Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
That's an interesting idea, but you seem to have accidentally drawn a penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I got bored.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Gangringo posted:

I got bored.

And stolen!

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Flowers For Algeria posted:

So I found an excellent spreadsheet that calculates the resources you need to build everything you have left to build on your current TH level, and the time all this should take.
It was slightly out of date so I made a few changes here and there, and now there it is! If you see any mistake, please feel free to tell me so I can modify it again.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86879395/Clash%20Spreadsheet.xlsx

Enter your TH level in the top left corner, then take a moment to enter the buildings you already have and their level (use the village edit mode!) and the dreaded results should appear on line 9.

EDIT : fixed a small mistake in cells O94 and O96 - the calculator did not take lvl 11 walls into account, also L55:L58 where I forgot to take into account lvl 8 Teslas. Should be fixed in the linked spreadsheet.

Can't give this thing enough love. Does it take into account building time for the next TH? It doesn't look like it but I just wanted to make sure.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

Gangringo posted:

I got bored.

Thread voted 4

E: also i put that spreadsheet thing into the OP

ixo fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Aug 14, 2014

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Gangringo posted:

I got bored.

I love that the elixer storages are at the perfect level the ole dick butt.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
What level minions are needed for effective loonioning? I should be getting my max balloons started later today and wanted to make sure I'm not wasting my time with level 4 minions.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

morning wood posted:

What level minions are needed for effective loonioning? I should be getting my max balloons started later today and wanted to make sure I'm not wasting my time with level 4 minions.

Depends what trophy range you're doing it at and who you're going after. L3 are fine for most mid and below TH9s. 4 are fine for mid TH10s (you will sometimes have trouble getting DE with inferno coverage so you can bring a drag to ensure you get it. 5 is ideal to take on TH10s and will stomp most non-max TH9s.

E: nice dickbutt base

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Yo that reddit clan you guys beat are super gay.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Secret Sweater posted:

Depends what trophy range you're doing it at and who you're going after. L3 are fine for most mid and below TH9s. 4 are fine for mid TH10s (you will sometimes have trouble getting DE with inferno coverage so you can bring a drag to ensure you get it. 5 is ideal to take on TH10s and will stomp most non-max TH9s.

E: nice dickbutt base

My skull balloons are nearly done. Care to do a write up on balloonions? Never considered it but think it may be a good all air solution. Just gently caress all walls.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
You'd probably get more mileage out of some youtube sperglord to be completely honest, I just started doing it and am still learning myself.

I will say tho with L4 minions I was constantly clearing TH10s all the way up to the core and then losing without hitting the storage at all. Subbing out 4 bloons for a dragon has fixed that issue until I get L5 minions. I tend to lose cups doing it tho with like ~40% cleared.

Comp seems to be 20-24 bloons, rest minions. I roll 16 bloons when I'm using a dragon. I also drop a few feeler minions first to trip bombs.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

TraderStav posted:

My skull balloons are nearly done. Care to do a write up on balloonions? Never considered it but think it may be a good all air solution. Just gently caress all walls.

Usually 25ish or so balloons and the rest minions, use a couple loons to pull CC use minions/heroes/CC to beat up troops, drop a line of balloons to destroy the defenses and minions behind them for clean-up. Couple rage spells a couple heal spells if the defenses arent too nasty, or a freeze if they are.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

ixo posted:

Thread voted 4

I must visit Physiologic doctor for this insult!

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Booties posted:

Can't give this thing enough love. Does it take into account building time for the next TH? It doesn't look like it but I just wanted to make sure.

It does. If you check the first building row in the first sheet, you can see that the next level TH is in yellow. Scroll along and you'll see the allocated time for it is yellow too. If you want to be really sure you can change that number (it's actually a date, you'll need to edit it in the formula bar) and the total remaining time in the summary changes accordingly.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Right now sitting at TH3, upgrading everything and getting some good farming raids on bad bases. People drop 50 or so troops on an attack nowhere near my exposed townhall and only end up grabbing a few hundred gold/elixer before my defenses wreck them all :psyduck:

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007
24 Balloons and 40 mins with 4 rage is generally what I run. Only use 1-2 rage spells on an attack usually. You should look for bases with x-bows set on ground, air D that is low level or on the outside of a base and try to avoid infernos unless you have freeze spells or if they are poorly placed.

