Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Okay wait hold stop the goddamn thread, we've forgotten something

Why isn't this in the OP?

e: This would go at the top of a page. :downs:

Gnar seems like he can be pretty easily made irrelevant top lane by just forcing a trade right when you hit level 2. He won't be able to transform right then, which means pretty much any champ in the game that can get to him and lay down a spell/attack or two will out-trade him to a hilarious degree. If you have a strong level two on a champion that can deal with both his range and his transformation (like Jarvan :getin:) he's more or less hosed.

Zwingley fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Zwingley posted:

Gnar seems like he can be pretty easily made irrelevant top lane by just forcing a trade right when you hit level 2. He won't be able to transform right then, which means pretty much any champ in the game that can get to him and lay down a spell/attack or two will out-trade him to a hilarious degree. If you have a strong level two on a champion that can deal with both his range and his transformation (like Jarvan :getin:) he's more or less hosed.

Not only that, but any ranged top also shuts him down hard, because he can't even so much as trade with them because of his range in mini form. Teemo, Jayce, Nid and Quinn all shut him down pretty hard.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I think the problem with mini Gnar is how common basic slows are and how much they crap all over his primary strength of mobility. If he can't make it to a double hop target he just dies.

I've been playing a lot of Olaf top and pretty much every time I land an axe, he loses the lane.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Even if he doesn't get his poo poo pushed in during the laning phase, I just don't see Gnar do much. His numbers are too low to have much impact on anything in teamfights.

In 3s I can see him getting some decent harass against a few top-laners, or possibly pulling off some successful picks; but even in a pretty much ideal case, he doesn't have the scaling to make it useful. His kit is fine, his numbers are just not good. But if he gets a bit too much, then he would become a legitimate nightmare in lane against a lot of picks.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

AHH FUGH posted:

Yeah, considering how you have 4 pots, Vi has a shield and Xin has sustain, you're doing something wrong.

Blue, Wolves, Red, gank, base and get Spirit Stone and then you will never go low jungling ever again.

Are you literally doing every camp before ganking? Golem and Wight are only really worth it if you're in the vicinity and have nothing better to do.

I got Xin's W second now and i stay really high health throughout. A bunch of probuilds and stream got it at 3 but i just got too low. Haven't tried vi again yet.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
[url=http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=49324224#post49324224]something something lyte ups a guys ban from 14 day to perma rofl[/url[

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

[url=http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=49324224#post49324224]something something lyte ups a guys ban from 14 day to perma rofl[/url[

Great link, A++

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Luna Was Here posted:

Is is bad that this

quote:

[16:39] Support Persian: lel.

annoyed me way more than anything else that idiot said?

'lel' and 'u mad' are calling cards for the worst of the worst when it comes to online pieces of poo poo.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

Is is bad that this

annoyed me way more than anything else that idiot said?

'lel' and 'u mad' are calling cards for the worst of the worst when it comes to online pieces of poo poo.

I say lel a lot but it started out ironically and it just grew on me. I also try to remain positive in every game and encourage my team :shrug:

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

GreyPowerVan posted:

I say lel a lot but it started out ironically and it just grew on me. I also try to remain positive in every game and encourage my team :shrug:

I must say based on experience that you are by far an exception. Most people that I've seen say 'lel' are the kind of idiot 14 year old redditor that learned humor from bitter 4chan vets and thinks it's hilarious to call people slurs and say 'gg' at 15 minutes because the enemy team took a tower or the enemy jungler got a kill. v:v:v

Not to say that I'm some expert on League player behavior, mind.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Got into a game with this guy last night that was spamming elo boosting links. He ended up picking nautilus jungle and invading a rengar, giving first blood. good poo poo

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
We'll stay / forever in lane
he will buy Frozen Heart and / my streak will go on and on~♪

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gEmtDfjwIk

(never stop)

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
http://www.hitbox.tv/andichu

Bronze II -> Bronze I Series. Go Go Losing Streak.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

GreyPowerVan posted:

I say lel when the enemy is doing something incredibly stupid. Example, a Signed running around with his ult on but not his poison. We won the fight so hard I actually stopped and typed out in all chat to turn his poison on.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Woah, there, buddy, turn the poison on? That's pretty..............................................................toxic.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

Remember, anything can happen in ARAM:

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1496307219/84145

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
So are people saying theoddone is great because of what a broken and weird looking creature he is and he makes anyone else look like an adonis in comparison or is the scene so devoid of humor that he's considered "funny".

