Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Roman posted:

I remember some article by some tech site claiming that the game actually puts out MORE than 60 fps on PS4 but IW never capped the framerate so it looks messed up?

And isn't it 720p upscaled to 1080p on xbone, or did they patch that?

I highly doubt that PS4 framerate thing you mention. I have a hard time coming up with any idea how a higher framerate would make it look like a lower framerate, but I'd be interested in an explanation if it does exist.

I believe the Xbone version is still 720p upscaled, but I stopped following Ghosts stuff months ago, so I'm in no way certain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Ghosts on the PS4 ran higher then 60 fps at launch, but a patch came out that fixed that. It still has framerate drops, though.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-whats-fixed-and-whats-not-in-the-cod-ghosts-ps4-patch

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Advanced Warfare bundle with a 1TB console and a custom controller that will make you look so :c00lbert:

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/08/12/advanced-warfare-xbox-one-bundle-with-1tb-hard-drive-coming-november/

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Mill Village posted:

Ghosts on the PS4 ran higher then 60 fps at launch, but a patch came out that fixed that. It still has framerate drops, though.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-whats-fixed-and-whats-not-in-the-cod-ghosts-ps4-patch

More bouts of micro-stutter seizures to be honest.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
The colors on that console are rad as gently caress.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Wazzit posted:

Advanced Warfare bundle with a 1TB console and a custom controller that will make you look so :c00lbert:

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/08/12/advanced-warfare-xbox-one-bundle-with-1tb-hard-drive-coming-november/

Can I upgrade to a 4bar platinum edition or something?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Wazzit posted:

I just ordered a 2TB drive for my PS4 that doesn't exist. It was $100. Now I'm finding out that I could have gotten a Bone with Day Zero & a 1TB drive for the same price as a bare console + drive PS4? ffffffffffff

maybe I'll just get both :gonk:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

maybe I'll just get both :gonk:

as someone who's this stupid, I highly recommend it. Javes has both too.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wazzit posted:

Guess what I just preordered.

Actually wheres the link to preorder it because I want it

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/bundles/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare

ok now i preordered it

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 12, 2014

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Wazzit posted:

The vanilla xbone is actually fugly IMO but it's amazing what some paint will do.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

bluegoon posted:

Another thing, I'd be really careful buying the PS4 version. Ghosts is a technical fuckup on PS4, framerate drops to 20s often because of some crazy frame skipping issue, scoping through those advanced digital scopes drops the FPS etc. Not a fluid experience at all, loving unbearable to be honest.

I mean, granted, that could just be because Infinity Ward is a miserable fuckup of a studio.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

VJeff posted:

I mean, granted, that could just be because Infinity Ward is a miserable fuckup of a studio.
They managed to make probably the worst PC port of COD (Ghosts), which was still an awful microstuttery mess months after release. The Steam free weekend probably lost them even more sales, if that's possible.

Roman fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 12, 2014

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The fact that Modern Warfare 3 was even loving playable, muchless kinda good leads me in the direction that Sledgehammer are masterworkers of technology and that Advanced Warfare will be great.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013
A bunch of youtubers are going tinfoil-hat about the tick marks on the special edition controller because they look like the round counter in Zombies.

I'm betting on 4 player co-op against murderous future space robots.

A Dire Weresloth fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 12, 2014

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

There's a great opportunity for team co-ordination here - rather than a bunch of overlapping UAVs, if people within a lobby specialize, you could have

UAV with:
CUAV
AUAV
Oracle
Fast Sweep
etc.

All for a relatively low cost.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Wazzit posted:

Oh man that looks rad as hell. Now if only I had the money to support gaming on both consoles.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Merry Marauder posted:

There's a great opportunity for team co-ordination here - rather than a bunch of overlapping UAVs, if people within a lobby specialize, you could have

UAV with:
CUAV
AUAV
Oracle
Fast Sweep
etc.

What do all of these do? I can't find any list with all the customization options for the streaks.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
They seem largely self-explanatory, but here is a gallery with a few more streaks' modules.

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Have all the guns revealed so far been fake name future guns? No old world classics like a pump-action 870 or an AK variant? Because dammit Sledgehammer, I want to shoot future mans in the year 2050 with a 100 years old rifle platform! An 1887 would also be acceptable.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

The SIG MPX is in as some random name. I expect you'll see a fair amount of throwbacks.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

They seem largely self-explanatory, but here is a gallery with a few more streaks' modules.

Orbital and Threat Detection are the ones confusing me.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Undead Muppet posted:

Have all the guns revealed so far been fake name future guns? No old world classics like a pump-action 870 or an AK variant? Because dammit Sledgehammer, I want to shoot future mans in the year 2050 with a 100 years old rifle platform! An 1887 would also be acceptable.

