Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
This thread title is way better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

NTT posted:

its so loving good

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Which champ would you guys say is the "most" overdue for a skin?
I'd say Karma personally, bearing in mind that those who are earlier "in line" often need full VUs/Reworks before it's sensible. (Hello Taric, Urgot, Evelynn)

NTT posted:

Whenever I read it I can't not hear it in Phreak's champion spotlight voice.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Hey man I took whatever had the most people agreeing on it so gently caress if I know. I thought it was kinda weak too but my personal favorite woulda flown over everyone's heads with Malzahar Rolls Up in His Voidwagon

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

youre the best qtpi

call if you need anything

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Servaetes posted:

Hey man I took whatever had the most people agreeing on it so gently caress if I know. I thought it was kinda weak too but my personal favorite woulda flown over everyone's heads with Malzahar Rolls Up in His Voidwagon

I love Malz so I would have supported this title, but I don't get the reference. Enlighten the thread?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Poulpe posted:

I'd say Karma personally, bearing in mind that those who are earlier "in line" often need full VUs/Reworks before it's sensible. (Hello Taric, Urgot, Evelynn)

Skarner and Yorick still have nothing past their release skins and aren't (at least as far as I know) due for any visual updates. And that's also despite battlecast Skarner being teased for what, 2 years now? With a cruel reminder of how we still don't have roboscorpion in the splash art of a lovely skin for a lovely champion.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Is Riot's greatest crime adding unnecessary comma to titles?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Poulpe posted:

Kha'Zix still only has his release skin. He's probably the most overdue.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Obscurity posted:

His release skin was not on fire or a recolour so I think he can get in line behind Karma, Yorick and Skarner.

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

Unfinish3d posted:

I love Malz so I would have supported this title, but I don't get the reference. Enlighten the thread?

It was a reference to some post made in a previous thread when talking about Malzahar's connection to Kassadin's daughter. Something like "Malzahar rolls up in his void wagon and nether grasps her null zone."

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

It certainly doesn't look like the rest of the either of their skins.

Thinking about it, part of the reason I didn't figure it was Caitlyn was that, besides it not looking anything like Caitlyn, I had literally forgotten Caitlyn exists until I reverse-searched the picture and found who it was. Caitlyn really is just that boring.

Poulpe posted:

Chiming in late I know- but that Caitlyn skin is really just not "her" at all. What's with the boob window :riot:

The boob window is unfortunately very Caitlyn, considering all her skins. I was mainly just surprised at how the art manages to completely cover it, as well as her upper arms. It isn't until you see it in-game that you discover it has a chest window and no sleeves, which at least in my opinion kind of undoes the "badass future-hunter" look of the skin.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

anti-magic posted:

His release skin was not on fire or a recolour so I think he can get in line behind Karma, Yorick and Skarner.

Yorick has a skin on release that was better than this default though???

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Emasculator posted:

It was a reference to some post made in a previous thread when talking about Malzahar's connection to Kassadin's daughter. Something like "Malzahar rolls up in his void wagon and nether grasps her null zone."

Word thanks. I was thinking it was from a movie that I just couldn't quite think of and it had been bothering me.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Obscurity posted:

There is no reason to give him a new skin with one that perfect.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Trundle hasn't had one in a very long time, Karma too.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Anyone not saying Zac is wrong, a terrorist

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Just give everyone mecha skins

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Etrips posted:

Well if they keep doing such a great job with them...

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Etrips posted:

They need to start doing kaiju skins :colbert:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Wildfire Zyra looks like hot garbage in game. A pity, the splash looks neat.

TheBuckmister
Oct 18, 2008

mango sentinel posted:

Wildfire Zyra looks like hot garbage in game. A pity, the splash looks neat.

Zombie Zyra is amazing though so it is not like she is lacking.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
[6:37] WHIZKIDOS: need to roll harder on your keyboard
wax on wax off that poo poo

