Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Opopanax posted:

This isn't scum merk. My bingo card is mostly empty

What does your Opoptuition say about things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

yuming posted:

Hey ignore his stupid scum votes. You can make reads without his bullshit.

Do you think merk is a scum? I like this better than wv.

I think Merk is definitely back-pedaling. I would vote him.

I would also vote Cpig. Look at his post history. He is either spouting meaningless gibberish or throwing a vote on whoever seems to have impetus building.

##unvote
##vote Cpig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Crazyeyes posted:

I would also vote Cpig. Look at his post history. He is either spouting meaningless gibberish or throwing a vote on whoever seems to have impetus building.

##unvote
##vote Cpig

Lol, look at this loser.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

yuming posted:

What's on the card.

I'm sorry yuming, that is privileged information.

Meinberg posted:

What does your Opoptuition say about things?

I kind of dig what merk is saying about Ras.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Opopanax posted:

I'm sorry yuming, that is privileged information.

I kind of dig what merk is saying about Ras.
No you gotta tell me!

Here's what's on my card: crossing the line, twisting things to suit scum agenda, being obtuse.

That's what I see here.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

Lol, look at this loser.

QED :bustem:

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Crazyeyes posted:

##unvote
##vote Cpig

Have you ever played with Cpig?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Juanito posted:

Have you ever played with Cpig?

Several times. He is actually under his quota of calling me an idiot.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Crazyeyes posted:

Idiot

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Crazyeyes posted:

Seems like you're just chasing after easy targets. Or at least make a real case, but "posting gibberish" and "throwing votes around" isn't a good one for Cpig.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Juanito posted:

Seems like you're just chasing after easy targets. Or at least make a real case, but "posting gibberish" and "throwing votes around" isn't a good one for Cpig.

Hey! I don't post gibberisisbsusvwgwgwjsbsbshsjsnsndle
D
F
Fgyyy
Y

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

yuming posted:

No you gotta tell me!

Here's what's on my card: crossing the line, twisting things to suit scum agenda, being obtuse.

That's what I see here.

Someday merk and I may be scum together, and I'll need to carry him. Can't have my own weapons turned against me

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Opopanax posted:

Someday merk and I may be scum together, and I'll need to carry him. Can't have my own weapons turned against me
Town share! Share with town <:mad:>

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yuming, what is scummy about trying to knock people off balance?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

yuming posted:

When inside he's like ~abort mission I hope no one is paying attention and I can just slide of this~
This is pretty much what I've been trying to decide. It's a blurry fine between abort and "let's scum hunt over here" and I'm not feeling the latter in this case. It feels more like he's trying to intentionally get people to shoot themselves in the foot at this point and that's a scummy behavior to me. It fits with how I've seen scum Merk play before personally.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

Oop, oh maybe. I have a very sharp memory of merk saying he "keeps people off balance", but can't remember if it was as scum or town and it was like a year ago. I think in a discussion thread.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

Town don't need to resort to name calling, or brushing good evidence under the rug.

That's what I see you did here.

If your case is good enough it will stand on it's own without you calling Rascyc "crazy" and making non-existent distinctions between fake and bizarro.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Where did I brush something under the rug?

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Juanito posted:

TBF, based on his involvement in this game and lack of effective contribution, I'm comfortable with a d1 lynch of CapitalistPig.

At best, he's establishing a distracting meta style on the off chance he's scum in any individual game of mafia. At worst, he's trolling.

His votes have been terribad, following any plausible sounding argument at any given moment with zero critical analysis. Look at his vote on Rarity. It was based on completely flawed reasoning by myself. You know who does that? People who don't care who they are voting...

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

kilran posted:

TBF, based on his involvement in this game and lack of effective contribution, I'm comfortable with a d1 lynch of CapitalistPig.

At best, he's establishing a distracting meta style on the off chance he's scum in any individual game of mafia. At worst, he's trolling.

His votes have been terribad, following any plausible sounding argument at any given moment with zero critical analysis. Look at his vote on Rarity. It was based on completely flawed reasoning by myself. You know who does that? People who don't care who they are voting...

Yawn. Wake me up on day 2.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

CCKeane posted:

What question haven't I answered?

Crazy Eyes, this question again.

I was gonna take it easy day one, BUT NOW I AM INVESTED AND READY FOR BATTLE.

Why did you drop this?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
merk is flailing hard. Beyond what yuming has said, switching his vote between Keane, Ras and CE so fast makes me think he doesn't have any real conviction behind his cases.

##unvote

##vote merk

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Crazy Eyes, this question again.

I was gonna take it easy day one, BUT NOW I AM INVESTED AND READY FOR BATTLE.

Why did you drop this?

Upon reading your post history I cannot find an example, so I rescind my accusation. Your posting is giving me a "tee hee, I'm so random!" feeling but I can't say I haven't gotten that same vibe outside of games as well so it's not telling.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity posted:

merk is flailing hard. Beyond what yuming has said, switching his vote between Keane, Ras and CE so fast makes me think he doesn't have any real conviction behind his cases.

