases of your own, all you did was hop on other votes and aggressively antagonize the other people in the game and make fun of the "serious" people who actually put effort into the games they play.

Met posted:

I don't much care participating in the GBS-Lite spam especially when I'm online all day and every time I look at this thread it has another 100 new posts.

Being a dick early on isn't so great for day phase but it does keep you from getting randomly night killed which will help get me through down to the end when there's fewer people, which is far easier to pick out scum based on vote histories and choice posts.

Now that there are a lot fewer people in the game, you are STILL not willing to participate. When called on it, you have a new excuse that you are tired of playing the same old game.

---

I am still completely comfortable voting Met. Honestly, if I wasn't afraid I was about to get NK'd and Merk was about to get away with snowing you all, I would have let yesterday play out as it was and let Met get lynched. We don't want to be going into LYLO with Met still lurking there as possible scum. Having said all that, I still don't think you are my priority, but I'll sleep on where I want my vote.

I'm not done on my full reread yet but I think I'm going to stop for the night to eat and watch some tv so I'll just post what I have so far.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

Yes let's turbo merk it worked so well when we went and turboed Meinberg.

I'd like to hear from bownore.

This was the post that twigged me out on Keane. Keep in mind I had just investigated Merk so I had confirmed my suspicions before I posted them. The only votes on Merk at the time were an actual case by Byers and an actual case by Me. There was no Turbo. This read to me as Keane trying to deflect the cases against him as nonsense.

When I called Keane out on it not being a turbo:

CCKeane posted:

Man you're totally scum aren't you?

Merk I demand your thoughts on this post.

I demand them.

Demand.

Deman

De

D.

At the time of these posts I was convinced Keane was scum.

Having examined Keane's full history, Keane seems to worship the ground Merk walks on, so it makes it hard to get a fully accurate read. This could have just been hero worship. But he mentions Merk a lot in a variety of contexts.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

This was the post that twigged me out on Keane. Keep in mind I had just investigated Merk so I had confirmed my suspicions before I posted them. The only votes on Merk at the time were an actual case by Byers and an actual case by Me. There was no Turbo. This read to me as Keane trying to deflect the cases against him as nonsense.

When I called Keane out on it not being a turbo:

At the time of these posts I was convinced Keane was scum.

Having examined Keane's full history, Keane seems to worship the ground Merk walks on, so it makes it hard to get a fully accurate read. This could have just been hero worship. But he mentions Merk a lot in a variety of contexts.

Merk is my greatest foe.

And my greatest lover.

But yeah we have history.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

King Burgundy posted:

I know this makes me anti-town in my own way, but I *DO* think it is a solid reason to accidentally lynch a townie. If we don't have strong reads on people, I gravitate towards voting out the useless, the lurkers, etc to get them out of the way and leave only people in the game who actually can be read.

You weren't making any cases of your own, all you did was hop on other votes and aggressively antagonize the other people in the game and make fun of the "serious" people who actually put effort into the games they play.

Now that there are a lot fewer people in the game, you are STILL not willing to participate. When called on it, you have a new excuse that you are tired of playing the same old game.

---

I am still completely comfortable voting Met. Honestly, if I wasn't afraid I was about to get NK'd and Merk was about to get away with snowing you all, I would have let yesterday play out as it was and let Met get lynched. We don't want to be going into LYLO with Met still lurking there as possible scum. Having said all that, I still don't think you are my priority, but I'll sleep on where I want my vote.

I'm not done on my full reread yet but I think I'm going to stop for the night to eat and watch some tv so I'll just post what I have so far.

Again, flawed. There's no reason to knowingly lynch someone you suspect is a townie but is annoying. So far, being "useless" I've lynched less townies than you have, but just as many scum. I could argue I'm playing a better game thus far.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Some other assorted things I saved while going through, but incomplete thoughts. Feel free to ignore this post for now, I just don't want to lose my thoughts midway through the reread:

merk posted:

I just went back to look at your Keane vote. Is your opinion here changed at all because Keane is now voting Meinberg? I don't really understand your Keane vote. Is it really this one post?

Protecting Keane?

The response to the Dark Phoenix thing of Mushroom's and coincidentally exactly the same as Merk's response, just done first.