Theoddone got scurvy despite probably pulling in probably six figures.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

So are people saying theoddone is great because of what a broken and weird looking creature he is and he makes anyone else look like an adonis in comparison or is the scene so devoid of humor that he's considered "funny".

Theoddone got scurvy despite probably pulling in probably six figures.

Yelling the same thing 5 times in a row into a $5 Walmart microphone is the height of streaming comedy, apparently.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Something like a week ago, somebody posted a website that not only provided stats about a given game, but had a map that showed where the players were at any given time. Can anyone remember what website that was? :shobon:

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Killed By Death posted:

Something like a week ago, somebody posted a website that not only provided stats about a given game, but had a map that showed where the players were at any given time. Can anyone remember what website that was? :shobon:

You may be thinking of Riot's own new match history. It doesn't show where players are at any given time but it does have a map of where all the kills were (there's a button at the end of all your games that will take you to this).

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I don't understand why people don't run Graves mid. He has a low cooldown nuke, benefits very well from blue, has a ranged slow/blind and a dash to get out of ganks or to jump walls, and his Q/R combo deletes heroes. On top of that, he benefits even better than Talon/Zed do from the new AD itemization. His slightly low range isn't as much of a liability in mid where you're frequently up against melee or lower-range mages, and he's naturally bulky helping with trades and taking harass.

And if having one champion that can shred towers and objectives is good, then what about having... two?!

He just seems like a much safer AD pick to go mid if you have an AP top or something -- safer than Talon or Zed or something. He has really impressive AOE damage as well.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Brannock posted:

I don't understand why people don't run Graves mid. He has a low cooldown nuke, benefits very well from blue, has a ranged slow/blind and a dash to get out of ganks or to jump walls, and his Q/R combo deletes heroes. On top of that, he benefits even better than Talon/Zed do from the new AD itemization. His slightly low range isn't as much of a liability in mid where you're frequently up against melee or lower-range mages, and he's naturally bulky helping with trades and taking harass.

And if having one champion that can shred towers and objectives is good, then what about having... two?!

He just seems like a much safer AD pick to go mid if you have an AP top or something -- safer than Talon or Zed or something. He has really impressive AOE damage as well.

He doesn't have nearly as much single target burst as an AD assassin which means he can't just delete the enemy ADC or APC instantly unless he gets hilariously fed, and he doesn't have near as much utility or CC as a conventional AP mage. So why bother? Tristana would be a much better pick mid if you want an amazing tower taker lategame and has one of the safest laning phases to boot.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Che Delilas posted:

You may be thinking of Riot's own new match history. It doesn't show where players are at any given time but it does have a map of where all the kills were (there's a button at the end of all your games that will take you to this).

The website I'm thinking of was even more in depth than that. You could choose any time, down to tens of seconds and it would show you were they were on the map. It showed you how many times a spell was cast, how much damage it did, who it hit etc. It was really in depth and I really wish I'd saved the link :(

Killed By Death fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 16, 2014

Star Warrior X
Jul 14, 2004

Killed By Death posted:

The website I'm thinking of was even more in depth than that. You could choose any time, down to tens of seconds and it would show you were they were on the map. It showed you how many times a spell was cast, how much damage it did, who it hit etc. It was really in depth and I really wish I'd saved the link :(

riftwalk.gg

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

That's it! Many thanks, friend.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Brannock posted:

Talon and Zed are both fantastic mids because they can farm pretty reliably and kill their opponent and roam. Graves has nothing going for him other than a lot of damage. Though your post did make me think about AP tops and boy howdy is that pool shallow and lovely. Vlad and Rumble are in horrible spots.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Servaetes posted:

Talon and Zed are both fantastic mids because they can farm pretty reliably and kill their opponent and roam. Graves has nothing going for him other than a lot of damage. Though your post did make me think about AP tops and boy howdy is that pool shallow and lovely. Vlad and Rumble are in horrible spots.