Level 4 mins should be fine. The difference between 4 and 5 isn't that huge.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

The Bloonion method I use is 20 bloons, 60 minions, 3 heals and one rage. I usually use one or two heals per attack, dropping them when my bloons drop to 50% health, or when they're going to be hanging out in range of wizard towers. The rage is for if the CC troops pose a threat.

Edit: the most important thing is to get a feel for when you're going to run out of spells before you do. I generally do 1-3 bloon raids then a couple raids with gaints, archers, goblins, and wallbreakers while my spells recharge.

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 15, 2014

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
Sweet thanks for all the loonion feedback. I am anxiously awaiting my 10 day research time.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Now we need a balloonion power point

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Sounds like a very expensive (both purple drank and time). I imagine it's best suited for gold I and crystal?

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Here's my balloonian strategy:

Farming/Trophy Hunting: So, I generally rock with 32 balloons, 20 minions, and a dragon. The ballon/minion combo usually does their thing with wrecking poo poo. I keep 1 lightning and 3 heals, with the latter being used on balloons to keep alive from the air defenses that keep bringing them down. In case poo poo gets real, I pop in the dragon, or the AQ/BK/CC if necessary.

Clan Wars: I change it up to 36/10 ballon/minion with a dragon and a CC dragon, along with 1/2/1 light/heal/rage spell setup. Most of the bases I usually attack have level 6-8 air defenses, so I try and bum-rush my way to the center, and have the AQ/BK/CC take out the TH. This is pretty much a guarantee two-star.

Also, it's best to use balloonian if you don't give a gently caress about elixir, because it will basically wipe out any elixir gains since it mostly goes to balloons. You're only using it for gold/DE, which helps for farming the latter in Crystal.

edit: With regards to deploying, unless the air defense is low-level, I never deploy my ballons in a circle. I usually deploy the balloons along one side only or do a two-finger swipe into a V.

Dancing Peasant fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Aug 15, 2014

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Dancing Peasant posted:

Also, it's best to use balloonian if you don't give a gently caress about elixir, because it will basically wipe out any elixir gains since it mostly goes to balloons. You're only using it for gold/DE, which helps for farming the latter in Crystal.

Balloons are cheap as gently caress. I would only worry about the Dark Elixir, not purple. Even when dragon raiding you can easily out-raid the elixir cost, as long as you barch while 1/2 barracks build your real army back.

nikochansan
Feb 11, 2014
I recently remodeled my base to have a butthole and jesus christ. The first few days were fine, people only attacking the outside and whatnot but today I had 6 people go for the butthole in a row while I was away at work all day, all failing. It gave me enough trophies to push me over 1250 and I'm now 450 gems richer. How can people be stupid? They can SEE the gravestones on the inside, shouldn't that tip them off?

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

nikochansan posted:

I recently remodeled my base to have a butthole and jesus christ. The first few days were fine, people only attacking the outside and whatnot but today I had 6 people go for the butthole in a row while I was away at work all day, all failing. It gave me enough trophies to push me over 1250 and I'm now 450 gems richer. How can people be stupid? They can SEE the gravestones on the inside, shouldn't that tip them off?

But maybe I can do it? If I just push harder...

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Booties posted:

But maybe I can do it? If I just push harder...