Hops on with a mushroom vote shortly after.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think that hinting that bad things will happen if you're lynched is scummy :shrug:

However, I will note that this is consistent with Pin's reaction to my soft claim to avoid the vig.

Farbror posted:

My gut says The Science of Suck is scum, so he must be.

##vote The Science of Suck

Leads the charge on Science of Suck.

Farbror posted:

I still think we should all vote Science of Suck and kill a scum.

Continued it.

Farbror posted:

My top two scum picks are Science and King Burgundy. I just need to put my finger on why.

More fun, also picking on another town.

Farbror posted:

I won't be voting Mushroom today. Seems worth the risk of it being a fake claim any way I look at it.

I think it's anti town to vote a claimed doc like this.

He occasionally posts something reasonable.

Farbror posted:

Ugh. Yeah after rereading all day (Stop turboing while I sleep, thanks.) I got the same feeling about merk.

I feel like one of Dr. Hurt, merk and Byers must be scum.

This seems like a setup for badness though.

Farbror posted:

##vote Dr. Hurt

His posting style pretty similar to Opop I think, with how much comicbook talk and flavour stuff has been in it.

I don't really understand Met. I could see it, but both merk and Byers jumping on him like this makes me suspicious.

Riding it a bit harder.

Opopanax posted:

You guys I used some pretty foolproof science to explain why we should turbo met, please don't argue

Was third on Met, wanted to Turbo him. Is Opo a busser?

Opopanax posted:

##vote farbror

Also voted farbror for his dissing of beast. (I also want to vote Farbror for dissing beast)

Farbror's response?

Farbror posted:

Clear honest town reaction. I'm surprised he's popular! I thought he was as disliked as Cyclops.

That is some weird poo poo. Farbror fluffing his scum buddy? Or just super wrong?

bowmore posted:

##vote Poison Mushroom

I gots a FEEELING

Led the charge on mushroom, first vote.

bowmore posted:

Same here, I think poison mushroom is being awkward as hell

What do you think?

Tried to re-establish focus on mushroom.

---

Of course, we are all familiar with his day 2 lies and wrongness as well.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Met posted:

Again, flawed. There's no reason to knowingly lynch someone you suspect is a townie but is annoying. So far, being "useless" I've lynched less townies than you have, but just as many scum. I could argue I'm playing a better game thus far.

The flaw in this statement is "you suspect is a townie". I have no reason to suspect you are a townie. In fact, I suspect you are scum or 3P. But you've given me nothing worthwhile to build a case with.

I can see where maybe you are arguing Comma suspects you are a townie, if that is the case, I agree that would be a sucky vote. And his unvote of you seems to bear that out.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

King, were you rb'd or jailed?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

King, were you rb'd or jailed?

KB this is a yes or no question, not an either or, fyi.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

KB this is a yes or no question, not an either or, fyi.

what?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ah gently caress me alive :doh:

I jailed KB last night, that's why there aren't two kills.

Bulletproof jailer, self aligned NAMOR

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING

IS THAT I DIDN'T SHOOT TOWN

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING

IS THAT I DIDN'T SHOOT TOWN

:sun:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also what is your win con?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Also what is your win con?

I gotta jail certain flavors before game's end to prove I am truly the First Mutant and Imperious Rex compared to those petty land-dwellers

Basically a scavenger hunt survivor.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I was trying to tip off KB that I was the one who jailed him last night because I wanted him to get why I was still pushing MEt as SK

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

I gotta jail certain flavors before game's end to prove I am truly the First Mutant and Imperious Rex compared to those petty land-dwellers

Basically a scavenger hunt survivor.

I'll buy this, actually.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Incidentally I think SK may be Sinister or Apocalypse? Not really important but interesting nonetheless

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Wait a minute something is weird.

TT please go into more detail.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Wait a minute something is weird.

TT please go into more detail.

On what? Role, win condition, flavor, SK spec?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

win con.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

Flavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Ah gently caress me alive :doh:

I jailed KB last night, that's why there aren't two kills.

Bulletproof jailer, self aligned NAMOR

I can confirm I was jailed.

I didn't want to spill so that I could confirm a claim if someone wanted to make it. This was not the claim I was expecting to confirm, however.

But yeah, this is why I didn't die. I'm sure the two kills would have been Byers and I if not for this.

• Locked thread