Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

SOMEHOW NOT A FAKE TWEET
It certainly is, Lance. It certainly is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Bret Hart is a known carcinogen

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

This is a good night imo

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Are you loving kidding me Lance Storm? As someone who has lost both family and friends to cancer, go piss up a loving rope.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

but what if he's right

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
before doctors, people didn't get cancer, think about it...

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Even noted conspiracy nut/sexual assaulter and Austin Aries retweeted it, for gently caress's sake.

lance u kno so much #wakeup

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Omally posted:

before doctors, people didn't get cancer, think about it...

Doctors have known about cancer for a LONG time, if they were gonna cure it they would have done it by now.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

sunsweet posted:

Even noted conspiracy nut/sexual assaulter and Austin Aries retweeted it, for gently caress's sake.

lance u kno so much #wakeup

Vince Russo was just on it and fantasy booked a double-chicken-neck-on-poles match that took $0 in ticket sales.

nL is cool.

Triamcinolone
Oct 18, 2009
Just heard your donation foochs, that was cool. Hello from Arthur's stream.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

My dad's cancer just spread to his lymph nodes, lungs, and liver, and I still can't be angry with Lance.

I'm more just disappointed.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Triamcinolone posted:

Just heard your donation foochs, that was cool. Hello from Arthur's stream.

Hi buddy. :3:

LividLiquid posted:

My dad's cancer just spread to his lymph nodes, lungs, and liver, and I still can't be angry with Lance.

I'm more just disappointed.

Christ LL, I'm sorry buddy. :smith:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

pink products have carcinogens
people better stop smoking their shirts and ribbons and poo poo

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
You know, Storm might have a point about Big Pharma and their practices and all that jazz, but a) what else does he expect us to do about fighting cancer?, and b) this is sentiment we're talking about here.

For those that don't know, the Fighting Back: Wrestling With Cancer charity event is this weekend, raising money for cancer research in honor of Phrank "Stinky the Homeless Guy" Morin. And there's a video game livestream going on now to help raise funds for that. This isn't some mega charity like Komen we're talking about here. It's by wrestlers and wrestling fans, for a wrestler's memory. If you even believe all cancer research is a scam, is it really shaking your principles that much to deny support? Even a retweet, which, and I cannot stress this enough, is the very least you could do?

This is like Scott Hall (allegedly) refusing to sign that birthday card for the young cancer patient. Some people came to his defense, saying he might not want to teach the kid to accept/expect handouts just because he's sick. To that I say, what the hell kind of moral conundrum does a five year old with a potentially terminal illness need to learn?

There's sticking to your principles, then there's being arrogant and obtuse to the point of degeneracy.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

OmegaBR posted:

You know, Storm might have a point about Big Pharma and their practices and all that jazz, but a) what else does he expect us to do about fighting cancer?, and b) this is sentiment we're talking about here.

Apparently learning to #AskQuestions and being a douchenozzle is the REAL way to stand up to cancer. :c00lbutt:

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

OmegaBR posted:

This is like Scott Hall (allegedly) refusing to sign that birthday card for the young cancer patient. Some people came to his defense, saying he might not want to teach the kid to accept/expect handouts just because he's sick. To that I say, what the hell kind of moral conundrum does a five year old with a potentially terminal illness need to learn?

There's sticking to your principles, then there's being arrogant and obtuse to the point of degeneracy.

And yet Scott Hall gladly accepted the free handout to have his surgery.

Oh Lance, what a disappointment. I love these 'open your eyes' people, because what exactly do they have to back them up other than conjecture and the staggering belief that they must be right because they just are. And then there's the smug attitude on top of it. Tell it to the people suffering from it Lance, tell it to the people who tirelessly research Cancer cures that it's all for nothing because secretly, some years ago, it was actually cured on the quiet but no one is allowed to know.

There are plenty of Cancer charities that take more money for themselves than they end up putting forward in aid of research, which is the point I thought he was initially trying to make, but then he just went off the deep end.

DrVenkman fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Aug 16, 2014

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

DrVenkman posted:

And yet Scott Hall gladly accepted the free handout to have his surgery.

