Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The skin looks great in game and the sound effects are nifty after playing it for a bit, I'll be picking it up but the splash is pretty dire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
One of my fav champs Heimerdinger, the Revered Inventor

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

The Mash posted:

MF Builds :words:

Thanks for the huge post, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'm gonna try a lot of these variations out and see how it goes. I definitely think IE/TF as a 1-2 opener has promise.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

What is wrong with the ranked Queues on EUW at the moment? 6 minutes + on a friday afternoon during the summer holidays

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Lovechop posted:

there's a bunch of skins where it's not immediately obvious who it is

like, who the gently caress is this? i think it's ahri. no idea

It's scrapped concept art for an unused champion named Bill T. Scrank. He's incredibly handsome and absolutely not a robot.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Count Bleck posted:

Rumble, the Mechanized Menace

Dunno. He's got those big ears. Probably.

Rambo unleashed

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
As someone who bought viktor + skin day 1, consider me hype as gently caress to play his gameplay update.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Yaay, time for lots of posts about how a splash art is bad and anatomically wrong (and probably disrespectful to women).

The skin itself is boring and poo poo though, so it suits Cait pretty good.

MF supremacy! Her and her improbable rack. :ocelot:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Mackers posted:

Yaay, time for lots of posts about how a splash art is bad and anatomically wrong (and probably disrespectful to women).

The skin itself is boring and poo poo though, so it suits Cait pretty good.

MF supremacy! Her and her improbable rack. :ocelot:

Load the cannons gentlemen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OERYl6jU1U

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

She doesn't show her legs anymore so it's automatically better :downs:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
at first the skin had less armor and was more easily recognizable as Caitlyn but then everyone complained about that so..

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad to see that they're focusing on Viktor's Q and R in addition to his passive, as they are by far his least interesting skills, what with being shittier clones of other champions' skills and all.

And headhunter Caitlyn continues to be a skin that can be ignored, but really all of the headhunter skins are pretty lame. Except arguably Nidalee's, but that might be more because the rest of her skins are bad or just recolors.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I am mad that I cannot view her gigantic melons at a birds eye view, reflecting on time spent on university catwalks

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

chumbler posted:

I'm glad to see that they're focusing on Viktor's Q and R in addition to his passive, as they are by far his least interesting skills, what with being shittier clones of other champions' skills and all.

And headhunter Caitlyn continues to be a skin that can be ignored, but really all of the headhunter skins are pretty lame. Except arguably Nidalee's, but that might be more because the rest of her skins are bad or just recolors.

Uh excuse me Bewitching Nidalee is the best :colbert:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah Bewitching Nidalee owns, I like all of the Headhunter skins so far though. I think Karma should get one too, that'd be rad. They should do more team skins.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Mackers posted:

The thread banner thirsts for stupid idiot quotes...

Also for those at work did they say what the changes are to Viktor's spells?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Servaetes posted:

The thread banner thirsts for stupid idiot quotes...

Also for those at work did they say what the changes are to Viktor's spells?

Not yet, just the info on the hexcore being more awesome and that there will be some changes. No specifics yet on the skills.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

I really need an ability to report people in champ select. Fortunately the Warwick dodged.

e: The Aatroxx said he was going AP and the Zyra AD

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Where is the pause function in this game?

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

frajaq posted:

Where is the pause function in this game?

In custom matches only.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Brannock posted:

Do you guys have some sort of mental disorder? Serious-looking lady with a giant rifle: who the hell is that even supposed to be? Wait. ... Could it be Jinx, the Loose Cannon, the character exclusively depicted with a wildly happy expression in all of her art and dressed in goofy totally battle-inappropriate poo poo?

Wait, is this sarcasm or do you really think it's Jinx?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Previous Jesus posted:

In custom matches only.

Oh... no pause function in ranked matches? What the hell Riot

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Jamuraan posted:

Wait, is this sarcasm or do you really think it's Jinx?

It's clearly Vayne.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

frajaq posted:

Oh... no pause function in ranked matches? What the hell Riot

It's only necessary for competitive play with prize money on the line. Nobody's solo queue matches (no matter what tier they are) are important enough to warrant wasting 9 other people's time with long pauses. I have nightmare flashbacks back to games of Warcraft III or customs in that where you would just sit in games for 10-15 minutes while people disconnected and reconnected and it would just keep counting down forever keeping the game perpetually paused. I have no desire to see a pause function ever implemented in this game.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

It's only necessary for competitive play with prize money on the line. Nobody's solo queue matches (no matter what tier they are) are important enough to warrant wasting 9 other people's time with long pauses. I have nightmare flashbacks back to games of Warcraft III or customs in that where you would just sit in games for 10-15 minutes while people disconnected and reconnected and it would just keep counting down forever keeping the game perpetually paused. I have no desire to see a pause function ever implemented in this game.

Completely agree.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Libertine posted:

I wouldn't mind pause with a few limits. Like, a 2 minute pause on disconnection in case it was a weird spot or whatever, but after that all bets are off.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

How Rude posted:

I wouldn't mind pause with a few limits. Like, a 2 minute pause on disconnection in case it was a weird spot or whatever, but after that all bets are off.

