Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

And that is how you win at Bloodbowl off the pitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

GNU Order posted:

:siren:VOTING CLOSED:siren:

I just

I can't.....

gently caress

ugh fine you all win

I told you we'd make you buy a cheerleader.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

1stGear posted:

His will is broken. This LP is at last complete.

On the contrary, watching this normally fairly unfocused thread come together and hivemind to annoy me is great.

You sons of bitches want cheerleaders? Fine, I'll give you cheerleaders........

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Look on the bright side, at the rate you churn through players, the new ghoul will be dead soon enough.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

GNU Order posted:

On the contrary, watching this normally fairly unfocused thread come together and hivemind to annoy me is great.

I will laugh hysterically if you spend all the ghoul money on just buying a shitton of cheerleaders.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GNU Order posted:

I can barely contain my anticipation

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

GNU Order posted:

You should hack the team names to those of famous cheerleaders, like Sanae Nakazawa and... eh... George W. Bush?

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I'm just sad that Pilin Awn didn't get picked. That will be my next mission.

Wight level? PILIN AWN!!!

Flesh Golem? PILIN AWN!!!!!

Zombie doubles? PILIN AWN!!!!!!!!

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

:siren:Match 11:siren:

Fairly Elected (GNU Order, Necromantic) vs Dead Heading (Pasco, Undead)

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I remember playing on fumbbl against some goon, and he got 2 blitzes, both of which he successfully caught with a bull centaur, and then he ran them down and scored. He beat me like 4-0 with loving Chaos Dwarves.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Them dice.... It's not so much the block dice letting you down, but it's whenever you have a really important roll that SHOULD work, the dice are basically telling you to get hosed.

That and the injury dice...

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
ARGH I HATE SLOW-PLAY LUCKER NOOBS! I'LL SHOW YOU!

*1 assist fouls with a flesh golem*

lol

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
You would have thought being stood on by a flesh golem would do more damage.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Beautiful. My need for cheerleaders is satisfied.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

Well it's obvious the first one is swinging around the Flesh Princes head... but what poor flesh golem got sacked for the second one to have a toy? :iiam:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I fear for the good Doctors future :ohdear:

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
gently caress undead, one of my least favorite teams.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Hate to say it, but this is what happens when you defy the whimsical will of the thread, GNU Order. After all, we didn't vote for you to buy cheerleaders this round. We just wanted A Cheerleader. You burned our money on an unauthorized expense and now Dr. Wight has suffered for it.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

CongoJack posted:

gently caress undead, one of my least favorite teams.

I don't think anyone who plays Dwarfs has any right to complain about other bashy teams

At least undead has Ghouls and Skeletons :colbert:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Undead are way better than necromantic.

Because Skeletons own bones.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
I love that both of you just skim over the fact that one of the undead team's players is 'Alan Titchmarsh' and don't really see it as notable. A very Britain-specific joke name, that.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

John Charity Spring posted:

I love that both of you just skim over the fact that one of the undead team's players is 'Alan Titchmarsh' and don't really see it as notable. A very Britain-specific joke name, that.
All of them are gardening-related, the team's name is an undead flower joke.

Only member of Ground Force missing on the team is Charlie Dimmock, Tommy's in there to lay down some decking.

jBrereton fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Aug 13, 2014

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
I realised the theme, but it's just how blasé they are about Alan Titchmarsh and going on about how he's definitely number 1 and a force to be reckoned with, etc etc. It's incongruously funny when you know who it actually is.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
That was... painful.

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I don't think anyone who plays Dwarfs has any right to complain about other bashy teams.

Lost half my Chaos Team to a couple of mummies with mighty blow. I have bad memories about them.

Speaking of which, lvl 3 CW with MV 4. Keep or cut?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Cut unless they have dubs.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I realised the theme, but it's just how blasé they are about Alan Titchmarsh and going on about how he's definitely number 1 and a force to be reckoned with, etc etc. It's incongruously funny when you know who it actually is.