Oh Lance, what a disappointment. I love these 'open your eyes' people, because what exactly do they have to back them up other than conjecture and the staggering belief that they must be right because they just are. And then there's the smug attitude on top of it. Tell it to the people suffering from it Lance, tell it to the people who tirelessly research Cancer cures that it's all for nothing because secretly, some years ago, it was actually cured on the quiet but no one is allowed to know.

There are plenty of Cancer charities that take more money for themselves than they end up putting forward in aid of research, which is the point I thought he was initially trying to make, but then he just went off the deep end.

Well, to be fair to Hall, we really don't know if that was the case, or what his reasoning is if it's true.

And to be fair to Storm, charities like Komen are more business than charity and present something of a false idea.

Still, if wearing head to toe pink makes someone happy and helps them believe, well, you know. I mean, it's important to be informed, and not let scumbags get away with their scumbaggery (speaking of which, kudos to Russo for the support, but he's still been lying about his employment for close to a year and trying to pass the buck.) But you don't go up to kids at the mall and tell them that's not the real Santa just so they'll "wake up."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OmegaBR posted:

You know, Storm might have a point about Big Pharma and their practices and all that jazz

He doesn't.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm not saying I want Lance Storm to get cancer because I don't want anybody to have cancer but at this point if Lance Storm got cancer I would say lol owned.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Christ LL, I'm sorry buddy. :smith:
Thanks, Foochs. New round of chemo starts Monday.

I've heard Lance rant about this on Figure Four. His thinking is that pharma companies are researching cancer drugs anyway, so charities giving them money doesn't make them work harder, faster, or better; it just increases their profits.

So I really can't be mad at the guy for making GBS threads on this if that's what he believes. He's just ignorant.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

LividLiquid posted:

Thanks, Foochs. New round of chemo starts Monday.

I've heard Lance rant about this on Figure Four. His thinking is that pharma companies are researching cancer drugs anyway, so charities giving them money doesn't make them work harder, faster, or better; it just increases their profits.

So I really can't be mad at the guy for making GBS threads on this if that's what he believes. He's just ignorant.

His write off of ALL Cancer charities ignores things like Macmillian here in the UK, who primarily are only there to offer support and care to people in the late stages and that raising money for Cancer goes beyond things like giving money to pharmaceutical companies. I see that someone on his Twitter has asked Lance about it multiple times and he's not replied yet, surprisingly enough.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
And literally all he needed to do, if he doesn't agree with people giving money to cancer charities, is just ignore the request for a re-tweet. But he couldn't, he had to get on his soapbox, and now the entire world knows he's a loving asshat, if they didn't already.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

OK I unfollowed Lance.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
I hope that Lance stays healthy and will see the error in his ways

Rise above hate

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Someone ask him his thoughts on 9/11.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Just a ploy by the Red Cross to increase donations

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Gonzo McFee posted:

#InsideJob #Building7 #FuckPopularMechanics

I don't like Susan G. Komen either but loving hell Lance, c'mon.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Delsaber posted:

#InsideJob #Building7 #FuckPopularMechanics

#ItShouldHaveBeenALibrary #IDontUnderstandComedy

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
http://wrestlingonearth.com/things-lance-storm-dislikes/

Lance Storm is such a dork.

Doesn't understand taste, libraries or how cancer research works.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Are there any happy tweets?!

Last two pages were disappointing and sad :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Are there any happy tweets?!

Last two pages were disappointing and sad :(

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Steve Austin to become a Sharkboy impersonator??

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Isnt the steve Austin shark thing a long running twitter joke by him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Croc posted:

Isnt the steve Austin shark thing a long running twitter joke by him.

Yeah he's been doing it for years now. At one point I'm pretty sure sharks were riding around his ranch on ATVs trying to run him off the road.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Austin bought a boat to take the fight to the sharks on their home turf.

Edit: Well he rented one and the water was too choppy but still!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lance Storm threw a good super kick he's cool with me.

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

As a dude suffering from brain cancer, Lance Storm is dumb, and Austin is still cool.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah he's been doing it for years now. At one point I'm pretty sure sharks were riding around his ranch on ATVs trying to run him off the road.
No those were graboids

Kurt Angle posted:

Will be taking the ALS #IceBucketChallenge tonight with milk instead of water. Please donate to this great charity. #milkisbetterthanwater

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Kurt Angle is so awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...