Eh, no, every time you look at a feature you have to think "what would a "trolly" 14 year old do with this?" Giving one person the ability to spitefully pause the game any number of times during the match is obnoxious.

Even if it were only allowed to happen once per match, you'd better believe it would happen every time you pissed someone off.

Legacyspy
Oct 25, 2008

Poulpe posted:

Eh, no, every time you look at a feature you have to think "what would a "trolly" 14 year old do with this?" Giving one person the ability to spitefully pause the game any number of times during the match is obnoxious.

Even if it were only allowed to happen once per match, you'd better believe it would happen every time you pissed someone off.

Its a question of cost effectiveness. Would the more beneficial uses outweigh the negative uses?

Or there are even other things you could do. Like add a pauses system where anyone can unpause and you can only pause a few times per player. So if anyone disagrees the game is immediately unpaused. If we develop a culture amongst players, where it is expected that we don't unpause for a few minutes if some d/cs then we get a benefit with out a very minor cost.

Legacyspy fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 15, 2014

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Legacyspy posted:

Its a question of cost effectiveness. Would the more beneficial uses outweigh the negative uses?

Or there are even other things you could do. Like add a pauses system where anyone can unpause and you can only pause a few times per player. So if anyone disagrees the game is immediately unpaused. If we develop a culture amongst players, where it is expected that we don't unpause for a few minutes if some d/cs then we get a benefit with out a very minor cost.

Feels like something where anyone would just unpause because "gently caress yes, 4v5 easy win".

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
No

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
It works fine in Dota 2 and yet, despite having a worse player base and the feature having nothing to do with gameplay, it will be utterly horrible in League and turn every match into complete poo poo.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

It works fine in Dota 2 and yet, despite having a worse player base and the feature having nothing to do with gameplay, it will be utterly horrible in League and turn every match into complete poo poo.

I wouldn't say that, even there it works on the honor system, that is the enemy team won't be a dick and just unpauses the game every time. Knowing the LoL playerbase, pause in these games wouldn't change much.

Also it is commonly used for taunting ("any last words?") or for "tactical pause".

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Darth Windu posted:

In my, admittedly limited, Dota 2 experience, pausing is 'when it's the enemy team that has a member DC, you're expected to politely wait, but when your fed carry DCs, the enemy team constantly unpauses because they don't wanna wait.'

I don't care either way.

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:

Libertine posted:

But you couldn't reconnect in WC3, unless they added it at some point after I quit.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Is there a consensus on karthus jungle? I mean, i figure its a gimmick but it kind of works since i can do it and i almost never jungle. Also your first clear on vi and xin, is it supposed to be slow and get you low or am i doing something very wrong here?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Cuatal posted:

But you couldn't reconnect in WC3, unless they added it at some point after I quit.

I'm pretty sure most of the dota-clients enabled reconnecting through some magic.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
I usually do not write about this type of poo poo, but man that Headhunter Cait splash-art really does look terrible.

I really do not care about the whole CIS/feminist/whatimstudyingatuniversitythisweek angle. I just think it looks poorly done and stupid. The weapon she is holding looks like it would be ridiculously unbalanced (front weighted) to hold, for some reason she appears to be "shouldering" (obviously the wrong term for her particular method of holding it) the butt of the weapon in the crook of her elbow in some odd position, the weapon appears to be about 3 times too big for her to actually use, and her head literally seems to be displaced from her body (and from where her head would ordinarily be if she were firing a real rifle type of weapon, but again, that may be what you get when you fire it from the crook of your elbow).

I am so artistically untalented that I usually cannot see the "spine doesn't match an appropriate angle" type of things people here rant about with most of these, but even I can see at a glance that this one is terrible.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Bholder posted:

Also it is commonly used for taunting ("any last words?") or for "tactical pause".

I nearly lost a game one time because of the most bullshit tac pause I've ever seen in my life. Tac pauses are real and they are horrible. I don't think League will have any problem with it the same way that Dota does, though.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

TheModernAmerican posted:

Gnar is so laughably easy to kill until level 3+. 400 range is hilariously low. I really think he can only jungle.

How exactly is he supposed to jungle? I watched Stonewall do a clear with him and while it is doable I don't see what makes him worthwhile as a jungler. Anyone got a build?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

lilspooky posted:

How exactly is he supposed to jungle? I watched Stonewall do a clear with him and while it is doable I don't see what makes him worthwhile as a jungler. Anyone got a build?

Nightblue (yeah, I know) made it work by going pure tank and timing initiations with Mega Gnar form. Having Mega Gnar land on you and CC-chain you is pretty brutal and the boulder can actually be pretty good at sniping a fleeing target (Boulder at the start, pick it up during CC combo, boulder is back for the snipe under the tower). Pre-6 ganks were pretty nonexistent and his clear pre-Quill Coat leaves him bleeding worse than Brand which is saying something so if they have an invade-capable jungler you're hosed.

• Locked thread