Yeah the first one of these I saw while raiding was a TH9 guy with a hole right next to his TH, and I was like "hahah what an idiot, he his town hall is open! I can't believe how stupid he is!" and I just got my poo poo pushed in because even after realizing it was a trap I was determined to go all in with 200 troops. I think I got like 4% :downs:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

padijun posted:

Yeah the first one of these I saw while raiding was a TH9 guy with a hole right next to his TH, and I was like "hahah what an idiot, he his town hall is open! I can't believe how stupid he is!" and I just got my poo poo pushed in because even after realizing it was a trap I was determined to go all in with 200 troops. I think I got like 4% :downs:

This is why I always stagger my giants/barbs no matter what I do, always have one running in front to take the hit of any traps :v:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

padijun posted:

I went up against my first one of these while farming DE yesterday. I knew the dangers but it was just too tempting because his drill and DE storage were RIGHT THERE. Got the drill (nearly empty) with staggered barching, didn't do a whit of damage to the storage, then I gave up and took out his exposed TH just so I had something to show for it.

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Prencleeve Grothsmore just joined Spergs of War and left as soon as he realized people knew who he was. :allears: Name was Ivan Buckald.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Tim Jong-un posted:

Prencleeve Grothsmore just joined Spergs of War and left as soon as he realized people knew who he was. :allears: Name was Ivan Buckald.

Continuing his endless quest to bring down EVE Goons by playing with them in other games.

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Tim Jong-un posted:

What's the story behind this?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

zeesik posted:

What's the story behind this?

He was some kid with a few mental issues* who posted real life data about The Mittani on the EVE forum and was banned for it. He then started trying to get support to destroy Goonswarm in EVE using a blog and constantly trying to get characters into Goonswarm and spam goonfleet.com with terrible posts and outing himself in about 20 minutes.

He now occationally makes SA accounts and tries to get into Goon groups in games.

* one of the Goonswarm Directors is a Social Worker in the UK where the guy is from and reached out to the kids grandparents who he lives with to tell them he was getting a bit too obsessed.

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer

BigPaddy posted:

He was some kid with a few mental issues* who posted real life data about The Mittani on the EVE forum and was banned for it. He then started trying to get support to destroy Goonswarm in EVE using a blog and constantly trying to get characters into Goonswarm and spam goonfleet.com with terrible posts and outing himself in about 20 minutes.

He now occationally makes SA accounts and tries to get into Goon groups in games.

* one of the Goonswarm Directors is a Social Worker in the UK where the guy is from and reached out to the kids grandparents who he lives with to tell them he was getting a bit too obsessed.

Thanks! Glad he's so quickly removed from the clan.

Unexpected
Jan 5, 2010

You're gonna need
a bigger boat.
Hi. Is there a way to play this game on a PC? I read about BlueStacks but I think, that it (or rather Google Store) requires an Android device ID and I only have use iPhone/iPad.

Thanks.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Unexpected posted:

Hi. Is there a way to play this game on a PC? I read about BlueStacks but I think, that it (or rather Google Store) requires an Android device ID and I only have use iPhone/iPad.

Thanks.

Just create a google play ID and link it with the code in the settings menu. It makes a special code to link cross platform.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

zeesik posted:

Thanks! Glad he's so quickly removed from the clan.

I'm at work right now and don't have access to my phone. How are we doing on the current Sperg war? I remember they were creeping up a bit last night. I'm counting on winning this one to have enough gold to upgrade my CC today...

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

The Crusher posted:

I'm at work right now and don't have access to my phone. How are we doing on the current Sperg war? I remember they were creeping up a bit last night. I'm counting on winning this one to have enough gold to upgrade my CC today...

We're at 78/119 (attacks/stars) and they're at 61/97.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

The Crusher posted:

Looks like a win. They are making some attacks still, but their players with 2 attacks left won't have enough time to use them both. 119-97, they have 29 attacks left, we have 12. They just don't have any targets they can add stars to right now.

Unexpected
Jan 5, 2010

You're gonna need
a bigger boat.

wisdomHNOX posted:

Just create a google play ID and link it with the code in the settings menu. It makes a special code to link cross platform.

I don't think I'm there yet. I doesn't let me download the app and I'm getting this:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Unexpected posted:

Thanks.

I use Genymotion and it works perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
Cool thanks. Sounds mostly in the bag. I've been sitting pretty on resources for the past week while I waited for TH8 to finish. Now that it's done, I forgot how ridiculously poor I actually am. No more donating 20 dragons a day...