Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nvining
May 30, 2011

tunnels through walls with its odd, rubbery nasal appliance
We're on Steam Early Access now!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224740

Go buy it!

(Saves will be in an internal test branch later today, and will be pushed to the main tree early next along with support for Unicode machines after we have verified that they are Perfectly Safe.)

nvining fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammy!
Jul 3, 2004

WHAT TIME IS IT!?
Stumbled across this and thought it was relevant to today's news.

Prepare thineselves, gaslamp.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Lammy! posted:

Stumbled across this and thought it was relevant to today's news.

Prepare thineselves, gaslamp.

It's pretty quiet, actually. Or maybe that's the exhaustion talking.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I don't see how that comic is at all relevant to Early Access as a phenomenon.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Oh, right, I forgot. We have an exciting new Video here which instructs you on the many ways which you may Stave off Starvation in the colonies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZMG035ne6E

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

nvining posted:

Oh, right, I forgot. We have an exciting new Video here which instructs you on the many ways which you may Stave off Starvation in the colonies:

:golfclap: I approve of this most heartily. It would seem that caviar is the most efficient way to obtain foods as several new sources of meat will readily present itself after harvesting!

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009

nvining posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244720

Go buy it!

(Saves will be in an internal test branch later today, and will be pushed to the main tree early next along with support for Unicode machines after we have verified that they are Perfectly Safe.)

And I'm in!

DrHub
Jun 21, 2012
I just bought the game!

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Just bought this myself, but every time I try to do any sort of renovate the game just crashes(even just placing a workbench or lamp will crash it), other then that I haven't had any critical buggs.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Choyi posted:

Just bought this myself, but every time I try to do any sort of renovate the game just crashes(even just placing a workbench or lamp will crash it), other then that I haven't had any critical buggs.

Yep! This one is known about, and will be fixed by Monday.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

quick question: What do you think the tutorial is gonna be put in?

nvining
May 30, 2011

HogX posted:

quick question: What do you think the tutorial is gonna be put in?

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. What do I think the tutorial is going to be put in? Any of the following:

- Obleskian Storage Locker
- Canopic Jar
- Spice Racks

might be good.

If you are asking for *when*, there is a quick start guide available from the Steam Page as a PDF.

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009
The game froze sort of, just doing their last animation on repeat. This happened after I was fiddling around with the stockpiles since my overseer was picking up some planks and then putting them back again on a loop. I think I clicked the "allow all in stockpile" option to the left rapidly a couple of times before the game froze. I got a good first impression and really liked how the workshops work.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

nvining posted:

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. What do I think the tutorial is going to be put in? Any of the following:

- Obleskian Storage Locker
- Canopic Jar
- Spice Racks

might be good.

If you are asking for *when*, there is a quick start guide available from the Steam Page as a PDF.

Whoops, didn't notice the mistake. So you're not going to put in a getting started thing? Or just a 'how to do basic stuff' bit in the game?

nvining
May 30, 2011

Zteuer posted:

The game froze sort of, just doing their last animation on repeat. This happened after I was fiddling around with the stockpiles since my overseer was picking up some planks and then putting them back again on a loop. I think I clicked the "allow all in stockpile" option to the left rapidly a couple of times before the game froze. I got a good first impression and really liked how the workshops work.

Can you send us your replay to contact@gaslampgames.com? Please check the bug forum for more information.

nvining
May 30, 2011

HogX posted:

Whoops, didn't notice the mistake. So you're not going to put in a getting started thing? Or just a 'how to do basic stuff' bit in the game?

There will eventually be something? It's possible I might add an in-game help system that just echoes what is in the Getting Started Guide, for instance. Anyhow, we'll see.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

nvining posted:

There will eventually be something? It's possible I might add an in-game help system that just echoes what is in the Getting Started Guide, for instance. Anyhow, we'll see.

Alrighty, I was just curious about that. Also within the first 5 minutes of my first game, three fishmen attacked my settlers, and were promptly shot to death. Some would say an ill boding on the future of this colony, I say it's fresh seafood that comes to you!

