Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
I just wanna bounce off poo poo with his jump all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Gnar seems pretty well and good, but the fact that you can get 75% of his rage meter filled just by clearing red buff seems insane. If you harass frequently it's almost 50/50 normal/mega time.

e: Also whoever said that the mega transformation was effectively sustain: upon returning to normal mode you retain the current percent of hp you are at. So there's still a tiny heal, but it's not like Lulu ult.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Actually feel free to play ranked all you want, since the odds of the Gnar swinging a game in SOMEONE's favor is super high, but the odds of it swinging in your team's favor are actually ok so if you play games like normal you shouldn't experience anything outside of the normal 'gently caress an afk just threw my game' streakiness.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

a medical mystery posted:

Is that the Leigh Alexander article you're talking about? Cause it's funny as hell and worth posting.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/223071/Dont_monetize_like_League_of_Legends_consultant_says.php

This is really dumb and inaccurate. I get that somebody somewhere is going to have the job of seeing how much you can milk people for before they actually aren't going to play your game anymore, but that dude's ideal game would be Candy Crush, Farmville, or that Kim Kardashian game. I mean who looks at LoL and thinks "Yeah, I am definitely getting too much for my money this is way too good a deal."?

He does have some points regarding no in-game skin preview and friction points for purchases though.

The Pickles
Apr 9, 2011

You should try this wonderful lunch. It's more than a delicious tasty crunch.
Well, looks like the store just ate my money. :confused: Guess I shouldn't have expected to play Gnar today anyway.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Remember to ban Gnar in ranked. Not because he's good, just to keep moron rear end turds off your team. A high skill, moderate damage gimmick champion? Sure first time in ranked let's go :downs:

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Etrips posted:

How much is Kayle and MF skins?

Kayle is 975, I think MF is 1350 but on sale for 975. Also Riot Nasus, Graves, and Blitzcrank are available until the end of the month.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

The Pickles posted:

Well, looks like the store just ate my money. :confused: Guess I shouldn't have expected to play Gnar today anyway.

Restart your client, I had the same issue.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Alternatively, leave him open, because surely the other team is thinking the same thing and someone will instalock and feed, giving you a free win. :)

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

NTT posted:

Alternatively, leave him open, because surely the other team is thinking the same thing and someone will instalock and feed, giving you a free win. :)

You don't understand Bond, bad things only happen to me.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I am the loving Good Vibes king, i can take 10 losses to the chin like it's w/e because 10 wins are always behind it

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
My friend is really bad at Gnar (and the game in general except (sometimes) when he supports), so the bad Gnar is always on my team.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I just always ban new champs because if they're really good you don't want them on the enemy team and if they're bad you don't want them on your team

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
I assume that's what everybody is doing. Gnar is getting banned every single game. I have no idea if he's good and I doubt the people banning him know either. Why take chances?

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
There's always some idiot who had 7800 RP to blow and really wants to play Gnar but only plays ranked and wait what does his W do again?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

AHH FUGH posted:

There's always some idiot who had 7800 RP to blow and really wants to play Gnar but only plays ranked and wait what does his W do again?

Thats the one he becomes Hulk right?

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I been having a blast as GP (for some reason my normals have been putting me vs plats) I usually get an SS first, but if my opponent is hella sustainy I'll get an executioners calling. Sheen, Black cleaver, sometimes a youmuu's for that CDR for cannons every 60 seconds, one time I got a zephyr, that was kind of funny.

Also I've noticed that GP is strong as heck for some reason. Like, I 1v1'd an irelia under her tower and Won. A darius kinda pooped on me but then I just got on that bank roll and started beating him. A maokai kinda wrecked my day, but a rammus ganking for me settled that

Basically every problem you have as GP can be solved by farming with q for a few minutes and getting a gold lead. Get dat money :c00lbutt:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Hey Servaetes, you played any Skarner recently? I'm looking for a new grab-and-eliminate jungler to start playing as I'm bored of my current stable of Vi/Wukong/Xin Zhao/Rammus.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
Literal first impression playing vs a Gnar top as Wukong:

Boomerang seems pretty hard to hit, but it's super spammable. Mini Gnar is super squishy and will lose trades hard if you can go in on him. Big Gnar is pretty OP, you can't fight him, and also he seems to gain health when he transforms for a free heal, so basically if you want to beat him you have to either kill him before he transforms, or beat him hard enough that the HP regen doesn't put him way ahead after he transforms back.

