Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Beeez posted:

After that other "donation guest" episode where the guy just tried to do what Scott does during Harris' Phone Corner, it sounds like it could indeed lead to disaster.

That's maybe one of my favorite episodes (although admittedly I love any episode with Harris). I thought that guy held his own pretty well for a non-comedian and we got Gelman's amazing monologue and "gently caress white people" rap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
PFT kills on the I4H out today.

THIS LAVENDER MOTHERFUCKER.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Unmerciful posted:

That's maybe one of my favorite episodes (although admittedly I love any episode with Harris). I thought that guy held his own pretty well for a non-comedian and we got Gelman's amazing monologue and "gently caress white people" rap.

What episode is that?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

The Senator Giroux posted:

What episode is that?
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/hi-how-are-you/

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Unmerciful posted:

Gelman is indeed amazing, but I don't think the non-comedy guest was very good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just want to say that every time a character jumped into the log floom it made me bus up.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Brock Samson posted:

You do get to choose your guests though. Mine would be Tim Heidecker and an ambient musician, and I'd laugh as podcast listeners everywhere blew their brains out.

The best donation episode combo would be Armen Weitzman and Matt Besser. Imagine the atmosphere of the episode of Who Charted they did together amplified by them both knowing this rear end in a top hat sitting next to them paid $5000 to recreate that.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Was Rauch doing both Kimmy and Katie? It sounded like they overlapped a few times but I couldn't place who the other voice was. I also really like Seth. He kinda' gets lost in the crazy.

Edit: Nevermind it was Lennon Parham as Kimmy. She is rapidly overtaking Jessica as my favorite of the pair after watching Playing House.

York_M_Chan fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Aug 15, 2014

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

York_M_Chan posted:

I also really like Seth. He kinda' gets lost in the crazy.

I loved the "Jap Tea" callback and the weird way he was counting down for the pictures.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The comedic timing on him kicking in the 1-2-3-4-5-6 was loving incredible.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Bad Opinions Time: If I wanted to hear Howard and Kulap I'd listen to Who Charted, and I don't listen to Who Charted.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

a worthy uhh posted:

Bad Opinions Time: If I wanted to hear Howard and Kulap I'd listen to Who Charted, and I don't listen to Who Charted.

That is a bad opinion, they are hilarious on this episode interacting with Gino and Scott.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

SOLD

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
I am looking forward to all of the characters on this episode. An intern and a kickstarter documentary maker.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Came for the Gino, stayed for Scott repeatedly calling Kulap his ex-girlfriend.

Well either that or Howard being unable to spell his own name.

Tavarin fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 18, 2014

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Get Gino on Who Charted. The Gino tour of all Earwolf shows.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Kulap isn't super funny and her documentary looks pretty bad. She seems pretty nice, though!

And Gino killed it, naturally.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Kulap isn't super funny and her documentary looks pretty bad. She seems pretty nice, though!

Ooh is it still Bad Opinions Time? Because I've got a thing or two to say about the untimely disappearance of Would You Rather

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

a worthy uhh posted:

If I wanted to listen to Paul F Tompkins I'd listen to his podcast.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

^^^^ I love PFT but his podcast is so hard to get through. He needs someone else to feed off of.

a worthy uhh posted:

Kulap just repeats everyone's jokes but she does balance out Howard's almost autistic personality. I usually stick with Who Charted through the music chart, if the guest is decent.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

a worthy uhh posted:

This is a bad, uh, podcast opinion.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

I don't mean to sound like an rear end in a top hat, but Kulap's Origin Story documentary looks boring and self-indulgent. It's probably cathartic for her to create, so I'd give it a pass if the kickstarter goal was $10,000 or something. But $110,000? Holy poo poo.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I dont even think its an opinion , let alone a bad opinion, that Kulap is not funny. She literally never tries to be funny or say anything funny. She seems cool but if anyone can find evidence of her being funny i actually would like to see it

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
Kulap is really good at making guests open up, and her role is to be the straight man to Howard's weirdness.

She's really good at talking to/interviewing/reacting to weirdos, see the Armen episodes, where she spends like half of each episode talking him out of a shame spiral.

(I don't regularly listen to Who Charted)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I listen to Who Charted if the guest is someone I like, and it's usually pretty entertaining then.

