Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
aw, no more pickles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DrunkPanda posted:

Impossible, he's wearing a Jaguars uniform

Somewhere, Mark Brunnell gets angry

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Lessail posted:

don't like that run tho

Would you rather he ran like Johnny Suicide Football?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

The Kraken posted:

room for the punter, it's a team effort qb's aren't always the best etc

it looked like his legs were heavy as poo poo

at two different points it was like a huge effort to pick one up

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It looks like they really cleaned up a lot of Bortles' lower-body problems and that was his biggest issue coming into the draft

Lessail posted:

He is very much like Big Ben rather than Andrew Luck, it takes him a lot of effort to run but he's also really tall so his stride will be naturally longer

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Quest For Glory II posted:

It looks like they really cleaned up a lot of Bortles' lower-body problems and that was his biggest issue coming into the draft
He looked like poo poo in the rookie mini-camp with that but he's really improved

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

R.D. Mangles posted:

Somewhere, Mark Brunnell gets angry

...and then sad again at how bankrupt he is

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

all i want is for bortles to gently caress it all and go deep and get rewarded with a td

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Little girl with a My First Bears Game sign.

Be strong, sweetie.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Jordan Palmer is a cool guy. Former Jaguar QB. Was Bortles' offseason coach leading up to the draft.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

JT Jag posted:

He looked like poo poo in the rookie mini-camp with that but he's really improved
I feel like the main separation from the busts and the QBs who can play is their ability to retain mechanical changes vs regressing back to old habits and muscle memory. every year Tebow was taught how to quicken his release and plant his feet properly, and he'd look good in camp, and then when he saw game action he'd fall back to his old Gator windup and footwork

Josh Freeman is another one who briefly improved his mechanics and then fell back significantly

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I feel like the main separation from the busts and the QBs who can play is their ability to retain mechanical changes vs regressing back to old habits and muscle memory. every year Tebow was taught how to quicken his release and plant his feet properly, and he'd look good in camp, and then when he saw game action he'd fall back to his old Gator windup and footwork

Tebow looked really awful both in practice and pre-season games for the Patriots. Like, wow, Mallet is impressive levels of bad.

Just really godawful.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Haha, someone paid Josh McCown $10 million

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Kalli posted:

Tebow looked really awful both in practice and pre-season games for the Patriots.

Just really godawful.
the Pats also fattened Tebow up didn't they, at that point he wasn't even fit to play QB

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Lessail posted:

He's a big man, 6'5 and 232 pounds. As a 6'4 man weighing around 250 pounds and also named Blake, let me tell you it takes a while to get those enormous legs churning. we will always look slow

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Josh Freeman is another one who briefly improved his mechanics and then fell back significantly

I think that was basically Gabbert's story on the Jags, as well. At least, he didn't look completely terrified during practices/preseason, and then would instantly look as miserable as possible once the season started.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DrunkPanda posted:

Haha, someone paid Josh McCown $10 million

i tell ya what doug, dat mccown kid really knows how to win,

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You might look like the Doseki guy mr. Bears fan, but I doubt the most interesting man in the world would be at the 4th quarter of a preseason game.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Jordan Palmer for Bears #2

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

It's starting to look like literally any qb can look good in the Trestman offense

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

JT Jag posted:

literally any quarterback in the nfl other than clausen for Bears #2

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

xeria posted:

I think that was basically Gabbert's story on the Jags, as well. At least, he didn't look completely terrified during practices/preseason, and then would instantly look as miserable as possible once the season started.
The thing I always watch in college QBs is what happens when a free rusher gets on them because that's usually where you see them retreat to their most involuntary, square one motions

weird thing about Bortles was he threw without planting or with his feet sideways even without pressure on him in college, but it seems they're teaching him out of doing that

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

R.D. Mangles posted:

i tell ya what doug, dat mccown kid really knows how to win,

Oh poo poo I forgot about these guys. Looking forward to the season even more now.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
So did Jimmy Clausen actually take snaps?

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

My name is Ka'Deem Carey, the Bears literally do not deserve to have me on their roster

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
If the bears td in the 4th quarter of a preseason game, does it make a sound?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

DrunkPanda posted:

It's starting to look like literally any qb can look good in the Trestman offense

They don't call him the Quarterback Whisperer for nothing.

Okay, only media douchebags call him that. Still, he did make Josh McCown a millionaire.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Democrazy posted:

he played the entire third quarter and i;m still angry

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

DrunkPanda posted:

This is 2 / 3 level Jaguars defense right now.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Kraken posted:

He's a big man, 6'5 and 232 pounds. As a 6'4 man weighing around 250 pounds and also named Blake, let me tell you it takes a while to get those enormous legs churning. we will always look slow

Bortles what are you doing on the forums, get back out there and score a TD

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Democrazy posted:

1st and 35...
2nd and 35...
3rd and 35...

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

is bortles done because i want to see more of him

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

R.D. Mangles posted:

he played the entire third quarter and i;m still angry

Goddamnit there's always something awesome in the preseason that I missed.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

TubeStank posted:

This is 2 / 3 level Jaguars defense right now.

Pozluzny flexed too hard while showing off for the ladies

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lessail posted:

Bortles never rests, man. Even when he's not out on the field, he's stil Bortlen. Out there. Somewhere.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Alas, our Bortles is done

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Lessail posted:

Probably

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

xeria posted:

Alas, our Bortles is done

for now :getin:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The thing I always watch in college QBs is what happens when a free rusher gets on them because that's usually where you see them retreat to their most involuntary, square one motions

In Gabbert's case curling into a ball and crying?

There will always be a part of me that thinks Suh killed any chance he had to be good in whichever Missouri/Nebraska game was played during a monsoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

it's ok everyone he's bound to start during the regular season

• Locked thread