They guy I was playing vs didn't do it very well, but I think going in with your jump effectively when you're about to transform is what will make or break Gnar's laning phase. It's super telegraphed when he's about to transform so the only way anyone is gonna get hit by him is if you get a good double jump.

The most important thing is kicking his rear end at level 2, he'll spam boomerangs at you level 1 so it can be hard to get in then, but when you have a couple spells and he can't transform yet you can win a huge trade and hopefully zone/snowball/neutralize his transform from there.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

BigLeafyTree posted:

I mean who looks at LoL and thinks "Yeah, I am definitely getting too much for my money this is way too good a deal."?

For the amount of money I've spent there's no doubt that LoL has been the highest value videogame I've ever played in my life (it's probably just above Dwarf Fortress on that scale). So I guess I say that.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Just Offscreen posted:

Stamps not champs

Hear, hear!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
goonmans pls

e; couldn't even get half a room with a full page of available goons

here lies goonmans

peperony and chease

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 14, 2014

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
This is probably not the best thread for this, but I dunno where else to put it...Porter Robinson's streaming video game covers on Twitch and making fun of the chat. It's amazing.

http://www.twitch.tv/porterrobinson

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Brannock posted:

Hey Servaetes, you played any Skarner recently? I'm looking for a new grab-and-eliminate jungler to start playing as I'm bored of my current stable of Vi/Wukong/Xin Zhao/Rammus.

skarner owns. play him

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
So I think in the ancient language "Gnar" actually means "Queue Ruiner" because I can't get in a game to save my life tonight because of that little twerp

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Gangplank's 47% win rate shows he's not strong, and he has some really awful matchups against anyone with 3 or more offensive skills. He's funny and a gimmick pick and it's cool to crit people with his Q, but in general he's just terrible.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I've only played two games as Gnar, but I like him. I've been building tanky AD, because he's so squishy. What masteries and gear works best for him?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Waffle! posted:

I've only played two games as Gnar, but I like him. I've been building tanky AD, because he's so squishy. What masteries and gear works best for him?
I wouldn't expect much about optimal Gnar for a couple weeks. It's kinda like when Kha'Zix came out and no one knew what to do, so he sucked. When Lucian came out, and no one knew what he did so he sucked, and Vel'Koz came out and he still sucks.

Someone's going to figure out he's an awesome jungler or ADC or something and then he'll be strong, but he isn't insanely over-buffed at launch and he's not as straight-forward as Braum or Yasuo.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Playin with a Riot employee!~

I pussed out and didn't go AP ezreal :(

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Yasuo had the worst winrate in the game for a few weeks when he was first released. "Straightforward" doesn't necessarily mean easy to learn or powerful on release.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Brannock posted:

Yasuo had the worst winrate in the game for a few weeks when he was first released. "Straightforward" doesn't necessarily mean easy to learn or powerful on release.
I can remember a dozen times I won lane against Yasuo and he just wandered off and got kills off other lanes. The issue was probably that attracted the Master Yi crowd.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

So this is what lag looks like. I've been very fortunate and got 23mb down in 20 minutes.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Methanar posted:

I need to, like, leave.

You can live in my closet if I'm not gold by the end of the season and I need you to boost me.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

lol

no it's definitely me, been chain disconnecting since I got home. takes 5 tries to load the entire page and not just get the first 8 posts or something.

Methanar fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Aug 14, 2014

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
League is hosed

Took me 35 minutes to patch.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Issues on a major internet video game on a patch day, oh my god guys I am absolutely outraged.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Remember back in S2 when the game would break for days at a time after patch day Libertine

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I remember in season 1 when EUW was up 2 days a week from mid august to november. Unless you entered the konami code.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

AParadox posted:

I remember in season 1 when EUW was up 2 days a week from mid august to november. Unless you entered the konami code.

I somehow totally forgot that the Konami code was actually in the game and actually worked. :pwn: Early League was a wild experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Anybody else dc like a mofo

• Locked thread