The AK-12 is in (with a giant 12 on the back so you know what it's supposed to be), I saw the Lynx in the reveal trailer yesterday, the ASM1 SMG looks like a spacefuture Tommy Gun, and the internet movie firearms database page is slowly accumulating entries. But at the same time, the demo had a bolt-action rail gun, a "directed energy" shotgun and a laser weapon, so it looks like a mix of real and fake.

VJeff posted:

Orbital and Threat Detection are the ones confusing me.

I'd guess orbital means it can't be shot down, like the blackbird/vsat. Threat detection might mean it highlights enemies like the Oracle/the threat grenade?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

If you're into the whole 60 fps thing. Chrome recommended.
http://mp1st.com/2014/08/12/60-fps-call-duty-advanced-warfare-multiplayer-gameplay-watch

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Looks pretty nice at 60 FPS. One thing I noticed in that video is the Scorestreak meter now shows the cost for the next streak, instead of a vague bar like BLOPS 2 had.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"
Well gently caress these guys for getting me excited about a COD game again. I liked pretty much everything I saw during the reveal - exo, pick 13, modded scorestreaks, whatever those packages are that give you bling'd gear every so often - all great.

My only complaint is that they are using the same narrow font and color (white) for the "+100" kill notification as BO2, which always blends into the background and makes it harder for me to see my righteous point total for nuking a bunch of guys off of a dom point. I really wish they would go back to the MW3 / MW2 yellow style, with a wider and larger font. A minor complaint.

Also, I see there is no customizable player cards? I always liked the fun cards like "Death from Above" "No.", "To Serve and Protect", etc. which were in MW2 and MW3. There was always fun challenges associated with each. Here's hoping they have new challenges this year as well.

Bottom line: CAN'T WAIT TO COD WITH YOU ON THE XBONE BROS. hopefully it'll be like those good ol' BO2 / MW3 days (or MW2 days, for those who go back that far.)

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

UAV with:
CUAV
AUAV
Oracle
Fast Sweep
etc.

Recon drone is back?! I loved flying around with that stupid thing.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
I can't wait to be back with my boys. Only reason I'm spending money on another console is for the remnants of the night krew.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

der juicen posted:

I can't wait to be back with my boys. Only reason I'm spending money on another console is for the remnants of the night krew.

Pretty much the same. I wouldn't buy the game if we couldn't get some good groups going. Although, Ghosts was pretty sad. We'd be lucky to get one group going after a month or so of playing.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I don't know what you're talking about. I had a few months of fun games, specifically with Mascot who was coincidentally online most of the times I was looking for games. As dreadful as the implementation and ranking system worked Clan Wars were a great rallying cry for all the BOYS prior to us getting completely buttfucked by being put in divisions full of clans with 100 fully active players vs. our 20-30 semi-regular players.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
also has there been any confirmation that cajun is going next gen yet because...

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

I don't know what you're talking about. I had a few months of fun games, specifically with Mascot who was coincidentally online most of the times I was looking for games. As dreadful as the implementation and ranking system worked Clan Wars were a great rallying cry for all the BOYS prior to us getting completely buttfucked by being put in divisions full of clans with 100 fully active players vs. our 20-30 semi-regular players.

I guess what I'm remembering is the MW3 days when we could easily have 4x6 person teams rolling at any given time. I'm not saying we couldn't get groups together in Ghosts (although admittedly I got bored after two months) but it was no where near what we used to get in previous versions.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
Yeah, I remember getting on the BLOPS2 party train pretty drat late and there were still steady groups playing nightly. I'd like to imagine that if AW is actually decent and there aren't any big releases that splinter the player base within the first few months it should be good for awhile. If the 9 player teams rumor turns out to have any legitimacy I'd like to think there could be at least two full groups running during peak hours, more pending on implementation of Clan Wars. We'll just have to wait and see.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

also has there been any confirmation that cajun is going next gen yet because...

Cajun has a xbone.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
so despite my reluctance to get the season pass for Ghosts because I thought it would potentially be a waste of money I'm now seriously considering paying $500 to play this iteration of CoD. ffffffffff

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

so despite my reluctance to get the season pass for Ghosts because I thought it would potentially be a waste of money

As someone who bought the season pass and played all the maps at least once I'd say it was a waste of money.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Bombing Run + Care Packages = Lethal Emergency Air Drop

Christmas is coming early this year!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
These score streaks might be fun. What sort of heresy is this?!

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Now that you can run up to 4 scorestreaks we can make pubbies rage quit even faster.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm actually holding off on preordering that sick xbone until they confirm 9v9.

Seriously, 6v6 ityool 2014? For fucks sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I'm assuming they haven't revealed all of the scorestreaks yet as there aren't a whole lot of them compared to previous games. Although I imagine customizable streaks will increase the variety.

• Locked thread