I recognized it was a reference to a British dude but had no clue who he was until I googled him yesterday when I was editing this

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Dr. Wight noooo :ohdear:

Man, players getting injured like that is the worst that can happen. It always means you're going to be carrying the fear of "oh god he's going to DIE" around with you throughout the entire game, especially when it's one of your punchy players.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

TheMcD posted:

Dr. Wight noooo :ohdear:

Man, players getting injured like that is the worst that can happen. It always means you're going to be carrying the fear of "oh god he's going to DIE" around with you throughout the entire game, especially when it's one of your punchy players.

He's necromantic. that has been the case since game #1

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Veloxyll posted:

He's necromantic. that has been the case since game #1

Yeah, but it's something different with that -AV staring you in the face every time you look at him. I play Norse, and I have one lino with a niggling injury, which is already enough to make me believe he's going to die the moment somebody coughs on him, but since he's named after one of my favorite darts players, I can't just sack him, because that's not how it works. So now every game I play is going to make me fear for that player in particular even though Norse are really squishy in general.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Dr.Wight nooooooo!

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Aug 13, 2014

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

TheNabster posted:

Dr.Wight nooooooo!

Why wasn't it Wight Power! Why did the good Wight have to take that concussion!?

Your posting gimmick stopped being funny like five posts ago

Dr. Wight is fine, a -AV Mighty Blow Wight just means he's a Norse Skeleton guy now.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

you better foul the poo poo out of that mummy in the next half

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Your posting gimmick stopped being funny like five posts ago

Dr. Wight is fine, a -AV Mighty Blow Wight just means he's a Norse Skeleton guy now.

I wasn't trying to be funny.

Still though, poo poo. I think that is the worst bunch of bounce rolls I have ever seen so far.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

I really enjoyed this half.

Except for Blitzer killing my +MA Skele :argh: RIP Tommy, you ran surprisingly fast for the re-animated bones of someone most famous for being a builder on a gardening show.

And that's why this is my second favourite team-name gimmick.

jBrereton posted:

All of them are gardening-related, the team's name is an undead flower joke.

Only member of Ground Force missing on the team is Charlie Dimmock, Tommy's in there to lay down some decking.
Charlie Dimmock was a Ghoul, and she's now pushing daisies instead of planting them. The Ground Force have been almost completely wiped out at this point.

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:
These dice are supremely rude. They should at least buy you dinner before loving you like this.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I don't think anyone who plays Dwarfs has any right to complain about other bashy teams

At least undead has Ghouls and Skeletons :colbert:

The reason I don't like undead is that they are basically humans but better. They can pretty much do anything any other team can do all at the same time except pass but passing is for elves, desperation, and BBLPs.

Skeletons are awesome. They are key part of my actual favorite team, Khemri.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Ow. I mean, some pain is to be expected when playing a bashy team, but those scatter dice in particular had it out for you.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Pasco posted:

And that's why this is my second favourite team-name gimmick.

Charlie Dimmock was a Ghoul, and she's now pushing daisies instead of planting them. The Ground Force have been almost completely wiped out at this point.

Good naming gimmick man. Do you have a Monty Python team too?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

CongoJack posted:

The reason I don't like undead is that they are basically humans but better. They can pretty much do anything any other team can do all at the same time except pass but passing is for elves, desperation, and BBLPs.

Skeletons are awesome. They are key part of my actual favorite team, Khemri.

Passing is from getting the ball to somewhere you have mans advantage. They can rub mans on your mans and punch and consider tackle zones all they like. then you can just throw that ball and wreck their defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

:siren:Second Half:siren:

Fairly Elected (GNU Order, Necromantic) vs Dead Heading (Pasco, Undead)

Voting Time!

Money What Do?

1. Keep Saving Up
2. Fire the Good Doctor (-AV ain't no thing) and buy a new Wight
3. Spend on something else?

e- I kinda want to do another big Blood Bowl 101 Effort Post but I don't really have a great topic. Newbies, is there something you all are curious about that hasn't been addressed?

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 14, 2014

• Locked thread