Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Suspicious Cook posted:

Ray E. O Speedwagon and Lisa Lisa teaming up for some real JoJo's Bizzare Disaster.

Please don't tell me the Tsunami has a stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Finally, I can make a contribution to the thread via YoutubeDoubler.

:haw:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ray Dio Speedwagon

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Neruz posted:

Please don't tell me the Tsunami has a stand.

The Hurricane is a stand. Its master is a guy named Scorpions.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Derek Barona posted:

As bad as this game's been, I will admit that Lisa just telling Ray to murder everyone because she's tired of being an obligitory damsel in distress is a nice breath of fresh air. Gives you a little incentive to blow through the rest of the soldiers and get to her.
Yeah the game at least knows when to drop the bullshit on some parts and that was one of the best loving moments of the entire game. Just...

gently caress everything, time to come out blazing.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Geop sounds like he's completely smashed/really tired. You feeling ok man?

Also the flying debris section was gold. Everything about this games physics engine/physics in general is loving magical to behold, it just makes no drat sense.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Geop sounds like he's completely smashed/really tired. You feeling ok man?
Haha, this was after a super-long day and a ~3hr stream. I passed out a few minutes after this finished :staredog:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Just caught up. Good lord. Two things I noticed:

1) I think the drowned guy in the vest in the church was the merc you saved from the volcano. Ray can't save anybody.

2) Magical man is obviously a ghost of some kind. Perhaps it's Ray's Jiminy Cricket-esque conscience. More likely he's just haunted by the first person he failed to save.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

weekly font posted:

2) Magical man is obviously a ghost of some kind. Perhaps it's Ray's Jiminy Cricket-esque conscience. More likely he's just haunted by the first person he failed to save.

That civilian guy from the intro when the volcano erupted? I mean I suppose he technically did his part to save him, it's not Ray's fault the copter got taken out. So I guess that means... oh my god. STEVE! :aaaaa:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Geop posted:

Haha, this was after a super-long day and a ~3hr stream. I passed out a few minutes after this finished :staredog:
I'm just a slave driver that whips my co-commentators into crazy accents and hunk hatred. The good news is that there are only two videos left and then none of you have to suffer through this any longer. I will just carry the scars with me forever.

Just out of curiosity, would anyone like me to stream the rest of the costumes? I was thinking about doing a bonus video but I haven't streamed in forever and I could probably bum rush my way through the game with more frog dongs or hurricane t-shirts.....or the other secrets.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Niggurath posted:

Just out of curiosity, would anyone like me to stream the rest of the costumes? I was thinking about doing a bonus video but I haven't streamed in forever and I could probably bum rush my way through the game with more frog dongs or hurricane t-shirts.....or the other secrets.

Please make this happen also scarecam of you wearing the frog costume tia

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

To be fair, I don't think Panzer needed any help from you to hate our manliest of hunks. I think that was inevitable the first time she saw him burn.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Standing in the arms of a hurricane isn't enough excitement for this guy? What the hell.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

No one expected this to happen or wanted it to happen...but here we are. Near the end.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I wish they used the "box full of fire" gag in more places.

Like if Ray actually used those vending machines instead of eating garbage meat, he'd press E4 only for the machine to spray him with flames. Or maybe he'd go to rescue a survivor just to find out it's fire in a dress. Ray rips open a sack full of crackers ready to slam a sleeve of Ritz but nope. Fire.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Oh Thank Heavens you shanked Evans.

Man this game is amazing in some really dumb ways. Panzer I do hope there will be some terrible Disaster references in Roundabout.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
FUN FUN FUN

I love how everything is so amazingly lame in such a hilarious way. It's great. That was the most awful cool mech fight ever.
And of course the only reason we get a radio is so that next update it'll cut out in the middle of the disarming instructions I bet! Like, seriously, where did the colonel and Lisa even go to?

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
This will probably be the last firebox of the game. Rest in peace, you beautiful natural phenomena.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
After you started your Fatal Frame 4 LP I was worried that you forgot about this LP.

Thank loving Christ I was wrong, Dantelot pulling a giant mech out of nowhere was worth the wait and acting like a crazy motherfucker and all the other hokieness made it all worth while.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

What are the odds the disarmament procedure involves CPR, dragging, punching, and then running very fast on the surface of the water?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I liked the elevator radio scene, where Ray is apparently communicating through a radio with sheer mental effort only.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Geop was in fine form for this episode, well done :thumbsup:

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
That was fan-loving-tastic and I love how done Panzer is with Geop's poo poo, god drat. I loving love that last boss too, god this game has everything I ever wanted...I had no idea about that missile attack though holy poo poo that's awesome :stare:

To me this game is like one of those really bad crazy B-movies that some people just LOVE due to its absurdity, basically what I'm saying is Disaster is to games what Snakes On A Plane is to movies. For me at least.
Thank you so much for this Niggurath, finally glad to see this game get this far in an SA LP.