##unvote

##vote merk

This is what content generation on day 1 looks like.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

yuming posted:

Town don't need to resort to name calling, or brushing good evidence under the rug.

That's what I see you did here.

If your case is good enough it will stand on it's own without you calling Rascyc "crazy" and making non-existent distinctions between fake and bizarro.

I did resort to name calling to try to get a reaction out of Rasyc. I tried to get that reaction because my current case was only built on gut, and I wanted to see what else I could drum up. My case wasn't strong enough to stand on its own - I plainly said that already.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Crazyeyes posted:

Where am I back-pedaling?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Mafia buzz words used at me without any basis so far:
1. flailing (Rarity)
2. back-pedaling (Crazyeyes)

Let's add to the list.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

yuming posted:

merk proceeds to hammer at the point which is also null.

Where do I hammer at Keane's stubbornness?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

I've already said my piece on it. Go read that piece. Please don't distract from further scum hunting by asking a question I've already answered. I don't want that question to Rascyc to be overlooked.

This is the closest thing to me mentioning Keane's stubbornness. I'm attempting to drive conversation towards someone I thought was scummy (Rasyc) rather than let it get lost in a potential Keane/merk slapfight which would generate much less helpful content.

Is this seriously what you're referencing, yuming? How could you possibly think this is scummy? You're saying that I'm scummy because I attempted to drive conversation towards someone I had a gut read on (Rasyc) that you also thought was scummy?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Also, regarding Rascy, I didn't see the parallel to the other game because I was scum in that game and I'm town in this game. On top of that, Rasyc himself characterized the other game as 'bizarro' content whereas he failed to characterize Keane's content here at all. He is creating an analogous situation but can't analogize the content between games. He also doesn't even say I'm scummy. If he isn't prepared to call Keane's content something other than fake and say that I'm scummy for saying what I said, his analogy completely falls flat on his face.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm gone for most of the day in meetings.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

merk posted:

Where am I back-pedaling?

On phone and don't feel like hunting down quote. You said Keane was faking content and only scum fake content. I said that was wrong and you rejected you ever saying it.

You have gone from an iron-clad certainty of Keane being scum to "that's how content is generated on day 1".

I also distrust people who post literally eight times in a row. Makes me feel like they are trying too hard.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Can anyone explain to me why they don't think chaoslord is scum? Just look at this post and tell me it doesn't drip with forced effort:

chaoslord posted:

In catching up, I really don't like CE. It's been said by a few different people but he decided to shoot down one of the first cases of the game because "meta". Since then, two posts, one of which was saying that a doublevoter is around because of the mod's insistance that we unvote or else it wont count (unless doublevoter!), and then this

"My jokevote is now serious" for what reason? The Rascyc/Rarity interaction doesn't really start in earnest until after you posted this, so what before that has you confident in your joke vote? Plus then Keane was definitely saying "Don't lynch me".

##vote Crazyeyes this is what I feel is right

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I'm on the fence on merk right now. My gut is saying scum (and I like yuming's case), but I've got this nagging voice in the back of my head saying no for reasons I can't really articulate. Rarity's vote is really bad though.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Crazyeyes posted:

I also distrust people who post literally eight times in a row. Makes me feel like they are trying too hard.

Sorry CE, but this is a terrible point and is the reason that we end up with games where nobody who posts actively is alive on the last few days.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I am instantly hesitant of a merk vote because my scum shortlist is voting him and also he's merk. I'll reread him tonight since I definitely haven't processed all the content in this game but it sounds dumb. Sorry I haven't been around much, haven't had solid access to a real computer.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

wins32767 posted:

Can anyone explain to me why they don't think chaoslord is scum? Just look at this post and tell me it doesn't drip with forced effort:
chaoslord is pretty new, and generally puts in a lot of effort into his posts, regardless of how right they are. I'm not saying it makes him town in this game, but this is how he always posts.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Juanito posted:

chaoslord is pretty new, and generally puts in a lot of effort into his posts, regardless of how right they are. I'm not saying it makes him town in this game, but this is how he always posts.

...and you're whiteknighting him why? This is the second time where you've come to his defense. You've spent more time defending him than you have making a case on Keane. Seriously, what's up with that?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I strongly disagree with the cases on Rascyc. She's reading town as hell to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Somberbrero posted:

I am instantly hesitant of a merk vote because my scum shortlist is voting him and also he's merk.

Wow this is a great post because scum never vote other scum to appear town (this is sarcasm since apparently none of you can read Internet Tone). Not that I think merk is scum, but that's such lame reasoning I'm surprised the words in your post aren't using crutches to stay upright

Also I think it's really cool + scummy how Rarity wordlessly drops pursuing me in favor of a bad merk vote. In fact, I think I now prefer a Rarity lynch over Meinberg

##unvote
##vote Rarity

• Locked thread