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
For anyone who is interested in seeing the game as it is I'm streaming it for a while, probably for an hour or two http://www.hitbox.tv/AndroidHub

Thanks anyone who tuned in!

AndroidHub fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 16, 2014

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

nvining posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244720

Go buy it!

I think you mean http://store.steampowered.com/app/224740

Also for some reason it's not showing up in the new releases list (which E.A. games only do if you have show DLC checked anyway, but I do) but that's probably just the Steam store being janky as it has been lately.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
A bit sad to hear about abandoning the HD4000, I was hoping to be able to play on my girlfriend's laptop while on the ferry and such. Oh well, I guess I'll have to make due with playing at my desk.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Gibbo posted:

A bit sad to hear about abandoning the HD4000, I was hoping to be able to play on my girlfriend's laptop while on the ferry and such. Oh well, I guess I'll have to make due with playing at my desk.

Might as well give it a shot if you are buying it anyway. It seems to work on my HD4000 laptop.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

nvining posted:

"Five Rounds Rapid!"
:neckbeard::commissar:

We still love you, Brigadier...

(I don't care if that wasn't a real reference. Don't tell me.)

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009

nvining posted:

Can you send us your replay to contact@gaslampgames.com? Please check the bug forum for more information.

I think I may be dumb and I know my eyes aren't good. Noticed in my last game just now that when you pause the game the exact same behaviour as in my report is shown. I may have hit the space bar by accident and then not noticed the really small change in the pause icon. Sorry about that guys!

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Clockwork Empires - Linear Gameplay Disrupted by Pause Key

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Recommended:
OS: Windows 7, 64-Bit Version (By Appointment to Her Majesty)
Processor: Intel i7 or above, fashioned of Stout Empire Tin and Burnished of Solid Pewter
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: A Big, Shiny NVIDIA or AMD Graphics Card With Lots of Fans Stuck to It. (Remember: More Fans Means More Steampunk!)
DirectX: Version 9.0
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 8 GB available space
Sound Card: "His Masters' Voice" Novorusian All-Wailing Gramaphone Module and Borscht Dispensary
Additional Notes: The Ministry for Growth and Monitoring encourages you to buy a Really Big Monitor

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
How can you drop that without posting the minimum specs too:

Minimum:
Processor: Intel i5 Processor or Equivalent ("The Little Scrapper" model)
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA or AMD card capable of supporting OpenGL 3.2 Core or Above. INTEL HD3000 AND HD4000 GRAPHICS CARDS ARE NOT SUPPORTED.
DirectX: Version 9.0
Hard Drive: 4 GB available space
Sound Card: Lord Palmerstoke's Sound-Reproducing "Old-Timey" Wax Cylinder Driver
Additional Notes: INTEL HD3000 AND HD4000 GRAPHICS CARDS ARE NOT SUPPORTED. The Ministry for Video Game Drivers would like to remind you: true Patriots of the Empire always install their latest Graphics Card Drivers before Enjoying A Bracing Video Game, lest the Blackness Consume Us All.

nvining
May 30, 2011

ThaGhettoJew posted:

"Five Rounds Rapid!"
:neckbeard::commissar:

We still love you, Brigadier...

(I don't care if that wasn't a real reference. Don't tell me.)

Of course it was. Both our sound guy and myself are big Doctor Who fans; I grew up with it. (this is also why there's a police box in Dredmor.)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I encountered a problem:

The game still functions, and the menus look fine, I just have no background.

It worked fine the first time I tried running the game, but I decided I needed to lower the resolution and some settings to improve performance. So I did, and when I went to run the game again, I get this every time (no matter what combination of resolution and graphics settings I try).

Is this a bug anyone else has encountered, or is my graphics card making GBS threads the bed? It's an AMD Radeon R7 200 Series (4095 MB). I've been having problems with it, so this could just be me.

Rydash
Dec 23, 2011

You got a real problem in here, gonna cost ya extra.
Changing the terrain quality from the default (which I believe is High) can cause the above. Reset it (or delete your config.xml file from Documents\Gaslamp Games\Clockwork Empires\ and let Steam regenerate it), and that will likely fix the issue.