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Luna Was Here posted:

its so loving good

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
This thread title is pretty ableist, though anything is better than the spelling and grammar abortion that was the last one.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
I've been playing Gnar for the past few days and so far the only stat that feels good for both his forms (beyond "tank stats") is Attack Speed. Mini Gnar's base damage is so low, but the bonus damage on his W proc so high, that BotRK feels like a waste over Shiv or Phantom Dancer. I mean hell, I've built Wit's End on him with the right team and done very well. On the other side, big Gnar has such a high damage bonus but so low attack speed that most of the time it feels like you're waiting all day for the next auto to finish. I really don't know where people are getting that Mega Gnar does all the damage, because a maxed mini W proc chunks off big pieces of people's health and has a 1.0 ap ratio.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I've been playing Gnar for the past few days and so far the only stat that feels good for both his forms (beyond "tank stats") is Attack Speed. Mini Gnar's base damage is so low, but the bonus damage on his W proc so high, that BotRK feels like a waste over Shiv or Phantom Dancer. I mean hell, I've built Wit's End on him with the right team and done very well. On the other side, big Gnar has such a high damage bonus but so low attack speed that most of the time it feels like you're waiting all day for the next auto to finish. I really don't know where people are getting that Mega Gnar does all the damage, because a maxed mini W proc chunks off big pieces of people's health and has a 1.0 ap ratio.

The AP ratio isn't for the %health damage though, it's just flat additional damage. Still, it seems like with just BOTRK or Trinity Force (or both if you're feeling saucy) Gnar can just chunk the poo poo out of any melee top lane in little form and he's too dangerous to 1v1 in big form. He's a bastard of a lane bully in the style of Kennen, but I've not had the chance to go against him with a ranged top. I have this feeling Vlad might take a giant poo poo on Gnar.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
http://www.hitbox.tv/andichu

bronze lyfe

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Do people use Vlad? I've tried him on a couple free weeks and I don't really get what he's supposed to contribute to a team.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Why does every ADC in ARAM insist on building Hurricane? Even in ARAM the best case scenario of multiple enemy champs being clumped rarely happens in a situation you can sit there and damage.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I just realized what my ideal champion would be. An ADC with cait's range and lucian's pre-nerf dash. I would play that champion forever, even if it's other abilities were all totally useless.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Generic Octopus posted:

Do people use Vlad? I've tried him on a couple free weeks and I don't really get what he's supposed to contribute to a team.

Late game damage and tankiness. His ult's damage amp is always good, and he can survive decently enough with his pool plus zhonya's and the health from his passive.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
My stream is about to feature AP Nasus mid vs Kayle.

Bronze is magical.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

mango sentinel posted:

Why does every ADC in ARAM insist on building Hurricane? Even in ARAM the best case scenario of multiple enemy champs being clumped rarely happens in a situation you can sit there and damage.

Every now and then if I get Jinx in ARAM I go full cheese and build hurricane on her. I just never leave rocket mode.

Not the best option, but it's ARAM. gently caress it, I'm going to try fun stuff.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Lightning Knight posted:

The AP ratio isn't for the %health damage though, it's just flat additional damage. Still, it seems like with just BOTRK or Trinity Force (or both if you're feeling saucy) Gnar can just chunk the poo poo out of any melee top lane in little form and he's too dangerous to 1v1 in big form. He's a bastard of a lane bully in the style of Kennen, but I've not had the chance to go against him with a ranged top. I have this feeling Vlad might take a giant poo poo on Gnar.

Flat 1.0 ap ratio on top of %max health damage. Iceborne + Nashor's Tooth and Hourglass or something equally hilarious. Build like Kayle. Ride that poo poo until Riot nerfs it.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

mango sentinel posted:

If you're playing ADC in ARAM you should, almost exclusively, start with Pickaxe + Long Sword, put 2 points in your main nuke, buy mana potions, and rush Last Whisper -> Infinity Edge. Unless you're, like, Tristana or something who doesn't have a mega AD nuke.

This build will win you vast amounts of games for Sivir, Graves, Caitlyn, Varus, Ashe, Jinx... it goes on.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

My stream is about to feature AP Nasus mid vs Kayle.

Bronze is magical.

I will say AP Nasus is fun as hell in ARAM, start with like a frostfang and nuke with your E on cooldown. People aren't used to respecting Spirit Fire whatsoever.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

mango sentinel posted:

It's aram you build stupid poo poo because nobody cares.

Besides having 2.5 AS is so much fun.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

I apologize to whoever bought Gnar because I hyped him up. I hope you're still enjoying the little guy even if the consensus is that he blows.

I legitimately thought he felt really strong, even if you don't get ahead. Unfortunately, it's way too hard to get into the fray as Mega Gnar so it's nearly impossible to wreak all of his havoc. Plus, the whole not being able to decide when you're going to all-in is a pretty lovely thing in and of itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

mango sentinel posted:

Probably because its the only time they can build it without being reported, or they are just that dumb player that builds suboptimally no matter what. Its the worst to have an ADC champ get a couple of your early kills in aram and come back with a hurricane first buy.

• Locked thread