Graves has excellent waveclear. He's also ranged. Dunno, I could never make melee mids work for me so maybe I'm biased on that view.

For top lane... there's Lissandra, Ryze, Annie :laugh:, Swain, and Warwick. I've seen Akali top a few times but I can't figure out why. I wonder if Karma could work top lane, she used to be overwhelmingly strong in the 1v1 lane in Dominion thanks to Mantra link.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

*claps like a retard*

-

Brannock posted:

Graves has excellent waveclear. He's also ranged. Dunno, I could never make melee mids work for me so maybe I'm biased on that view.

For top lane... there's Lissandra, Ryze, Annie :laugh:, Swain, and Warwick. I've seen Akali top a few times but I can't figure out why. I wonder if Karma could work top lane, she used to be overwhelmingly strong in the 1v1 lane in Dominion thanks to Mantra link.

You forgot teemo. :rant:

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
He's not horribly in flavor but I like to take Cho'Gath top lane every once in a while when I build him AP.

Edit: Also Singed.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Brannock posted:

Karma works great top lane, in my experience. She's totally brutal vs melee.

Also, somebody just drophacked an ARAM I was in. I can't really understand why you'd drophack the explicitly for-fun mode :(

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

The Crusher posted:

He's not horribly in flavor but I like to take Cho'Gath top lane every once in a while when I build him AP.

Edit: Also Singed.

He's pretty good right now, imo. He can sustain and he's fairly hard to gank if you're not an idiot.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Anything!
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1495800911/377104

Getting dunked on all game until we magically get it together and start winning fights, but not decisively enough to to take their nexus. I guess they get tired of it and just surrender.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

When the tribunal was still around I used to just ctrl+f the chatlogs for "kid" and autopunish if the person reported said it even once. I'm pretty sure every single one ended up being voted punish by the majority too.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Matazat please make a video with "Sure Shot" by the Beastie Boys. I had that come up on shuffle and got a quadra so is must be a sign.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I got promo'd so time to ruin it. Streaming some bad bronze games. http://www.hitbox.tv/andichu

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

notoriousman posted:

We'll stay / forever in lane
he will buy Frozen Heart and / my streak will go on and on~♪

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gEmtDfjwIk

(never stop)

Dangit I was gonna post this. Never stop, Matazat. Never stop.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Brannock posted:

Yeah I guess you could argue Liss/Ryze/Swain/Lulu and stuff, they just feel kinda janky as toplaners to me. Sans maybe Ryze, none of the ones I'm thinking or you're thinking (lets be honest Warwick wouldn't buy AP outside of Dorans unless he's retarded) most of the conventional bruisers will have a lot of killing potential. I might be selling them short but that's been my take.

Like a repurposed mage will generally farm off against a bruiser or the moment a stiff breeze catches them/gank they die

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I just got into a ranked game as second pick, we're on purple side so our captain is also picking with me.

I pick Gnar, he picks Yi. Jungle Teleport/Smite Yi.

They duo lane bot legends flip the gently caress out about the Gnar pick. :wtc:

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

Servaetes posted:

Is Kennen still a decent pick top? I do fine with him but I'm also playing against pretty bad people because I am also pretty bad.

I suppose you could always take him mid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Been playing the game on and off for a few years, spending most of my time after S3 in dominion/ARAM

Decided to finally bite the bullet and play ranked SR!

This'll be a treat.

• Locked thread