EDIT: Also I've seen this from turning Ambient Occlusion off, too, actually. So check that also.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That does seem to be fairly low quality terrain graphics.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Poil posted:

That does seem to be fairly low quality terrain graphics.

I set them to medium. Where's the attention to detail, gaslamp??? This is bullshit I'm demanding a refund.

(Kidding, obviously :). I'll try Rydash's solution, thank you!)

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Ainsley McTree posted:

I encountered a problem:

Ah, the Unseen Geometries event.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

I encountered a problem:

The game still functions, and the menus look fine, I just have no background.

It worked fine the first time I tried running the game, but I decided I needed to lower the resolution and some settings to improve performance. So I did, and when I went to run the game again, I get this every time (no matter what combination of resolution and graphics settings I try).

Is this a bug anyone else has encountered, or is my graphics card making GBS threads the bed? It's an AMD Radeon R7 200 Series (4095 MB). I've been having problems with it, so this could just be me.

Hey, try deleting config.xml from your documents/gaslamp games/clockwork empires folder

nvining
May 30, 2011

A first pass of saves got bumped to our internal testing branch. We'll keep you posted.

applesaucers
Jun 13, 2012

loyalty, faith, and motivation; a conviction that will lead to victory no matter the odds

Daynab posted:

Hey, try deleting config.xml from your documents/gaslamp games/clockwork empires folder

I was going to post the same problem as a bug, but this fixed it, thanks.

Garbo
May 30, 2011
Maybe this is obvious in game and i'm missing it, but what do addons do? Some are obvious; an electric saw increases the speed at which you saw stuff. But what does a spice rack do? What do those two things that extend out of the carpentry shop do?

Also, two questions/suggestions:

1) Is there any plans for finer sorting in stockpiles? I'd love to be able to set something as the "just wood and planks" stockpile, for example.

2) Is there any way/any plans to have an option to make it so your colonists won't eat specific foods? I want to make cabbage stew, but all my colonists just go ahead and eat the cabbages before I can actually cook them. This might be fixed once ownership comes into effect and I can force a work crew to just work the kitchen.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

As far as I'm aware spice racks are still cosmetic. Stockpiles are still on the cards for a full rewrite, and doubtless the food system will be overhauled.

Rydash
Dec 23, 2011

You got a real problem in here, gonna cost ya extra.
I thought the stockpile system already got some love - specifically, that if you click on one, a window comes up listing the stored commodities with toggles across the top for things to get stored in them.

(Although, you'd better be fast on those toggles, because if someone has begun their approach with some steaming fresh bonemeal to your wood-only pile, they will still put the bonemeal in if you toggle those settings after the 'put bonemeal in stockpile' job is accepted by a colonist.)

Problem being it's not abundantly clear that functionality exists without accidentally clicking on a stockpile and suddenly wondering why the commodities window suddenly jumped to the middle of the screen.

Edit: And now that I'm reading more carefully, perhaps you knew about the categories thing and were hoping for item-specific filters. I have no knowledge of those plans! :downs:

Rydash fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 19, 2014

Garbo
May 30, 2011

Rydash posted:

Edit: And now that I'm reading more carefully, perhaps you knew about the categories thing and were hoping for item-specific filters. I have no knowledge of those plans! :downs:

Yeah, I'd like more fine controls. Also is Bonemeal actually used for anything? I harvested some and then clicked on my crops but there was no option to actually use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Garbo posted:

2) Is there any way/any plans to have an option to make it so your colonists won't eat specific foods? I want to make cabbage stew, but all my colonists just go ahead and eat the cabbages before I can actually cook them. This might be fixed once ownership comes into effect and I can force a work crew to just work the kitchen.

You can force a work crew to just work the kitchen. Look at the workshop window, see which work crew has claimed it, then go to them in work crews and click off everything but "workshop jobs", which should be the red brick factory.

Garbo posted:

Yeah, I'd like more fine controls. Also is Bonemeal actually used for anything? I harvested some and then clicked on my crops but there was no option to actually use it.

Bonemeal is used to nurture saplings, turning them from useless ground decoration into proper sources of logs. You can do the same thing with sulphur fertilizer if you decide you don't like ammunition.

• Locked thread