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 18, 2014

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Please tell me Ray defuses the bomb by punching it.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

FinalGamer posted:

That was fan-loving-tastic and I love how done Panzer is with Geop's poo poo, god drat.
This is basically how most of our conversations have gone for the past several years :v: I'm an ongoing thorn in her side. Nothing is over.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Didn't the Colonel get shot like 5 updates ago? In the middle of a flash flood? In a completely different city?

How the gently caress did he even survive, let alone make it aboard the ferry. Is he a ghost? I bet he's a ghost.

Fuckin ghost Colonel all up in this poo poo.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

And just in case if you were guys were worried that there'd be another delay for the finale, it's all recorded and ready to go. It should be ummmmm something?

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Didn't the Colonel get shot like 5 updates ago? In the middle of a flash flood? In a completely different city?

How the gently caress did he even survive, let alone make it aboard the ferry. Is he a ghost? I bet he's a ghost.

Fuckin ghost Colonel all up in this poo poo.
You know, out of all the things that happened with the last video this is probably the one that got to me the most. We couldn't have Lisa do something, or hell, even have Special Agent Olson. Nope....we had to have the clearly dead guy make a pinpoint accurate shot in the middle of a hurricane while being propped up Lisa. Also there will never be an explanation as to how the Colonel got there; how he managed to catch up to Ray after floating away in a flood in a completely different city, how he hasn't managed to bleed out/freeze to death/be way better at life than Ray (especially since he's technically saved Lisa)....he's just a way better character than Ray in every form.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Niggurath posted:

Also there will never be an explanation as to how the Colonel got there
He's a ghost, whip out that camera and take a picture.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Geop did you come up with your puns while sitting inside a box? You were on fire in this episode.

FinalGamer posted:

That was fan-loving-tastic and I love how done Panzer is with Geop's poo poo, god drat. I loving love that last boss too, god this game has everything I ever wanted...I had no idea about that missile attack though holy poo poo that's awesome :stare:

To me this game is like one of those really bad crazy B-movies that some people just LOVE due to its absurdity, basically what I'm saying is Disaster is to games what Snakes On A Plane is to movies. For me at least.
Thank you so much for this Niggurath, finally glad to see this game get this far in an SA LP.
Whenever I read about this game online or hear it mentioned on a podcast people are always negative about it, but I loving love Disaster for exactly the reasons you mentioned. I can overlook some gameplay problems when a game has every natural disaster taking place in the same part of the world within 24 hours and also has a boss fight against a bear and a metal gear.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Holy poo poo lmao, this game still continues to amaze even on the last stretch

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Geop posted:

This is basically how most of our conversations have gone for the past several years :v: I'm an ongoing thorn in her side. Nothing is over.

From the sound of her at this point I'm picturing you or Niggurath inviting her to guest LP again and she puts on sunglasses, flips you off, and drives into the sunset on a motorcycle backwards just to keep flipping you off.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Suspicious Cook posted:

From the sound of her at this point I'm picturing you or Niggurath inviting her to guest LP again and she puts on sunglasses, flips you off, and drives into the sunset on a motorcycle backwards just to keep flipping you off.

This is actually my only method of locomotion

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Do you leave one hand for steering, or do you flip off with both hands while the motorcycle mysteriously keeps steering straight by itself?

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

liquidypoo posted:

Do you leave one hand for steering, or do you flip off with both hands while the motorcycle mysteriously keeps steering straight by itself?

The handle bars are arranged in a way where she can still flip people off and steer at the same time.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
GOOD WORK RAY

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Oh my God. This game is the dumbest and I love it.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
This game. It's like they tried to create a clone of Bad Day L.A. that's triyng to take itself serious. :magical:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So you fought a giant robot and now you have to disarm a nuclear bomb in the middle of the hurricane.

And... the ultimate bad guy is having fun going through all of this. Way to insult everybody playing the game, developers!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

And there we go, the end of our story. It was a long, tumultuous road filled both with enemies and a few friends, but in the end we learned a valuable lesson. Not only about ourselves, but also about the world around us. This wonderful planet Earth that has bestowed life upon us for all these many millennium is in actuality a raging beast full of spite and hatred that wishes to rip everything you know and love asunder. It wants to bury your children in molten ash to preserve their tormented corpses as a reminder of the unbridled anger it feels. It wants to bath itself in a bottomless vista of undrinkable water so that you can die in droughts. And in the end there is only one man that can stand up to this much hated and maligned enemy to mankind....that man is Ray 'Earth Fucker' Bryce and he's going to save everyone.

Also if you nerds want me to show off any other costumes or upload the rest of the Disaster Files I will, but if you don't care then I will shrug my shoulders off into the sunset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I think you've earned your escape from this madness. Thanks for showing it the whole way through!

• Locked thread