Six figures is a loving absurd amount of money to ask for in an indie movie crowdfunding campaign, especially if it's seriously just for post production.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

If I could, though, I would buy that sweet EP credit and launch myself into the world of Hollyweird.

I agree that is a crazy amount of money. But her and Scott are so Hollywood, I can't imagine them doing this like a college kid would.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Gino loving brought it this episode.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

manyak posted:

I dont even think its an opinion , let alone a bad opinion, that Kulap is not funny. She literally never tries to be funny or say anything funny. She seems cool but if anyone can find evidence of her being funny i actually would like to see it

Her episode of You Made It Weird, assuming you can handle vintage Pete Holmes, has a lot of riffing (before it gets into her family story and I Want To Believe stuff that Pete eats up). It's not GREAT comedy but it's good imho.

edit: I guess it's not really as good as I remember. Well, I tried.

Reformed Pissboy fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 19, 2014

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Plug Bag!

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I seem to remember her being funny on her SPY episode, too.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Kulap's much more in the good-natured fun person vein of funny, which doesn't stand out in the company she's usually in. It's a big reason why she works well with Howard though.

I stopped listening to Who Charted for awhile but it's a fun podcast, and Two Charted is an occasional listen for me.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I like Kulap, but I was not really interested in hearing an extended, straightforward plug for a serious documentary on this comedy podcast. Luckily Gino is a national treasure, so that made up for any dull stretches

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Tacier posted:

I don't mean to sound like an rear end in a top hat, but Kulap's Origin Story documentary looks boring and self-indulgent. It's probably cathartic for her to create, so I'd give it a pass if the kickstarter goal was $10,000 or something. But $110,000? Holy poo poo.

I agree with you. I like Kulap well enough, but I don't really understand her career very much. I don't understand the point of Who Charted nor do I understand the point of this movie.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Beeez posted:

I agree with you. I like Kulap well enough, but I don't really understand her career very much. I don't understand the point of Who Charted nor do I understand the point of this movie.

She's an actress. Kinda weird to debate whether she's funny when it's not her profession. She just happens to be surrounded by comedians because her husband and all their friends are comedians.

(I really like Kulap and think both Who Charted and she as a person are really swell. When I say she's not funny, it's not an insult.)

Don Pardo just died. MUSIIIIIIIIIIICAL GUEST... SATAN! I'm sure he's in heaven but it's more fun to say than God.

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 19, 2014

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

(I really like Kulap and think both Who Charted and she as a person are really swell. When I say she's not funny, it's not an insult.)

yeah that's what I meant. Shes not funny but shes not really trying to be i thought

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Her episode of You Made It Weird, assuming you can handle vintage Pete Holmes, has a lot of riffing (before it gets into her family story and I Want To Believe stuff that Pete eats up). It's not GREAT comedy but it's good imho.

edit: I guess it's not really as good as I remember. Well, I tried.

Thank you for trying

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
To be fair, she does describe herself as a comedian on the Indiegogo page. But whatever.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

She's an actress. Kinda weird to debate whether she's funny when it's not her profession. She just happens to be surrounded by comedians because her husband and all their friends are comedians.

Don Pardo just died. MUSIIIIIIIIIIICAL GUEST... SATAN! I'm sure he's in heaven but it's more fun to say than God.

I wasn't talking about her level of funniness so much as I don't understand why a podcast exists that's just two sort of funny people talking about the week's charts. Or what the appeal is for the general public of watching her movie. That's all I'm saying, I think she's a nice lady and I think she's a fun podcast presence whether she's funny or not, I just don't understand why these things are things.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Beeez posted:

I wasn't talking about her level of funniness so much as I don't understand why a podcast exists that's just two sort of funny people talking about the week's charts. Or what the appeal is for the general public of watching her movie. That's all I'm saying, I think she's a nice lady and I think she's a fun podcast presence whether she's funny or not, I just don't understand why these things are things.

"Two sort of funny people talking about the weeks charts" is an incredibly good podcast concept compared to 99% of podcasts that exist

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Yeah and the concept is "get to know our guest by discussing the charts" so it's half charts and half interview. I like Who Charted but I kind of got burned out on it, I guess. I thought this was a pretty decent episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I guess I just didn't realize anyone gave a poo poo about charts.